[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone help me fix my Steam. Since today, it has been freezing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: steam-screenshot-02.jpg (166KB, 1172x834px) Image search: [Google]
steam-screenshot-02.jpg
166KB, 1172x834px
Someone help me fix my Steam. Since today, it has been freezing up and I don't know what to do. I don't mean freezing as in the internet connection, I mean I literally can't even scroll down my library without having to wait for an entire minute for it to respond. Does anyone know why this is happening?
>>
same for me and two of my friends, wait it out I guess
>>
Go to settings -> web browser -> clear cache or something like that
>>
>>385045903
unless thats not you in the image, what the fuck would you ever be scrolling? cs go?
>>
>>385046043
this + killing steamwebhelper.exe fixed it for me
>>
>>385046043
That fixes it temporarily, as soon as you restard steam/your pc it fucks up again
>>
>>385045903
If you PM me your password I could probably get it going again depending on what it is.
>>
I cant even launch mine.

It went to download an update for the tenth time this week and then upon applying the update the bootstrapper crashes. Tried uninstalling completely and doing a fresh install, same thing.

Steam support was very helpful though, even though I told them there had been no software or hardware changes since the last time I ran steam they still think its in issue on my side.

Even though it was running fine yesterday.
And nothing changes on my side.
And it happened right after they release an update.
>>
I PM'd you the fix
>>
Killing windows update is what did it for me somehow
>>
>>385046043
HOLY SHIT it worked! Thanks man.

>>385046078
Also that's not me, it's a random picture I got off google.
>>
>>385046043

Bingo.
>>
its been happening to me too
>>
Same shit here. Fixed it by setting the "Steamservice" "detail" to high priority.

Glad it's something they fucked up though.
>>
>>385047862
Actually, scratch that, it does seem to be an issue with steamwebhelper.exe.
>>
>filehorse.com watermark

You are all morons.
>>
>the absolute state of PeeCucks
>>
>>385048363
How does the fact that the image OP picked from google images make us morons? A lot of people are having the Steam client issue
>>
>>385048483
Haven't both the Xbox and Playstation had updates that bricked their entire consoles?
>>
>>385048483
>have an issue on PC
>google or thread on /v/ provides easy solution in minutes
>have an issue on console
>
>>
File: ride.jpg (231KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
ride.jpg
231KB, 863x752px
A WORK AROUND
Okay, this work around seems to work:

Open task manager and go to the Details tab.

Find steamwebhelper.exe and end the task.

The process will shut down, then three more instances will pop up. However, Steam should now be running fine.

You'll have to do this any time that Steam is restarted.
>>
>>385045903
your hard drives dying brah
>>
>>385048903
get madder, PeeCuck
>>
clearing cache will work will most of the time, but it obvious something is fucked up on valve's end when the entire userbase is having the same issue.
>>
Can confirm I'm also having this issue.
Can confirm >>385046043 works for the time being.
Can confirm that even with Steam being shittier than usual it's still better than a console with an equivalently shitty update.
>>
Shit's fucked yo.
>>
>>385045903
ever since the summer sale im having the exact same issue plus family sharing having to be reset every few days or it will give "failed to initialize steam API"
I'd better start pirating everything if they dont fix this quick
>>
>>385045903
buy a ps4 so bloodborne can install
>>
is there a valve response to this yet? the last update clearly fucked everything up.
>>
>>385053216
Valve rarely respond to anything, it'll just be fixed in a hotfix in a day or two.
>>
Are people with this problem in the Steam Beta Update? I was in the beta but I've opted back to only proper releases now because shit's fucked up just like everyone else here said and it only started happening this morning.
>>
>>385053718
I'm not in the beta.
>>
>>385053718
not in beta either, its a valve issue especially since everything was fine yesterday and everyone is having the same problem today regardless of beta.
>>
>>385046043

Thanks bud.
>>
>>385046543
go learn the basics about computer software.
>>
File: well memed.png (141KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
well memed.png
141KB, 502x502px
I'm playing some Dota 2 on my Steam machine running Gentoo without any problems here.
>>
>try to replicate this
>remember i'm on macOS
>feel smug for a second
>remember that there's nogaems on mac
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.