[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come certain video game communities always have a shit community?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1447145304881.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447145304881.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
How come certain video game communities always have a shit community? It's always "REEEE NORMIES" they don't embrace new people to enjoy the things they enjoy. Why is that?

It seems like any game that has RPG elements has the most cancerous communities.
>>
"REEE NORMIES" might not even be the first reaction, if they already let them in.
>>
>>385042539
new people ruin everything, always have and always will
>>
>>385042539
Communities always get worse when they get bigger no exceptions. Also a lot of newcomers basically just want you to do all their thinking for them and ask basic ass questions.
>>
>>385043609
But you were new at a game at some point right? Who were the ones who welcomed you in open arms?

Especially when it comes to MMO's I am glad I didn't run into any snobby nerds being dickheads to me.

I ran into some incredibly nice people. But on the other hand, I've met plenty of snobby nerds extremely rude for no reason because of "M-MUH SEKRET KLUB!" bullshit.
>>
>>385043949
I was never welcomed with open arms. The best way to integrate is not to get everything shoved down your throat. It is either understand us or get out.
>>
>>385043860
>Also a lot of newcomers basically just want you to do all their thinking for them and ask basic ass questions.

Sometimes people have a hard time looking up stuff or they just don't understand gameplay mechanics. Some people learn better by having someone else teach them. You have to be patient.

I mean think of it this way, it gives you an opportunity to actually make friends. If it's so basic it should be easy to explain shit.

No matter how "dumb" a question is I'll answer it in open arms. Eventually you'll gain the respect from a lot of people.
>>
>>385044337
>The best way to integrate is not to get everything shoved down your throat.

But that's so subjective though.

>It is either understand us or get out.

Are you aware you're a walking stereotype at this point? You're the definition of a snobby nerd.
>>
File: Uwm9u5i.png (500KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
Uwm9u5i.png
500KB, 800x593px
>Complains about people complaining bout "le normies" invading niche communities while posting LE EBIN ANIMEME screenshot
I bet you like anime ironically.
>>
>>385044619
>I bet you like anime ironically.
You fucking moron we're on 4chan out of all the places with weebs.
>>
>>385044365
I'm fairly patient man, but at some point people have to take personal responsibility. If someone asks how to work on their anti airs in fighting games I'll explain how to set up training mode and practice. If they then proceed to ask for the best AA in every situation when they have the tools to test it themselves I start to lose patience.
>>
>>385044832
Then you're not a leader or a teacher.
>>
Smash thread?
>>
>>385044938
A leader can delegate and expect people to make an effort. A teacher can assign homework and expect it to be done.

The word you're looking for is babysitter, and no I'm not a fucking babysitter.
>>
>>385045351
>Being this in-denial

Only a fool lacks patience.
>>
>>385045762
And only a doormat doesn't expect people to meet him in the middle. Only a parent or maybe a grade school teacher should have near unlimited patience.

I've been told I'm a great teacher my entire life. Expecting nothing from people learning from you isn't part of being a good teacher.
>>
File: twaaat.jpg (92KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
twaaat.jpg
92KB, 960x960px
>Play an MMO
>Game has deep gameplay mechanics
>Too retarded to learn how to play
>Join new guild
>Scared to ask questions because they're probably dumb questions
>Look up game info and guides
>Confused af now
>Grind through the game pretending to know the mechanics
>Fear of losing your guild friends because you're retarded

It sucks being this retarded.
>>
File: giphy.gif (512KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
512KB, 500x280px
>>385045961
>I've been told I'm a great teacher my entire life.

Not the same guy but I think if you lack patience you're a really shitty teacher

There's some people out there who just struggle with learning, usually from a lack of self-confidence. If you're truly a leader you don't act like a whiney snobby nerd, "w-well you shouldn't learned it the first time I explained it to you!" bullshit.

Especially out of everything being a leader over a video game and you act this? That's sad.
>>
>>385046389
Saying I start to lose patience isn't the same thing as snapping at the person. I'm mature enough to make sure they have no idea what I'm thinking. It's not struggling I have issues with it's a total lack of effort. Seeing someone try and fail is absolutely fine. Seeing someone make no effort because they want you to think for them isn't.
>>
Will you allow a middle aged drunk into your community bros?
>>
>>385046795
Only if he'd try to molest me.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.