[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does Red Dead Redemption still hold up? thinking of going back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Red_Dead_Redemption[1].jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption[1].jpg
62KB, 300x360px
does Red Dead Redemption still hold up?

thinking of going back to it before 2 comes out
>>
What do you mean by "still hold up"?

The multiplayer is a ghost town, so that's out. Or are you pulling that meme of did it "age well"?
>>
The only thing that doesn't hold up is the frame rate
>>
Xbox one back compat is definitely edition. Stable fps compared to 360 and 360 version was much better than PS3 counterpart.
>>
It's literally GTA IV in western. Strange that not many people hated this game compared to IV.
>>
fuck no
>>
>>385037785
The multiplayer is a ghost town because it got nuked by a glitch/mod.
>>
>>385038295
Gee, is that all I have to do? Buy a a platform with no fucking games on it just to experience the definitive version? No thanks, sticking with PS3
>>
>>385038397

nobody with an IQ over 90 hated on GTA IV
>>
>>385038630
You haven't seen too many GTA threads then
>>
>>385038295
You sure? Cause most open world games run like garbage on the standard Xbone.
>>
>>385038625
You don't have to do anything. Why are you sonybros always like that? It's just a fact that it's where the game plays best. If anything get a 360(cheap as fuck) and have a better system than the PS3 and enjoy a much better version of Red Dead Redemption.
>>
I never played undead nightmare

should I?
>>
>>385039205
Yeah. Graphics are the same as the 360, but the framerate dips of the 360 are for the most part gone.
>>
>>385039223
Sure. Pretty fun story. Going through Jorge's Gap is fantastic and even more so with the fire horse.
>>
>>385038630

This your first time on /v/? Hell, your first time on the internet period?
>>
I played the demo on the ps3 but got a little annoyed that the game ended every time a killed a civilian, does it change later on? It's 8€ right now so I wanted to be sure before I buy it
>>
>>385039223
I find the story very comedic. Not in a quipyy jokey way but how all the characters handled the ridiculous stupid scenario in a very serious manner. Someone should give their writers medals.
>>
>>385040135
it has a morality system in place so you can just kill people if you want to
>>
>>385040135
You're only not allowed to kill civilians during missions. Outside of them you can go ahead and do what you want.
>>
>>385039223
Good for one play through and to catch all the unique horses, unless a western themed zombie survival is your holy grail it won't require one more than one play through though

>>385040417
It cemented in my mind on just how based Seth the treasure hunter was.
>>
>joke combat
>open world but with nothing to do except tie up hookers on train tracks until it stops being funny (after 1 time)
>story is just an excuse to checkmark every western cliche in the book

eh, I guess you should play it once, but the shallowness is painful. The only good thing about the game is objectively the epilogue/ending
>>
>>385040135
you can kill civilians but being good offers more benefits
>>
File: 1276425178438s.jpg (2KB, 107x127px) Image search: [Google]
1276425178438s.jpg
2KB, 107x127px
>mfw dead eye dynamite
>>
>>385040832
Assaulting bandits, bounty hunting, chariot races, and wreaking havoc was pretty fun imo, just wished they gave you more options to interact with the various gangs out side of wiping them out.
>>
>>385037536
pros:
excellent atmosphere
excellent visuals
excellent presentation, production value
excellent snappy, meaty shooting
excellent story missions
great distractions like wildlife, bounties, outfits, poker
excellent side missions
cons:
>trash resolution
>trash framerate
>trash repetitive respawning 'enemy camps', >flower gathering, etc
>plenty of weird bugs, spawning issues, people who are lassoed can't get up anymore, etc
>horse controls and foot controls are not great
>playing as jack marston

worth it, there's so much great content, all packaged with a great looking authentic western theme, it's plenty of fun, but the framerate in blackwater makes me fucking angry
>>
>>385041157
Yup. Gambling was pretty fun as well. Poker, black jack, and liars dice are all good.
>>
The game is a slog for the first few hours. The side activities mostly suck. The dead eye system is garbage. And at least on PS3 the aliasing gave me eye cancer
>>
>>385037536
I only have the PS3 version, which is the inferior multiplat version and I still think that it holds up well
>>
>>385041763
Gambling wasn't really my thing, but then neither was hunting and my brother was practically in love with hunting bears and boars in the woods.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.