[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know a lot of people here don't like Overwatch but is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 85

I know a lot of people here don't like Overwatch but is anyone else sad that it's dying? I really like the game but it's pretty obvious why everyone is abandoning it. It makes it really hard to enjoy the game when literally everyone hates it but you. Does anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>385036076
I liked it at first but then everyone started playing as Hanzo and Genji.
>>
No. I'm actually a little happy
>>
Had a good first year but it adopted wow cycle of updates.

Heroes taking 4 months is fine but there should be a new map ever couple months.

I mean we had 1 3v3 map for how long??
>>
>>385036076
>it's dying
Is it? I only play occasionally when I have nothing better to do, but to me it always seems the same.
>>
>>385036076
They should have just left the balancing alone, nobody wants to have a changing meta and play styles in a hero shooter like that. Listening to people who wanted competitive and esports was also a dumb idea.
>>
>10 million players
>Dying
Hmmmmm
>>
>>385036076
im not a nigger, fag, or a queer with terrible tastes for faggot games developed by faggot publishers catered towards gay faggot niggers who dont know any better about continuing to play a faggot game for faggot niggers designed by queer nigger faggots so no
>>
>>385036076
I stopped playing because of the weekly 9 arcade win shit. Basically all my time on the game was being spent playing a mode that I absolutely hate so I said fuck it and stopped playing all together
>>
Dive comp is kinda ruining the game. Meta comp in general is pretty bad for it, and the fact that blizzard is trying to balance the game between casuals and "esports pros"
>>
File: 1462627593773.png (451KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
1462627593773.png
451KB, 1000x721px
>>385036649
>>
File: 1478453528237.jpg (2MB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
1478453528237.jpg
2MB, 1956x2068px
>>385036076
I would be sad but when they removed 6v6 No Limits they removed the only playable fun mode from the game.

I feel kind of ripped off since when I bought Overwatch that mode was literally the only thing available, now they removed it from the fucking arcade. GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT DECISION THERE WAS NO REASON FOR IT FUCK YOU BLIZZARD YOUR GAME IS GONNA DIE AND YOU HAVE NO-ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.

P.S. If they put 6v6 No Limits back in as a permanent mode I'll come crawling back.
>>
I really enjoyed the game but blizzard's approach on balance has seriously killed that enjoyment recently. I want the game to fall flat on its face now
>>
>>385036076
I keep hearing people say it's dying, especially in the pro scene due to nothing but dive meta, but I don't understand why the average person who likes playing multiplayer shooters every now and then would have reason to stop playing it.
It's still fun, and I feel that the person who complains about lack of new content isn't satisfied enough with the core of the base game to be playing for long anyways.
>>
How is it dying? Doesn't it have millions of players and increasing in popularity every day anymore?
I haven't paid attention to it since Sombra came out. Got disappointed to no end, I love stealth play but they made her some kind of extremely shitty Tracer with short duration cloak and a slow teleport instead.
>>
>>385036529
All of the pro players and streamers quit.

>>385036587
This game does not have ten million players. It's probably in the thousands currently.
>>
Everytime I try playing arcade there's always some premade on there crying about my rank
I usually ignore it but it's been every single time people just throwing and I don't find it fun anymore.
>>
>>385036869
>All of the pro players and streamers quit.
Uhh, which ones?
>>
>>385036649
This, except I am a nigger
>>
File: 6548465468.jpg (37KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
6548465468.jpg
37KB, 560x300px
>>385036076
im just happy quakes back
never gave a shit about overwatch i just played it because i needed something other than cs go, dropped it about a month after release
>>
Yeah, I feel ya OP.
On one hand, the game is extremely poorly designed. On the other hand blizzard can't change anything about the game without people having mental breakdowns.
>>
>>385036809
Yeah that was a fun mode. I enjoyed fucking around in it with friends. The no cooldown mode is cancer in comparison.
>>
Honestly gigantic is a better game.
>>
>>385036502
you have no idea what it takes to develop a map. it is a very long process, testing bugs, filling every nook and cranny with details, retesting, balancing etc. not to mention the conceptual phase.
>>
>>385036869
>pro streamers quitting means the game is dying
most normal people are not pro streamers
>>
>>385036960
Dspstanky for one
>>
File: 1495838447340.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1495838447340.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>385036076
>it's dying

imagine being such a butt hurt little btich that you insist on forcing this shitty little meme.
>>
File: D.Va discovers overwatch r34.jpg (84KB, 700x1313px) Image search: [Google]
D.Va discovers overwatch r34.jpg
84KB, 700x1313px
>>385036076
It's not dying, it's just stalled right now.
I played since the open beta, and I realized from the get-go that this game is quite shallow.
>best strategy is to just 6v6, rarely will flanking be more beneficial then sticking with the amorphous blob of heals and shields that is your team
>atrocious map design for Capture Point. "Hey let's go top right and take the second point" is boring if its done for each map.
>most heroes can do 1-2 things, essentially. The newer heroes like Ana and Sombra have a bit more complexity/flexibility but the majority of the cast aren't really complex.
I can't speak about comp because I tapped out at 3.7 SR in season 4 and stopped playing because my main mouse broke. But it's just more and more people are wising up to shallow the game is. People bitch about "dive meta" when triple tank was just as boring - and I guarantee the next meta will be just as uninteresting. It's just how the game works.
>>
just play in arcade with custom games. my next custom game mode im gonna make is called "world of tanks." bastion only, ultimate charges very quickly, jump velocity speed turned way down, damage turned down, health turned up, reduced respawn time, amount healed is reduced, and the turret will be the only way to attack besides ulting.
>>
>>385037193
>>385036809
Same boat, Overwatch was meant as a casual shooter to fuck around in. I didn't mind all the weird patches and changes as long as I could still fuck around without limits, now it's all more competitive shit.
>>
File: IMG_5300.jpg (94KB, 881x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5300.jpg
94KB, 881x758px
>>385036837
Yes it does. Cucks like OP are falseflagging as fans because people love the game no matter how much /v/ claims it's dying.

They're just being contrarians.
>>
>>385036869

sowhat if the streamers quit? that means fuckall.

>gaugeing a game's success by the streamers.

nu-/v/ is real.
>>
>>385037293
Yeah actually, that means no one is interested.
Anon, Shrek super slam has a pro scene while overwatch doesn't. That's REALLY bad.
>>
>>385036076
The hype has died down because that's how gaming works, but it's far from dead.
>>
>>385037421
OP here. I really am a fan of the game. But let's be honest here, this game won't have a playerbase by 2018. Every friend i played with dropped the game.
>>
>>385036076
I don't really like overwatch all that much but I don't think it's dieing. People these days apparently aren't used to games having sub a million players a day or something fucking ludicrous. People move on and play other stuff, it doesn't mean this game is dead it just means it's not as popular. Games aren't dead until they stop getting updates and people 100% stop playing.
>>
>>385037423
Despite what you think most gamers like to stream. That's bad news for your game if even streamers are done.
>>
>>385037479
oh look another shrek super slam fanboy

fuck off SSS sucks
>>
>>385037313
>Everyone are leaving
>Well, only one
>>
>>385037673
I promise you that OW will retain its current numbers or be barely under where they are. The game is just getting doomfist and more is around the corner.
>>
>>385037346
>flanking isn't viable
Is exactly why I lost interest. I don't mind team play, but I've always been the flanker player, such as the TF2 Scout, Spy or a roaming Soldier.
I am just more effective in being that guy that shows up just in the right moment. When the enemies turn around because my team's arrived, that's usually where I'll jump in, score a few kills and objectives, and then only temporarily join in with my team blob if it seems appropriate (like no other enemies needing to be killed and only the objective is left to be pushed). I don't even care about being "that guy" that tries to "make plays" for their comp montage, it's just how I've realized that I can support my team best.
>>
>>385037824
I'm not a fan, I'm just using it as an example.
>>
>>385036869
>All of the pro players and streamers quit.
Nigga Blizzard literally just did a ridiculous powerplay that got the owner of the fucking new England Patriots to buy the rights to a pro team. There are now billions of dollars in their esports scene for better or worse.
>>
>>385037117
If only it wasn't shit, which it is.
>>
>>385038039
Sure thing SSSdrone
>>
>>385036076
Terry Crews not voice acting Doomfist the final nail in the coffin?
>>
>>385036529
Not really. It's just /v/ being retarded like usual.
>>
>>385038087
>blizzard pumping an absurd amount of money into the pro scene
>barely anyone even watches or cares about the tournaments
>>
the game is not even close to dying, it's selling better than cod and battlefield on amazon on consoles no less
>>
>>385037241
>balancing
weird because none of the current maps are fun or balanced
>>
>>385038341
That and doomfist is just fucking weak.
How the hell do you make a character that can one-shot so weak?
>>
>>385037241
Siege gets a new map and 2 new characters every 3 months. Aside from this last cycle where the devs are choosinv to work on bugs.
>>
>>385037908
There aren't many objectives on maps, either.
You have the control points, the back-line supports, and if you're Sombra you can hack the mega health packs. That's pretty much it without going into abstract objectives like high ground or secondary area control.
>>
I think it's a fun and well-designed game, but I don't care at all about the competitive aspect.

I think the reason why a lot of people stop playing is because the game is a team-based shooter, but everyone want to play it as if it was something else, where they can run around and do their own thing.
Every match is entirely dependant on team composition, and the worst player in the team will be why you lose.

It ends up making the game frustrating unless you're actually winning, because there isn't really a saving grace to each character's role.
In TF2 I didn't care at all about losing, just having fun, but OW game makes sure to make people feel punished for losing.

I like playing the game because it's fun, and when I have had my share of fun I will probably stop playing it. That's probably what most people think about.
>>
>>385038380
People don't play videogames competitively because of their "love for the game". They're money motivated. When you have actual sponsors who do something other than make motherboards you're likely to be paid significant amounts of money comparatively. I'm not at all saying this is a good thing because manufacturing an esports scene is retarded but I assure you any "pro" who bailed on overwatch would be replaced by 5 up-and-comers who want money.
>>
>>385038428
Sauce? I really want to know how many people are buying copies of this "dead game".
>>
>>385038586
So they are getting 3 maps this year... So might OW.
>>
>>385036076
>shitty amounts of new content/variety to the base game mods
>few maps, new characters
>comp is full of tryhard faggots who can't play for shit, and comp games are a fucking slog
>qp is full of "hurr qp is just practice" retards who basically are constantly feeding
>arcade is fun, too many game modes for how many people play arcade though
>balance is shit, several heroes need a buff and a nerf at the same time
>blizz nerfs heroes that really didn't need it into the ground without fixing other problems
I think OP is full of shit when he claims the game is dying, but I know why I keep leaving the game.
sometimes it's a fun time-waster, though
>>
>>385037479
>has a pro scene while overwatch doesn't. That's REALLY bad.
Isn't there an Overwatch world cup going on right now or something?
>>
>>385038586
Ubisoft might have shot themselves in the foot with Siege. Plus, there are way more bugs unaccounted for in maps in Siege than in Overwatch.

Still, it's painfully apparent that Blizzard is intentionally being slow with new updates and content. It sounds entitled, but I guess that's what happens when most of the maps in the game are so similar that they "feel" the same.
>>
>>385038841
Yes and nobody is paying attention to it. Most of the people in this world cup even admitted the game is dying.
It's one thing if /v/ shitposts about a dead game, it's another when people in real life even admit it.
>>
>>385036076
Good, waiting for and just chaining ultimates to win was stupid.
>>
>>385039038
>Most of the people in this world cup even admitted the game is dying.
Can you give any examples of this? I haven't heard of the game dying outside of this thread
>>
>>385039038
>being this far up your own arse

M8 the game is here to stay no matter how angry you get
>>
File: ZVN8Gyc8ER4.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZVN8Gyc8ER4.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
I only regret buying it in the first place. If it dies - good riddance, blizzard deserves it
>>
so much asspain over a game that will never die
>>
>>385039479
>blizzard deserves it
why
>>
>>385036076
If I could unlock event skins and stuff in regular loot boxes I would play more, but unless there's a new character or event there's no reason to play OW.
>>
i'm glad that game is dying, regret buying it and the community is by far one of the worst I have ever experienced outside of CSGO or H1Z1
>>
>>385039645
There Is literally a new character coming out in a few days.
>>
>>385039816
I know. There's no reason to play until then.
>>
>>385039863
No reason to play until Lucio ball*
>>
>>385037313
Name ONE more.
>>
>>385039215
I don't know how to spell his name but one of the pros went on Twitter explaining how he has no hope for overwatch.
>>
>>385037313
I just googled this guy's name and literally all he plays is Overwatch
>>
Mercy needs a good BBC to genuinely please her. Oxton too
>>
>>385036649
This. Could have not said it any better.
>>
>>385038710
>People don't play videogames competitively because of their "love for the game". They're money motivated.

Explain grassroots tournaments
>>
Even a shit f2p has 10x times more updates with more quality than this garbage.

4-5 months for some new real content is fucking shit, and the content is not even good.
>>
>>385039970
Seagull is done and Moonmoon admitted he only plays for the money.
>>
>>385040169
He quit streaming overwatch recently
>>
>>385040434
The only bad content released was Oasis and Orisa. Everything else is great.
>not wanting to play on German castle world
>>
>>385038727
just look up amazon best sellers list dumb dumb
>>
>>385036076
Obsession with what's meta makes the game stale to viewers and high level players alike
Comp mode filled with stupid and counterintuitive design choices
Wants to be both casual and '1337 esports' when the design philosophy of the game makes evenly balancing for both extremely difficult
>>
It's far from dying. The user base keeps growing.

Only thing dying is competitive. The meta got stale and unfun. Quick play is still massively popular.
>>
>>385036529

queue times are a lot longer than they used to be for me, i'll say that
>>
I love the game. I hate the community.
Everyone in it is literally retarded.
>>
>>385036076

Lena and Amélie will always be in my wankbank, Anon. Who cares about the shitty game?
>>
>all these people defending overwatch
What the fuck happened? Last thread we all unanimous agreed the game is fucked. American posters or something?

Either way this game is a joke. Streamers and pros are quitting, it's getting less and less views on twitch, all of m friends dropped the game, and nobody thinks of overwatch in a positive light. Is Overwatch dead? No. Memefist just came out. Is it dying? Will it die out before 2018? You bet your ass it will.
>>
>>385040931
I'm playing on EU servers and compared to 5-6 months ago queue times are actually much shorter.
>>
>>385041194
User base keeps growing but the competitive side is leaving.
>>
>>385040931
Queue times take less than a minute for me. Sometimes at night they can get up to three minutes at most.
>>
Hello my fellow [NBA Basketball Team CEOs] how do you do? I really enjoy this video game for us [NBA Basketball Team CEOs].
>>
>>385041404
Right, so the game is dying.
>>
>>385041035
this, the few games I get where my friends/teammates work together well and the enemy team isn't retarded are actually fun and keep me coming back

every autist immediately flaming everyone the second we lose a round makes the game unfun bullshit, though
>>
>>385041538
Remind me how small the percentage of players are top level competitive compared to every casual that plays.
>>
>>385041743
I think flamers make the game more fun. I like hearing man-babies get angry. It's not fun when they throw though.
>>
File: 1500700502869.jpg (335KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500700502869.jpg
335KB, 1280x720px
The game is definitely dying on the competitive front. Blizzard is pumping money into the scene but viewership is extremely low.

Many, many teams have already dropped Overwatch and a few pro players have + have explained via social media their problems with it.

Teams that have dropped include Dignitas, Fnatic, Afreeca Red, Denial E-sports, TSM, and a host of others. You can google this information easily.
>>
>>385041901
It's irrelevant. If a pro scene abandons a game then the playerbase goes to. This is a fact.
>>
File: bx32wbpuape1okkdjuso.jpg (48KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
bx32wbpuape1okkdjuso.jpg
48KB, 800x450px
>>385036076
It's so fucking boring. Everyone says that you can't compare it to TF2, but that's exactly what it is-- a shitty TF2. If you're on a team with bad players, there isn't shit you can do about it whereas you could carry in TF2 despite the fact that it was a teambased shooter.

In Overwatch, no single player can make enough of an impact to do anything since every hero has shields and escapes and ultimates, so the meta will always be to stay as 6 and hope that you get a pick before they do.
>>
>>385042183
It's not bad. It's just different. I don't mind playing a game where you have to actually work with your team. That's what sets it apart from tf2.
You might think it's shit, and that's okay, but don't act like your opinion is objective.
>>
>>385036076
This is as for someone who made it to high masters and probably higher if I hadn't stressed out due to performance anxiety and anger problems due to the incredibly shitty community.

For me it's the lack of content, insufferable community, and weird balance changes + contradicting reasons for those changes.

Why would they nerf Roadhog just because the lower elo portion finds his mechanic unfun/don't want to learn how to counter him but yet not even budge when their entire community finds 2cp unfun since season 1?

While I'm not at the spectrum of "THIS GAME IS DEAD ITS ALL OVER" because the game is young and it can still break out of this shit. I think if they keep up the bad balance updates with bad explanations then it's just going to lose it's chance and never recover.
>>
>>385042183
Truth.

Carrying in TF2 as a Spy makes me fucking ecstatic like no other, even if it's just in a pub game. Collecting 8+ dominations and continuously murdering the same shitty players over and over until they switch classes to attempt to counter me, or better yet call me names in chat, is the best fucking thing ever.
Well, could just be that I strive for this feeling in any multiplayer game. Overwatch isn't capable of giving me that feeling.
>>
>>385041997
The casual scene is dying to.
Nobody I know plays anymore, queue times take forever, and blizzard is clearly scared of releasing the playerbase number.
Repeat after me:
DEAD
>>
>>385041901
The pro-scene is incredibly important (especially in their main regions of korea/china where most of their money and players are), that's why Blizzard throw money at it and why they pander to the pro players.

The game won't close down or anything, it's just that it's moment in the sun is gone.

I loved it for a long time but the constant sjw bullshit, slow updates and terrible "balance changes" made me hate it.
>>
File: robut.png (2MB, 1710x970px) Image search: [Google]
robut.png
2MB, 1710x970px
>>385038462
>>
>>385042594
Name ONE sjw thing in this game besides tracer being gay.
>>
>>385042378
Roadhog was literally the only effective flanking hero and they killed him off. Every meta from now on
>>385042453
TF2 is my favorite game, but I haven't played it for years. I quit when they started adding weapon skins and missions that you had to pay for. Upsetting that they turned it into such a cashgrab shitfest. Last I heard with the release of Overwatch they removed the server browser. That's what made it such a community oriented game.

I wish there was a config where you could just blacklist all the stuff that ruined the style of the game.
>>
>>385042553
>Repeat after me: DEAD

This is truly the most obnoxious meme that has come out of nu-/v/
>>
>>385036719
How bad are you that you didn't get all your wins in a session or two? Is this the average v retard who complains about the game?
>>
>>385042183
If overwatch wasn't so reliant on ultimate it would be better, that's the main thing I hate about it that makes it boring as fuck.
>>
>>385042553
GAME
>>
>>385041538
I'm not sure that's so critical, really. I'd be content to see Overwatch fail because I think it's an unfun Skinner Box, but I don't think professional play is actually the end-all be-all of a game's success. If it has a large dedeicated casual base playing the game, buying boxes, and keeping qp full, then is it a dead game? Can you explain why you feel that lack of professional attention spells out a games death?
>>
>>385042801
I'm an adult who doesn't sit and play overwatch for hours.
>>
Its over a year old
Time for the damn sequel already!
>>
>>385042940
so you're a casual, gotcha
>>
>>385036719
It's all aesthetic shit, who cares?
>>
>>385042846
I said DYING anon. There's still plenty of soccer mom's playing. They'll get bored and the game will die out by 2018.
>>
>>385042693
You quit TF2 for all the wrong reasons friendo.
Weapon skins never had an impact on the game. Most people in pubs don't give a shit or even use them. 1-4 / 24 players even use excessive cosmetics beyond one hat for one class or similar.

No, where you should have quit would be like myself, when they removed the Valve Official Servers from the server browser. Community servers that aren't 32 players/24seven/trading/furry/funmap/friendlies/garbage haven't existed since like 2012.
The only option we have to even play the game now is through a very shitty, very slow, very dysfunctional lobby kind of system now. You have to select a minimum of maps you want to play, and then hope you get put into one that even has over 10 players on it. Oh, and there's also a chance you get thrown into one of the garbage community servers through this system, forcing you to immediately leave or receive brain cancer.
>>
>>385043069
Yes, I am a casual overwatch player.

Are you a hardcore overwatch player?
>>
File: 1424662460207.jpg (328KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1424662460207.jpg
328KB, 1053x1070px
>>385041194

>What the fuck happened? Last thread we all unanimous agreed the game is fucked. American posters or something?

That's probably because that thread doesn't represent everyone on /v/. If that thread also started out as a hate thread then a lot of people for Overwatch will just ignore it.

This thread is more neutral so you see more differing opinions.
>>
>>385043086
>They'll get bored and the game will die out by 2018.
This is what I am asking you to explain. If pros are leaving why is is a given that it is going to kill the casual playerbase too?
>>
File: 1500930120880.png (747KB, 1188x856px) Image search: [Google]
1500930120880.png
747KB, 1188x856px
>>
>>385042693
What does roadhog have to do with anything?
I'm just saying tf2 and overwatch are made for different people and that's okay.
>>
File: #1 KIDDER STEVE.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
#1 KIDDER STEVE.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>385040727
>Orisa
>bad

Dude she's fun to play and her kit is effective if you aren't a mouth breather
>>
>>385036076
Overwatch never had the foundation to be taken seriously as an esport. They should have fucking embraced the character stacking and added to that and other silly, fun shit.
>>
>>385043248
why do you people give a fuck about dsp anyway?
he is over, its just the slow trickle down to the floor left now
>>
>>385043243
Because if people that play the game for a living are done with the game then why should casuals play? There's no reason to.
>>
File: Space Station recital...HONK.jpg (55KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Space Station recital...HONK.jpg
55KB, 300x375px
"IS OVERWATCH DYING?" is the new "IS WOW DYING?" thread that gets posted every few months. Numbers will fluctuate, but few Blizzard games every truly "die". Chill your shit. If you don't like it, don't play it. I couldn't give a fat load what streamers and pro's are doing. They don't play into what games I like or want to play whatsoever.
>>
>>385036076
> get matched with Jeff Kaplan himself
> immediately pick Winston so no one else can
> throw nonstop the entire game
> angrily call Kaplan a kike the whole time
> don't get banned

Pretty much the entire reason the game is dying right now. Getting punishment of any kind is fucking impossible, and throwers now reign supreme.

Competitive might as well not even exist. It's fucking unplayable.
>>
>>385043248
>b-but the game isn't dying!
>>
>>385040316
They're not mutually exclusive. Still lot of people are there for the money if it wasn't the case publishers wouldn't bother spending 100's of millions into "esports".

You need money to attract players. It doesn't mean that without money competitive gaming will cease, but it will never be as large as with money.
>>
>>385042667
The characters they added since launch:
a fat chick
a mexican chick that's covered up as far as possible
a black guy
an old indian woman

Constant ratcheting down on "toxic chat"

Pandering to any sjw outrage, like the mei fat shaming nonsense. The tracer pose thing

The comics too
>>
>>385043510
Aren't they working on banning throwers during the next update?
>>
>>385043491
WoW is dead though. Nobody plays anymore. The playerbase is in the thousands.
>>
>>385043418
I think this is a false analogy though, because pro players and casual players have different needs and preferences. A game being ill-suited for competitive does not make it a poor match for casual players. Can you explain why you feel it's definitely the case that the casual base will follow the pro scene?
>>
>>385043608
>whines about sjw shit
>cant even say wetback or nigger
>>
They should remove everything but the best game mode.
>>
>>385043783
I think you're missing his argument, WoW lived for a very long time and people were predicting its death as early as Burning Crusade.
>>
>>385043783
Wow is still in the top 10 most profitable pc games in the world, ahead of overwatch.

It's their biggest game still.
>>
>>385043608
Hey I doubt it matters to you but Ana is Egyptian, not Indian.
>>
>>385043783
They still have more active unique than FF XIV so I guess every MMO can be considered dead at this point.
>>
>>385036568
this. The problem is they make most of their money off those comp and esports fags who are addicted as fuck to the game.
>>
File: 1470038577818.jpg (48KB, 506x514px) Image search: [Google]
1470038577818.jpg
48KB, 506x514px
>>385043491
>but few Blizzard games every truly "die"

Because sc2, hots and d3 are perfectly alive and well right?
>>
>>385043608
Their race is a part of their character so it's fine, the Mei thing was just people complaining about nothing, blizzard hasn't done shit about "toxicity", and blizzard took a sexualizing pose and made it more sexualized.
Mr Fantastic called, he's envious of that stretch.
>>
File: z.gif (455KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
z.gif
455KB, 720x405px
>>385043783
>WoW is dead
>>
>>385044041
but Symmetra is
>>
>>385043807
Most overwatch players are in china and korea, they also spend the most money. Reason being is it's huge in the gaming cafes where you pay per hour.

To casual players there the pro-scene is very important, if pro players abandon the game so will they.

In the west it's less important but it's not that big in the west anyway.
>>
>>385044178
actually yes lol
>>
Needs more payload maps, I hate assault maps and they pop up too frequently in queue. Temple of Anubis and Hanamura are the most unfun boring maps I've ever played in an FPS.
>>
>>385043608
wew who cares

You probably think any non-white character in any video game is "SJW pandering," right?
>>
>>385044178
I don't think you realize how retardedly profitable those games are for blizz
>>
>>385043608
The word filter is fun, seeing all the kids having a meltdown over it was hilarious.
>>
all they had to do was

1. add a map editor
2. remove competitive, forced esports are a joke
>>
>>385044006
At the same time profit means shit. Crossfire makes more money than overwatch as well, that doesn't make it relevant in the gaming scene today.

Who the fuck cares about CrossFire? Most people never ever heard about this game as well, and yet it makes a billion a year.
>>
>>385036076

Dive is fucking garbage and Doomfist will just exacerbate it. Remove D.VA, un-nerf Roadhog and maybe OW will still have a chance.
>>
>>385036831
its the jump to comp and only basing balance changes on comp that killed it for me. quick play is nice but having to adopt competitive standards of play means you can't just hop on and have a good match maybe once a week
>>
>>385043689
You aren't going to get notified when your report goes through, so it's doubtful that Blizzard actually knows how to do a decent punishment system.
>>
File: Orangutan sipping juice.jpg (52KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
Orangutan sipping juice.jpg
52KB, 640x632px
>>385044178
Don't know or care about pro play in Blizzard games, but from purely anecdotal experience with the various little gaming social circles I'm part of, plenty of people consistently play HotS.

I don't know what your definition of "dead" is, but to me it isn't when you can still consistently find matches with plenty of different people.
>>
>>385044194

Symmetra was part of the launch, numbnuts.
>>
>>385044445
I could be wrong but I heard on a video that they intend to record every match to see what players are throwing or not.
>>
Overwatch needed to churn out more updates and game modes, especially in the summer.

They didn't and now everyone is sick of it.
>>
>>385043929
Random Heroes can be good too.
>>
>>385040457
>>385036960
>>385036869
>>385036529
they had like 90 articles about official teams quitting the league and the league not being competitive and all sorts of shit about how its a failed competitive game, and tigule going on forums to declare no its really competitive u guise plz believe

game is dead, also for high ranking it takes like 10+ minutes to get a match and even just the most basic arcade casual mode takes forever to get a match

its dead on PC might live on consoles, but its fucking dead competitively
>>
>>385044041
Are you...are you saying Ana wuz kangz n shit?
>>
>>385044389
>profit means shit.
>that doesn't make it relevant in the gaming scene today
You must be one of the most retarded posters on this board right now. Crossfire isn't fucking dead and it's relevant as fuck outside of the western hemisphere. Blizzard's games aren't dead either. You either have a nigger-tier IQ or you're delusional.
>>
>>385044807
No, she's literally ethnically Egyptian
>>
>>385044368
>2. remove competitive, forced esports are a joke

this
>>
>>385044715
Except when you get sym or an equally bad character 4 times in a row
>>
I haven't played it because it costs more than TF2.
>>
>>385044869
>outside of the western hemisphere
Thanks for confirming that it wasn't relevant at all :^)
>>
File: 1499314568645.webm (3MB, 439x535px) Image search: [Google]
1499314568645.webm
3MB, 439x535px
>>385044180
Overwatch blew up based off Tracer and Widowmakers ass cheeks, they didn't like that because the developers are all liberals faggots but that's what happened.

Since launch they have done a full 180 away from anything that made the game popular and now see it as a crusade of diversity.

The chances of ever seeing another white male or sexily dressed female character are about zero. Nobody will argue this because they all know the people who work on this games agenda with their work.

They abandoned their audience, which was mostly all horndog men and "toxic" tryhards to pander to the 10 liberals who still play it.
>>
>>385044959
I know, I'm joking.
>>
>>385044807
why is every pol crossposter so retarded? the only indian is sym and she was already part of the roster at launch
>>
People are just worn out. Dive is also annoying as hell.
>>
>>385044748
Decaying since I hit t500 first week because competitive in this game sucks and I don't think I'm ever gonna play it again.

Also quickplay takes 4-7 min queues on average for me and arcade is a few minutes too. This game feels dead.
>>
>No Limits is the most fun gamemode in the game
>Multiple Symmetra can stack shield generators, turning everything to shit
>Instead of fixing Jeff's waifu to make it so that it's how it's intended to be, they assume that no one likes No Limits and just delete it from the game
What the actual fuck is wrong with the Overwatch team?
>>
File: 1499915568335.jpg (99KB, 555x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499915568335.jpg
99KB, 555x1000px
>>385045063
Blah blah blah nobody cares. Post widow butt.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
I..it's not dead. I found a competitive game after 10 minutes of searching. My teammate might have thrown, b..but the game is not dead.
>>
>>385040931

Same, even in quick play or brawl
>>
>>385038679
Big up for realizing the illusions created by consumers.
>>
>>385045008
Yeah who would want to play with Koreans when you could play with super skilled nations such as Russia, or Peru, or Brazil, or Mexico. LOL
Face it cuck, Blizzard's games are cashcows and so is the Asian market. But I guess you can still play relevant western gems, such as Undertale, or Playerunknown, or all those great indie titles. LOL
>>
>>385045063
> I browse /pol/ all day and know literally nothing about video games in general: the post
>>
>>385045236
You realize you can play it in the server browser right?
>>
>Famous streamers are leaving the e-sports scene!
No, they were fired. Thats what happens when you lose a lot and don't bring in enough money through sales and product advertisements.

Your sponsors drop you, so you have no reason to play anymore because no one is gonna pick up someone who just got canned for not being good enough.
>>
>>385045063
>futuristic utopia
>not expecting every race
anon please, It's basic syfi logic.
>>
>>385045063

>THE LIBERAL AGENDA, HELP ME.

kill yourself.
>>
>>385037117
fuck, forgot I had this installed. thanks for reminding me to uninstall this shit.
>>
>>385040571
He released an overwatch video just yesterday, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>385036076
It's nowhere close to dying, but it stopped being fun a long time ago. Blizzard just seems completely incapable of balancing their game on any level and it shows. Map design is shit and it's stifling hero choices, some characters like Dva or Mercy or just not fun to play as or against and actively stifle choices as hard as the maps, people are allowed to throw and troll as they please as long as they're not spewing racist shit over the mic while doing it, and Blizzard clearly doesn't care to change it or they would have done it by now.
>>
Shit tier: overwatch is a perfect game
Retard tier: overwatch is dying/dead
Mid tier: I never played overwatch
Good tier: I just like the porn.
God tier: I can accept the game for its faults and still casually enjoy it. No game is perfect.
>>
literally every time EVERY TIME I see some OW discussion whether it be here or else where its people complaining how shitty the game is yet they still play it, how the fuck did this shit survive so long? is it the events?
>>
Have they added any new gamemodes or maps recently?

That was the dealbreaker for me - playing the same game-modes on the same maps types got incredibly repetitive.

The game could also do with some sort of "deathmatch/last-man-standing" mode to supplement the objective-based stuff. DM/LMS, in general, despite being a simple game-mod, actually feels less repetitive in games, since action can happen in any area of the map, at any time (instead of linearly moving through a map and doing the same shit, as with OW's objective-based modes). I can play hours of Halo, Quake, Doom, Descent in death-match modes on the same maps, but seeing the same mode come up in OW twice in a row just makes me drop the game and play something else.
>>
>>385045720
Elder God tier: realizing video games are for children and distancing yourself from gamer culture in order to maintain your reputation and respect from your peers
>>
Thread full of neogaf commies.
>>
>>385045880
>how the fuck did this shit survive so long?
Blizzdrones
>>
>>385045880
We just like watching bad games slowly burn to death. You would know if you lurked more.
>>
>>385045720
Switch mid and god tier and its perfect
>>
>>385039584
for me, what they did to starcraft 2's story line.
>>
>>385045236
It'll be coming back on Thursday but even then it'll be full of fucking Doomfist
>>
>>385043929
That mode has become a slog to get through. It doesn't have that wow factor anymore

>every round a winston camping on top of the payload with bubble/ult swapping
>Mei either between wall and iceblocking herself
>Ana perpetually sleepdarting anyone outside the shitshow that is the capture point or payload
>>
>>385044991
>get mei, sym, or any other hero i refuse to play
>jump off cliff
>>
>>385037241
The community in TF2 could churn out good maps in a month! I stopped playing when it went F2P but seriously Blizz needs to step up its shit
>>
>>385045906
There's a 4 Map rotation for the games elimination mode (which is deathmatch), and you can play it as 3v3 or 6v6. It's what I play primarily since I can't stand the objective based maps and this is a much more tense and exciting game mode.
>>
>>385045880
I'm not playing it since like winter. And events are not gonna save this game for long.
>>
>>385045147
everybody at that rank plays comp only thats why you have 6-7 min queue for qp

qp tries to match you up with similar sr for some unknown reason

at least i think so
>>
>>385036076
>ever buying into the overmeme
>muh nu-blizzard

lel
>>
>>385045147
You're just too high rank.
There's nobody to fairly match you with.

LoL pros have like 30 minute queue times. That's why every stream says "[insert game here] while in queue"

I feel like people just kind of forget what happens when they play a specific game too much. Of course you're getting bored of overwatch after logging 2000 hours. You should be.

I do agree that I hate dive. It's just a faceroll every match with the same heroes. I also wish they would add heroes faster. And add QP to the arcade rewards pool.

And bring back no limits as a permanent mode. It was the only mode for a long ass time. Now it's just gone.
The only reason I played with friends was to make fun comps in no limits. Now half the fun stacks you could do are gone.

Oh well. I still enjoy the game. But I get why some are fed up with it.
>>
>>385045906
They added the moon map last month, which was cool but I swear to god it never goes on rotation. They have a kind of deathmatch in the arcade called elimination but the maps are smaller, which is take it or leave it I guess. I don't get why the elimination maps aren't thrown in the quick play rotation. QP should literally just be "I wanna play anything that's not comp or the meme arcade modes". Elimination maps in arcade is a waste of a slot, which is also entirely stupid that arcade has a limited number of slots to even begin with.
>>
File: 82d.jpg (66KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
82d.jpg
66KB, 600x593px
>>385045720
>>
>>385036076
The game is meant to be played in very short bursts which is one reason why people are so burnt out on it. Once you've played a couple matches, it's shown you all it has to offer.
>>
>>385044178
the HotS competitive tourneys net more viewers than Overwatch has for the past few months. So if HotS is dead then what is overwatch?
>>
>>385046582
HISTORY WILL FORGET YOU.
>>
>>385037908
Stupid enough the best flanker was/may still be Roadhog. Whats it matter you can hear his chains a mile away? You can hear stealthy ninjas like Genji the same.

Roadhog could just flank, hope to much noisy shit was going on and hook a mercy and kill her.
>>
>>385046582
Jesus this makes me sick.
Why do we even have prisons? Violent prisoners should be experimented on and tortured.
>>
>>385037241
>idealet the post

wew lad are you an affirmative action employee???
>>
It is honestly boring now.
Blizzard have made the game less and less fun by making the mechanics so linear. For example if you shoot a rocket at someone they will have little knockback and some damage, while in other similar games it is different and not the same result all the time. The lack of major updates has made people bored and made some lose intrest, 4 months before anything happens is impressive, but for a company a successful and large as Blizzard you think they would add small little things like the "leaked" custom guns. Also Blizzard's habit to change everything for no reason has upset many people I.E: Roadhog. They have made him so shit because a couple of idiots just run out in the open and expect to win.
I like the game it is the fact that Blizzard doesn't know if their audience is competive croud or casuals
>>
Overwatch is probably the most pointless game ever released. The art direction and character design is not cohesive in any way in addition to being fuck-ugly, the story is random garbage, the gameplay itself is stupid simple and poorly balanced.

This is apparently a fairly minority opinion since the game is popular, but it is literally only popular because its a Blizzard game and "people are playing it." Its like what WoW has going on, its not good anymore but everyone is still playing it so people continue to play it so they have others to play with, and it perpetuates itself.

Overwatch looks and feels like a rip off of itself. You ever play any of the Overwatch clones or seen videos from the Gearbox abortion? Its the same game, with the same feel. Overwatch feels like a cheap, shitty clone of another game that doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>385046501
>>385046338
I never really explored Arcade, so that explains why I haven't seen this DM/elimination mode. It would be nice for it to be in QP - it certainly wouldn't be out of place there. Making DM/elimination mode more prevalent might breathe some life into the game.
>>
>>385046858
Jesus, what are you even complaining about?
Like, I get its cool to go on huge angry rants in overwatch threads but this is pure jargon.
>>
>>385037908
The worst part is that flanking isn't just not viable, it's almost impossible because the maps have one or two alternate routes tops. Most maps are just a big gay chokepoint with one easily defended flank. How the fuck are you supposed to play anything other than the one or two team comps we have? The map isn't built for anything else.
>>
>>385046826
judeo christian values burned into the fabric of the country
>>
File: 1403242895154.png (123KB, 430x403px) Image search: [Google]
1403242895154.png
123KB, 430x403px
>>385047087

>reading comprehension i no have pls explain
>>
>>385036809
having 6 mei's on one team was anti fun so eat a dick faggot.
>>
>>385047087

My rant wasnt angry. And I put down several reason the game is bad, I think maybe you need to learn how to read, laddie.
>>
>>385047235
No, like, this is actual jargon.
>overwatch is the most pointless game ever
Anon, what's a fucking "pointless game"? Games are inherently pointless. You play them for fun.
>durrr overwatch isn't fun
Har har funny.
>>
>>385047381
>>385047447
>>
I like the game but there's just no content. Which is bizarre considering this is probably the most successful game of the decade and they refuse to address bugs, balance issues, and updates.
>>
I'm glad, this game has such a cancerous community.
No one wants to try to win playing quick play and comp is just a bunch raging retards going at each other's throats
>>
>>385047039
I play 3v3 and 6v6 elimination all the time now when I do play. QP is full of retards that stack Widow+Hanzo+Torb all the time because people get mad at those characters in Comp, plus no one EVER plays tanks, and Comp is a frustrating mess.
3v3 and 6v6 elimination also strikes the characters you win with, so there's strategy in picking characters, and teams need to accommodate new characters every round. I love it.
>>
>>385047717
Cool, I'll try it. I have the exact same issues with QP and with comp.
>>
File: 1472809647018.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1472809647018.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>385047447
>>385047539

So you guys are retarded and didnt read past the first sentence.

I understand now, but shouldnt you be in school or something?
>>
>>385047624

>"its just quick play"
>"its just matchmake"
>"its just casual"
>"its just a game"

Coming this summer to a theater near you: Cry of the Shitters
>>
>>385047039
I don't understand why you feel this way, the queue for it is functionally the same as qp, its just one a different part of the play menu.
>>
>>385043248
I hope this is a wake-up call that the dive meta is fucking lame.
>>
>>385047837
>blah blah blah dis game pointless
>blah blah blah dis game bad because reasons
>overwatch looks and feels like a ripoff of itself.

What the fuck does that mean, anon? How can something rip itself off? You're just spit balling arguments and hoping they stick. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>385047817
I think Comp would honestly be better off adapting to the same rule of striking characters each round. Kills off the stale meta by forcing teams to play more than 1 type of team build, and the 1 trick [X] mains who refuse to play other characters.
>>
>>385048276
Holy shit, this!
Why haven't they thought of that before!?
>>
File: DFhac6XXcAEmO1p.jpg (129KB, 1200x616px) Image search: [Google]
DFhac6XXcAEmO1p.jpg
129KB, 1200x616px
kek
>>
>>385046826
The idea for prison is that we need to rehabilitate those who can be rehabilitated, contain those who cannot, and punish anyone who violates the laws.

The problem is that makes no money, and everyone gets all "MUH TAX DOLLARS" about it, which forces situations of overcrowding and for-profit prisons, which basically just exacerbate the problem and turn all criminals into poorly acclimated, unintegratable assholes and psychopaths.
>>
>>385048106
I feel this way about the mentality of people in QP. In an objective-based mode, simply "not giving a shit because it's just QP" really makes the game un-fun for everyone else.
>>
>>385048276
This would be cool.
>>
>>385047364
>he doesnt know how to hit "leave match"
>>
>>385048349
Probably because of retards who whine "I have the right to play WHOEVER I WANT in the game I PAID MONEY FOR". Or Blizz is just retarded or worried about changing it now, take your pick.
>>
>>385048542
who cares about viewers. Players are what count
>>
File: 1500606402570.jpg (18KB, 567x340px) Image search: [Google]
1500606402570.jpg
18KB, 567x340px
>>385036076
>I know a lot of people here don't like Overwatch but is anyone else sad that it's dying?
No, that game barely had me entertained for a month. It's fucking Blizzard too, no one should be surprised that it was a trainwreck. If you are then you either having been paying attention to what happened to Diablo and Starcraft or you are a delusional fucking fanboy
>>
>>385036076
Probably cause the map design is absolute garbage
>>
>It's d-dead because some snobby esports faggots quit the game!

esports were a mistake
>>
>>385048625
I understand that there are circumstances where people really want to rehabilitate and better themselves, but at the same time there are people that are just pure sociopathic animals. They won't learn, they won't try to better themselves, they just want to harm and torture people. Those people deserve the cruelest punishments
And I know this might be an appeal to emotion, but let's say that was your daughter. Would you really be happy knowing that thug who killed her gets to spend a comfy life in prison?
Believe it or not, most criminals don't see jail as a punishment. They make friends, they make gangs, and they sit in a cell all day. That's hardly a punishment for someone who bashes a little girls head in.
>>
File: S.png (39KB, 714x255px) Image search: [Google]
S.png
39KB, 714x255px
>>385048769
Based on my queue times I doubt Overwatch is higher but we'll never know since Blizzard only mentions total accounts.
>>
>>385048769
>who cares about viewers

Blizzard do since they're trying to force their casual FPS into being an esport. Multiple top streamers have talked about quitting the game completely or streaming it a lot less often because it's boring as fuck.
>>
>>385048886
>have certain characters be flankers
>they have to walk through the main gates to get around
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>385048886
CP is the is particularly. It's nothing but fighting on the trucking point, the flow of the maps is terrible

Then you have koth which has the high majority of the map completely irrelevant
>>
File: 65y36373.png (1MB, 1276x714px) Image search: [Google]
65y36373.png
1MB, 1276x714px
>when a console game made by nintendo has better balance and map design then overwatch
it's honestly pathetic
>>385049131
They are so fucking bipolar with their design. They want it to be a competitive esports game yet balance around casual. They want people to watch the tournaments and then make the players have to stare at pic fucking related
>>
>>385049438

What's the problem here? Other than the facecam.
>>
File: 76__by_xwaxwingx-da3snim.jpg (109KB, 1023x746px) Image search: [Google]
76__by_xwaxwingx-da3snim.jpg
109KB, 1023x746px
About a year ago CSGO introduced an update that changed the nature of gun sprays and recoil patterns. When firing any gun you have a set spray pattern. If you just hold down Mouse 1 without influencing your mouse in any way, the bullets will spray the same exact way every time. When the update that added some considerable randomness to the spray was pushed, the entire competitive community was outraged.

The idea behind the update was to change the fundamental nature of the game by making spraying less viable at longer ranges. On paper the idea isn't half bad. High level players will fire long bursts at long ranges because they've mastered the recoil, and there's a good chance one of those 7 or 8 bullets will be a headshot. Competitive players spoke out against the update because it replaced their learned skill with something that was up to chance but more importantly, because the time invested would become somewhat meaningless. this isn't to say that there is no place for chance or luck in games of skill, but players didn't like the idea that they had wasted their time.

Games like Halo 3 and Melee were both competitive and popular without balance updates at all, and both were/are still considered fun to play even if you're not playing competitively. Then you have games like League that are constantly getting fine tuned and adjusted. But unlike all these other games, Overwatch has yet to identify the traits that make it unique and compelling. Its a fun team based shooter, but so what? Overwatch doesn't seem to be about precision or satisfying gunplay or positioning. Ults are cool, but they go off all the time and teamwork often gets subbed out for "whose ults worked the best". When I play CSGO, I can feel a sense of teamwork when we all set up for a round and execute. Even in full 6-man teams with a good leader Overwatch feels like a fucking mess.

Overwatch needs to self-identify what makes it different from any other shooter, and update around that.
>>
File: 1500235175741.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500235175741.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>385049438
>that screen
what were they thinking
>>
>>385049652
>>385049652
the giant weapon blocking 20% of the screen not to mention having the left hand there that does nothing? The terrible white interface that's near unreadable on snow/desert maps? I mean fuck dude look at the red UI in the upper middle
>>
File: winston-preview[1].jpg (87KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
winston-preview[1].jpg
87KB, 700x396px
>>385049983

Nigga that's a cherrypicked frame from a jumping animation
>>
>>385049983
In short: "WAAAH HUD SCARY! ME NO LIKE HUD! CHANGE IT NOW BLIZZARD OR I'LL HAVE A MENTAL BREAKDOWN!"
>>
>>385050042
>so you want to hire torture artists to torture the evil doers?
I'd watch that anime
>>
>>385050042
Yes?
What's the problem with that? One is inflicting punishment and justice while the other took an innocent life.
>>
>>385049438
> using a screenshot from a streamer with facecam, social media links, and donations

End yourself
>>
>>385050127
I didn't take the pic, and your pic is still pretty bad. I mean FUCK what is the FoV?
>>385050192
take your auspie meds
>>
PUB took all their players. Pretty much everyone I know who used to play it is playing that now.
>>
>>385050234
I WILL BE YOUR DEAD MAAAAN
WITH NOTHING BUT THIS BLOOD ON MY HAAANDS
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>385050352

You can adjust fov just as you can in any other game.
>>
File: 57439867936739.png (1MB, 1149x646px) Image search: [Google]
57439867936739.png
1MB, 1149x646px
>>385050345
fine faggot how about this? Default zarya model
>>
File: 1469627845949.png (387KB, 724x590px) Image search: [Google]
1469627845949.png
387KB, 724x590px
>>385050318
you're no better than them! you become the monster!
>>
>>385050352
I'm not the one who gets angry over a HUD
>>
>>385050745
it's a shit HUD, how can you not give a shit about how your HUD?
>>
File: cheeks.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cheeks.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>385036076
My massive folder full of terabytes worth of uncandid pics of widow's ass says otherwise. ;^)
>>
>>385045063
Snowflake is triggered.
>>
There are zero games that are good anymore. The only thing people give a fuck about is PUBG and it's boring as shit.
>>
>>385049091
While that's definitely true, part of what separates us law abiding citizens and society at large is our compassion. All torture would do is provide a cathartic release for our anger.

While some people don't view prison as punishment, it still is. It deprives people of their agency, turns them basically into zoo animals, takes away their ability to do much of anything. They can eat, sleep, read, sure. But they're also in a place where they can no longer affect the real world.

If someone did kill my daughter, then torturing him wouldn't bring my daughter back.
>>
>>385050835
It's fucking fine.
Like, Jesus, this is the biggest non-issue in the world.
>>
It gets dull after a while, especially considering how shit the maps are. Comp is full of autistic freaks and QP is a total clusterfuck. I can't even be bothered to do the 10 comp matches to get Master rank anymore.

>>385050887
Something about Widow's ass in white makes it so much better
>>
File: illegal.jpg (53KB, 960x772px) Image search: [Google]
illegal.jpg
53KB, 960x772px
>>385045063
>>
File: 1471967348887.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471967348887.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>385051086
>>
File: glisttening.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glisttening.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>385051131
That's an excellent angle with great lightning, ol chap! ;^)
>>
>>385051017
But we need a release of our anger. I understand torture wouldn't bring your hypothetical daughter back, but would you really feel comfortable knowing her murderer is running a prison gang and having a good time with his homies?
There's a time and place for compassion, sociopaths don't deserve it. They prey off of our compassion and take advantage of it.
>>
>>385051086
they completely fucked up their ranking system by granting points based on "how well you played your class" which also completely fucks the healers. Not to mention you get winning and losing streaks and the game will try to push you to 50% instead of letting it happen naturally
>>
File: Butthurt.jpg (17KB, 517x402px) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt.jpg
17KB, 517x402px
>>385045063
>>
>>385046035
Your mouth is full of cocks.
>>
>>385048158
>Overwatch feels like a cheap, shitty clone of another game that doesn't actually exist.

Again, its like you didn't read 50% of what I wrote, you just skimmed it. Overwatch has the worst art design of any game I ever seen, at least in recent memory. This may not be a big deal to a lot of people but it is for me, and the gameplay is shit anywho. Again, as I said before, the gameplay is far too simple and poorly balanced. Blizzard can't balance for dogshit.
>>
>>385036076
well no, who cares what other people hate, if you like it, fuck what every one else thinks you insecure fucking homo
>>
>>385051852
You're missing my point, retard.
We get it, you don't like the game, how the fuck can a game be pointless and how the fuck can a game rip itself off? These are oxymorons.
>>
>not playing gigantic
>>
>>385051862
Well no, it does matter. I can't even so much as say "I like overwatch" without getting yelled at.
>>
>>385046438
>making excuses

Boy your opponents have just as much chance to have shitters on their team too. Just Git Gud
>>
File: hold the fuck up.png (345KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.png
345KB, 500x560px
>>385036076
I used to enjoy the game, but after the honey moon phase was finished the game's glaring problems of its shitty map design, restrictive character roles, and anti-fun-pro-competitive balancing.The only thing I'd be sad about if it died is that Reinhardt and Lucio, the only characters in the game I really enjoy in a gameplay and character sense are trapped within a shitty flavor of the year game. Regardless, as of now, Overwatch is nothing more to me than "That game to play when I can't find a good match in TF2."
>>
>>385052687
it's more of a diceroll at lower ratings hoping you don't wind up on the shimada brother team and it just isn't even worth trying to gain rank at lower ratings as a solo quer. Better luck rolling a higher placement number next season and on average queing into a game where players are more likely to build a more balanced team comp
>>
>>385053224
No, you're just an absolute shitter.

I solo queued a friends account from 2000 to 3500 by filling in the role that we needed. If you actually try and evaluate what you're doing and see what you need to improve then you'll win more than you lose and will slowly climb.

Or you could keep blaming it on the same things every other shitter blames their shittyness on and try again next season. I'm sure you SR will be much higher next time :^)
>>
File: 1477499254798.png (132KB, 354x337px) Image search: [Google]
1477499254798.png
132KB, 354x337px
>>385053531
it's not worth the frustration
>>
>>385053798
Stay bad then and don't come into threads blaming it on other shit when it's your own fault.
>>
>>385036076
At first I thought the "Overwatch is dying" meme was a lie, but then I realized that dying just means unplayable. And Overwatch right now is unplayable.

>competitive
try hards who are either throwing, insulting you, disconnecting, maining Hanzo/Widow, don't do team work at all, playing Mercy and other healers but don't heal as they should, switching a hero and then you lose hard.

>qp
oh boy... Let's just say that Widow/Hanzo/Genji are instant locks in EVERY FUCKING GAME. And the player who are playing them are just bad (this means you lose). Also qp chat is just retarded. Expect only things like "I need healing" or "ez" or other insults. QP is unplayable if you want to enjoy the game.

>arcade
Why do you waste your time in arcade?

You could say Overwatch is dying because of the shit tier community. The only thing Overwatch can be good for is playing will a full pre made group, but you can do better things with friends and getting 6 people together for a bunch of hours is as good as impossible.
>>
>>385053224
>>385053798

Stu, I know this is you. You're garbage at everything you do in life.
>>
>>385053920
Fuck off, whether you win or lose a match is rarely decided by your personal play alone
>>
>>385053957
Frustratingly hard =/= unplayable
I never realized how hyperbolic /v/ was until I browsed an overwatch thread
>>
I really tried to like it, but it feels so fucking boring. It's like ARAM in FPS form. Honestly I get why they designed it the way they did, but having hallways where you charge ults is retarded to me.
>>
>>385036076
Not sad at all. Was Grandmaster rank seasons 2 and 3 and stopped playing because the meta was the most boring multiplayer experience i've had in a long time. It stopped being fresh and fun. Came back and played a few games after Orison patch to see if i was just suffering from fatigue. Still felt the same way when i first left.
>>
>>385054160
So how did I get an account from 2000 to 3500 but you somehow can't get out of lower ratings?

How do multiple top 500 players take multiple accounts to top 500 every single season?

I'm not saying I was the sole reason for winning every game that I did but I know that I obviously did enough to ensure I wasn't being a detriment to my team.

Quit making fucking excuses for yourself. Admit you're bad and do something to get better. If you don't care to get better or couldn't be bothered putting in the effort (and I wouldn't blame you because overwatch is shit) then don't talk about it.
>>
>>385054445
>flip a coin
>WTF HOW CAN SOME OUTCOMES BE HEADS IF OTHERS ARE TAILS????
>>
>>385054160
Then why aren't you going pro and making money if you're so good? I mean, everyone is an idiot holding you back, right?
>i-i don't feel like it!
>>
>>385054445
honestly I was just baiting as excuse to shit on the game and only played QP anyways
>>
>>385036076

How many of your friends are still playing /v/?

Started with a group of 12, only me and two more still play.
>>
>>385054727
Screencap this post.
This post sums up every OW thread.
>>
File: IMG_1848.jpg (113KB, 600x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1848.jpg
113KB, 600x820px
I want it to fail so Tigole and his team come back to WoW
>>
>>385054901
OP here.
Started with four. Down to one and he's thinking of quitting to. It's why I got depressed and made the thread.
>>
>>385055026
It's /v/ in a nutshell which is why this place is such a shithole. He's an extra level of retarded too because being bad at the game isn't a fucking valid reason to shit on any game and he also doesn't need to make anything up when overwatch has a ton of problems that is causing people to stop playing.

Critical thought it too much to ask for I guess.
>>
>Every game has to be competitive

Why can't it just be a fun little team based shooter and then naturally develop a competitive scene if people like the game enough to form one? So tired of this fake esports company funded bullshit that Riot started.
>>
>>385037117
NOT MY QUAKE
>>
File: Pharah_Reference.jpg (195KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Pharah_Reference.jpg
195KB, 1600x900px
I just want to say that the more I think about it the more I hate Pharah on how she looks and plays in game.
The first thing I think of when I see it is that it looks sleek and fast. It looks like it traded durability for mobility. All the bulk has been trimmed off and the only things left are the essentials. So I'm willing to pardon things like her health having no armor despite being in a powersuit.

But when you play in game it's a slow, unmaneuverable piece of shit. You just lazily float around. There's nothing like a harsh dive, there's no thrust vectoring, there's no recoil from firing a rocket launcher, there's nothing that I would have actually liked to see from this and it still hurts a year later.
>>
>>385036837

Its actual number of players is unknown. We have no way to accurately gauge the numbers since Blizzard does not allow 3rd party access to that sort of data unlike Valve does with Steam games. All we have to go on is what Blizzard says and you can hardly trust them with that sort of stuff.

Anecdotally though we DO know that the game is crashing and burning in Korean PC bangs. For a moment it came close to beating LoL but in recent months it is plummeting through the rankings and honestly I don't see why Korea would be an exception with this compared to the rest f the world. I know for a fact that all of my RL or online friends who bought the game are now not playing it at all.
>>
>>385055186
or that post is a false flag so you could pretend to win an argument
>>
>>385055243
>that Riot started

Blizzard started this shit when SC2 launched.
>>
>>385049131
>>385048542
wait is this how many people are watching the esports?
>>
File: kys.png (5KB, 593x88px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
5KB, 593x88px
>>385055603
KYS urself my man.
>>
>>385055554
And she can barely actually fly anyway since the maps are so restrictive. Half of them are indoors with low ceilings and the other half that are outside have an incredibly low flight ceiling. On top of that, any sloped surface can't be stood on, you'll just lazily slide off while not recharging your jetpack for some reason. If they're going to add so many things to hamstring her mobility, why is she even in the game?
>>
>>385055554
is this a Pharah reference?
>>
>>385055589
Do you have evidence for...any of this?
>>
>>385055776
based retard
>>
>>385055554
Never played OW but I remember reading a lot of complaints in early threads that all the characters with double jumps, flight, etc felt way too floaty.
>>
File: t1kza56m1vaz.jpg (91KB, 1020x1020px) Image search: [Google]
t1kza56m1vaz.jpg
91KB, 1020x1020px
y-you can always join us lads
we'll even have a zenyatta coming to us by wednesday
>>
File: 1444364435226.png (100KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1444364435226.png
100KB, 625x626px
You people have no idea what a dead game or dying game actually is and its just become a buzzword now. Overwatch is no where near dying and if you think it'll die you're actually retarded. Stop gauging a games population by how many people on twitch are streaming/watching.

If you wan't to see an actual dead game, come and play Reflex Arena with me.
>>
I dont hate it but I got burned out in 3 days
Game is fun but its too simple for something with such good production
They tried to make a game for everyone to enjoy and it ended up too thin
>>
>>385036076
who plays at lowest FOV setting?
>>
>>385038837
>complain about comp players being tryhards
>complain about people not giving a fuck in qp
fuck you cunt
>>
>>385036076

>try competitive after becoming more familiar with the game
>immediately beset by screeching shitbags that lose their shit over every little thing anyone does
>after a while get sick of it and bail to quickplay
>everyone is terrible but nobody yells at anyone else because nobody fucking cares
>actually have fun, even if I'm not winning as much now
>time passes
>competitive starts losing popularity, comp shitters start migrating to quickplay
>every day there are more and more people screeching at each other in voice chat over stupid shit

Competitive was a mistake.
>>
>>385056006
You realize we're talking about the game DYING, right?
Reflex arena will probably have more players than overwatch by 2020. I might even be bold enough to say late 2018.
>>
File: 1465238513360.png (771KB, 1000x919px) Image search: [Google]
1465238513360.png
771KB, 1000x919px
>>385036076
It introduced me to my wife, and it gives me great comfort knowing the game will die before tumblr can force Blizzard to make their shitty Korrasami 2.0 ship canon
>>
>>385056692
>Overwatch is no where near dying
get some education and learn to read you mongoloid
>>
>>385056721
>It introduced me to my wife
>married within a year

Enjoy your divorce.
>>
File: 1474175867482.png (145KB, 271x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474175867482.png
145KB, 271x300px
>>385055889

Evidence of what? If the PC bangs try typing "Overwatch loses popularity in Korea falling below 20% PC-bang market share for the first time since release" into google and see what you find senpai.

If it's about Blizzard's numbers then that's kind of the problem. They say they have 30 million active accounts, but that doesn't equal actual players. And there's no public API available to check how many people at any one time are playing globally unlike for instance any game being played on Steam. If you want to find out Dota and CSGO's numbers you can get a very accurate figure on them and it's readily publically available. With OW who the fuck knows?

And I'll reiterate again; everyone I know who bought the game has stopped playing it. Its Twitch viewer numbers have stagnated too and have no increased. Sure twitch viewership does not equate to player numbers necessarily but if it really did have 30 million players and was supposedly still growing I'd expect it to have more than 17k viewers on a good day. The number of people watching it now is lower than when it released. Other competitive online games like Dota, LoL and CSGO have actually risen in viewer numbers as time has gone by.
>>
>>385036076
>I really like the game
Why do you like a game with skinner box gambling mechanics?
>>
File: 1484341372730.png (552KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1484341372730.png
552KB, 1050x1050px
>>
File: 1478307578189.jpg (260KB, 720x481px) Image search: [Google]
1478307578189.jpg
260KB, 720x481px
I had lots of fun in the time between release and the release of the competitive mode.

Then Season One rolled around. It had its flaws, but was fun.

Then they added Ana. And it fucking snowballed downhill from there.
>>
File: 1484871604713.jpg (73KB, 782x826px) Image search: [Google]
1484871604713.jpg
73KB, 782x826px
>>385056004
I decided to give Paladins a serious chance and I'm enjoying it so far. Nearly all the girls having nice tits is a bonus too.
>>
File: 1485803467962.jpg (14KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1485803467962.jpg
14KB, 252x212px
>>385055554
>play pharah
>hover in the air and get nuked down in half a second from 100 yards away by that 76 or mccree
>counterpick against a pharah
>struggle to land a single shot on her while you have to keep your focus on her while she's in the air and you're getting picked apart by the rest of her team and dancing around to dodge rockets
>>
>Jeff Kaplan is a Winston main
>His wife is a Mercy main
>Kaplan thinks that the Dive Meta is great and that nothing is wrong with it
How is this guy a lead developer again?
>>
>>385057279
thanks qt
>>
>>385037241
And yet every map ends up as the same fucking shit. The reason payload is widely considered the best is because it's the only one where more of the map gets used for something other than your walk back.
>>
>>385056004
I played this every day for like 4 months as soon as the open beta started and then burned out
Been thinking of getting back in. Tell me of these legendary cards shit.
>>
>>385057279
I still have doubts over Hi-Rez. They single handly ruined Tribes Ascend because they thought nerfing the speed was a great idea. I don't trust them enough to think Paladins will be huge
>>
>>385055427
Nigger your probably 12 and don't even know what quake is
>>
File: 1486960325137.jpg (394KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486960325137.jpg
394KB, 1280x1280px
>>385057493
I don't have any kind of expectations for the game but for now it's fun for something casual to just jump into. It's also the first Hi-Rez game I've really played. The deck building seems like a nice mechanic so you can change up your playstyle a little bit which isn't really possible at all in Overwatch.
>>
>>385043248
This decline started pretty suddenly. You could sort of see it happening after Orisa was a dud but interest has really waned since the anniversary event.
>>
>>385036076
Play a better game faggot it's dying for a reason
>>
File: 1475635929580.png (177KB, 440x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475635929580.png
177KB, 440x800px
>>385056216
I play on lowest settings in everything because the laptop I play on is a piece of shit

Besides competitive having a hundred of its own issues, the main reason I don't play comp is I view playing on a choppy potato as being too much of a detriment to myself and my team
>>
>>385057887
The Anniversary event was a shitshow because Blizzard decided to lock the special costumes and emotes behind a paywall, which had such low odds of even getting the event items you'd have to spend well over $50 or more to even get one. That alone made me lose any faith I had left in Overwatch.
>>
>>385057380
The problem isn't the dive meta, but rather it's counters. I shudder at the idea that they might nerf tracer and Winston.
>>
>>385036587
>10million players
>10minutes to find a game

Hmm, really activates the almonds
>>
>>385057887
>say that the event is a thank you for the fans
>no theme for said event
>most expensive event yet
>>
>>385058118
It takes less than a minute for me to find a match
>>
>BUTBUTBUTBUT ALL THESE PROFESSIONAL VIDEO GAMERS AND STREAMERS ARE QUITTING IT

Who gives a flying fuck? This is the natural order of things, traditionally game communities DO begin to teeter off after about a year or so. Those who continue to enjoy it stick around, those who don't just leave, maybe there's a resurgence later on with updates, etc. Etc. This isn't some fucking new phenomena, Twitch was such a fucking mistake.

And as for "Esports" ,absolutely nobody should give a fuck except those with money invested in it. Sports in general are nothing but a massive marketing campaign, if you enjoy watching it then whatever, but it should never be considered indicative of anything more than what it is.
>>
>>385058147
You forgot the worst part
>easily the shittiest skins of any event
There wasn't a single skin I was interested in for the anniversary. They were all trash.
>>
>>385057887
>After Orisa was a dud
That's actually when me and most of my friends stopped is after her debut.
>>
>>385058086
The problem is this "meta" bullshit. Blizzard creates a super stale game every time they update it. It's fucking boring being locked into the same 6/7 heroes every single patch and there's always going to be 2/3 that are boring as fuck to play.

There's very few mechanics to actually master so games often come down to teamplay which is just a case of who uses their abilities/ults first. Everything is super one dimensional. Blizzard don't give a fuck either since they're trying to push their league which costs 20M to get into.
>>
>>385058445
I think people are just used to things like WoW and LoL now where they get incredibly huge and then just kinda slowly wane off in numbers over years and years til it's a shambling corpse of the game it used to be. I'm all for the esports faggotry to leave this game.
>>
>>385057887
>interest has really waned since the anniversary event
Because no matter what people keep parroting, cosmetics DO matter to people and a realisation how fucking annoying rng lock boxes are swept over the masses when they put hours into playing the same game most people don't play for hours on end in hopes of getting the skins without having to buy into a scam just to get fucking nothing for their time.

Once that slap in the face hits it's pretty tough to then put up with the current state of balance where so many of the cast aren't even fun to play and even more are totally unviable in the comp line up.
>>
>>385058834
>I'm all for the esports faggotry to leave this game.

It's blizzard that is forcing the esports stuff onto the game. It isn't going anywhere.
>>
>Overwatch
>Dying

[Statistics needed]
>>
>>385058550
Did anyone actually see the tournament that was going on? I have to imagine people there must have fallen asleep
>>
>>385059002
Pros and teams are dropping the game en masse. Blizzard can lead horses to water but they can't make them drink.
>>
>>385058147
Can't forget

>lock everything behind a paywall
>>
>>385036649
Well worded
>>
Ebin trolling OP. OW is gonna last for a decade
>>
>>385059124
>>385056932
>>
>>385059231
There's always going to be players and teams around to support it just because it's Blizzard and they want to keep their tongues in their asses for future games.

They managed to find 7 teams willing to pay the 20 million fee to get into overwatch league. They're not going to stop just because a bunch of other teams didn't pay up.

Someone from blizzard told one of the potential team investors that overwatch league would "be bigger than the NFL".

They're clueless.
>>
>>385059231
Bobby Kotick is getting his billionaire buddies to invest in OWL so he control the market for it, He literally thinks its going to rival the MLB, NFL and NBA in terms of popularity. Oh yeah the MLB is actually planning to sue Blizzard over the OWL logo since it looks way too similar to theirs
>>
>>385059562
>They managed to find 7 teams willing to pay the 20 million fee to get into overwatch league. They're not going to stop just because a bunch of other teams didn't pay up.
Kotick is literally going to end up crashing Activision Blizzard into the ground soon. They're lucky their stocks are still pretty high, but the investors on Wall Street are too stupid and ignorant of video games to see when something is about to blow up
>>
>>385058861
Cosmetics don't fucking matter. Explain how they matter.
>>
>>385059002
One of the few bright anons on /v/ pointed out in one thread that the most likely reason why their bullshit E-sports is failing is because they forced it, and before it blew up, E-sports was generally grown organically and fostered by the communities themselves at first. So to attempt to dip your corporate fingers in that puss and try to force that shit to happen, it makes it a much harder pill to swallow for people.
>>
>>385059845
They don't affect gameplay no but they obviously do matter to people to some degree to cause such a huge upset during the event.
>>
File: 1434496870932.png (60KB, 221x205px) Image search: [Google]
1434496870932.png
60KB, 221x205px
>>385059562
>the 20 million fee to get into overwatch league
Wait WHAT? They thought a bunch of pro gaming teams had that kinda money laying around just to get into the fucking league? What's the return investment? That they get to compete for a chance at like a million tops at the finals?
>>
>>385059231
the horses know that it's ocean water
>>
File: 1499499045625.gif (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499499045625.gif
15KB, 250x250px
>>385036649
>>
File: tumblr_lsewo6dfMS1qjhlhko1_500.png (308KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsewo6dfMS1qjhlhko1_500.png
308KB, 500x375px
>>385049774

Just want to say unsarcastically this is a quality post and keep up the good work
>>
>>385059925
Partly that but mostly because the game is a fucking mess to watch from a spectators point of view and it lacks the mechanical depth to keep it running years from now.

Say what you want about games like Dota or CS but they've got all these little nuances and individual mechanical skills to learn that keeps people coming back year after year.
>>
>>385060023
>What's the return investment?

You wanna know the best thing. The original contracts weren't allowing any revenue sharing for the teams for the first FOUR YEARS. They changed it after teams refused to sign up.
>>
File: 1465340275120.png (452KB, 422x567px) Image search: [Google]
1465340275120.png
452KB, 422x567px
>>385060023
They want traditional sports money so they're trying to get billionaires and huge corporations to buy the spots. Blizzard's whole idea is that city based teams will allow for 5-10k seat stadiums to be built and the owners will get revenue from that and whatever other revenue streams exist for the leauge. According to reports they were having a hard time finding people to invest because of the dumb fucking terms Blizzard was pushing. So far they've got 7 spots filled and are aiming for 12 when the league starts in December. One problem is they only have two teams for the entire Asian market so far and the Korean spot wasn't even taken by a Korean organization and the Chinese spot was bought by the company that handles Overwatch in China.

>However, following the $20 million buy-in, teams are not guaranteed revenue sharing until after 2021 and only if Blizzard meets certain criteria that sources did not disclose to ESPN. Additionally, sources said if a team sells its spot to another party, the league would receive 25 percent of the proceeds.
>>
File: overwatchass.jpg (3MB, 5760x1080px) Image search: [Google]
overwatchass.jpg
3MB, 5760x1080px
>nu-blizzard sucks
>wafuis and shit gameplay
>only half the characters are viable and if you pick anyone else team rages at you
>still play a match as character I want
>do good but team mates complain to switch most of the time so they throw hard

This is worse than the LoL community. How can we fix this. I just want to play defensive characters sometimes and I can't? what the fuck
>>
File: 5-Star Post.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5-Star Post.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>385049774
This is true. OW tries to be a lot of things but ultimately it doesn't feel like it does any of them right.
>>
>>385060496
No idea why anyone thought it was a good idea to have more than 2 characters taht fulfill the same role. This is the kind of shit that you get as a result. Even 2 of the same role is pushing it, so shit.
>>
>>385060391
That's dangerously stupid. Who the actual fuck is going to throw down $20mil on a game that's a year old and has no scene on its own? A company can't make an e-sports scene, even Riot had to build up what was already forming naturally.
>>
File: 1469049090912.gif (986KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469049090912.gif
986KB, 400x300px
>>385059562
>7 teams to pay the 20 million fee to get into overwatch league
>20 million fee
>a 20 million fee to play overwatch esports
Excuse me?
A team of 6 would need to cough up 3.33 million dollars per person. An average person getting 6 figures in a yearly salary a year can't afford that shit after 10 years. And 7 esports teams somehow managed to get all of this? What the fuck? Did they all take out multiple mortgages?
>>
>>385060728
Are you actually retarded?
>>
File: 1476307479294.jpg (22KB, 550x459px) Image search: [Google]
1476307479294.jpg
22KB, 550x459px
>>385061148
see
>>385061148
Two of the people that purchased spots own professional sports teams and are billionaires.
>>
I loved it, but I stopped playing when all the e-sports fags started coming in and turning each match into a toxic shit hole. I started season 5 but after doing placements I realised I just wasn't having fun anymore.
>>
>>385061148
>And 7 esports teams somehow managed to get all of this?

Here's the teams and the investors:

Boston: Patriots Chairman/CEO Robert Kraft
New York: Mets COO and Sterling VC co-founder Jeff Wilpon
Los Angeles: Noah Winston, CEO of Immortals, whose backers include AEG, Grizzlies owner Stephen Kaplan and Lionsgate
Miami-Orlando: Ben Spoont, CEO/co-founder of Misfits Gaming, backed by the Miami Heat
San Francisco: Andy Miller, chairman/founder of NRG ESports and a minority shareholder in the Sacramento Kings
Shanghai: NetEase Inc., the distributor of Overwatch in China
Seoul: Kevin Chou, co-founder and former CEO of mobile game developer Kabam
>>
>>385061409
But why? What's in it for them?
>>
>>385061767
They're hoping to invest in something that will potentially blow up and give them a return.(spoilers: it won't).
>>
>>385036076
>I really like the game but it's pretty obvious why everyone is abandoning it.
I don't have the game, so can someone tell me why they're abandoning it?
>>
>>385061961

MOBA faggots coming in and ruining the community
>>
>>385062065
>MOBA faggots coming in and ruining the community
Wait, what? Are they being elitist pricks or something?
>>
>>385061961
Basically a mix of
>blizzard is slow as shit/unwilling to actually balance game
>maps suck
>updates take too long
>trolling isn't punished nearly enough
>>
>>385061409
How long before we start seeing these teams play
>>
>>385062303
Apparently they're aiming for December.
>>
>>385061409
Kinda surprised Mark Cuban and KISS haven't jumped in yet. Then again Cuban's actually smart about business.
>>
>>385037421
But the game is not fun and it's 100% dying.... :/
>>
>>385037241
yeah im sure four months to cram numbani's dick into hanamura's ass is reasonable
>>
>>385062249

Just spitting venom at everyone. They're no fun to play with because they have a tantrum when someone doesn't choose the 'optimal' meta and will end up throwing the game because of it
>>
>>385037317
The player base is dwindling to nothing, that's what it means when a game is dying you cuck. This game was fun for about a week and then I dropped it, it's just not fun at all bud.
>>
>>385062249
Don't listen to that retard. Anyone that unironically says "MOBA" can be ignored.

The game is super stale, that's all.
>>
>diversity pandering games are popul-
Suck shit blizzard you deserved this.
>>
>>385036076
Calm down. It's summertime and all the "cool kids" have jumped in the pool.
>>
>>385036529
I don't know the actual numbers, but from my personal experience, everyone I used to play this game with, plus myself, no longer plays it. If it really is dying I feel kind of disappointed but at the same time I got bored with it a few months ago so I don't really care.
>>
>>385062498
Can't you report then if they're deliberately throwing the game, like in LOL/DOTA?

>>385062612
>The game is super stale, that's all.
I see.
>>
>>385061409
No wonder the game panders to niggers and chinks. Nauseating. Blizzards just a foreign shell company for cucks
>>
>>385062612

Is MOBA not the genre for LoL and Dota 2?
>>
File: 1402520442735.png (173KB, 450x393px) Image search: [Google]
1402520442735.png
173KB, 450x393px
>>385036076
Nobody likes playing as a bunch of blacks and browns. It's just a fact of life

Black dolls are cheaper and less popular than other dolls, property values drop proportionately to the number of blacks in the neighbourhood. Video game developers need to learn the same lesson.

Also they failed to add enough actual content, all we got was temporary hatfests.
>>
>>385055554
Press 'E' bro.

Pharah will never have Quake level movement, and Blizz will never give her a movement buff because every idiot in Diamond and below will begin to cry - but I think Pharah has a decent amount of movement options.

She's also my waifu :3
>>
File: 1494250312363.jpg (704KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1494250312363.jpg
704KB, 2480x3508px
>>385062882
>>
>>385038087
That's not a new thing. The biggest soccer club in France has a video game team as do American basketball teams, Australian rules football teams and English soccer teams
>>
>>385062852
They are even hiring hack black comic scribblers now.
They really are going all out on this shit.
>>
>>385045063
>that post
>that butthurt
>that reddit spacing
>>
>>385062818
MOBA is a term Riot made up in an attempt to drown out the term "dota clone" which is what league was called when it first came out. MOBA doesn't describe anything specific, thousands of games are MOBAs. That's what it's a retarded term.
>>
>>385036076
I don't know if its dying, buts it constantly takes me like 3 minutes to find a match. Sometimes I'll get lucky, but usually I just watch youtube or something while I'm waiting. Then I get dumped into a match and lose before I can choose a hero, see someone say 'Lucky you, backfill XP', and get booted back to matchmaking where I join another game where people insta-lock Widow & Hanzo.

Add that to the insane healing rates and damage mitigation that force me to play Winston or Junkrat if the other team is trying at all and it makes me not even want to play. Then there's the loot box bullshit for the final touch.
>>
>>385063320
That anon is 100% right though, instead of releasing more cool mech heroes or sexy females they decided to throw everything that made the game popular for some dumb agenda.
>>
>>385063607
>orisa isnt a mech
>sombra and ana aren't sexy
He's also still a redditor
>>
>>385062882
More like they can't touch Pharah's survivability because of Mercy. If Mercy couldn't fly around with her they'd have tons of freedom to play with Pharah's mechanics.
>>
>>385063834
Orisa is a robot you tumblr mongrel. Anas an old lady and Sombra is wearing a coat
>>
>>385063607
So in other words you are stupid faggot that smells.
>>
>>385063834
>doesn't know the difference between robot and mecha
You have to go back
>>
>>385063607
>for some dumb agenda

Do you seriously think Blizzard suddenly changed their whole development plan, character designs and timelines just because they thought "being inclusive will get us more sales"? All of these characters were in development in some form long before the game came out. The whole plot of the game is heroes and villains from around the world. Turns out there's a lot of different ethnicities in the world.

It's fucking mind blowing how stupid people can be.
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>385045063

giv me big tity elf gf pls
>>
>>385064064
Yes they have even leaked emails confirm they are doing this.
They went from anime inspired scifi to progressive pandering.
They started with Tracer then released 4 heroes all which are themed around being brown. They are hiring artists based on their race too.
>>
>>385045336
>>385045480
>>385050937
>>385051116
>>385051696
>>385063320
When did /v/ become so far left that posts complaining about minority pandering trigger them like this?

>>385045248
>Blah blah blah nobody cares.
You clearly cared enough to make to make that post in the first place.
>>
>>385064287
>Yes they have even leaked emails confirm they are doing this.
Source on this?
>>
>>385064064
The agenda is clear as day anon. You are gas lighting and people aren't buying it.
>>
>>385064287

source? this scares me
>>
>>385064172

based giv poster
>>
>>385064287
>Yes they have even leaked emails confirm they are doing this.

Cool, maybe I'm wrong then. I'm sure you've got these leaked emails from a reputable source, right?
>>
>We fell for the blizzard meme
Really we only have ourselves to blame for buying jeffy's game
>>
>>385064396
It was posted in /owg/ some "black woman" wrote a long demanding email to Jeff Kaplan
Jeff replied with sickly groveling email just as long detailing the future of OW to be pure sjw pandering.
>>
File: 1477126160281.webm (2MB, 596x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477126160281.webm
2MB, 596x960px
>3 people quit the game

OMG THE GAME IS DYING
>>
>>385037673
Lmao too bad about your little group of fuccbois. I regularly run into new people at work and uni who both play and love the game. I'm talking of 25+ people at work alone.
>>
>>385064538
>It was posted in /owg/

Right.

Can you find this smoking gun of an email for me?
>>
>>385064686
No, you find it, google it you lazy asshole.
>>
>>385064371
When did retards get so butthurt that they felt the need to quote every post that thinks they're retarded? A good chunk of those don't even mention politics you pearl clutching faggot.
>>
even quickplay is complete horse shit with the same 3 characters chosen everytime : hanzo, genji, widow. dead game. I played 2 quickplay games and fucking am wondering why i even bought the damn game.
>>
>>385064748
You've said that something exists to prove your statement correct. The onus is on you to provide the evidence.

This is the problem with all this shit. Morons like you see some random piece of information, on an fucking /vg/ general of all places, you instantly believe it without any further proof and then go on to spout it elsewhere.

Forget about trying to win an argument or any stupid shit like that, I'm just asking you to back your statement up.
>>
>>385040038
Lmao this is some kindergarten playground level bullshitting
>>
Man I just wanted another fun timesink when Valve started to ignore TF2. I thought it would be Overwatch but turns out it was Siege instead.
>>
>>385062561
>i'll just pull some lies out of my ass and post them on the internet lol

0/10 faggot. kys asap.
>>
>>385064371
Even in your butthurt you are retarded
>>
>add modding
>add map editor
>add server scripting

now we have ourselves a tf2 killer
>>
>>385064404
Or maybe you are just stupid
>>
>>385065162

Like Blizzard would allow fun.
>>
>>385064396
>>385064417
>>385064472
His ass.
>>
File: 1429984061181.jpg (59KB, 535x432px) Image search: [Google]
1429984061181.jpg
59KB, 535x432px
>>385045063

>see THICC elf being showered with c(you)m
>nice, the sauce is already provided
>just a bunch of autistic cucks screaming /pol/ or whatever

HIT ME WITH THE JUICY SOURCE, FAMMIE.
>>
>>385065319
Stop being a moron first.
>>
>>385065007
DPSstanky is who he's probably talking about.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq286o

Other popular streamers like Moonmoon, timthetatman and pro players like surefour and Taimou have been saying that they're running out of patience with the game and are unsure of its future. Taimou wen't on a huge rant on twitter talking shit about the game and then deleted them all so I don't know what's going on with him.
>>
>>385044748
nice, good news of the day.
>>
>>385065315
Obviously he's talking shit. The idea that they scrapped all their designs and redid them to be inclusive is retarded on its own but its even more retarded when you take into account that they would have had 8 months to concept, design, develop and deploy 3 new heroes each with their own backstory and animated shorts.
>>
File: Seal Massage.webm (3MB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
Seal Massage.webm
3MB, 550x308px
>>385045063
Only the competitive scene is 'dead', there's still plenty of people playing the game.

The comp scene isn't taking off in terms of viewership numbers because it isn't that fun to watch and it's actually hard to astroturf an esports scene. The Dota 2, BW: SC, LoL markets all developed organically from existing fanbases - OW never really had a base other than casuals who used to play TF2.

These casuals don't give a fuck about some guy named 'seagull' getting a quad kill.

Also, it's a good thing they are striking a balance between characters. Whites are a genetic failure and only degenerate into cum rags for other races.
>>
I finally got my golden zen orbs and I just don't give a crap anymore, at least for comp.

I was 25 points from plat when the season ended and I haven't even bothered placing because the fuck is the point if every couple months blizz is gonna blow out my knees when i try to get walking again?

I am looking forward to doomfist a bit, but it's not hugely exciting or anything
>>
>>385065631
>Also, it's a good thing they are striking a balance between characters. Whites are a genetic failure and only degenerate into cum rags for other races.

Work on your falseflagging skills, pal.
>>
>>385065419

the implicit ideia that i didn't express properly (too angry with the homosexuality) is that given the amount of (you)s, surely you'd think there would be a heterosexual poster asking for source and had it provided to him, but nope, just faggotposting.
>>
File: 1.jpg (251KB, 1280x1761px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
251KB, 1280x1761px
>>385064538
This one? Thought it was a fake but Doomfist was announced not long after.
>>
File: 1374600592262.jpg (30KB, 355x342px) Image search: [Google]
1374600592262.jpg
30KB, 355x342px
>>385065829
>>
>>385065162
Blizzard is never going to repeat the mistake they made with WC3 and Dota. They'll never let someone else make the next big thing using their own tech and sweep it out from under them before they can do anything.
>>
>>385065989
Found it too
http://ineeddivgms.info/post/162589466692/so-i-wrote-a-letter-to-jeff-kaplan-and-today-in
>tumblr is called i need diverse games
GG
>>
>>385036649
18 or older etc etc
>>
>>385037040
Post hand
>>
>>385066218
>we have multiple black characters in development
Cool was getting worried
>>
>>385066218
white guilt is so fucking retarded. who gives a shit what your faggot ass ancestors did ages ago? why do they feel compelled to feel bad for it? get the fuck over it
t. central american
>>
>>385064784
>>385065115
Those posts I quoted in >>385064371 serve no purpose other than to delegitimize >>385065319 (i.e. they're shitposters). What purpose would they have to do that if they didn't have anything to gain from doing so? I was merely calling them out.

At least a post like >>385065631 actually sought to address the meat of >>385065319s post, and only saved the insults for the last paragraph. People should follow that poster's example when replying to posts they don't like.
>>
>>385066218
>http://ineeddivgms.info/post/162589466692/so-i-wrote-a-letter-to-jeff-kaplan-and-today-in

The letter was from a month ago so Sombra, Orisa & Ana were already out and had probably been in the works long before that. So much for this letter totally changing their development plans.
>>
File: 1465874730775.jpg (40KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
1465874730775.jpg
40KB, 298x292px
>>385063320
>reddit spacing
>>
>>385064953
>>385065191
>>385065617
Um sjw babs>>385066218
>>
>>385066671
Whoops, I meant to quote >>385045063, not >>385066671.
>>
>>385066632
except the US fucked up a lot of Latin American countries not that long ago. But yeah, I agree with you.
>>
File: 1385352659904.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1385352659904.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>385066671
>>
>>385066772
No one said the letter changed their plans you moron cuck. They said it spells out their thinkng and plans for the future. It does explicitly.
>>
>>385066847
>Reading is too hard for me.
>>
I do enjoy Overwatch and I think most of you are babies

>baww I need a break from a game I quit FOREVER AND EVER

That being said, if they banned hanzo mains and throwers the game instantly gets 100% better
>>
>>385066671
>caring this much about shitposts

What is the fucking point, my man
>>
>>385059198
The only time it got entertaining is when they shook up some of the hero choices. Seeing the same 6 heroes is fucking boring.
>>
>>385067260
To get people thinking, and to hopefully decrease shitposts going forward.
>>
>>385067025

>>385064538
>detailing the future of OW to be pure sjw pandering.

But how does the letter do that when heroes like Sombra, Orisa & Ana came out long before the letter? That means various ethnicities being in the game was the plan from the start.

How is any of this pandering?
>>
>>385067376
>To get people thinking, and to hopefully decrease shitposts going forward.

You're on the wrong board.
Wrong site, even.
>>
>>385067395
>how does the letter do that
You're low iq. Seriously stfu.
>>
MODS = FAGGOTS
>>
>>385067638
>stfu

What year am I in, holy shit
>>
File: 1500763061378.png (247KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500763061378.png
247KB, 700x600px
My evidence is purely anecdotal, but everyone I know that used to play, including myself, have barely touched the game since Orisa released.
>>
This fucking Gigantic shilling is insane
>>
>>385067638
Are lizard people real?
>>
>>385068123
Enjoy your 20 minute queue game prog
>>
>>385038553
Reduce their scrapgun damage
>>
>>385046251
>>Ana perpetually sleepdarting anyone outside the shitshow that is the capture point or payload
>and calling other teammates to teabag the poor soul that cannot wake up
>>
File: 138.gif (68KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
138.gif
68KB, 300x100px
>>385037908
TF2 is just the better game all around, at the end of the day
It saddens me seeing anons playing a worse game they don't really enjoy but are addicted to
>>
File: LIGHT OF THE NEVER NEVER V2.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHT OF THE NEVER NEVER V2.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>385067790
My friends tried really hard to get me to keep playing after the beta, and I was like "nah, shit's boring, you guys won't last anywhere near as long as you did in TF2, I'm not gonna drop 60 bucks on this"

Three months later I asked them "still playing Overwatch?" and I got a "Nah man, you were right"
>>
File: leggo death.jpg (208KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
leggo death.jpg
208KB, 1200x801px
>You will never play release soldier again
>>
>>385065319
I think it's the side scrolling moba made by Nexon, I forgot the name though.
>>
>>385060391

eSports will never become as large as real Sports because of simple demographics.

Outside of tweens and kiddies. Nobody gives a shit about eSports.

The demographics who have the capital have interests beyond silly computer gayming.
>>
File: 1493615188852.png (22KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493615188852.png
22KB, 800x800px
>Free Overwatch with more characters gets bigger
>Normal Overwatch dying.
>>
am i the only one still playing and not bored of it yet??
it seems like you guys have extremely low attention span.
the only complain i have is blizzard not nerfing fucking pharmercy combo.
>>
Game nailed the coffin with the roadhog nerf and Jeff saying the game is balanced. Lmao
>>
>>385069113
>-1000 players
>-6000 peak players
Not

>>385069439
I was a roadhog main, so pissed at that. Hog countered the fuck out of mindless dive and they nerf him
>>
>>385036076
No.
I feel roughly the same about it as I feel about league, except the good characters are being put in a game I enjoy.
That said, it really isn't dying. Esports are always a meme, and it's not only on consoles, but incredibly popular with casuals, you know, the people that will actually drop money on things.
>>
>>385038774
Yeah, but it's still getting 8 operators total. They're just giving us 3 for each remaining season this year.
>>
>>385069107
I would be careful about saying something like that. The past is full of times when someone said such and such is never be big thing and turned out to be really wrong.
>>
>>385069107
Demographics change over time. Sports subscriptions are declining, which is why you're seeing multiple sports teams pick up esports teams and sports teams owners investing in esports. Esports had a revenue of $1B last year.

I'm not saying it's ever going to be as big but what you're saying is super short-sighted.
>>
>>385069439
the thing about nerfing is
they never consider the interactions between said nerfed hero and other heroes.
dva got an indirect buff because roadhog couldn't hook her over and 1 shot half her health away anymore.
>>
>>385069439
>kaplan says he wants the meta to involve on its own and the game is balanced
>days later grav gets buffed so tracer and genji can't escape
>flashbang now greatly reduces hero momentum

Kinda funny
>>
>>385069090

Thanks, lad. It's way more tame than i was expecting, and she is the only top tier girl on the game, feels bad.
>>
>>385046424
Yes, it does try, but it's much more lenient. I typically place around mid-plat and I constantly see GM players in my games. It has to throw them somewhere, I guess.
>>
>>385069594
Same, ruined the pigs identity as well, at masters he was basically a glass canon but now hes a shitty duelist. Fuck I was livid avout that, 300 hours down the drain
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.