[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this is going to be the literally GOTY 2017 and the Paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: west of loathing.png (74KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
west of loathing.png
74KB, 512x512px
>tfw this is going to be the literally GOTY 2017 and the Paper Mario 3 we never got
>>
Is this just KoL but in a different setting? Because I'm like 8 years past the point where I would be willing to play a browser RPG.
>>
>>385035097
No, gameplay's different. They've compared it to Skyrim meets Paper Mario. It's not even a browser game.
>>
File: pepette.png (18KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepette.png
18KB, 640x640px
>>385035523
> They've compared it to Skyrim meets Paper Mario.

Why don't you throw in "like dark souls but" as well for good measure?
>>
>>385036050
it's like dark souls, but also skyrim with guns
>>
>>385034620
Please stop shilling your game OP.
>>
>>385035097

It's singleplayer.
>>
File: loss.png (17KB, 401x397px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
17KB, 401x397px
>>385036159

Now call it a rogue-lite you filthy whore.
>>
>>385034620
Jick ain't dead? Can you do a chargeback for an assassin?
>>
>>385034620
>Started playing KoL in 05
>Stopped caring in 07, but somehow keep playing until 09 or so
>Still mod the lower half of the forums

I have more nostalgia for the game than I should have. Got me through university and I met some cool people on the forums
>>
Do you still get b& from the forums for bringing up that time one of the players tried to murder and eat someone irl?
>>
>>385036389
Yeah but the assassin will kill you instead
>>
>>385036528
I've been on the forums for ages. Same for modding RR. Can't remember this. Green text it please
>>
Is this the innovative, emergent retro nostalgic indie rogue-like rogue-lite hack and slash Dark Souls of Earthbound?
>>
File: merchant geometry.png (4KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
merchant geometry.png
4KB, 368x376px
>>385036591
As long as I've not lost money on it.
>>
>>385036349
itl?
>>
>>385036737
Even better, it's a metroidvania
>>
Huh.
thanks for bringin this to my attention.
>>
I literally started playing KOL again a few days ago so cool
>>
>>385034620
Holy shit that's a blast from the past.
>>
>get off school
>Do some ascending on lol
>Gathering all the cooking/drinking skills
>Hardcore runs for farming gear
>Log into RuneScape after
>>
File: 060415_bolin_vsml_7p.grid-4x2.jpg (16KB, 308x443px) Image search: [Google]
060415_bolin_vsml_7p.grid-4x2.jpg
16KB, 308x443px
>>385036694
http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119967
most the news sites they link to see to be down but there are still a few left and the thread is still up.
>The man accused of killing a 10-year-old neighbor girl for an elaborate plan to eat human flesh joked about cannibalism on his online diary, discussed the effects of not taking his anti-depression medication and mentioned “dangerously weird” fantasies.

>The 26-year-old grocery store stocker was arrested Friday. Investigators searched his apartment after he aroused their suspicions at a checkpoint, and found a large plastic tub in a bedroom closet. According to a police affidavit, he confessed that he killed Jamie Rose Bolin, telling FBI agents: “Go ahead and arrest me. She is in there. I chopped her up.”

>Jamie’s unclothed body was inside the tub, along with a towel used to soak up blood, officials said. Police said that, while there were deep saw marks on the girl’s neck, she had not been dismembered.

>He wrote that he rarely left his apartment for long stretches, except to go to work and to buy food. “I just sit here at the computer every minute of the day, when I’m not at work. A week or so ago, I spent my day off sitting here at the computer, barely moving from the chair, for 14 hours.”

>He said one of his main interests was the online role-playing game “Kingdom of Loathing,” in which stick figures battle one another.

>In September 2004, he wrote that his depression deepened after several months without taking the medication Lexapro, an antidepressant also used in the treatment of anxiety disorders.

>“For example, my fantasies are just getting weirder and weirder. Dangerously weird,” he wrote. “If people knew the kinds of things I think about anymore, I’d probably be locked away. No probably about it, I know I would be.”
>>
>>385037998
What was his favorite class
>>
>>385037998
Damn, I don't remember this at all. Pretty sad and fucked up
>>
>>385037076
You mean a castlemania?
>>
>>385038329
Sauceror
>>
>>385039161
What an inferior faggot. Second only to Accordion Thief mains
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.