[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Splatoon 2 has made me really nostalgic for Devil's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Devil's Third.jpg (18KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
Devil's Third.jpg
18KB, 188x269px
Playing Splatoon 2 has made me really nostalgic for Devil's Third Online. Seriously, this shit was the best online you never played.
>>
>>385032910
How's the game? I know it has shit reviews but how did you like it?
>>
>>385032910
wasn't there a pc port of just the multiplayer?
>>
It has a good single player too. Not $60 good but it's better than half of the TPS shit that exist.
>>
>>385033149
There was only in Japan, hosted by Nexon, but they shut it down last year
>>
>>385033149
Yes it already shut down
>>
>>385033409
>>385033349
damn what a shame.
>>
>>385033049
Not OP, but I really liked it. It's a decent hack n' slash, and it has a lot of cool sequences. The shooting mechanics are pretty fun, and mix things up pretty well, but there are sequences where too much shooting makes it obvious how much weaker it is than real shooting games. Overall I would give it an 8/10.
>>
>>385033049
I genuinely preferred it to Splatoon while the online was active. Seriously, the game really put a fresh twist on military themed shooters.

The single player is fine, despite what '''''criitics''''' would have you believe, but the real magic was in the multiplayer.
>>
>>385033349
Truly the master race
>>
I think a lot of the complaints about the game came from people trying to play it like a shooter with melee, rather than trying to play it like a hack n' slash with shooting.
>>
>>385033919
It was just game journos being retarded as always.

I seem to recall that none of them actually played the online modes.
>>
>>385032910
https://youtu.be/QW_vCZC5bJQ
Jesus Christ this looks fun as shit. Too bad the shit review made me completely disregard the game and it's dead now. Worldwide release when?
>>
>>385034419
The shit reviews really killed this game for most people, I think.

But yes, it was really fun.
>>
Should have hold it off for unreal 4 instead of using 3 the engine has been showing age. Being on the switch would be nice due to wireless battles. I love the multiplayer a lot. And the story was good in a cheesy way
>>
>>385034603
https://youtu.be/meHT7iqUtwo
Goddamnit now I feel like shit for missing out on this. Any games that play similar? I like the idea of combining the hack and slash genre with tps. Warframe kinda does this but grinding is shit.
>>
>>385032910
Is that Mr Clean?
>>
>>385032910
They should've released a F2P version of the multiplayer for the PS4, instead of PC. Or just not release it for the Wii U, at all. Was this a paid exclusive by Nintendo?
>>
poor cody
>>
>>385035946
Better yet a fucking worldwide PC release instead of Japan only as if nips even play shooters.
>>
>>385035687
Seriously, the way in which this game melded melee combat and shooting mechanics was insane. Jumping off of buildings to slash at someone was the coolest feeling in the world.

I hope Itagaki can make a sequel.
>>
Are you people high that game was awful
>>
File: primekino.png (411KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
primekino.png
411KB, 500x451px
is it one of those "Single-Player is shit, Multiplayer is great" games?

cause Hunters was pure kino
>>
>>385033808
I never managed to play the online, it was dead by the time I got it, but the SP was good fun.
>>
>>385037017
Nah. The single player is pretty fun in it's own right, especially the boss fights

But the multiplayer is pretty great. I never played Hunters myself, but it does seem like the same kind of quality difference.
>>
>>385032910
I played it and loved it.
The gun vs melee vs dodging was a fun triangle to fight with. The only downside was the flamethrower and automatic shotgun.

Nintendo butchered the release then pulled the plug. The game was basically online only anyway. Talk about a ripoff.
>>
>>385032910
I've played it, game was great but really should've released on the Switch, technically it was a mess and the story didn't always come over well. The multiplayer was fucking great though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.