[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played a single entry in this franchise, but I need something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: switch game fate.jpg (782KB, 630x1024px) Image search: [Google]
switch game fate.jpg
782KB, 630x1024px
Never played a single entry in this franchise, but I need something plot driven and hack & slashy for Switch, will this be any good?
>>
>>385024795
Get Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>385024914
>op wants a Switch game
>lol get a wii u game bro
>>
>>385024914
on Switch?
>>
Its really not that great. Check out Implosion instead.
>>
>plot driven
The game bases the entirety of its story on a PSP title that never made it stateside. There will be hardly any plot and the gameplay is barebones.
>>
>>385024795
>Never played a single entry in this franchise
Never played a MOSOU? Or you never played a FATE game?
>>
>>385024795
The plot's easy enough to follow if you pay attention, they'll go over everything important from the last game. Action is alright, though a lot of characters that aren't Nero are pretty slow. If you're going to be doing the side missions, it'll take some time. The main games each have five game chapters so they're mostly reading.
>>
>>385025975
Fate, I've played plenty of Musou
>>
>>385025975
>MOSOU
>>385026117
>Musou
this is a musou game??
i need to check this out
>>
>>385026885
it´s actually a good game. For a musou. Nice take on the genre with VN mixed in
>>
>>385027686

Is it though? It looks (not visually) like ass.
>>
>>385024795
>Never played a single entry in this franchise

Start with psp emulator ppsspp. Play Fate Extra. Know the story since this game takes place after Fate Extra.

But honestly, Fate/Extellea is shit for a hack and slash. It's like a barebones dynasty warriors extra lite version. Only thing good about it is the story... abut it doesn't even get good until you reach the third route. First two routes were meh as fuck.

Also sucks to be a memu user.
>>
>>385024795
It's not bad, but honestly, the inevitable Hyrule Warriors 2 is going to have far more content available. The best part about Fate Extella was the fun convoluted story, and so if you're just looking for some cheap hack & slash, you might find it overly talky and a bit disappointing.
>>
>>385027686
>it´s actually a good game. For a musou

No. Fuck you for lying. This is a shitty as fuck musou. Don't even lie. Anyone who's played dynasty warriors can tell you Fate Extella is shit.

I like the fate series and it's story but I can't defend the gameplay of this crap.
>>
>>385027890
there is a hard mode with insta death and more aggressive ai/better units. BUT some characters are much more likely to have a harder time on normal difficulty.
>>
It's a pretty barebones musou. I'd only recommend it if you're a big Fate fan, otherwise you'll have no attachment to any of the characters and won't care that much about the plot.

They confirmed they're working on a sequel. I'd honestly wait for that assuming it's released for Switch as well.
>>
>>385028173
it´s a take on the genre that I PERSONALLY liked since I didn´t burned out from the gameplay asf ast as in DW. I also had and still have no clue from the Fate series apart of this game.
>>
>>385028612
You have shit taste and low standards. Any DW is better than this.
>>
>>385028298
>there is a hard mode with insta death and more aggressive ai/better units.
Are you talking about Fate/Extella?

Because the hardest mode isn't instadeath. It does mean that getting caught in a servant's full combo chain will fuck you up bad, though. And the enemies have a lot more variety than on lower difficulties - normal might feature a few archers at the beginning and standard sword/spear troops, while very hard will have axe throwers and bomb tossers and those fucking flying shits all over the place. But the AI doesn't seem any better at higher difficulties, you'll just see the more difficult enemies and them grouped together, for more challenge.
>>
Just wait for FE Heroes, better cast of characters
>>
>>385028823
I didn´t denied that DW is better than this game, they are better. This game has some qualities for this genre which makes it better than others.
>>
>>385028984
> getting caught in a servant's full combo chain

that is what I meant with instadeath.

> the AI doesn't seem any better at higher difficulties

they are more aggressive, which is a better AI in a musou.
>>
>>385028173
Pretty much this honestly. Gameplay is hit circle for extella attack and then go to the next area. Boring as fuck on top of looking like complete trash because its a fucking vita game. Plus tamamo and nero's routes suck with Altera having the only good one.
>>385029132
Higher wordcount? I can't think of anything else it excels in. Extra was fun to some degree but this was just retarded. Looks bad, plays bad, and top it off costs more than 15$.
>>
CCC translation when, i want to play gil's game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.