[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did so many great old MMOs completely shit the bed collectively?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: istock_000013931809_small.png (1MB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
istock_000013931809_small.png
1MB, 1100x732px
How did so many great old MMOs completely shit the bed collectively? Now nobody only ever thinks about them or plays them except in nostalgia
>>
>>385015264
They tried to be a game (wow) that they werent and pissed off all the new players and old ones
t. swg
>>
I only count one of those as an actual mmo.
>>
you just got older and realized they were shit
>>
>>385015561
RS?
>>
wow is the only MMO there, the other ones are just autism simulators with multiplayer
>>
>>385015264
there was five years between the WoW and Everquest release dates. lets say that WoW died in 2009. I feel safe saying we are overdue for something great and that star citizen may fill the void.
>>
>>385016049
No dude, anon is talking about RO
>>
WoW dumbed down content so much that they removed the identify of classes while implementing QoL features that killed the games community. LFD/LFR are absolutely massive QoL updates that essentially make it so you never really have to interact with people but you can't have a multiplayer game where you can ignore the multiple players. There's a lot of other things WoW has fucked up over time such as releasing expansions and then just abandoning them (WoD, The underground zone in wotlk, and more.) They really screwed the pooch with WoD though. They promised a return to burning crusade days it started out nicely, and they just cut so much shit they promised and shoved us in a garrison. If you check their subscriber count you can see a large increase of subs right as WoD launched. That was their big chance to come back and they fucked it up.

Runescape died because they stopped listening to their player base and tried to turn as much profit as possible. If you watch their documentary they put out you can see the regret that the original creators had when they saw what was RS becoming.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.