[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herschel Layton >Smart well loved gentleman professor who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Herschel Layton
>Smart well loved gentleman professor who always minds his manners and tries to solve situations as efficiently and pacificst-minded as possible without resorting to violence or extremities

Katrielle Layton
>Smug full of herself snarky "gentlewoman" who slacks off on duty to munch on sweets and shop for new dresses instead of focusing on her job. Relies on gut instincts and her father's name to even get her cases. Passively ignores her doting assistant who would go to hell and back for her love and to be noticed by her, literally kicks her dog down at every possible turn, treats her friends like shit and utterly verbally destroys her enemies with uncalled for stone cold bantz.

What the fuck happened Herschel? Who did you let raise your daughter?
>>
File: IMG_5714.jpg (42KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5714.jpg
42KB, 250x272px
>he cares about the deep and nuanced character development in a fucking puzzle game
>>
File: 1448826001417.png (227KB, 518x331px) Image search: [Google]
1448826001417.png
227KB, 518x331px
Unwound future > Diabolical Box > Mystery Journey > Curious Village > Last Spectre >>> Miracle mask >>>>> Azran Legacy
>>
File: Prof_with_a_Gun.png (122KB, 308x424px) Image search: [Google]
Prof_with_a_Gun.png
122KB, 308x424px
Hershel Layton is a supreme gentleman but a deadbeat father
>>
>>385012148
At least they reference Mystery room's existence in the begining and don't entirely write it out.
>>
>>385010329
Herschel is a fucking awful parent dude, Alfendi is a testament to that.
>>
>>385012148
I'm playing mystery brothers
Does it get better from "He tried to fake his murder as a prank!!!1"?
>>
>>385013527
Not really, but it's worth it just for this girl.
>>
Can't find an apk for the Mystery Journey that works. Can a nigga help me out
>>
Who is Katrielle and Alfendi's mom?
>>
>>385014235
>Pirating mobile games

Jesus christ man, are you really THAT broke? I get pirating $60 retail games, but its barely $10.
>>
>>385014421
Well Katrielle isn't Layton's daughter if the final clue is anything to go by: "If you're not a Layton, then what exactly are you?"
>>
>>385014421
Watch them asspull some parallell universe shit and make Katrielle the daughter of an alternate Herchel and Claire that never existed in this timeline
>>
File: 135.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
135.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>385014428
It's $15.99 plus in-app purchases
>>
>>385014428
If you can pirate it, you bet your ass I'm going to.
>Paying for mobile games
>>
>>385014646
>Plus in app purchases
For dresses and cosmetic shit, not story content. Unless you really want Antoine-kat you don't spend a dime more
>>
>Case 1
Good start off, interesting mystery
>Case 2-9
Boring scooby doo ghost-hunting/pet rescuing tripe that was easily solvable by the first clue, nearly dropped the game here
>Case 10
Better, finally something interesting
>Case 11
Things are ehating up
>Case 12
Actually feels like a layton game now. Thank you L5.
>>
>>385014763
And another puzzle.
>>
We could've had Dark cloud 3.
>>
>>385015492
>This again

L5 doesn't own DC you ditz. Sony does. L5 would ahve to be contracted by Sony which won't happen because Sony hates money.

Also if you want DC3 just play Ever oasis. its practically the same thing.
>>
>>385014743
But it's a 3DS game.
>>
>>385015010
Do the cases get longer as the game goes on? And is there really nothing redeeming about 2-9? I'm about to finish 4 and while I don't mind the little slice of life cases, nothing interesting happens until case 10? Not even some hints or foreshadowing?
>>
>>385015010
>Actually feels like a layton game now. Thank you L5.

There's another fake town in this game?
>>
>>385016906
2-9 is each of the dragons and their various slice of life cases, but they honestly get more and more predictable as they go along. they aren't bad but its a slog compared to how the game starts.
>>
>>385015492
I've got nothing against the Layton series, but damn, does it hurt every time I see the DC3 teaser page in the back of the DC2 fanbook.
>>
>>385016995
Would you compare them to the search for the eggs in the midgame of Azran Legacy? Because that part was slow, but I loved the variety and all the little storylines.
>>
>>385017324
Pretty much yes.
>>
>>385016916
No but Theres a rich kid who was unfairly treated and lost everything so he staged a revenge plot to get back at the people who stole his families fortunes and ruined his life
>>
>>385013527
Kinda, but it's still pretty enjoyable. The characters are pretty good and the last case was some crazy shit. I liked it quite a bit.
>>
>>385011463
I've never played more than a few minutes of Miracle Mask. What makes one game better than the other; the puzzles? The story? Are any of them considered "bad"?
>>
>>385010329
Typical female character. Make them obnoxious but people still love them because they have a set of boobs.
>>
>>385019935
Overall puzzles, story etc.
The original trilogy was well written and comprised of simple mysteries that were interesting and well focused on, along with good puzzles wirrten by a great puzzle writter.

The secondary trilogy, (Bar Last spectre) was more of a grandiose saga that didn't proprly connect, and by the last entry they pulled so many random ass pulls just to try to keep continuity that had way too many loopholes to really be enjoyed mroe than anything for initial shock factor. They're also just lazily written, despite having one of my favorite characters in the series. The biggest offender is said amazing puzzle writter died after Last spectre, so the team that took over just isn't as good. Most of modern layton puzzles (This includes katrielle) Boil down to cheap mind tricks and bullshit answers that don't give you enough information to go off of:

Example: You need to keep a fish fresh for a week, to keep it fresh it requires a certain amnount of ice blocks per day, 1 block for 1 day, 3 blvocks for 2 days, 5 blocks for 3, etc. What is the MINIMUM amount of blocks needed to keep the fish fresh for a week?

Answer: 0 put it in a fish tank so it stays fresh
>>
>>385020038
Ernest and Sherl are more obnoxious than Katrielle and I'm not saying that because I want to fuck her. She can be a little abrasive but she's fun to watch. Can't say the same for loverboy and the dog pun straightman.
>>
>>385019935
Mostly the story and the little mysteries that all come together to form the big mystery. The characters also play a big part of the game as well. Puzzles are pretty fun but they can be bullshit at times. They start getting really lame around the prequel series I feel, although if you've played one Layton game you know what to expect from the rest so it's not a huge deal, although the original trilogy did have some really good puzzles asides from the bullshit.
None of them are really "bad" per se, but there are a few weak ones. The prequel series I found to be particularly weak compared to the original series; Miracle Mask and Azran were ok to meh. Last Spectre wasn't bad but I found it to be pretty boring.
>>
>>385019935
>A few minutes of Miracle mask

Oh god why, you played one of the worst ones. Remedy that and emulate Unwound future if you want short term amazingness or start with curious village for long term. Play the DS ones, not the 3DS ones
>>
>>385020542
>Most of modern layton puzzles (This includes katrielle) Boil down to cheap mind tricks and bullshit answers that don't give you enough information to go off of
I'm trying not to be disappointed by this but I swear it's like 1 in 3 puzzles in LMJ is a gotcha. There seem to be a lot less puzzles that involve reasoning or math.
>>
File: tumblr_om1i1xYTPu1tt3lc4o1_1280.jpg (44KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om1i1xYTPu1tt3lc4o1_1280.jpg
44KB, 736x552px
>>385021224
No it is. My GF and I played through the whole game together, and half the time if we didn't get a puzzle, all we did was defect to the answer being zero, and voila. Like half the puzzles in the game are "Haha it was a trick!" I'd even appreciate more sliding/Get the ball out style puzzles, and I HATE those.
>>
>>385020542
>Example: You need to keep a fish fresh for a week, to keep it fresh it requires a certain amnount of ice blocks per day, 1 block for 1 day, 3 blvocks for 2 days, 5 blocks for 3, etc. What is the MINIMUM amount of blocks needed to keep the fish fresh for a week?

They thought that one sword puzzle was so clever and now they can't stop having puzzles with "out the box" thinking
>>
>>385021382
Would you say the other puzzles are good or at least worth playing? I like the story well enough but that kind of bums me out. This is the first game I've bought in a while and I'm starting to wonder if it was a good choice.
>>
>>385021753
Don't get me wrong, Katrielle is still a genuine layton game, it jsut has some mediocre puzzles thrown in to its lot. Its still standard faire either way I enjoyed it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.