[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a flaw. You can't. The fucking mini games in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: yakuza-2-3.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-2-3.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Name a flaw.

You can't.

The fucking mini games in this game are more fun than most full games these days. I rented it to check it out and I'm buying it for sure now.

Jesus christ you can best people with a fucking motorcycle what more do you want?
>>
>>385004601
A lot of dialogue not voiced and too much dialogue in general, which is a bit tiresome. No autosave.
>>
File: 1485213399387.jpg (246KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485213399387.jpg
246KB, 800x800px
>>385004601
>Name a flaw
Well, it's made Yakuza threads alot worse and the more dipshits that reccomend anons play Yakuza 0 first, the worse it'll get over time.
>>
>tfw no PS4
Dear SEGA,
Please release all Yakuza games on PC.
-Anon
>>
>>385004728
Also, the combat gets repetitive fast.
>>
>>385004601
Combat is clunky, fake deaths everywhere, that redsuit guy was a waste of potential getting only 2 scenes or something like that
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170215_121515.jpg (699KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170215_121515.jpg
699KB, 1920x1080px
>>385005047
>red suit guy
>>
>>385004862
Stop cheesing the same square square square triangle combo fag.

Each character has 3 distinct fighting styles and there's tons of weapons, if you're bored it's because you're boring.
>>
>>385004808

Which one should i play then? I'm having tons of fun with 0 so are there other ones that are more fun?
>>
>>385004728
>No autosave
Fucking casual. Not to mention there's a phonebooth to save every two feet away

>>385005047
>that redsuit guy
Pretty good bait
>>
>>385006283
nah you're good. the point is the other ones are actually less fun, or maybe not less fun but you probably won't enjoy them as much since they look and feel a bit outdated
>>
File: mommy.jpg (85KB, 778x1028px) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
85KB, 778x1028px
>>385004601

The combat is really ordinary.

Yakuza is the definition of fun "bad" game that gets by on it's quirkiness and virtual tourism aspect.

I still had fun though.
>>
>>385007330
>Yakuza
>a bad game

Explain.
>>
>>385007642

like pic related

mechanically you know it's kinda shit, but the premise still makes it a fun ride.
>>
>>385007885
Except Yakuza is fucking great mechanically. The controls are responsive, there are a lot of moves, the optional and late game bosses are a decent challenge.

I don't see how anyone could call it bad, especially compared to it's modern contemporaries.
>>
The biggest flaw in this game is how pretty much the only way to make boss characters challenging is to break all the established rules and give them shitloads of hyper armor so they can just smash your face in in the middle of a combo you can't really cancel out of to save yourself because you just don't have that option.

Also a lot of the side missions really aren't very interesting.
>>
>>385008247
I haven't beat the game yet but so far the bosses are a drag where you just spam the same attacks on them. And I hate all the small loading times everywhere
>>
>>385008247

It's really not. Compared to any third person action game it's really not designed or balanced well at all.

Goro's baseball bat nunchuck move is essentially insta win, as is most of his breakdancer moves, same with Kiryu's beast mode. Every other style lags behind.

By bad, I don't mean terrible. I mean unbalanced and uneven mechanics but still fun. Compare it to a good Platinum game or even fucking Sleeping dogs or Bamham and it doesn't stand up.

also what >>385008327 said.
>>
>>385007885
I had gamecube nostalgia over that game, but thought it was complete shit when I replayed it a year ago. Also, I jacked off hard when that black girl tongue kisses Monica Bellucci
>>
File: 1486934889502.gif (2MB, 322x178px) Image search: [Google]
1486934889502.gif
2MB, 322x178px
>>385008660
>bamham
>>
>>385008875
The Arkham games' combat is far ahead and that's a fact
>>
Niggas really saying shit like sleeping dogs or bamham is better. Games that need only one button to win or reposition yourself. Bunch of scrubs got their ass handed to them by shakedown
>>
File: cash.jpg (929KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
929KB, 1920x1080px
>>385008875

Believe it or not, a good combat system is a well dsigned responsive paper/scissors/rock setup, which bamham is, despite being simple and somewhat casualized.

Yakuza is rock, paper, ironing board, toothbrush, stool and lightbulb which counters fork every other Thursday.
>>
>>385008950
>press counter to win
>better than a combat system where positioning and resource management (heat gauge etc.) matters

Unless you chug health drinks constantly, button mashing won't get you very far in Yakuza, especially against enemies that can't be staggered or knocked down by standard combos. Not only do you have boss fights that actively discourage button mashing in favour of heat management, but you also have the harder optional bosses fought through side quests and the coliseum matches that force you learn the combat system inside out just to survive.

The only flaw of the combat system is that it doesn't penalise you for using healing items or just shooting everything.
>>
>>385004601
What are you on about? The two main mini-games that earn money, the cabaret club and the real estate, are facebook tier
>>
>>385009364

although your analogy is a bit off, i have to say that yakuza's combat definitely needs a bit of polishing

there's rarely much reward for dodging moves and punishing enemy attacks doesn't really work half the time because bosses can randomly start guarding or gain power armour in the middle of attacks even if you're punching them in the spine. they toned this down a lot, but just try playing Yakuza 3 on a higher difficulty, i feel like this game was the most guilty of that by far in the series

that means theres really little reason to use your brain in combat and you can just go to town and mash everything to death or hit enemies with your most overpowered strings. its like kiryu's punch punch grab combo that everyone loves spamming to death. everyone spams the shit out of that because bosses can't just randomly break out of it like they do on all your other moves.
>>
File: pepespace.jpg (229KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
pepespace.jpg
229KB, 1280x992px
>>385009539

>press counter to win

This is a meme.

A counter in Bamham that is not part of a 3 hit combo minimum will do little to no damage and will not prevent a running tackle or knife attack.

Yakuza doesn't have outright bad combat, just uneven combat where a few moves are OP, the rest are mediocre/useless and shit like boss armour is just there to ensure you take damage regardless to add difficulty by mandatory health decrease rather than a pattern to learn and respond accurately to to win.

In Bamham it's dodge/jump, counter or punch.

In Yakuza it's dodge but maybe get hit because uneven dodge distance/iframes, do the 2-3 stunlock moves because they are the only worthwhile ones, hope that the enemy doesn't randomly use an unavoidable hyperarmour attack.
>>
>>385004601
they ruined the fishing minigame.
I didn't play 5 but fishing in 3 and 4 was actually fun.
>>
>>385010267
Except no damage runs are totally doable in 0, every usage of super armour is consistent and easy to predict. The only boss fight in 0 which I'd say is complete bullshit is the Media King, the others are fine.
>>
>>385004601
It's extremely flawed. It's a "so shit it's somewhat entertaining" series like Deadly Premonition.
>>
yakuzafags are getting really fucking annoying....
>>
>>385011026
>but fishing in 3 and 4 was actually fun.
It was tedious and stressful because some fish are time locked in a game where time changes very little and people can't really figure out what's the best bait to use for most of the fish so you're left guessing and hoping. Some of the times listed for fish are also usually incorrect, a lot of the stuff locked to night can be found at times in the afternoon which makes it even more confusing. They also went completely overboard in 4 and Dead Souls with the amount of junk you could fish up, it was like half your casts compared to 3.
>>
>>385012943
it's still better than even worse than the fishing minigame in persona 4 for 0.
atleast for 4 I was like "Holy shit this umbrella rly struggled against me!"
>>
>>385013284
Personally I find fishing in something like FFXV a godsend compared to Yakuza fishing. At least in FFXV it's always a fish instead of garbage and reeling fish in doesn't take like 3-5 minutes each try if they're farther than 100m. I was losing my mind in 4 with all the oil drums, it was killing me since I needed a Marlin and I was throwing it at 146+ each time.
>>
>>385004808
0 is literally fine to begin with. 1 and 2 might feel like shit afterwards but the story is great in them and 1 is short anyways while 2 improves a ton.
>>
>/v/ hates Yakuza now

What happened?
>>
>>385004828
Dear anon,
Just purchase a PS3+PS4 and emulate 1 and 2.
>>
File: rubberbullet.jpg (99KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rubberbullet.jpg
99KB, 400x400px
>>385013565
people keep on saying the series is perfect when it isnt
>>
>>385013565
People got baited into thinking they're legitimately good instead of enjoyably bad games with a little dash of charm.
>>
I bought 0 and I've never played a Yakuza game. Did I make the right choice?
>>
>>385008660
>compare it to bamham
Alright, in Yakuza 0 more than 1 guy comes at you and will fuck your shut up on higher difficulties
>>
File: kiryu smoke.png (609KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kiryu smoke.png
609KB, 1280x720px
There are a lot of shit opinions in this thread, what happened? Yakuza threads used to be super comfy and genuinely good threads to discuss the games in?

This is going to become far, far worse if Yakuza comes to PC pretty much how it got worse once Dark Souls 1 came to PC. God help us.
>>
File: you.png (534KB, 1156x999px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
534KB, 1156x999px
>>385014193

Yes. That was never agrued against.

Yakuza can be difficult, but the mechanics are still unpolished.

Bamham is easy, but the mechanics are comparatively tight.

Souls or good Platinum games are hard, with tight mechanics.

also this - >>385013918

also, you're a tripfag in a place where poster recognition is always a net negative
>>
>>385014324

OP claimed the game is flawless instead of memeing about KIRYU CHAN
>>
>>385014927
oh, no wonder the idiots and contrarian shitters fell for OP's bait.

>bamham combat

lol
>>
File: 1477751329216.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477751329216.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385013918
>instead of enjoyably bad games with a little dash of charm.
But they're all fine. They feel like budget games at times, sure, but they're not on the level of Deadly Premonition when it comes to jank like the other guy said. Lots of content, lots of substories, lots of weapons to use, lots of minigames, always gives you more moves and unique styles as the games progress, even though it reuses areas they always change quite a bit with each entry, boss fights are awesome especially as the games progress because they can go from cutscene --> gameplay seamlessly, and the characters are great.

Yeah, the stories become a bit of a mess, especially with 4 and its constant twists that sometimes feel like they make no sense, but they're all still enjoyable all the same and I don't see where this is coming from.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.