[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming as an adult. How to find anything worth it? With work,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_nu6np4yHr81sxm4gzo3_1280.jpg (635KB, 1280x1253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu6np4yHr81sxm4gzo3_1280.jpg
635KB, 1280x1253px
Gaming as an adult. How to find anything worth it?

With work, overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities investing time into shifting through the amounts of lard that is released today isn't really an option.

Trust reviews? Trust friends recommendations? Only play short games?
>>
>>385000507
Trust us. Or pirate.
>overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities
lol
>>
>>385000507
Take up insomnia, it works for me.

Also,

>overtime

Don't be a bitch for your boss.
>>
>>385000507
None. Work is one thing, but you gave up your right to personal leisure time the moment you decided to start a family. Your free time is now taking the kids to watch a movie and other such activities. Please enjoy the rest of your time on this Earth.
>>
>>385000507
>overtime
>social obligations
You think I do and or give a shit about any of those and that's pretty funny anon. I have friends who still play vidya and even if I didn't, I'm perfectly content with single player games. I'm also not retarded and only buy games that interest, not every new shiny bauble that's dangled infront of my life.
>>
>>385000576
>Trust us. Or pirate.
I'd trust you, but I make enough so I can afford it without pirating. Time invested is worth more.

Last series I plowed through was the Dark Souls games. Considering whether to find something new or to just be satisfied with 10 minute gaming sessions on shitty mobile titles.

Bloodborne would be my choice, but I can't justify a ps4 just for that.. yet.

>family
just an example. disregard it then
>>
>>385001339
You might wanna check out Dragon's Dogma. It's not exactly like Dark Souls gameplay wise, but the combat is just as satisfying and has its own advantages too.
Avoid LotF and Surge.
>>
Why do normies even come here?
>>
i just got DOOM and i have weed
>>
Stop making excuses and just do it.
>>
>>385000507
>how do I do what I want when I have to do what others tell me to do
You don't. Too bad you didn't figure it out earlier.
>>
>>385000507
>work, overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities
I work 8 hours, eat and clean my flat for 2 hours, visit family once a week on weekends for a few hours, go out with friends every weekend for a evening and have no other responsibilities.
>>
>>385000507
>With work, overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities
The solution is finding a way to do as little of that stuff as possible.
>>
I think the problem is when people play games everyday on their free time. Some days I draw, others I hang out with friends and others I just play vidya all day.

I juggle between those three to keep each one fresh. If I just do one for a long time I get bored and annoyed of it.
Look for another hobby or try to do something else, even if it's less fun that videogames so that way you'll start appreciatting it again.
>>
>>385002009
ITT: Things I've learned from Persona.
>>
>>385002118
I never tough about it that way, but I guess it does apply.
Don't focus on one thing or you'll get fucked.
Don't spread too much if you don't know what're you doing or you'll get fucked.
Ez
>>
>>385000507
>With work, overtime, family, social obligations

By not having any of those. Just NEET it as a lonely person without a job.
>>
Is there any RTS worth it these days?

I played fuckloads of rollercoaster, sim city and cute building games back in the days.

I tried that ubisoft shitters but I clawed my eyes out because they were useless. Two of the anno games.
>>
>>385000507
I watch 20 seconds of a gameplay LP, skipping around, and if it looks passable I'll spend another 40 seconds watching it.

If a game can't convince me it's fun enough to buy within 1 minute of watching it, it's probably not worth it in general.
>>
>>385000507
>How to find anything worth it
The same way I did before I got a job, /v/ and gameplay videos
>>
>>385003265
I used to do this. Until I first found Binding of Isaac and then Dark Souls. Last one was overwatch that I denied even a minute of gameplay until my coworkers brought me into a game.

I enjoy watching lets plays but I dont use them as the tool to find whats fun to play any longer
>>
>>385000507
>With work, overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities investing time into shifting through the amounts of lard that is released today isn't really an option.

With work, overtime, family, social obligations and responsibilities, why the fuck do you even need vidya anymore

we cling to vidya because we dont have any of that. if i had that i wouldnt touch games ever again.
>>
>>385003794
Yeah hobbies are for fuckin losers
>>
>>385003241
Offworld Trading Company
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading.png (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading.png
28KB, 400x400px
>>385003794
>we cling to vidya because we dont have any of that. if i had that i wouldnt touch games ever again.
>>
>>385004037
>Offworld Trading Company
looks alright.

i dont care much for rts war aspect. do I have to bother with it?
>>
>>385004354
>i dont care much for rts war aspect. do I have to bother with it?
Offworld's a purely capitalist game so it might actually be perfect for you. You can interfere with the other player's settlements and upgrades with goon squads but it doesn't really require any micromanagement.

Controlling the communal market is much more important to winning
>>
>>385000507
I just play short games and occasionally dump a few months into a decent one. You only get a few hours a week.

Honestly though, it's not really the sort of hobby that's that rewarding casually. A sweet spot that's like a couple of hours a day, without being all the time so you burn yourself out on it and become a bitter shitposter, is what you really need.

I'd look into fishing or woodworking or something if you really only have a couple of hours spare a week. A cost/output ratio that's better suited to what you want.
>>
File: 1492353054000.jpg (11KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
1492353054000.jpg
11KB, 210x251px
>>385003035
This, and then still don't play videogames.
>>
>>385004508
cheers, having a look
>>
>>385004671
>fishing or woodworking
living in a major asian city, the river is sludge and any handycraft will be left once I get my next job. plus my job is art and I'd rather not design shit on my spare time

but interesting nevertheless.
>>
>>385004764
>living in a major asian city, the river is sludge
Man that sucks. Fucking asshole polluting companies and factories dumping everything into the rivers.

I'm not the guy you're responding to but fishing is still pretty cool. Legend of the River King, Animal Crossing, and FF15 all have fairly immersive fishing systems
>>
>>385004970
I have the weirdest fucking story playing fishing games.

Went to visit an old friend in Japan, stayed in a hostel were she worked. Had some night free and took a stroll alone, found a bar right next to the hostel, enter alone.

Place is a fucking retro vidya bar, games everywhere. Japanese guys staring at the lost white guy ofcourse. Can't speak a word, they can't speak english, we end up drinking two nights together and finishing some MMORPG fishing quests by sharing controller.

Will go back for sure.
>>
File: 1489896993608.jpg (60KB, 241x231px) Image search: [Google]
1489896993608.jpg
60KB, 241x231px
>>385004676
patrician af
>>
File: 1467791882277.png (2KB, 92x111px) Image search: [Google]
1467791882277.png
2KB, 92x111px
>>385000507
Games I have put 100+ hours in as an adult

>Mount & Blade Warband
You played Age of Empires, or Rome total war, or Wacraft 3, and you thought "I wish I could be down on the battlefield killing the enemy, but still be with my troops and not the solo action hero like in the other games".

This is that RTS. + it has RPG elements. Looks ugly but no other game lets you have 2k unique units on the field, and lets you join in the battle and feel a sea of arrows fly over you or stand on the front line of a shield wall, or lead a cavalry charge into hundreds of enemy's, or ride with 200 other horse archers and lay waste to an open flank with arrows.

>Kenshi
The best open world sandbox RPG in existence. Think fallout with an Asian theme crossed with mad max.
You can do anything. And I mean anything.
You can buy a building in a town and open a shop.
You can have that shop get robbed repeatedly by the local thieves guild.

You can travel the world as a trader or a scavenger.
You can get eaten alive by the wild life, or robbed by bandits and left for dead on the road, or captured and branded as a slave and forced to do hard labor in a slave camp, until you die or get sold off.
Or you could get captured by cannibals or frog people and eaten alive, or sacrificed.

You can be a thief and try to rob shops.
You can get guards will beat you up and throw you out on the street, or arrest you and lock you away for a long time, or execute you.

Or you could try to start up a farm.
You can have the local wildlife come through whenever your crops are almost ready and eat you out of house and home.
You can have the bandits come back and rob your farm.
You can build walls, and turrets, and start a small farming community to protect yourself.
You can grow the community in to a city, have different people become armor smiths and sword smiths, and medics and scientists.
You can slowly build up a town and then an army, and then go try to take over the world.

It's a fun game.
>>
>>385000507
i spend 13 days a fortnight at home because im recovering from a transplant and immune system is fucked.

i found games more fun and worth the time before when i only had an hour or two a day to play games, as i cherished it more. Now i just want to neck myself.
>>
>>385005524
I've had my eye on Kenshi for a while but the EA tag has driven me away from it even though I'm a big fan of M&B. Two questions

>When will it finally exit EA?
>Has it had a history of being buggy? If so, does the developer have a history of being competent enough to fix the ones that crop up?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.