[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games where the first level or two are amazing 10/10 but each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: KOTR.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
KOTR.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
>>
Haha, it's funny because KotOR games are the exact opposite. Upboated right to the front page broski!
>>
Pic obviously not related
>>
MGS2
>>
File: rs.jpg (50KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rs.jpg
50KB, 1200x630px
>>
>>384994117
>>384994102
You guys honestly believe the game gets better after Taris? I'm not joking. For me, everything after that is completely forgettable and felt like a chore
>>
>>384994125
MGS2 Tanker is fantastic, that's a given
However, Big Shell isn't all bad.
If anything, MGS2 is bimodal, with a massive peak at the start, then a deep valley, then a nice big hill towards the end.
>>
>>384994061
>games that you play through purely to get to the sequel
What's that, pic related? I agree 100%
>>
>>384994428
This was me with The Witcher 1
>>
>>384994061
Phantom Pain
>>
>>384994501
(and 2)
>>
Taris is actually terribly paced and the only good thing about it is how cool it looks. Most of the other levels are better.
>>
>>384994428
Deus Ex?
>>
>>384994345
woah, are you a unicorn? taris is usually hated
I don't really like it either, but i'm weird I loved water planet
>>
>>384994428
i agree, play through KOTOR then jump right into SWTOR
best way to play them
>>
>>384994660
this post ironic shitposting getting on my nerves
>>
>>384994651
>>384994568
This is a new revelation to me. Taris is one of my favourite places in any video game. I assumed everybody liked it. Like I said everything after that to me and I couldn't even name one quest line or planet name
>>
>>384994734
>Like I said everything after that to me and I couldn't even name one quest line or planet name
Of course not, you have shit taste.
>>
File: Manaan.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Manaan.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>384994651
Patrician tier taste
>>
>>384994728
Post ironic just means that you stopped finding irony funny. YOU are the post ironic hipster here anon
>>
>>384994734
Taris would be great if you didn't spend 70% of it in the slums. Also alot of people hate it because you can't level up there if you want to min-max stats. That makes shit like the arena fight really nasty.
>>
>>384994734
was KOTOR your first RPG? I can see how you would like Taris if it was.
>>
taris may be horrible but atleast it isnt the kotor 2 intro
>>
>>384994773
What world do you like then buddy?
>>384994886
No, that would have been probably FF5
>>
>>384994345
>liking Taris more than the rest of the game
I thought I was alone on this, good taste Anon
>>
>>384994985
Literally everything but the fucking first levels of both games.
>>
>>384994943
oh yeah...I have fond memories of KOTOR 2 and want to play it time to time, but remember first 3 levels and all will is lost
>>
>>384995078
Get a mod to skip them or just listen to a podcast or something in the back-ground in-between conversations.
>>
>>384995078
same, i finished KOTOR1 numerous times and can still finish it and have fun anytime
i finished KOTOR2 like 2 times and tried to play it thorugh many times but got bored to death and abandoned it
>>
>>384994345
This must be bait.
Taris was fucking boring.
How much equipment did you even get by the end of it? A handful of peashooters, a couple sub-par vibroblades, and some goofy side-grade fuckface armor?
My god that place had shit for story & didn't even make up for it with inventory/character progression.
>>
>>384995172
Other way around for me
>>
the endar spire is pure filler and 80% of taris is a monotonous dungeon-crawling bore. the undercity is honestly torture.
>>
>>384995324
Undercity is super cool in concept though
>>
>>384994061
>a game in which the first obligatory level is the worst, and you can choose which levels to go to after a certain point
>>
>>384994651
>>384994787
>playing a goodie two-shoes faggot
>did half of manaan
>left for some reason
>did the spoiler
>upon returning had to clean up the mess I made
IIRC they even have some 10/10 dialogue tailored for that scenario
>>
No that's bullshit the game gets better as it goes along. Your waifu gets kidnapped and turned to the darkside
>>
>>384994345
People hate the beginning of KoTOR so much that they mod it so that you play as a Jedi from the beginning.

That said, I still have no idea why people dislike water planet to this day. the setting is great, there's loads of sidequests, and FISHY FISHY locker guy is the best NPC in the game.
>>
>>384995078
It's not that bad desu
Just treat Peragus as the spooky murder mystery it is and realise you don't have to particularly care about anything on Citadel Station. The only bad level is Telos Surface.
With TSLRCM you should get some good items early on (late Peragus or Citadel Station) which can make things a lot more fun.
>>
>>384995597
I think it's just because people hate underwater sections and you have to stomp around in a slow diving suit
>>
>>384994061
Dark Souls 2 maybe. Forest of the fallen giants was a neat level, but that was it.
>>
>>384995724
I mean the main story quest isn't great, but the actual city is clearly the best of the available hubs in the game.
>>
Nah, fuck you guys. Playing tris for the first time on release was the shit. I explored so much and learned the ropes. It was great to see how the game unfolds feature wise... Like the things you can do and the interactivity with NPCs. Then when you leaving it all gets destroyed making you feel some type of way.
I will admit, replaying it a lot may make you dislike it but as an initial experience it's great.
Manaan was the worst planet

Also, kotor 2 had a way longer more strung out first level. It was absolutely boring and irritating (especially if you don't get force speed first).
>>
>>384994061
haha somebody give this man gold, I'm crying over here xDDDD
>>
>>384995778
I thought Korriban was the best. It was interesting to see how the dark jedi operate and infiltrate them until you're ready to strike.
>>
>>384996394
Korriban's only great if you have Jolee and Canderous.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.