[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the majority of the souls fanbase hate this game soo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 61

File: image.jpg (14KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 200x300px
Why does the majority of the souls fanbase hate this game soo much? I can't understand it.
>>
I fucking love it.
>>
>>384993424
>Why does the majority of the souls fanbase
Only vocal minority
Das3 loses online activity faster than any souls game before in that time period, people amde their choice
Das2 hate comes from the pc das kids mostly and underage retards who were born after 90s
>>
>>384993424

Do we have to pretend to like it again already?
It is pretty tiring since no one could honestly like it.
>>
File: GatherRound.jpg (632KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
GatherRound.jpg
632KB, 2560x1440px
>>384993424
Yesterday I saw a similar thread. Except OP was asking why everyone loves Dark Souls II so much. He couldn't understand it either. Maybe you're just an idiot.
>>
I just got a PS4

I understand that dark souls 1 isn't on ps4, but which one would be a good starting point for getting into this series
>>
>>384994190

Bllodborne.
It is also a good stopping point.
You can try DS3 after if you are desperate for more and don't mind something not quite as good.
>>
I think it mostly boils down to
>shitty lighting
>shitty world design
Which are both true but forgivable in my opinion.
>>
>>384994190
Bloodborne and DS3.
>>
File: 1491459084998.gif (1MB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
1491459084998.gif
1MB, 1266x712px
>>384993424
I don't hate it, it's just easily the worst. Also the downgrade.
>>
I just wasn't a fan of soul memory.
>>
Good game
Bad Dark Souls game
>>
>>384994712
Why?
Dark souls 2 has second highest summon range in the soulsborne game, right after blooborne with it's 40lvls +/- range
>>384994764
Your post doesn't make any sense
>>
>>384994829
>Your post doesn't make any sense
It's inferior in most regards to DaS except technology and PVP.
>>
File: poppaworm.jpg (152KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
poppaworm.jpg
152KB, 569x472px
>>384993424
It's shit compared to the other souls games. Glad I could clear that up.
>>
>>384994872
>It's inferior in most regards to DaS
>covenants
>return of des nice shit
>Spell variety
>Armor variety
>more fun shit to do
>No des rehashed npc
>>
Got into the series a year ago and played all the games from DeS to DaS3 and 2 is the worst one. Such a nuisance to play desu. Never want to replay it.
>>
>>384994190
If you start with Dark Souls 2, there's a good chance you'll never play another one again.
>>
>>384993424
Adaptability stat to increase your i-frames makes it seem like the hitboxes are very wonky.

The hitboxes on quite a few enemies are still very wonky even if you have max adaptability.
>>
>>384994083
I've never seen a thread about that except for someone personally saying it's a good game.
>>384994419
You can't say walking into majula and looking at the ocean isn't some of the most calming shit you experienced in the game.
>>384994947
Your first playthrough must have surely been fun though.
>>384994957
It is quite a hassle but feels rewarding imo.
>>
File: human02-1366386021[1].jpg (71KB, 580x325px) Image search: [Google]
human02-1366386021[1].jpg
71KB, 580x325px
>>384993424

The biggest reasons:
It went from realistic weapon swings and blocks to duel wielding giant 2h weapons.

The very first optional hard enemy you fight in DS1 is the black knight, and you have to beat him by parrying and predicting his attacks. It feels amazing when you bring him down.

The very first optimal hard enemy you fight in DS2 is a giant damage sponge that 1 hit kills you with attacks that don't even connect. It feels like the game is wasting your time when you finally kill it.

Other minor reasons:
They replaced limited flask healing with unlimited but grind requiring consumable healing so it felt like I was losing souls every time I healed.

The whole "this wall is randomly destructible but we will give you 0 clues" thing is bullshit.

It just felt way more grindy and not like the original game at all.
>>
>>384994190
Das2 and bloodborne are much more popular on the ps4 online wise
Think for yourself
>>
>>384993424
Because people believe fucking anything on the Internet. They watch one video by one guy and agree with them on the basis that their opinion is formed for them; the popular opinion.
>>
>>384994956
Dont reply to retards like that guy.He doesnt even know why he particulary doesnt like the game since he is a part of hivemind that try to fit in
>>
>>384995274
>actually tries to fight an ogre without leveling adp first(i know adp is a ba dmechanic but you are the only one to blame for doing this)
>thinks beating black knight is hard
>actually grinds for lifegems
Wew
>>
>>384993424
It's just a bullshit meme, DasII wasn't directed by Miyazaki that's all.
>>
File: 1471700532842.png (239KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
1471700532842.png
239KB, 700x739px
>>384993424
because it was a complete downgrade from Dark Souls 1 and too the "prepare to die" meme too seriously.

Not to mention added shit like ADP
>>
>>384996786
>DasII wasn't directed by Miyazaki that's all.

and the drop in quality shows
>>
>>384997107
???
Das was big drop in quality compared to des
Das3 was big drop in quality compared to the any other soulsborne game
Your post doesn't make sense
>>
>>384997182
>Das3 was big drop in quality compared to the any other soulsborne game

and yet was better than DaS2
>>
>>384997301
It wasn't
>>
>>384994190
Bloodborne is the best souls game.
>>
File: 1417738519646.gif (927KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1417738519646.gif
927KB, 512x384px
>>384996725

>actually tries to fight the first enemy you see in the game (you are the only one to blame for this)
This is pretty much everything wrong with DS2 in one go. I skipped the bell tower, skipped the gargs (unintentionally), and ended up killing Sif at like level 16, it was hard AF but no stats were actually stopping me from doing it and it was fun.

>thinks beating black knight is hard
Don't be one of those "I beat the black knight without taking any damage on my first try, with a broken sword and no shield on my first blind playtrhough" retards.

>actually grinds for lifegems
>not understanding that lots of small expenses quickly turn into big expenses.
Typical millennials.
>>
>>384995274
What wall is randomly destructible?
>>
>>384997380
come on, Souls series is like MGS series, they're all good but fans disagree on the rankings.
>>
File: ornifex.jpg (188KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ornifex.jpg
188KB, 750x1000px
>>384997497
I know in the forest of fallen giants there is a wall that can explode and it opens up a shortcut to the bonfire in the castle.

and speaking of stupid shit in DaS2, pic related
>>
>>384997497
That one wall in the first level by the bonfire that can only be destroyed by explosions.

That's another thing, just how inconsistent the game is.

Rolling into those barrels to destroy them does nothing. Hitting them with your weapon to destroy them does nothing UNLESS its a 2h weapon. Any enemy touching them at all blows them up and instakills you.

And the hidden walls, in DS1 at least you could slash randomly and uncover them. The fact that you have to stand in the EXACT spot and hit the button with no hints is just there to sell guidebooks.
>>
>>384997580
I don't know about that, portable ops was garbage and there are reaaally significant problems with 4 and 5.
>>
>>384995274
People beat ogre naked wih fists
Gitgud
>>
>>384997301
>roll souls 3
>game doesn't even feel like a souls game anymore
how about you roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll out of here. lmao what is medium roll. lmao what is fat roll.
shields feel like styrofoam in weight and every weapon but the biggest of the big are fast as fuck.
world is almost coherent but insubstantial as it is linear as fuck
almost no non-gimmick or multiphase bosses.
have to beat at least one "end-game" boss to progress to the rest of the game

face it, DS3 is a fucking mess. it's the most mechanically sound, but that's about it.
>>
>>384997658
>The fact that you have to stand in the EXACT spot and hit the button with no hints is just there to sell guidebooks.

plus dicks who place signs to block you from opening the doors
>>
>>384997732
>roll souls 3

nice to see you have no legitimate argument and I can ignore your post.
>>
>>384997698
That's not the point.

Dark knight can be beaten a number of different ways, but you have to use the games mechanics to do it.

Ogre is 10 minutes of: run up to it, hit it, run away, repeat.
>>
>>384997659
I mean the mainline MGS games, 4 and V are pretty good for different reasons, most MGS fans who stuck with the series like 4 and V but again the rankings for each game differ from person to person.
>>
>>384993424
turning I frame and animation speed into a stat, having rings that instantly remove any punishment upon death, and the base game having no interesting enemies turned me off immensely. That mixed with the myriad of smaller problems really made me feel cold compared to the only other souls game I'd played, DaS 1. SOTFS fixed some problems, but made some worse by having even dumber enemy placement, overall shitty dlc and narrative inclusions, and still looking like trash lighting wise. It didn't help I only came back to it after playing all the other souls game besides 3, but holy hell was it disappointing to spend more money to get new problems. I don't care how good the pvp, I don't care how nice the covenants are, I don't care how many weapons it has or how many build varities it provides, if the base game doesn't feel good and the enemies aren't fun to fight, it's a bad game.

DaS 2 is better than a lot of Action RPGs, but compared to the rest of the series, even now after I just beat 3, is a huge disappointment
>>
>>384997732
lmao ultra great weapon in shit souls 2 are literally pool noodles.
>>
File: bloodborne_knightedition_das3.png (38KB, 577x587px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_knightedition_das3.png
38KB, 577x587px
>>384997790
>Ergo Decedo
answer the post properly or don't answer at all. fuck off with that non-argument
>>
People dislike it to prove how much they belong here
>>
>>384997870
>answer the post properly

why should I when it opens with such a non-argument?
>>
>>384997658
>Any enemy touching them at all blows them up and instakills you.
Lie
Why are you lying like this?
Enemy could explode them only by throwing explosive shit at them
Same with you, also if you use fire weapon you explode them too
Typical das2 hater lies
>The fact that you have to stand in the EXACT spot and hit the button with no hints is just there to sell guidebooks.
Or you could fucking just look at wall and see that it's kinda different or there no sense for wall to be there in the first place
>>384997753
Lie, why are you lying? You can't put sign near illusion wall only on some distance
>>384997821
>Dark knight can be beaten a number of different ways, but you have to use the games mechanics to do it.
I know 2, throw shit from the roof, espite it's obviously not being intended by developers(look how he behaves during that time) or just parry and kill. Don't even say roll because blackknight hitboxes are das2 level of bad
>Ogre is 10 minutes of: run up to it, hit it, run away, repeat.
Arrows
Poison you could buy in the first city
Backstab and run away
>>
People who like ds2 are westernfags who feel at home with ugly shit games that pretend that the illusion of choice matters.
>>
>>384997914
Wow, you called his argument a non-argument.
#rekt
How will he ever recover from that thrashing?
Put another mark on your internet arguments won tally.
>>
File: laughatyou.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughatyou.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>384997972
>decrying legitimate complaints as "lies"
>>
It actually takes skill, timing and constant stamina management, you can't just poise tank shit like in DS1 or roll indefinately like in DS3.
>>
>>384998016
It wasn't even an "argument"
>>
>>384994679
Only if you don't count demons souls
>>
>>384998023
>Explained why they are lies
>Still call them legitimate complaints
Can't expect much from das2 hater
>>
>>384997979
>People who like ds2 are westernfags
Das2 and des are the most popular souls games in japan
Maybe just some people prefer real games instead of style over substance das3 style garbage
>>
Ds3 has better graphics and controls I think but Ds2 had much better levels and environments and was actually a tiny bit comfy in some areas whereas in Ds3 you come to many different places but most of them seem like some randomly generated dog shit.
>>
>>384998141
did anyone mention DaS 3? Pathetic DaS 2 shitposter
>>
Why not stop being a poorfag, stop acting like your time is precious and just get the entire series?

While ds2 might be not as popular, it is still a vastly superior game to most of the schlock out there, and if you like this type of game you can't really go wrong with it. Like every other games in the soul serie the game requires you to learn and adapt. Some people go on about the games not being hard, just "block and counterattack", but nobody really considered the games hard because the enemies were hard to fight on a mechanical level. No, the games are hard because if you go in blind (as you should) you are going fail, you are going to fail because of some Indiana jones boulder rolling over you, you are going to fail from that enemy falling from the ceiling, you will fail from the new move set a boss acquires at 20%HP, you will fail because you let yourself be baited by a twink, you will fail because "lol, shitty rats, I got this", you will fail because you thought you cleared all the ranged enemies and can now safely cross this narrow bridge.

It is only through repetition that you learn the design by heart and learn the routes, the enemy patterns, what enemies to ignore and which to fight. It is this what makes the souls series cool, you keep going back in to see what bullshit the game has lined up next to make you fail, and you want to see if this time you can anticipate it, and boy when you anticipate some bullshit at the right moment on your first blind playthrough does it feel good.
>>
>>384997972
Yep everyones lying because they hate the game so much. We all just spend time conspiring to come up with lies about this game because of our intense anger and hatred for it.

We even traveled back in time and made posts on reddit and other forums talking about the same issues to make our lies more believable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/20bvme/what_do_you_think_about_the_gunpowder_barrels/
>>
>>384997903
*People like it to be contrarian
Fixed that for you
>>
>>384997635
You aren't really showing us how DaS2 is shot, but more why you are shit at souls.
>>
>>384997635
Right down the road !
>>
>>384998389
>but more why you are shit at souls.

having a NPC be an exact enemy model from DaS1 is a bad idea because the moment I saw it, I killed it
>>
>>384998415
right down the road?
>>
>>384998389
>>384997658
>>384995274

Oh wait those are all "lies" because we never played the game so we don't know for our selves. Never mind, DS2 is objectively the best game ever made.
>>
>>384998337
DS2 has a better user rating on steam than DS3
The "DS2 is a hated game and the black sheep of the franchise" is a forced meme.

And since you linked to reddit, you might want to check out the DS3 reddit where half the threads around launch were "DS2 did this and this and this better, why is this soo linear?, why does NG+ suck?, LOLPOISE, why can I fastroll 20 times on one stamina bar in full havels?"
>>
>>384998337
>reddit
Already enough to tell you to fuck off, but I actually read it
And so barrels also explodes if enemy with 2h swords like royal soldiers hit them, same goes for player using 2h weapon
You said that "Hitting them with your weapon to destroy them does nothing UNLESS its a 2h weapon. Any enemy touching them at all blows them up and instakills you." So you purposely lied
>>
>>384993424
It's not a great souls game
It's a good game by itself
>>
>>384998546
*Same rating
>>
>>384997443
Lifegems are only really useful in the beginning when you're limited to a few estuses, but by mid game you should be familiar enough with the game that estuses should completely suffice, though they still can be useful.
desu i would've preferred them to be a bit more limited, to act as a quick health boost in a pinch, albeit not a big one
>>
File: 1422505235385.png (9KB, 348x419px) Image search: [Google]
1422505235385.png
9KB, 348x419px
>>384998546
Why are we talking about DS3?
Seriously. I never brought it up.
I was asked why I did not like DS2.
I gave reasons.
Then I was called a liar and told none of the reasons I listed where real.
So I googled and linked proof of more people talking about the same issues back in 2014.
And now we are talking about DS3, instead of the reasons why DS2 is bad.

Funny how this conversation is going.

>>384998564
>So you purposely lied
You accused me of lying without any proof backing up your own claims.
I show you clear proof of what im saying to be true.
And you are still calling me a liar because I can't show you video proof, even though it's a known fact to anyone who has played the game.

I'm kinda glad I got out of the souls fandom.
>>
>>384997635
There are explosive barrels right next to a damaged wall with a guy throwing firebombs....
>>
>>384998847
>I show you clear proof of what im saying to be true.
You didn't
You literally showed proof of yourself being retarded
>And you are still calling me a liar because I can't show you video proof, even though it's a known fact to anyone who has played the game.
No, I call you a liar because you lied about enemy being able to explode barrels with anything while you need fire or 2h weapons
>>
>>384998847
>And now we are talking about DS3, instead of the reasons why DS2 is bad.

because DaS2 fanboys are trying to derail the thread away from talking how bad their game was.
>>
>>384998918
there was no indication that they were explosive
>>
>>384999009
>das3 is better game with beter gameplay
>WHY ARE YOU PROVING ME WRONG FUCKING DAS2 FANBOYS11111
Yep, you are retarded
But hey, you can use trip so we could filter you if you are so afraid of being mistaken for another anon
>>384999078
>barrels look differently from others
>nah no indication that they were explosive
>>
>>384999078
You are seriously autistic stop posting already
>>
>>384997658
>Rolling into those barrels to destroy them does nothing. Hitting them with your weapon to destroy them does nothing UNLESS its a 2h weapon.

>>384997972
>Lie
>Why are you lying like this?
>Enemy could explode them only by throwing explosive shit at them
>Same with you, also if you use fire weapon you explode them too
>Typical das2 hater lies

>reads proof that barrels don't explode when hit by 1 hand weapons but will explode when hit by 2h non-fire weapons

>>384999004
>No, I call you a liar because you lied about enemy being able to explode barrels with anything while you need fire or 2h weapons

Congratulation, you are saying exactly what I said in my original post, while still calling me a liar.. huh.

I guess I won, even if you won't admit it.
>>
Dark souls II was a pretty good game when compared to the average, and is certainly still enjoyable. The problem is that it completely fails to meet the extremely high bar set by its predecessors, Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls. Since most of the more “seasoned” Souls players started with these games, Dark Souls II came off as a disappointment to these fans, myself included. I’ll list some of the issues which most bothered me.

World and Level Design

Honestly, the design of the individual levels (or at least most of them) and the world as a whole in Dark Souls II is just bad. I said before that Dark Souls II was still a pretty good game, but in this area I’m not even sure it’s above average. Where the different zones of the first game were woven together intricately, those of the second are arranged in a handful of completely linear, non connected paths sprawling out from Majula. Where the environments of both Dark and Demon’s souls stayed very consistent as you moved from place to place, the environments of Dark Souls II don’t make any sense. The obvious example, which others have mentioned, is the elevator at the end of Earthen Peak which takes you to Iron Keep. Apparently all of Harvest Valley is underneath a sea of lava in the clouds… Yeah…

As for the levels themselves, many of them were just as linear as the different branches of the game world. I recall extremely few instances of the levels wrapping back around on themselves to provide shortcuts in the way they did in Demon’s and Dark Souls, and even when they did, it usually didn’t matter due to there being bonfires all over the place.
>>
>>384999283
Bonfires and Warping

One of the greatest changes made going from Demon’s Souls to Dark Souls was the removal of any kind of warping, at least early on (Even post-Lordvessel the warping is restricted to only certain bonfires) This forced the player to really get immersed in the world, they couldn’t just kill everything in a zone and move on, because they might frequently have to travel back through that zone for some reason or another. This meant learning the environment, the shortcuts, and the connections between areas was crucial. Furthermore, venturing far from Firelink Shrine felt like a true journey, as for all your character knew, the only path back entailed a lot more fighting. Even Demon’s Souls, while it missed out on some of this by having warping and non-interconnected areas, did a great job with this within each area, due to there being one and only one archstone (DeS equivalent of bonfires) per boss. In Dark Souls II, there are a huge number of bonfires (yes it’s a bigger game, but there are a lot more per boss than in the previous two games anyways) and warping is possible from the beginning, which means all of the bonus immersion I just mentioned is gone. This was my personal least favorite change, and as someone who avoided Dark Souls III spoilers, I was absolutely heartbroken when I saw they again included unlimitted warping.
>>
>>384999269
>Any enemy touching them at all blows them up and instakills you.
Woops, typical das2 hater, forgot most important part of his post
>>
>>384999180
This thread has nothing to do with Das3.
How good or bad Das3 is has nothing to do with the problems plaguing DS2.
>>
>>384999354
>>384999354
NPC’s

In Dark Souls II, many of the NPC’s work as follows: You find them out in the world, they have some dialogue, they move back to Majula after, and they sit in their location in Majula for the remainder of the game so that you can use their vendor services, maybe a couple more dialogues unlock as the game progresses. For almost all of the NPC’s not working this way, the only difference is that they stay in their original location instead of going back to Majula. The NPC’s don’t do things of their own accord, they don’t interact with eachother, they don’t react to things. It’s abundantly clear that most of them exist only as vendors for the player. This is a huge step back from the previous two games, where the NPC’s were strong, independent characters who interacted with the world and eachother regardless of the player’s involvement, and who had clear personal motivations for doing so

These three points worked together to kill a lot of the immersion and suspension of disbelief that were so crucial to pulling people into the previous games and making them love the world, the characters, and therefore the games. The next points will be more about the gameplay itself

Healing

This point won’t take long to make. The inclusion of Lifegems in Dark Souls II was a bad idea, end of story. In the first game, conserving health was an important part of the moment to moment gameplay due to the limited amount of healing available per bonfire visit. Sure there healing consumables, but they were rare/valuable, so I would say healing was still always limited. In Dark Souls II, you can easily buy as many lifegems as you want, and you can even use them faster than your estus! The very nicely tuned balance of health and healing resources present in the first Dark Souls was absent in the second
>>
>>384997732
>linear
Hardly, you can skip right past entire sections of the game and never know.
>roll souls
Now this is some selective memory. Are we all going to pretend DaS1 wasn't the most ridiculous roll heavy game to date? Are we just going to pretend it was the perfect game that "dindu nuffin wrong, is ma baby"? Forgetting about all the ninja flipping, the heavy armor ninja flipping, the "I have more poise therefore I win" mechanic. Doesn't help that the only area in DaS1 that made ninja flipping and rollstabbing hard was sen's fortress, at least in DS3 when a faggot like that invades I can go find myself a narrow section, a bridge, a hallway or a cliff edge or so, he also won't actually be ninjaflipping.

Last but not least, anyone who doesn't have fashion souls at the top of the list of "reasons I play this series" is a faggit and should consider leaving this plane of existence. If you are playing this game as some sort of competitive PvP game rather than enjoying some whacky souls moments with other people, you are a faggit. If you invade with the soul goal of lag stabbing your opponent in 2 nanoseconds rather than trying to grief him in the most elaborate way possible giving him a memorable experience (or at least trying to), you are a faggit. If you are min/maxing to the point where your character looks like horseshit simply because "this is the best build on paper" you need to go see an ophtmologist, faggit.

One of my best invade experiences was when someone invaded my world, but rather than trying to kill me outright, he would dress up as the enemy NPC I was facing and "blend in", he then more or less fought like that NPC would, when I was on the verge of defeating one encounter he would run of to the next encounter and switch gear to like that mob group. Rinse repeat until I had reached the bossgate, there he saluted me, dropped a boss soul (as loot for "defeating" him). It made a route I was very familiar with refreshing again and extra challenging.
>>
>>384999283
>>384999354
>>384999425
is this white knight pasta?
>>
>>384993424
I never actually played das2 but from what I saw, it kinda looked like a fake das1. You know those mugen games where the character sprite seem kinda different from its opponent/background? It kinda felt like they just reused assets from das1 and made some slight alterations which made everything just strike out as very obvious.
>>
>>384999283
>>384999354
>>384999425
>>384999454
Just tripfag so I can block you
>>
>>384999425
Misunderstanding of Difficulty

Dark Souls II tries to be a lot harder than either of the previous games. The difficulty of the Souls games is part of their appeal though, right? Why is this a bad thing?

It’s because the approach the designers took towards difficulty in Dark Souls II. The previous souls games were hard because they forced you to pay attention to the game, to items, weapons, stats, enemies, NPC’s, etc. Both to find your way in the game world and to succeed in combat. Neither took that much more mechanical skill than the average game out there, but both took a lot more focus and attention, and patience, which is where difficulty came from.

It seems clear that with Dark Souls II, maximizing the raw difficulty was a goal of the designers. The worst way this manifests itself is in the ridiculous abundance of groups of multiple powerful enemies placed next to eachother, whether as regular enemies or as bosses. Going up against this is exhilarating and challenging in the short term, which is why Ornstein and Smough and the Maneaters were such memorable parts of the previous two games. In Dark Souls II, though, it just gets boring ,exhausting, and frustrating. Consider a single Ruin Sentinel Enemy as a boss. Not too hard right? Instead of upping the difficulty by designing a more interesting and challenging move set or even just upping the damage and health, they designers of Dark Souls II upped the difficulty by placing three of them in the same room. Again, this could have made for a great highlight, but they do it so frequently that it’s just another annoyance.

It’s this point which makes me the saddest. The others I can write of as the team just not managing to capture the magic of the previous games, but this one comes off as a the team not understanding what people even liked about the previous Souls games. No one wanted difficulty for difficulty’s sake.
>>384999513
????????????
>>
>>384999542
Perhaps you would be more at home on reddit

DLC and Season Pass

I know this is common now a days, but launching the game with already confirmed DLC and an already available season pass is, to me, an unacceptable business practice. I only list it here as it was really nice how Dark Souls I was free of that. The DLC was announced only as an add on after base game was allready popular. This is the way DLC is supposed to work. I realize this point, (and perhaps the previous point to some extent) is not completely the fault of the developers, and probably mostly the fault of the publisher, but they remain problems nonetheless.

There are more, smaller, issues, but these are, to me, the main ones and the ones which most motivate me to label Dark Souls II as the worst in the series. If you haven’t, and by your details it seems you haven’t, played the first Dark Souls you absolutely should. It’ll answer you question for you, I guarantee it. If you have a PS3, Demon’s Souls is absolutely worth playing as well.
>>
>>384993424
Why do you care about what any fanbase thinks?
>>
>>384999425
>This is a huge step back from the previous two games, where the NPC’s were strong, independent characters who interacted with the world and eachother regardless of the player’s involvement, and who had clear personal motivations for doing so
>des
>das
b8
Das2 had 6 npc fucking around the world and interacting with each other
In des there was only Yurt who didn't stay in the enxus or in his vendor spot in the world
In das it was lautrec and cleric guy, with others just here for you to learn their spells and going off to dying
>Sure there healing consumables, but they were rare/valuable, so I would say healing was still always limited. In Dark Souls II, you can easily buy as many lifegems as you want, and you can even use them faster than your estus! The very nicely tuned balance of health and healing resources present in the first Dark Souls was absent in the second
You could farm 99 humanity from fucking first rat
And unlike gems humanity was fast as fuck
>>
TL;DR it's a good game, but a bad Dark Souls.

One of the first things to notice is the absence of Dark Souls original creator,Hidetaka Miyazaki (not to be confused with Studio Ghibli's Miyazaki). He is a mastermind of game design in my opinion, therefore I'm going to compare Dark Souls 2 with its predecessor, Dark Souls 1. I won't compare it to Dark Souls 3 as it would be unfair since they learned from their mistakes from previous games (and it shows). Without further delay, let's answer this question:

Level design: Dark Souls 2 has a good level design, but it's awful for a Dark Souls ( when compared to Dark Souls 1). You see, Dark Souls 1 has the best level design I've ever seen, hands down, most areas are connected to the “headquarter” area, Firelink Shrine, be it by a hidden door or an elevator, you can be playing for 4 hours straight, going through 6 differents areas, take an elevator and get to Firelink Shrine asking yourself how the fuck you got there when you were so far away. The verticality of Dark Souls 1 is excellent. Now, Dark Souls 2 on the other hand, you get to the “headquarter” area of the game, Majula, and you can go 2 directions to start, unlocking another 2 after many hours of gameplay. There isn't a single area that connects back to Majula. Plus being limited to 2 areas at the start of the game takes all the freedom Dark Souls 1 gave you, sure you will have a hard time if you want to head directly to the Catacombs but you still can. The traps are straight unfair, there's a door you have no way of knowing there's a lethal fall in the other side, unnecessary as fuck. Some traps of DS2 are unavoidable, which is why is unfair, it's like a bunch of Dark Souls fans said “Difficulty is what makes a Dark Souls good, nothing more” and made DS2 levels.
>>384999756
>Siegmeyer and Solaire and Ostrava and Benhart don't count because I say so. Also I'm not going to list the so called "active" NPC's.
>>
>>384999553
>It seems clear that with Dark Souls II, maximizing the raw difficulty was a goal of the designers. The worst way this manifests itself is in the ridiculous abundance of groups of multiple powerful enemies placed next to eachother
My favorite lie about das2
There literally almost no time in the game where you need to fight more than 2 enemies at once
And if you actually explore level you can ambush 90% of "npc ambushs"
But of course inane das2 hater doesn't consider it as a "he previous souls games were hard because they forced you to pay attention to the game, to items, weapons, stats, enemies, NPC’s, etc. Both to find your way in the game world and to succeed in combat. Neither took that much more mechanical skill than the average game out there, but both took a lot more focus and attention, and patience, which is where difficulty came from."
>>
File: peacefulcrow.png (7KB, 324x716px) Image search: [Google]
peacefulcrow.png
7KB, 324x716px
>Most replayable
>Best armour
>Best weapon variety
>Best spell variety
>Best DLC
>Best NPCs
>Best PvP

I guess people just really hate adaptability, soul memory, and the highs not being quite as high as DaS (even though the DaS2 lows aren't nearly as low). But those are valid criticisms and people are entitled to their opinion.
>>
>>384999635
Op doesn't, just wants to wank about how his favorite game is the best.

>>384998847
>>
>>384999756
But ds1 is better game so its fine stupid retard
>>
>>384993424

Because you're a redd*tor
>>
What pissed me off most about DaS2 PvE was how even big-ass enemies were always faster than you
If you used anything bigger than a straight sword, you'd often find yourself in a situation where your attack animation is longer than their wind-down + wind-up for the next attack so you'd have to desperately roll away after your attack
>>
>>384999354
You say that, but then forget about the fact that basically everywhere in the game is a 5 minute walk away from fire link shrine by the time you get to the end, and the fact that none of the shortcuts are obscure or hard to miss, in fact most require you to be blind to miss.

You rarely backtrack through any content because after your first clear of an area you will have found a shortcut at the end of it allowing you to simply skip it.

Once you know what you are doing it takes less than 5 minutes to get from fire link shrine all the way down to the bed of chaos. I would argue the world loses a lot of its charm because of this, you are confronted with how cramped it really all is, and the fact that you were playing in a massive sprawling world was an illusion created by you not knowing the area or how to get passed enemies. After walking the same route for the Nth time that goes flying out of the window.

Your first playthrough feels like quelaag is miles away and it has taken you a long and arduous journey to get there. Then after playing for a while longer you realize she is basically within earshot of your first spawn.
>>
>>384999946
Lie.
Just keep lying its funny.
Sad mad das2 haters.
>>
>>385000126
Hm? I liked the game generally, and I don't give a fuck about shitposting which one in the series is the best
Go ahead and try attacking something basic like a turtle knight or a 2H sword sentinel in Heide's tower with a claymore.
>>
>>385000236
He falseflags as me
>>
Dark souls 1 have epic bosses creative shortcuts deep npcs and good design overall. That is why ds2 falls short, keep crying ds2 fags have some taste
>>
>>385000236
Not him but I'm playing it now with a greatsword. There are no enemies that don't have a window of attack. You can attack turtle knights directly after their overhead strike for instance. You should have no issues with a claymore.
>>
File: 1475452530404.jpg (269KB, 1597x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1475452530404.jpg
269KB, 1597x1075px
>>384993424
It didn't live up to the hype OP. Everyone who loved the first one got excited at it's announcement, got even more excited by the trailers, only to be disappointed by a game which wasn't as good as the first. Sure, it kept the Souls style combat, but that's pretty much all it did. It ruined it's level design by adding far too many bonfires and practically having no shortcuts. The world design didn't link up very well and the characters and atmosphere weren't very engaging compared to the previous two souls games. And to top it all off, one of the massive new features they were supposed to implement was rendered useless. The downgrade ruined the lighting which the torch feature was supposed to work around. To be fair, it did add a fuckton of new weapons and cool new features like dualstancing, but in the end it came off feeling worse than the first. I remember beating it and thinking I would have enjoyed more DLC for the first game instead, or hell, a whole new game just designed around the first game. Think Gothic II, where it was just the same game, but with a different map/characters/story whatever, they didn't fuck with the mechanics.

Also >>384999528
Not really sure why they fucked with the artstyle but the game looked awful, it felt slower too, not sure if the movement speed actually was, but some animations definitely were.
>>
>>385000303
Are you a poorfag? Can't you simply own and enjoy all the fromsoftware games? It isn't like any of them are bad games that are an unplayable mess. The souls series doesn't suffer from the star wars effect, where the sequelprequels are so bad, people to this day wish they are declared non canon.
This really feels like a case of the series overal being really good, so people are going out of their way to find things to argue over, since arguing in a thread is more fun than everyone agreeing on the games being overal good games.

Then again if the worst that can be said about a game is that it isn't quite like its golden standard predecessor, then I suppose the series really is fucking good, so there's that.
>>
>>385000429
>It ruined it's level design by adding far too many bonfires and practically having no shortcuts
Almost all zones had some types of shortcuts, if we take vanilla release lost bastille alone was better interconnected than any das zone
So, guess you lying
>and the characters and atmosphere weren't very engaging compared to the previous two souls games
Very strange problem, all das not shit tier characters were rehashed from das but you stull call them "engaging"
>a game which wasn't as good as the first. Sure, it kept the Souls style combat, but that's pretty much all it did
>>384994956
>>
>>385000745
Stfu ds2 is just bad,fucking retard
>>
It was just too easy, lack of boss variety, and soul memory was weird

it's probably a 5 or a 6/10
>>
DS3>DS1>BB>DS2>non-nostalgia-and/or-hipster-goggle-version of demon souls.

BB could be above DS1, possibly even the best of the series, but to me personally the level design was too unvaried (nature of the setting, but still), having to farm blood vials was beyond annoying and the loading times were unforgivable.
>>
>>384999454
>Hardly, you can skip right past entire sections of the game and never know.
There are a handful of optional areas in the game.
Smouldering Lake.
Consumed King's Garden -> Untended Graves.
Archdragon Peak.
The 2 DLC areas.
That is all of them. The mandatory progression through the rest of the game then has 3 opportunities to choose which of 2 paths you want to complete first (As the game will stonewall your progress at some point along one path if you don't finish the other).

DaS1 has less generous iframes and roll stamina costs though. Getting heavy armor and poise also generally cost a lot of stat investment.

>>384999861
There are several times this does happen though. It's not significantly more abundant than DaS3 for instance but you do often have to fight larger groups.
>>
>>385000937
Dark souls 1 level layouts were actually pretty linear but visually more pleasing besides the generic level design(castle, swamp etc).Dark Souls had better world design but individual levels werent reslly that impressive
>>
>>385000952
So a poorfag it is. RE6 is a bad game, Tom Clancy the division is a bad game, ME androautism is a bad game. DaS2 is not a bad game, it just isn't as good as DaS1
>>
>>385001121
>bb
>having to farm blood vials
This is how you know that person's opinion is trash
>loading times were unforgivable.
Was fixed pretty fast, and if take "only vanilla release" than das and das3 should be t bottom
>>
>>385001121
Trash opinion. I wont even bother adressing why your opinion is completely retarded
>>
>>384993424
How many fucking times do we need to have this dumb bait thread you stupid shitposter? This is why everyone hates soulsfags.
>>
>>385001258
I have all the soulsborne games and dlcs.Only bb and ds 1 are good cuz they are simply better games than your trash souls 2 kek
>>
>>385001121
BB>DS1=DS3>DES>DS2
>>
>>385001214
Still selective memory imo. DaS1 is pretty linear, it in fact has to be. It is linear at the beginning and as you open the various shortcuts you get to use them at the end to choose in what order you want to fill the lordvessel. Before that point however you are following a very linear path. This is a great thing if you ask me by the way, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, but let's not act like DaS1 had a wide open world that let you do whatever and go wherever from the get go.

Also havel's ring let you forego any heavy stat investment, all you had to do was give up your ninjaflipping in favor of fast rolling to make room for havel's ring.
>>
>>385000937
I said
>practically having no shortcuts
not that it didn't have any. The ones they had were all pretty useless (ie; not practical) because of how short the levels were and how frequent the bonfires were. I feel like Dark Souls II tried to make it's levels far too complex, but in doing so cut length, negating the reason for having so much stuff in there. Perhaps I just prefer the longer and more linear levels of the first to the shorter yet more convoluted levels of the second, not that this means I found them difficult to navigate, but more that there was little point to exploring them completely. Then again, it's more the inter-connectivity of the levels which really made the Dark Souls levels good, not their design itself. Dark Souls III went back and tried more linear a level design but didn't do the inter-connectivity very well resulting in a shit show.

>all das not shit tier characters were rehashed from das
I assume you mean from Demon's Souls and I would tend to agree, but in the original the few good characters actually appeared consistently throughout the game, in the second I only really remember seeing that girl with the weird hat more than once.

On a side note, please learn to type properly.

>>385001121
Dark Souls = Demon's Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls III = Dark Souls II
>>
File: 1491654037717.png (287KB, 642x1574px) Image search: [Google]
1491654037717.png
287KB, 642x1574px
>>384993424
>Why does the majority of the souls fanbase hate this game soo much?

>5 reasons why Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin is still better than Bloodborne

>So we all agree that DS2 are the greatest Souls game

>Dark Souls 2 was a flawed diamond
Dark Souls 3 might be more slick and feels better to play, but it did not have even half of the new interesting ideas Dark Souls 2 had

>I still can't comprehend why /v/ loves das3 so much
From and Miyazaki literally sacrificed everything for the "muh cinematic experience"
Everything felt so safe and sterile it's not even funny

EVERY FUCKING DAY
>>
File: 111713 (2).jpg (50KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
111713 (2).jpg
50KB, 331x321px
>>385002016
>>
Shit game
Shit Souls game
>>
>>385001724
DaS1 wasn't that linear.
You could to revisit the Asylum rather quickly once you unlocked the elevator. You could choose how to progress through the starting areas and which bell you wanted to ring first if you had the masterkey. You could skip the depths and most of blight town entirely that way as well. You could kill 4kings first if you wanted to. You could go down and kill pinwheel and even progress a bit through the tomb of giants until you were blocked by orange fog. You could get a bit into Lost Izalith before the orange fog as well.
You had a lot more choice as to which order you wanted to progress through the game in DaS1 and even DaS2 as opposed to DaS3.
>>
>>384993424
because it's shit
>movement is complete garbage, locked to 4 directions
>bosses are complete filler
>fanservice everywhere, with bosses having descriptions that remount to " 'member this guy from DS1? i 'member" without anything else
>doesn't follow up on DS1's threads
>hammers the cycle cancer that fucked up the lore beyond belief over and over again
>area design is fucking terrible and incredibly obnoxious to navigate thanks to the fact that you're constantly outnumbered by powerful enemies all the damn time
>soundtrack is embarrassingly bad
>environments are repeated texture ad nauseum with no decorations
>Soul Memory

Its only good thing was the excellent Poise equipment variety.
>>
>>384993424
I can't speak for everyone, but I personally had a huge problem with how floaty the combat is, from the weapon impact sounds to the simple movement, rolling and swinging weapons. No weight to it, like a gaping flaw that everyone ignored during the game's design, I can't explain it. DaS3 restoring this impact and weight to the combat was the main reason I vastly preferred it over 2.
>>
>>384994032
>Das3 loses online activity faster than any souls game before in that time period, people amde their choice
how so?
there's 11k concurrent people on Dark Souls 3
>>
>Replies 128
>Posters 45
DaS2 Fanboys Are Crazy
>>
File: 2enyap[1].png (80KB, 676x332px) Image search: [Google]
2enyap[1].png
80KB, 676x332px
>>385002157
>"reviewer" score over user score
>>
I'm tired of explaining why DaS2 is trash, this feels so surreal. It used to be common knowledge that DaS2 was like a bootleg game, nothing short of an insult when compared to the likes of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Honestly, fuck you for making me say that shit, just the fact that you like DaS2 makes me think you're a special snowflake faggot desperately trying to stand out. You are nobody, nobody cares if you like shit games, get it through your thick fucking skull and keep enjoying shut garbage bootleg games in silence.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is literally the epitome of generic aspects that were created within souls franchise.From level art to characters, everything feels a charicaturized verdion of DS1.Even the shortcuts or the levels themselves are very stale with no innovation.The only strong aspect of DS3 were some of the boss battles but even then most of thm were boring gimmicks.
>>
>>385001264
>fixed
No, loading times are still atrocious. The fact that this is not on the PC compounds the problem; there is no alternative. The loads would be bearable in other series, but in a series that sells itself as "prepare to die" it is absolutely unforgivable. Yes it is better than it was at release, but then at release it was so bad it was on the verge of ruining the game.
Honestly, I dreaded the loading screen more than anything else in the game. In DaS when I die I groan and then replay the section again hoping I can collect my souls before I die again, buttcheeks clenched as I dive right back in.
In BB when I die, I go make myself tea.
>>
>>385002651
>memes
> buzzwords
Okay
>>
>>384993424
Dark Souls 2 does everything in it's power to slow the player down
>all attacking animations are slower than in any other game in the series
>stamina recovers slower
>if your stamina bar empties you have to wait for it to refill completely before sprinting again
>ADP causes your character to take a thousand years to use estus and other items at the start of the game, and makes rolling nonviable
>DaS2 character moves like a drunken turtle in comparison to the player characters of the other games
>all zones filled with 99999 turtling or stunlock-happy enemies who attack you 10 at all time, all to slow down your progress as much as possible
>can be backstabbed while entering fog walls just in case you thought you could get away with making boss runs efficiently
>sotfs adds petrified guys everywhere because the increased freedom of progression in das2 was definitely something worth rolling back
These changes make the game less fun to play, especially on repeat playthroughs. DaS2's insistence on trying to force you to slow down shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes souls gameplay good (you are allowed to go as fast as you like). In addition,
>levels are boring. There are a lot of them but none of them have any real amount of branching paths, secrets, shortcuts, etc (except the Gutter). The majority of them are nothing but glorified hallways filled with nothing but dudes to fight. No reward for exploration.
>These levels are often appallingly ugly as well. DaS2 looked awful.
>Lots of bosses with boring, uninspired movesets that feel almost identical to the normal mobs throughout the level, and to each other.
>Fucked up geography.
>Story and new lore is an incoherent mess.
>SM and arena duels ruining the multiplayer.
>>
>>385002796
What memes and buzzwords?
>>
>>385002870
>bootleg game
>special snowflake
>a bunch of insults since you cant form a cohorent argument that is consistent in itself
Sums a guy like you up
>>
>>385002823
I believe DaS2 is the weakest in the series, but all YOUR complaints can be addressed with the age old "git gud".
>>
>>385003213
All his complaints are perfectly valid. If you don't see a massive difference between DS2 and DS1/3 level design and enemy placement, then your eyes need to "git gud".
>>
>>385003294

Level design in 3 all looks like randomly generated SHIT.
>>
>>385002283
>if you had the masterkey

You can get to Queelag first even without the masterkey or without killing Capra, you just have to go to DarkRoot -> Valley of Drakes -> Blightown (second entrance)
>>
>>384993424
>"Hurr Durr. It's not as good as 1 or 3 so it had to be as bad as Superman 64."
>>
>>385001742
>DeS
>anywhere but last

lol
>>
>>385002284
>hammers the cycle cancer that fucked up the lore beyond belief over and over again
Your post is retarded, just like you
But this is jsut too much
In the end of das there only 2 possible outcomes after you link fire
>Souls reset and all hollows can die again, new age of prosperty until fire starts dying again
>Des style, you only make fire a little bit stronger, half of world is still zombie infested shithole and when undead curse kick in again someone else needs to link fire
Both are cycles
>outnumbered by powerful enemies all the damn time
Lie, just don't run around collecting mobs
>soundtrack is embarrassingly bad
Second best soundtrack in the series, all des main theme remix was especially good
>Soul Memory
Allowed to have second biggest range for summon, right after bloodborne with it's 40 +/- levels
>fanservice everywhere, with bosses having descriptions that remount to " 'member this guy from DS1? i 'member" without anything else
Was a problem since das
At least das2 also has many neat KF references like tree shield description
>>
>>385003213
>if you didn't like it literally the only explanation for it MUST be that you were too bad at the game!
Haha ebin projection, mein friend
>>
>>385002651
As a des fan, das was pretty insulting for me
And not only me
Why are you bringing des to your shitposting, das pc kid?
>>
I am not qualified to review the game because have not beaten it. That being said, I started it right after beating DaS1, which I loved and I couldn't even get past the hub area of DaS2. Everything felt like a cheap knockoff. The graphics looked like cartoony anime shit instead of DaS1's gritty dark fantasy theme.
The overall feel of the game was just such a turnoff that I had to quit playing the game and go back to 1
>>
File: 1498213232390.png (360KB, 4844x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1498213232390.png
360KB, 4844x1728px
>>385002651
Mechanically, DS2 has more in common with DS1 than DS3 has with DS1

DS3 is the real bootleg, basically BB mod with a DS skin.
>>
File: e43.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
e43.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>385003715
>I haven't played it but it's shit
>>
From only tried with 3 soulsborne games
Des, das2 and bloodborne
Both das and das3 felt cheap as fuck, like developers didn't even gave a fuck about them before releasing
>>
>>385003832
DS1 is better in ever way compare to DeS.
>>
>>385003715
>actually talks shit about armor design of 3 eve though it has the best looking armor designs so far
Off yourself just right now
>>
>>385003829
>I am not qualified to review the game because have not beaten it
learn to read, retard. I also never said the game is shit, I merely stated the few reasons which turned me off from keeping to play it.

>>385004017
w-what?
>>
>>384993424
Has terrible PvE,
>>
>>384999871
>even though the DaS2 lows aren't nearly as low
Most of DaS2's areas felt like I was suffering through Lost Izalith except not it's the entire game so I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I'm at a complete loss as to any areas I liked from an entire playthrough, even the DLC areas were painful to go through despite everyone singing their praises. The Gutter would probably be the only area I actually like and even that I'm hesitating to say I like because I only like it after you light all the torches.
>>
>>385003587
>Lie, just don't run around collecting mobs
Iron Keep
>>
>>385003919
>worse visuals
>worse npc
>weapon moveset was garbage compared to des
>moonlight sword now requires wothless stats like str
>pvp invasions don't cost anything to the invader
>Major feature like covenants wasn't finished
>Upgrade paths became braindead and don't make any sense
>Second half of game
>Character is sourse of light instead of crystal on your waist like in des
>Bosses were literally jsut placed in some zones instead of having any meaning behind them like in the des
>Some bosses don't drop boss soul, you can try to find lore reason for it, but Miyazaki said that they just didn't had enough time
>>
>>385004092
You haven't even played 1% of it, eat shit.
>>
>>385004215
No need to fight with more than 2 mobs at the same time
>>
File: 1429372340320.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429372340320.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Im gonna use this shit thread to roll my build.
>>
File: 1496332229267.png (10KB, 507x401px) Image search: [Google]
1496332229267.png
10KB, 507x401px
>>385004232
>>
File: 1500647900237.jpg (837KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1500647900237.jpg
837KB, 1920x2160px
>>385004293
except for the multiple situations where the game force aggroes 3 enemies on you.
>>
>>385004294
Rolling ggggbg
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>385004319
Name me at least single instance where dark souls looks better than des
>>
>>385004259
how does that in any way invalidate my point? the overall feel of the game was shit so I stopped. problem?
>>
File: 20170724012906_1.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724012906_1.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
>>385004294
Sweet. Never seen one for 2 before.
>>
>>385003667
I imported DeS back in '09 when it wasn't available in europe, don't you dare call me a das pc kid. DaS is a worthy sequel to Demon's.
>>
>>385000370
I said that most of their attacks are like that, not all of them
It's just annoying that a turtle with a big-ass hammer is generally faster than you in recovering after a strike
Incidentally, IIRC the overhead smash actually has shorter recovery than their short right to left swing
>>
How did you guys know that you have to burn the windmill? totally bullshit this part
>>
>>385005273
I didn't, I had to beat that shitty boss with the poison. What a crappy, nonsensical game.
>>
>>385005361
for curiosity, what build and wepon did you use?
>>
>>385005538
Fuck if I remember, some curved sword? I played it on release up to and including ng+ then never touched it again, I've been actively trying to forget it ever existed since then.
>>
>>384993424
Scholar of the first sin fixed all the mistakes from the first version of this pile of shit
>>
>>385006250
No it didn't
>>
File: 532535523.jpg (69KB, 518x278px) Image search: [Google]
532535523.jpg
69KB, 518x278px
>>385005273
Got spoiled on it. Which was kinda inevitable since I dropped the game in lost bastille and didn't come back for like 2 years.

Dlc areas I got to play through blind
>>
File: 91 part 2.png (518KB, 630x735px) Image search: [Google]
91 part 2.png
518KB, 630x735px
It wasn't their first souls experience.
>>
>>385005273
Don't you explore and experiment in games? It was a super weird out of the way path, it was obvious SOMETHING was there.
>>
>>385004294
Whips pls.
>>
>>385004294
Say what you will, DaS2 has a lot of replayability and the best fashion souls.
>>
>>385006776
Shut the fuck up retard calling that shit obvious, fuck off and kill yourself. DaS2 apologists are so goddamn retarded I swear to god
>>
File: CeFY-R5XEAQCFqM.jpg (76KB, 536x464px) Image search: [Google]
CeFY-R5XEAQCFqM.jpg
76KB, 536x464px
>>385004294
>>
>>385007108
I and many other people found it easily. It's sad you get this upset that you couldn't figure something out.
>>
>>384993424
Okay, I'm just gonna list all the issues that I have with the game having just completed it for the first time a while ago.

The bosses in this game are awful. This is by far the biggest problem. With Dark Souls II From really embraced quantity over quality and made a huge amount of mediocre or straight up awful battles. You have the rehashes (Belfry Gargoyles, Najka, Old Dragonslayer, Twin Dragonriders, Blue Smelter Demon, Lud & Zallen), the gank fights (Skeleton Lords, Gargoyles, Sentinels, Rat Vanguard, Rat Authority, Twin Dragonriders, Congregation, Throne Watcher & Defender, Afflicted Gank Squad, Lud & Zallen, Elana), the big/fat enemies that are too slow to pose any type of threat (Last Giant, Rotten, Covetous Demon, Demon of Song, Nashandra) and the ones that essentially feel like you're fighting just a normal enemy with a bit more health (Pursuer, Sentry, Lost Sinner, Mytha, Velstadt, Dragonrider). At least 90% of the boss battles in DS2 are just straight up forgettable in terms of design and music and most of them are way too easy too. The game literally has three (3) good boss battles, none of which are part of the main game (Sir Alonne, Burnt Ivory King and Fume Knight).

Then there's the weapon durability system. Was the previous system seen in DeS and DaS really so bad that they had to force you to unequip your favorite weapon between bonfires because it was at <10% durability? If it ain't broken, don't fucking fix it.

And speaking of things that didn't need fixing, how about the leveling system. Again, was this really a problem in the first Dark Souls game? Why do you always have to go back to Majula? This doesn't increase the difficulty at all since you can fast travel between all bonfires in the game so you can always just warp back to Majula, level up and go back to where you were, but what purpose does this serve then? Well, probably just to waste your fucking time. (Cont.)
>>
>>384993424
Dark Souls 2 has uniquely awful internal level design working in association with awful external world design that do the opposite of complement each other. This is compounded by the poor sense of aesthetic (or art design if you prefer) working together with PS2 era graphics which are both magnified by the fact that we were promised an amazing looking game and didn't get it. So every aspect of the environment, from how it connects to how it plays to how it looks to what you're meant to imagine it looks like is bad.

This wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing except that DaSII couldn't even maintain the same gameplay as the first two games and in trying to switch it up and fix it (admirable goal) broke it beyond belief. It's slow and clunky mechanically but oddly floaty visually and there's no second to second enjoyment to be found at all.

As a result of this dark souls 2 is an abysmal experience, truly awful to play. I can't ignore the visuals for the gameplay because the gameplay is bad and I can't ignore the gameplay for the visual experience because that's even worse.
>>
>>385004470
Everywhere that isn't the title screen.

Someone extracted textures off both versions and a lot of enviorment textires in DeS are 256x256 compared to DS1's usual 512x512 and 1024x1024

DS1 has an engine that streams content instead of having fixed levels that are 100% loaded in the memory at the loading screen so it can afford a decent bumb in textures and lighting.
>>
>>385007283
Reading online messages doesn't mean you found it by yourself autists, shut your fucking mouth with that shit. You retards are getting crazier every thread, you've already claimed that ADP and SM is fine, that level design enjoyment is subjective and that an interconnected world is not that great but you will not justify this horrid game design too.

Fuck off and kill yourselves you easily impressed low-standard garbage players.
>>
>>385004470
literally everywhere.
>>
>>385007303
DS2 durability is the best and never an issue if you're not a katana cuck.
>>
>>385004294
ROLLAN

Come on Claws
>>
>>385007613
This is wrong.

DaS2 durability is a theoretically good idea but like so much of the DaS2 experience is incredibly poorly executed.
>>
File: image.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
Best level design ever
>>
>>385007303
>>385007453
Nice pasta.
>>
>>385007303
>bosses
I still remember how fucking ridiculous Heide's Tower was
>Dragonrider
>just circle around and attack when his hitstring goes wide
>Dragonslayer
>just circle around and attack when his hitstring goes wide, while laughing at how ineffective an unpowered Ornstein is on his own
>dragon (I started with SotFS)
>just hug his feet and attack when he stops stomping
Didn't die to any of them even once, a goddamn Heide Knight was more trouble than any of those
>>
File: 1401826043198.png (358KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1401826043198.png
358KB, 630x630px
>>385007620
>Sorceror
>whip
>no magics
WELL FUCK
>>
File: 5lOC6oG.jpg (237KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5lOC6oG.jpg
237KB, 1024x1024px
>>385004294
>>
>>385007781
first guy's not me champ, he's still typing the second half of his tl;dr up I think
>>
>>385007781
Even if it is pasta it doesn't make it any less true you pathetic special snowflake das2 apologist
>>
>>385007676
you have 3 weapons slots for a reason, it's never an issue now that the "hitting corpses destroys durability" got fixed

The only level I ever ran out of durability was No man's wharf and just when I opened the shortcut so I just had to refresh at the bonfire and continue where I left off via the shortcut.
>>
>>384994032
>Das2 hate comes from the pc das kids mostly and underage retards who were born after 90s
What the ever loving fuck does this even mean? Your whole post is completely retarded, but this is the cherry on the sundae
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
Only /v/irgins talk shit about DaS2. Mainly thanks to their favourite youtuber, matthewphimosis.
>>
>>385007921
don't even pretend to argue that you're meant to simultaneously upgrade three weapons at once
>>
>>385007921
I once ran out of durability because I didn't notice the acid lakes at the bottom of the hole you can fall into in the Shaded Ruins
>>
>>385007807
>ust circle around and attack when his hitstring goes wide
I could do it in literally all souls borne games since des, well in borne you needed to jump from melee zones sometimes
I have blade of mercy ng+ run, and holy shit just jumping in circle and do attack combo works as a charm against everyone except logarius first phase
>>
>>385007956
You have that backwards, only /v/ (reddit) thinks highly of DaS2 because it's the unpopular thing to do and by /v/'s retarded logic unpopular=cool
I can't think of a single reason why one would like DaS2 other than being absolutely braindead retarded.
>>
>>385008075
My point was simply that the eternal circles is what you use against every regular enemy and it works against these bosses perfectly
You can't eternally circle shit like Quelaag or Stray Demon who have AoE attacks, and sometimes it's better to stay at the mid range (Gaping Dragon)
>>
>>385008007
No, you should have at least a backup +3 weapon if you have spare shards and you main weapon is already past +3, that way you're not doing garbage damage

And the game is much more fun with 2 main weapon, usually a fast one and a slow heavy one.
Really helps having options for certain encounters, like spears for rats and dogs and a claymore for poise breaking big enemies
>>
>>385008214
>Quelaag
You can
> Stray Demon
Run back and forward, not beeter than circle, I would call it even more boring
But hey, Can you circle freija or any dragon, or fucking demon of the song? No
Even from humanoid knights it doesn't work against everyone, there a mirror knigh for example
>>
>>385008276
What you should be doing is not be playing garbage games but sadly your shit taste can't be helped.
>>
>>385007303
(Cont.)
Then there were the numerous technical issues that I experienced, most of them having something to do with input lag or inputs just not registering at all. There were a lot of cases where I wanted to use an Estus so I press the item button and nothing happens. Same thing with swapping between two-handed and one-handed modes. I want to use my shield so I try switching out from two-handed mode, only to find out two seconds later that I'm blocking with my weapon. Both of these happened multiples times throughout the game even though I never experienced anything like this in DeS or DaS so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me fucking around. Then there were the awful hitboxes, especially against enemies that use spears or greatswords. I swear I got damaged so many times during the game even though an attack clearly didn't hit me.

And then there was a weird issue with Rapiers. Quite often when I was locked into an enemy and I tried to attack from behind a shield the rapier would attack at a completely wrong direction, like 90 degrees off or something. Again, this happened many times with different rapiers and it was really a pain in the ass when you're locked into an enemy in front of you and your character is just poking to the right or left while you're getting beaten. God knows how many weapons have issues like this.

>>385007613
>katana cuck
Quilty as charged, although I used other weapons too. Nevertheless, it's a sign of bad game design that the durability system heavily discourages the use of certain weapons. I had these same issue with the Ice Rapier and Black Knight Halberd too, especially in areas like Frozen Eleum Loyce where the distances between bonfires are very long and there's a gank waiting for you behind every corner.

>>385007781
Not a pasta, but it's not surprising that a DS2 apologist couldn't think of any other reply.

>>385007807
Exactly my experiences with the game.
>>
>>384993424
It doesn't have Patches. Therefore it's dogshit.
>>
>>385002363
>>Replies 210
>>Posters 59
WOW
>>
>>385007956
nice one
why don't you post the 7.2 PC version?

Dark Souls 2 is fucking shit because it doesn't have weapon scabbards.
>>
>>385008351
I was just pointing out that that was the first string of bosses I encountered so I compared it to DS1 ones
I'm not trying to rate any of them for how boring they are, I'm just saying not even dying once because there's no pattern to figure out is ridiculous
>>
>>385008454
That's a vocal minority for you, DaS2 apologists are the SJW's of the souls community
>>
>>385008374
> Nevertheless, it's a sign of bad game design that the durability system heavily discourages the use of certain weapons.

These weapons have a lot of positives, they needed a nerf.
plus there's the repair speed mid way through the game and you can use incense on it to lower it to 10 or 8 int and it still has full potency so you can use it with any fucking build.
>>
>>385008584
>These weapons have a lot of positives, they needed a nerf.
Says who you fucking retard? Your pvp fightclub? Fuck off and kys
>>
>>385008571
DS2 has a better steam user rating that DS3, not even close to "most hated souls game"

We're about as much of as minority as the "shy Trump voters that don't exist and he will NEVER EVER win the Presidency"
>>
>>384994032
t. Someone who didnt play vanilla ds2
It was garbage. You werent here early 2014, your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>385008743
Oh yes, steam user ratings, the end all be all of video game critics. Kys retard
>>
>>385008681
>good speed
>good scaling
>fantastic ruining attacks (borderline OP)
>great roll catch attacks
>decent roll attacks
>best DPS of dex weapons

No just basic facts that you can read on the Wikis.
>>
>>384993424
Its flaws should be very glaring and obvious. Try playing it.
>>
(not that guy)
So you just gotta circle around someone until they start doing the animation that does an aoe and run away
Then run back and circle strafe again

I like das over das2 but seriously dude
The bosses aren't that special
>>
>>385008743
DS2 has the worst metacritic ratings.
What the fuck is your point?
>>
>>385008896
You went from talking about what the majority of users thinks to what "muh professional critics" think
Goalpost moving detected, you lose
>>
>>385008898
>>good speed
>>good scaling
>>fantastic ruining attacks (borderline OP)
>>great roll catch attacks
>>decent roll attacks
>>best DPS of dex weapons
So?
>>
>>385008998
No other weapons have all those, thus they have a durability penalty.
Makes perfect sense since IRL Kastanas are fragile.
>>
>>385009097
I'm sure an IRL two-handed sword would also break if you chopped at a giant armored enemy with it
>>
>>385008968
Yes, I was talking about what the majority of users ON /v/ think. Are you actually legitimately retarded? I actually feel bad for telling you to kill yourself now.

>moving the goal posts
>ur strawmaning!!
>that's occam's razor!!
/v/ retards trying to sound intelligent is always a hilarious phenomenon
>>
>>385009179
At launch the majority of /v/ was enjoying the gameplay of DS2 but disliked the level design.

"DS1 world + DS2 combat/gameplay = best game ever" posts were rampant.
>>
>>385009097
Oh sorry, I was under the impression we were playing a VIDEO GAME. There were always broken as shit weapons in souls, it's what made running through the game with prior knowledge exciting. Then you fucking retards came along spouting "muh balance" as if this is some kind of MOBA. Do the world a favor and stop ruining beloved game series by killing yourself, hopefully today.
>>
>>385008823
Wow, that denial
Typical das pc kid
I was in fandom since des release
Shame cancer like you ruined game by forcing "every boss should be a duel boss like my favorite arthorias" meme
>>
>>384993424
I'm real tired of the retarded "It's a good game, but not a good Souls game" when DS2's biggest crimes are being fucking ugly and being so big that the quality suffers in some areas where you can pretty much see the negative space where the game wasn't finished all the way. It's like a 8/10 compared to DS1/Bloodborne's 9/10 and DS3's 7/10.

DS2 still provides an interesting world to explore with plenty of neat lore to uncover, challenging but fair enemies (and no, the game doesn't throw too many enemies at you) and its share of good boss fights. It at least has its own story to tell and felt original where DS3 just felt like we had seen it all before with the set pieces of the series were repeating themselves and wasn't confident enough in its own ideas (that were actually pretty interesting) to push forwards and instead just fell back on DS1 imagery, I liked the bosses but it just felt like the worst way a game can be a sequel for this series, but it too was still a good Souls game.
>>
>>384995274
>The whole "this wall is randomly destructible but we will give you 0 clues" thing is bullshit.
I actually LIKE this one, for 2 reasons. First of all, it's harkening back to older, harder games where you had this sort of "kneel in front of the wall for a while and a tornado will sweep you away to a new location" shit all the time. More importantly though, Dark Souls has communication between players, where you will see a sign saying "Illusory Wall weakness: attack" or something near the wall, or you can just summon another player and they can show you these tips. It's an odd system, but it's the best thing about Dark Souls overall.
>>
>>385009342
I was here and the entirety of /v/ was shitting on the game 24/7, don't act like you know what you're talking about. It's the reason why that one Mathew video caught on, it resonated with so many fans of the series that literally everyone on /v/ had watched and agreed with it. Then the DaS2 apologists came along calling everyone a bandwagoner for agreeing with that video, which was ironic statement of the year since they are the biggest bandwagoners themselves with their DaS petitions and their desperate attempt to salvage the single game that was planned to release on their platform.
>>
>>385009342
revisionist history
>>
>>385008374
(Cont.)
Then there's the world design which is again, lazy and forgettable like most things in DS2. In the previous games I really enjoyed areas like Tower of Latria, Boletarian Palace, Anor Londo and Undead Parish and Burg, but I just can't think of a single area that compares to these in Dark Souls II. The most memorable area in a positive way for me was, believe it or not, The Gutter, because it was so vastly different from the rest of the game with its eerie atmosphere and the proper use of the torch mechanic. The torch is another thing in the game that was clearly rushed as it was obviously supposed to play a bigger role in the game but at some point they said "Fuck it, we just need to get this game out quickly" so in the end we only got one single area where you actively need it even though the game gives you over two hours of torch time on a single playthrough (can't remember exactly how much of it I had left at the end of the game, probably closer to three hours). The world feels especially bad and downgraded when compared to the excellent interconnected world in the first Dark Souls game which clearly had more though and effort put into it.

Just as a quick reference to my earlier post, Nashandra is by far the easiest final boss in the series and a complete joke. You can literally just go stand next to her and beat the shit out of her, occasionally rolling back to destroy a curse orb and then get back to what you were doing. You don't need to block at all and you very rarely need to dodge either. This is how I beat Nashandra on my first try but I'd be dead in mere seconds if I tried this same strategy against any other final boss in the series.

>>385008898
You could argue that the Sharp Uchigatana in Demon's Souls has all of those same traits but it still doesn't break mid-level even though the sharp upgrade path lowers your weapon durability. Just make sure you fix your equipment whenever you get back to Nexus and you're good.
>>
>>385009524
I'm saying that it's a shit game and an insult as a souls game. How's that for a fresh opinion?
Please keep your enjoyment of garbage games to yourself, nobody cares about your shit taste.
>>
>>384997635
i have a bigger problem with the one in bastille where you roll the barrel down and it feels very inconsistent
>>
File: 1453031762739.jpg (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1453031762739.jpg
11KB, 256x256px
Unironically Base Souls 2 is much better than SOTFS

The fucking gangs of enemies in every corner is fucking retarded and i don't understand faggots eating this shit up. This shit is like a fucking slow musou
>>
>>385009391
You literally weren't here during the 2014 release. You didn't see the s spear memes and the cancer that were hexes. You are an irrelevant sotfsbaby.
>>385009342
That's bait and you know it. It was getting shat on left right and centre.
>>
>>385009346
>Then you fucking retards came along spouting "muh balance" as if this is some kind of MOBA. Do the world a favor and stop ruining beloved game series by killing yourself, hopefully today.

Unbalanced games that offer no challenge and have a "LOL I WIN" weapons are truly, bad, see the Crescent Falscion in Demon's Souls, it destroys everything in the first half of the game in 2-3 hits.
Clearly you have no concept of what makes these games good and simply want more easymode options and weapons despite the game having plenty already.

So go summon 3 bulls and maybe you'll finish the DLCs one day.
Or just use CE and get yourself a dagger with 9999 damage because "LOL FUCK BALANCE"
>>
>>385009709
Why even make a post as shitty as yours if all you are going to do is basically admit you are retarded in public?
>>
>>385009684
Demon Souls balance us utter garbage in every respect, to the point where you can one shot more than half the bosses with some spells, they had no idea what they were doing with most of that game, it was petty much an alpha for much better games.
>>
>>384993424
I dont hate it, I had my fun with the game. It just lacked substance overall and had some real wonky design crud tossed in.
>>
>>384994956
>more spell variety
Even though hexes were annoying to go against, i still miss the shit out of them being their own spell class instead of a mish-mash of other magic types.

That, and they really screwed with forbidden sun in Dark Souls 3. Heck, most spells aren't even fun to use in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>385009727
>>385009596
>>385009587
reddit is down the hall and to the left
>>
>>385009715
SOTFS has less big gangs that ambush you than vanilla, besides the windmill
>>
Feels too sluggish, difficulty was awful. Instead of making harder enemies, we're just gonna throw enemies at you from every direction. Bland colors. Bland levels. Bland hub area.
>>
>>385007303
>>385008374
>>385009684
Such a waste of well-educated constructive criticism. Do you really think that DaS2 fags like their shitty game for any other reason than to seem special? You hear about all these people enjoying DaS2 so much more than the other games then you do some research and you find out that nobody fucking plays this piece of shit game anymore, they just say they do.
Honestly, it's a wasteful thought process to try to explain what is essentially common sense. Dark Souls 2 is objectively far worse than any other entries, I may be subjective in saying that it's a shit game in general but it doesn't change the fact that it's one of the biggest disappointment in video game history, and that's coming from a Diablofag.
>>
>>384993424
I only played SotFS because i skipped the initial release, but from experience it was "trying too hard to be hard" like it was aware that it was a dark souls game and just threw a bunch of stuff at you for no reason other than to say "Haha look at me I'm a Dark Souls game"
>>
DaS2 is a solid 8. Most souls games are a 9. Except 3, which is a 7.
>>
>>385010020
weapon to weapon comparison. DS2 is faster than DS1 though, stuff just costs more stamina so you have to do it in bursts then have pauses of backpedaling or blocking/rolling.
>>
>>385010105
I disagree
3 wasn't just a bad soulsborne game
It was garbage game in general
>>
>>385010105
3 is miles better than 2 in the only thing that matters - PvE.
>>
>>385010039
That's ok, samefag. Just do remember these
>>385006709
>>385007956
>>
>>385009748
>Demon's Souls is bad
Holy shit you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You are the reason Dark Souls 2 is a shit game, please, please kill yourself as soon as possible.

>inb4 no argument
My argument is kill yourself
>>
>>385010105
3 has much more fun gameplay WHICH IS THE ONLY THING THAT FUCKING MATTERS

If you started with BB (like me) going back to DaS3 is like playing an early N64 game. Absolutely unplayable
>>
>>385008962
>>385006709
Anon, I...
>>
>>385010238
>R1 mashing poiseless enemies into stunlocks with your near infinite stamina before they do the same to you

DS3 was a regression to Demon's Souls shitty combat.
>>
>>385010268
Samefag? Do you understand what the term means?

Also where's the SOTFS rating?
>>
The only thing that I liked about DS2 and what kept bringing me back is that it felt like it had better build variety.
>>
>>385010339
>If you started with BB (like me)
Opinion discarded
>>
>>385010339
I think 3 uses the same engine that BB did and it show. It's fine for BB and it's playstyle but in 3 you can solve all problems by rolling, which has no penalty whatsoever.
>>
File: 4TDTfBa.png (55KB, 674x332px) Image search: [Google]
4TDTfBa.png
55KB, 674x332px
>>385010351
>>
>>385010339
Shit, meant DaS2, my bad.

>>385010462
Of course i will start from the best game in the series
>>
>>385010327
Demon's Souls is the weakest souls game in every respect, there's a reason they dropped most of the mechanics and gimmick bosses.
You are simply too dumb to understand what make good game design and just cling to MUH FEELS and nostalgia.
>>
File: obFoFw7.png (65KB, 665x332px) Image search: [Google]
obFoFw7.png
65KB, 665x332px
>>385010482
>>385010351
just in case you're going with the
>"b-but it just has bad scores because it's a re-release!"
also, before you go
>"lol who cares about user ratings"
that's what the original post was about - steam user ratings.
>>
>>385010482
It came out after matthewphimosis video, it shows. That faggot empowered /v/'s shitty taste to no end.
>>
>>385010536
>Demon's Souls is the weakest souls game in every respect, there's a reason they dropped most of the mechanics and gimmick bosses.
What in the fuck are you talking about, retard, every single game after Demon's has been a 1:1 copy of it. Kids these days, so goddamn retarded
>>
>>385010606
see>>385010572
Matthew is right. DS2 is shit. Its only saving grace is equip variety and poise which help PvP a lot. Other than that it's one of the worst games I've played in a very long time.
>>
>>385010572
Nice photoshop there. Here's the actual one >>385007956
>>
>>385010606
>He said this while there is a retarded faggot cunt who did like a 30min video in which he defends DS2 like its some kind of gift from God

Kys DS2tard
>>
File: ds.jpg (102KB, 728x291px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
102KB, 728x291px
>>
>>385010606
Cry more faggot. Why can't you enjoy garbage bootleg games in silence?
>>
Game is garbage on every level and actually made dark souls 1 worse.
>>
>>385010682
>Matthew is right.
Thanks for proving that you only dislike something because an e-celeb that visits here says so.
>>
>>385010682
>DS2 is one of the worst games I've played in a long time
When you say stupid things like this it just empowers DS2 fags even more
>>
>>385010020
DaS2 is indeed sluggish and floaty, but DaS is clunky and stiff. Both are shit compared to BB/DaS3.
> Instead of making harder enemies, we're just gonna throw enemies at you from every direction
I don't understand this. This was also the case in DaS, and it doesn't happen less than in DaS2. Do you have any specific exemples? Because I've never felt like DaS2 is cheap, but I felt like that in almost every level of DaS, be it because of enemy placement or the huge numbers of enemies. DaS2 was fair, DaS was just tedious and frustrating because you know they put the enemy here just to fuck you up.
>Bland colors.
True
>Bland levels.
I don't agree, when you forget the shit colors and garbage geometry, levels are great most of the time and often better than DaS. And DaS2 has good levels from start to finish, while DaS turns to shit after the second bell. Forest of the Fallen giants curbstomps every DaS area except Undead Burg.
>Bland hub area.
Now you're baiting. Even die hard DaS2 haters agree that Majula is the best hub with Hunter's Dream. The hub is literally perfect in every way. God tier music, god tier lore, god tier visual design, god tier NPC, god tier connectivity to other levels.
>>
>>385010682
Is this supossed to be bait?
>>
>>385010734
Dark Souls 2 is my favourite, I have so much fun telling people over the internet I'm playing it all the time. I'm definitely not trying to stand out and seem special.
>>
>>385004294
>>
>>385010798
But he's fucking right, autist. I agree with him BECAUSE he's right. Why can't you spergs understand this simple thing?
>>
>>385009684
(Cont.)
Going back to weapon durability, it must have been hell to play with a dex build on the original 60fps PC version where the weapon wear was tied to frames. Imagine breaking three different weapons when moving from one bonfire to another. Yet another example of the numerous issues the game has/had, most likely due to lack of proper testing because From was desperate to get the game out too quickly.

Just as a final complaint, the tutorial and the early areas of the game are awful and completely void of content. DS2 is the only Souls game without a tutorial boss and whether you decide to go to The Forest of Fallen Giants or Heide's Tower of Flame at the beginning, both are vastly inferior when compared to any other early area in the series. I think Boletarian Palace is one of the finest examples of well designed early areas in any game due to the subtle way it teaches you pretty much everything you need to know about the game design of Demon's Souls, and DS2 just doesn't have anything comparable to this.

So to sum things all up:
>Absolute worst boss fights in the series
>Mediocre/bad world design
>Forgettable soundtrack and enemy designs
>Game mechanics that are just straight up downgrades from the first Dark Souls (weapon durability, leveling up, etc.)
>Numerous technical issues
>Annoying ganks everywhere throughout the entire game
>Mostly too easy right from the beginning all the way to the end
So yeah, that should cover all of it. Not sure why I decided to put so much effort into these posts. I guess I just wanted to let it all out having just beaten the game a while ago and being so disappointed with it.
>>
>>385006776
yes, I noticed that path it was fishy but the problem is that isn't intuitive because you burn a fucking metal
>>
>>385010736
Nah. I love it when people like you get mad.
Please, forever remember these.
>>385006709
>>385007956
There's nothing you can do about it. People like what you don't.
>>
>>385010798
I played DS2 before the vid came out you retard, it was always shit. Mat just said what everyone thought. Not my fault the plebs caught on 1 year after the game released.
>>
>>385010628
>1:1 copy

So DeS has covenants, poise, limited healing system, good bosses that weren't just puzzles, an interconnected?
Stop embarrasing yourself.
>>
>>385010981
Just save this as pasta and paste it whenever some retarded DaS2fag demands explanation for your hate, they are so retarded, after all, that they actually like this garbage game.
>>
>>385010734
>using vanilla instead of SOTFS
Nice fake news, seems you're upset that DS2 on the whole has more players than DS1.

http://steamcharts.com/app/335300
>>
>DaS2 haters saying matt is 'right you guys'
Don't you know that by saying that you empower DaS2fags? At least >>385010981 put some effort in his shitposting. Unless he's actually serious. Why would you discuss games on a shitposting board?
>>
File: file.png (55KB, 744x109px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
55KB, 744x109px
>>385010734
I have no idea who there's so many people playing Dark Souls 3. That game's multiplayer is fucking garbage. Darkmoons don't even work, invasions are complete fucking 1v5 + monsters in level shitfests
And this is coming from someone who thinks it's the best in the trilogy.

Is there a single Souls game where the Darkmoon covenant works? Always been my fav, but it's always dead as fuck because of incedibly shit design and tying it to a covenant that no one uses.
>>
Dark Souls II was okay. You know it wasn't good, that's why they released an apology version of the game and made people pay for it a second time.
>>
>>384993424
less invincibility frames
>>
>>385011292
>Is there a single Souls game where the Darkmoon covenant works
Dark Souls 1? It worked fine for me. Enjoyed being a popo on 2 too. Didn't try it on 3.
>>
File: 1496797681423.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1496797681423.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>384993424
Its a bad game by any standard.

Its a horrible souls game if you compare it to the others.

I fucking hate this game and love all the others and bloodborne.

Fuck DAS2 and anyone who likes this thrash.
>>
>>385011292
it technically works in 1 but the design of the invasion system meshes poorly
>>
File: 1483701727618.jpg (9KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1483701727618.jpg
9KB, 379x374px
>>385011292
Its probably because the gameplay itself is way more fun and smooth instead of being a fucking clunky piece of unplayable cancer garbage like DaS2 you fucking faggot
>>
>>385011352
You can have more iframes than DS1 and DS3 with the right build.

Every starting class that isn't a magic cuck has the equivalent of a midroll and you can upgrade your ADP to fastroll by just using all the souls the first boss gives you.
>>
>>385011159
No but it has
>light attacks with r1
>heavy with r2
>block with l1
>parry riposte
>rolling
>stamina management
>online messages
>phantoms
>bloodstains
>invasions
>summons
>exactly the same ui
>same detailed lore through item descriptions
>same NPC vague dialogue
>hub that feels alive with NLCs that come and go
>same director
>same composer
>same dev team
>same structure
>it's literally the same game
Plus it has some stuff DaS doesn't like climbing, world tendency and item burden and you missed tour chance to bash it for not having plunge attacks. You would know that if you had actually played it but instead you opted to act like a retard on the internet. Pleas kill yourself today, thank you.
>>
>>385011524
yeah but are you telling me that people are replaying dark souls 3?
it's great but it's very linear with nothing new in NG+
>>
>>385011483
>Its a horrible souls game if you compare it to the others.
Not when garbage like das and das3 exist
>I fucking hate this game and love all the others and bloodborne.
I think your problem is that you are pc kid who only played das and das3
There no way anyone would like das3 after bloodborne
>>
We'll never have a decent souls related thread again, no?
>>
>>385011545
then it's a hitbox problem
>>
DaS>DaS2>DaS3
They literally go in that order. The 3rd game is not that great
>>
>>385011569
DeS doesn't have climbing, it has scripted places the character can transition between vertical levels
>>
>>385011606
But its
FUN
U
N

It has more replayability because simply going around swining your sword doesn't cause brain damage like DaS2 does.
>>
>>385011659
No, we will not.

>>385011687
I agree. Enjoyed all of them. Aren't I an optimistic, agreeable piece of shit?
>>
>>385011606

Sure, the PvE content is great. It has the best collection of bosses in a souls game for sure.
>>
>>385011609
>Not when garbage like das
Opinion discarded. Before you go calling me a das pc kid I've been playing Demon's Souls since 09 and it is by far my favourite.
>>
>>384993424
because they are beta nerds who parrot the views of some autist's youtube video

before the video was released people enjoyed DS2 just as much as DS1
>>
>>384999871
DS2 is a two edge sword, in one hand it's a breath of freshness but on the other it's like a fanmade game.

The game has awesome new features like power stance, nice armor like the ironclad (my fav from the series) and nice weapons, but after that it's a shitfest, Soul memory and adaptability are just retarded in my opinion, the game is way too slow (atleast for me) and the combat just feels... heavy, online with friends is a mess thanks to soul memory and even with the ring it take a time to actually summon your friend, DaS3 makes fixes this like a charm.

Overall it's a nice game to play.
>>
Scholar is easily the best tho. I liked it the most.
>>
>>385011659
Dark Souls 2 made sure of that.
>>
>>385011606
Replying to bait again, I see.
>>
>>385011705
So? Do any of the other games have that?
>>
File: 1436613838756.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436613838756.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>385011802
>people enjoyed DS2 just as much as DS1
>>
>>385011857
That's cause you are a retard
>>
>>385011839
>The game feels like shit
>Overall a nice game

Kys, Souls 1 & 2 feels like you are in the fucking mud 100% of the time. Absolutely not tolerable.
>>
>>385011861
>stop liking what I don't like
>here's a video saying how right I am
>>
>>385011569
DS1 has all those plus what I mentioned previously.
Thus DeS is worse than DS1 because it has less and the balance fucking sucks, fast weapons are insanely OP because no enemy has poise so you can just R1 mash everything to death besides the golden skeletons.
>>
How do I filter threads like these?
>>
File: 1486053310904.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486053310904.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>385012063
Tipping my hat to you

https://youtu.be/SRTfcMeqhig
>>
File: 1500648943365.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500648943365.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385011660
No it's a "I SUCK AT THE GAME PLEASE GIVE ME EASYMODE" problem
>>
>>385012093
>fast weapons are insanely OP because no enemy has poise
>except these enemies
Retard, go back to DS2 and stop shitting on actually good games.
>>
>>385012141
Leave /v/ forever, that's what I did. Came back after 2 years and the amount of DaS2 fags is sickening, probably because all of the reddit traffic.
>>
>>384993424
Its better than 3 but got downgraded hard. Hence the hate. Most people here just think its bad but in fact back in 2014 everyone hated it for the downgrade. Sad
>>
>>385012168
Not that guy but i am gonna say that comparing this shitty looking boss from this webm you all always post to pontiff already proves that 3>2 what a clunky mess
>>
>>385011897
does DeS have resistance?
>>
>>385012193
Yeah, every enemy in the game except 1 can be beated by mashing R1 with your eyes closed and that's supposed to be good design?

I'm soo glad DeS happened and the learned the hard way what works and what doesn't and made the next games 100 times better via poise and poise-hyper armor.
>>
>>385012291
>reddit traffic
How come everybody says DaS2 is ok but /v/ says it's the worst game ever?
>>
>>385012381
3 is a game that gives you infinite rolls and turns bosses into blenders with 8+ hit combos, the design is just flashy but with zero substance and this is why DS1 and DS2 are lightyears above DS3.
>>
>>385012418
/v/ has stronger opinions than most other places

this is useful because it means everyone who thinks DaSII is fine is a redditor, which is perhaps a tautology anyway.
>>
>>385012385
>I'm soo glad DeS happened and it kickstarted the Souls series, I wouldn't be anywhere without it and its fans. I should learn to appreciate more and not act like a cocky piece of shit
ftfy
>>
>>385012383
What is your point here? Are you honestly claiming that Dark Souls is not mostly Demon's Souls 2.0? I can think of way more things that were in both games than things that weren't. Why are you being so retarded?
>>
File: 37.jpg (34KB, 217x222px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
34KB, 217x222px
>>385012168
>tfw DaS3 traded in these kinds of cerebral boss fights for muh just like my animes bullshit
>>
>>385012495
>the design is just flashy but with zero substance

Fuck off Champion Gundyr and Nameless King are one of the best bosses in the series exactly because they are fast paced and hype. Also why BB>Souls
>>
>>385012697
I'm telling you that "climbing" is not a feature you retard.

I'm not whoever you were talking to before, I'm nitpicking your use of "climbing" as a feature.
>>
>>385012729
>Fuck off Champion Gundyr and Nameless King are one of the best bosses in the series exactly because they are fast paced and hype
t. ADHD-baby
>>
>>385012705
>fume knight
>cerebral
>>
File: 1495719938147.jpg (682KB, 1075x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1495719938147.jpg
682KB, 1075x1583px
>>385012705
>tfw DaS3 traded in these kinds of garbage boring boss fights for muh fun fights instead

The horrors
>>
>>385012581
That too, I don't hate DeS, just retards that think it's somehow better than the rest because "MUH ATMOSPHERE".
DeS has some huge flaws that ruin it once you know how to abuse them.
So does DS1 with poise and Havels but at least you don't get it till you're done with half the game, DeS poiseless enemies can be exploited from the start of the tutorial to the end at fake Allant (he's actually stunlockable in most attack animations)
>>
>>384993424
Das2 chooses quantity over quality, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets but its my least favorite
>>
>>385012810
What the fuck made you think we're talking about features anyway? Why do onlookers bother to join in a conversation they do not completely understand?
>>
>>385012960
It really does
>>
File: 1462946038547.jpg (347KB, 1120x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1462946038547.jpg
347KB, 1120x1920px
>>384993424
It was an absolute snoozefest. After Das1 I had incredibly high hopes for the sequel, and I thought From could deliver. They didn't. Vanilla Das2 ruined my experience with it and I refuse to play Scholar because it's like a big middle finger in my face for having faith in From to deliver what they promised. Also, The way they butchered the lighting engine made every screenshot I took outside of Majula look like dogshit, it's the worst.

Also Das3 and BB are better, simple as that.
>>
File: 1471530439429.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471530439429.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>385012893
>randomly panic mash circle to not get hit
>fun

DS3 is just a flashy lightshow with zero substance, easymode heals that pop instantly, so no need to plan a window of opportunity to heal or attack needed, just pop one asap.
Truly the MGS4 of the souls franchise.
>>
>>385013063
you were literally talking about features you mong
>>
>>385012873
>>385012893
Sub-human weeaboos detected. Get out my fandom.
>>
>>384997732
>Roll souls 3
Confirmed cuck that never played bloodborne
>>
>>385004294
lolling
>>
>>385013205
>randomly panic mash circle to not get hit
>fun
Bloodborne is just a flashy lightshow with zero substance, easymode heals that pop instantly, so no need to plan a window of opportunity to heal or attack needed, just pop one asap
Truly the MGS4 of the Souls franchise.

Oh wait..
you're fucking retarded. What you're saying would be true if the Dark Souls 3 enemies moved at the same snail pace of Dark Souls 2, but that's not the case, they're about 3 times faster
>>
>>385012495
>>385013205
>Has to samefag to save his shitty ass forgotten souls game
>>
>>385013110
There are good things about the game like bonfire asthetics, and a few good bosses but the most of it is trash
>>
File: CharmingSlowAsiaticwildass.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CharmingSlowAsiaticwildass.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385013205
>SL200 at least
>probably AGL maxed out
>look at me guys I can't get hit in iframes lol amazing hitboxes!
Now post a webm of you waking a mimic up while standing behind it.
>>
File: 1471462029788.jpg (26KB, 481x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471462029788.jpg
26KB, 481x291px
>>385013376
BB isn't a souls game it's a new IP and it can't be shackeled to series conventions.

DS3 on the other hand is just a betrayal of the fans, instead of giving fans what they asked since DS1; an interconnected world with multiple paths and options to progress, we get a fucking stick of a world map, no blue invasions, no PvP sin, copy pasted covenants and the only fanservice is "HEY REMEMBER SIEGMEYER/PATCHES/SOLAIRE"
>>
>>385010339
The combat is just too spammy in ds3.You have rolls taht have little to no stamina consumptioms that makes you move even further than other games literally no pause between roles and plenty of iframes for life.I fyou ve played bb you would notice no matter how fast the combat is you still need to time your dodges since there is a little pause between dodges so you cant spam them like in 3.
>>
>>385013558
R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1
>>
>>385013803
it's showing the hitbox you dumbo
>>
>>384993424
Honestly if they just removed Soul Memory I'd play Dark Souls 2 forever
>>
>>385013558
AGL has no effect if you're not rolling.
Thus when the weapon misses him during the attack animations it's just the hitboxes being precise.
>>
>>385013854
agape ring
>>
>>384993424
>I can't understand it.
Do you have dyslexia?
>>
>>384998380
>any reviews anywhere say 9/10
>saying its good is being contrarian

Ok m8 whatevs u say
>>
>>385013229
>r1 light attack
>non gimmick bosses
>level design
Features
>>
>>385013558
SL, AGI and iframes don't factor into that Webm though beyond what is necessary to wield the weapons.
He isn't being hit by the hammer swings because his hitboxes while swinging the weapon are accurate and the hammer knight has accurate hitboxes as well. The Smelter Demon can be dodged in a similar manner with various emotes.
The frequently touted examples of bad hitboxes in DaS2 are either extremely niche (Like the giants in the dream or the mimic), a successful grab that looks weird due to the character snapping into the animation (Like the Pursuer) or getting hit near the end of a low AGI roll when the character's hitbox does not update properly (Various webms like the Ruin Sentinels).
>>
File: 1477322032334.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477322032334.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
pure kino
>>
File: 1439027877482.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439027877482.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385014481
They really should have had partial hitboxes for grabs (in all games) where a partial hit just hurts you instead of teleporting you into the grab.
>>
File: 1485052823684.png (417KB, 620x435px) Image search: [Google]
1485052823684.png
417KB, 620x435px
>>385014561
>They are remaking Shadow of the Colossus instead of DeS

Japan studio are hacks
>>
>>385014561
>tries to quit out

based
>>
>>385013732
why would you want more fan service?
also Siegmeyer is kind of the opposite of Siegfried
>>
>>385013958
>can earn souls
>>
>>385014737
DeS just sucks to much and needs too many changes to become decent. In the end it'd be a DS1 clone with the needed fixes.
Also an legal nightmare.
>>
>>385012162
As much as I dislike the outdated matt video this guy is just mental. He just twists every complaint or fault somehow into something positive and falls into the meme of attacking Dark Souls 1 like some ordinary DaS 2 shitposter. Waste of time.

Joseph Anderson has much better stuff if you want to look for some youtuber shit.

I like both of the games even with their faults.

Anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0n_9gM3DCc
>>
>>385014839
Why do you need souls besides leveling?
>>
>>385014967
because it's currency for everything
>>
>>384994273
NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385014760
It's more like it's the wrong kind of fanservice.
They're forcing these references on you and then they aren't even done right.
It devotes an entire enemy type and 2 weapon descriptions to referencing being able to cut the tails off of various dragons and other creatures in the first game but then none of the dragons or creatures with tails throughout the game have tail cutting implemented at all despite them sometimes also being references to dragons in the first game.
The closest it comes to cutting things off enemies is being able to pulverize the legs of the Stray Demon (Another reference and the fifth appearance of this boss in the souls series).
>>
>>384993424

Its one of my favorites but i honestly can. It was a step back in the most departments that made ds1 great (fiorst ds for most of pc gamers/xbrones), it was scrapped and restitched its a wonder that the game still remains decentafter all the hit it went through
>>
Dropped the game till they patched in the covenant of champions respawning enemies. I'll give the game props for being experimental in a lot of mechanics, loved bonfire ascetics for example, not so much soul memory
>>
>>385014872
>DeS just sucks to much
>needs too many changes to become decent
>legal nightmare
Refrain from posting if you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>385015015
Once you get your gear and upgrade everything, you no longer need souls so you can "park" that caracter at the current SM with agape.
Especially if you're COOPing DLC bosses and don't want to earn 1 million souls after 10 tries.
>>
File: 1498509637388.png (81KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1498509637388.png
81KB, 300x168px
>>385015272
>>
>>385015247
Why, were you that desperate to farm every area for 100000 souls?
>>
because it's different

that took a long time for anyone to say
>>
>>385004294
Please no Ladle
>>
>>385015429
I do, but I also still see shit like darksephiroooth1992, so I consider everyone from the 91+ a cancer that ruined gaming
And they always prove me right
>>
>>385015384
Where's your argument?
>>
>>385004294
Doing a Trump Cosplay, give me a big weapon please
>>
>>384997443
If you have a job be prepared to get fired because you're only supposed to be casual on Fridays.
>>
>>385015463
Didn't need respawning enemies for that. Just drop a summon and get fuckloads, entire purpose to limit respawns was easily avoided from the start.

I was farming for items.
>>
>>385015642
DeS is bad because:
-poiseless enemies that get stunlocked to death thus fast 1H weapons are above heavy weapons
-no poise for players make heavy shit an even bigger risk
-shitty gimmick bosses with near zero mechanical challenge
-shitty healing system where can farm and buy 99 full heals and use them to trivialize the game

Fix these and you have Dark Souls 1
>>
>>385015919
I kinda like that even enemies+their drops are a resource and if you REALLY want those items, you gotta farm 25% buffed versions of the enemys.
>>
>>385016129
Yeah I'm fine with fighting the 25% buffed enemies, it's a fair trade off. Just wasn't a big fan of doing the whole song and dance for the ascetic each time prior, but that's no longer a problem.
>>
>>385011483
you're a fucking idiot and just cant ADaPt to dark souls 2 mechanics. fuck off with your r1 spam bloodborne-tier dark souls 3 bullshit.
>>
>>385011861
no, useless retards like you made sure of that. dark souls 2 is great and you're fucking retarded for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>385015384
Stick to Youtube comment section, retard.
>>
>>385015995
>-poiseless enemies that get stunlocked to death thus fast 1H weapons are above heavy weapons
>-shitty gimmick bosses with near zero mechanical challenge
But DaS1 have those too
>>
>>385017368
DS1 has some low poise hollows, the majority of enemies have actual poise.
And DS1 has ONE shitty puzzle boss: BOC compared to most of then being like that in DeS.
>>
>Dark Souls 1 and 3
>weapons mostly have unique movesets
>Dark Souls 2
>every weapon in the same class has the same 1 moveset with no variety
nice game
>>
>>385017793
But that's not true.
In DaS2 there is a fair amount of variation in weapon classes and in some cases it's far more significant than the variation in 3 such as the entire scythe weapon class in the base game of DaS2 having only one moveset aside from the WA.
Also powerstances.
>>
>>385000937
Lost Bastille having a billion intersections and shortcuts does not make up for 90% of the areas having zero.
>>
>>385001742
>DeS that high
>DeS above fucking BB
wew lady thems some spicy opinions
>>
>>384993424
Massive downgrade and they didn't use the light/dark engine, which changed the game design.

It could've been great if not for these flaws. But the community didn't forgive it.
>>
>>385000937
Lost Bastille and No Man's Wharf are the exception to the rule. Most areas in Dark Souls II are extremely linear, little more than glorified hallways when you get down to it. Holding them up as representative of the game's general level design is mendacious at best.
>>
>>385019116
Forest of fallen giants
Castle
Undead crypt
>>
>>385019116
The only areas that are shitty hallways are Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak and Shaded Woods.
Rest of the areas aren't as good as Bastile, but not that bad.
>>
>>385019410
Nah Drangleic castle is basically hallway tier as well.
>>
File: Souls & Magic 6.jpg (160KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Souls & Magic 6.jpg
160KB, 960x540px
>>385007727
>>
>>384993424
B - T E A M
-
T
E
A
M
>>
>>385019520
It has around 4 interconnected hallways
>>
>>385007303
>Fume Knight
Why people like this fight? Because its "xd so hard"? Dude has some of the worst hitboxes in the series during his second phase
>>
>>385019665
Nope: >>385012168
>>
>>385019829
I wasn't referring to his regular attacks, those hitboxes are fine, I was referring to any of his moves that use his bullshit fire laser (which you'll notice the guy in webm conveniently doesn't try to dodge through)
>>
>>385012168
>Fight Fume Knight for the first time using Dual Ceastus
>His fucking hurtbox is so small that at point blank 90% of your swings miss, locked on or not
>This also applies to pretty much every single large-humanoid boss in the game
so did nobody test these things or what
>>
>>385020059
The laser is sweep is the easiest thing to dodge, it's slow as fuck, stop panic dodging early when you hear the sound and just wait for the flame to come to you.
>>
File: 1495614120100.jpg (199KB, 872x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495614120100.jpg
199KB, 872x960px
>>384993424
I can't understand it either. It's not the best in the series, any more, but it used to be and is still a top title worth going back to.

3 = Nioh > Bloodborne > SOTFS >>> DaS before Anor Londo / AOTA > DeS > DaS after Anor Londo > delicious ice cream >>> a steaming pile of dogshit > Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>385020742
>Nioh that high
Not with that fuckin enemy variety
>>
im playing it right now
its fun, wide variety of bosses
>>
>>385020742
>separating DaS between pre O&S and after it
Kys pcbro
>>
>>385021193
10 different yokai isn't much different from 10 different other humanoid soldiers Anon. I suppose Souls wins with some more beastlike enemies though, while Nioh only has, I dunno, maybe the ravens, not really. Souls have those annoying fucking dogs, so sure, Souls wins in enemy variety.

Nioh has way more engaging boss battles though. I was almost gonna say "until you overgear everything and kill bosses in two hits", but you can overpower everything in Souls as well on NG+. Hell one of the more fun things to do is to try to minmax into oneshot builds.
>>
>>385019410
Undead crypt is great, shame its a bit short.
>>
>>385004294
rolling for the man
>>
For me it was the bosses. So many shitty bosses that it felt like the game was being played for me.

>Last Giant
Slow, clumsy, and extremely easy to dodge.
>Pursuer
"Oh let me just take away 80% of his health with this ballista lol"
>Dragonrider
Can instantly win by stepping out of the way at the last second, and this technique is ridiculously easy to execute
>Covetous Demon
So easy you would have to actively try to die to him in order to lose
>Magus & Congregation
What the fuck even? Is this just some normal enemies with names? Dead in seconds.

I could go on. But basically, the game is such a breeze that a blind, retarded person could beat it.
>>
>>385022204
These are meant as first bosses in a lot of cases.
Pursuer is very difficult to kill via ballista when you're alone.
>>
>>385020742I would agree other than 3 and bloodborne, and would put The Surge as =Lords of the fallen, maybe a tiny notch above it.

Roll Souls ruined 3 for me and Bloodborne just didn't feel as fun or immersive to me, instead feeling a little like a chore at times.
>>
File: 1496688799314.jpg (115KB, 782x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496688799314.jpg
115KB, 782x800px
>>385021193
>>385021345
I listed what I found on Nioh's wiki. I added flavor texts to tall of them in my .txt file but it takes up too much space to post it raw.

>Skeleton Warriors, there is a large variation as well
>Dwellers
>Oni-bi
>Karakusa Umbrellas
>Biwa Boku-Boku
>Lesser Umi-Bozus
>Sentries
>Spiders, has a large variant
>Kappa, has aggressive red version in DLC
>Mujina / mimics, correct emote OR copycats player
>Yoki and Amrita Fiends all use different weapons, later different elements
>One-Eyed Imps that turn into One-Eyed Onis, Snowclops in DLC
>Onyudo
>Nurikabe
>Wheelmonks
>Flying Bolts
>Raven Tengus
>Namahage (DLC yoki, completely different moves)
>Rokurokubi (DLC)
>Player graves; NPC phantom duels of Nioh
>Human Soldiers/Ninja, use all weapon types
>Human Onmyo Mages
>probably missing a few; everything isn't on the wiki
>25 exclusive bosses (base game) + 2 double bosses
>3 DLC bosses + 2 double bosses

There's objectively more variety in Nioh than say Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>385021193
>>385021345
>>385023623
Oh and in my opinion Nioh's soundtrack beats all of Soulsborne aside from Cleric Beast's #1 god tier theme.
>>
>>384993424
I would've thought Dark souls 2 was passable if the hit boxes weren't some of the worst hitboxes I've seen in video games in years.

I could forgive everything else, but rolling I-frames being put on a stat AND making hitboxes shit really just seal the deal that this game is bad.
>>
>>385023623
I believe that where Nioh does fuck up in the long run though, is that it becomes a grind to progress. Its version of NG+ doesn't do anything but amp up numbers. However you can ALWAYS go back to the normal difficulty, it's also what new added content is based on, and you barely need to upgrade any gear in this difficulty (standard level 150 divine weapons which drop naturally will be more than enough for the DLC on Normal, for instance).
>>
>>385024148
SOTFS fixed all the issues with hitboxes. Not sure about iframes. But even in both games I NEVER felt like I got hit because of shockwave shit, it was an enormous meme all the time. I've played DS2 for over 200 hours and SOTFS for another 100+, and only ONLY for PvP did I ever invest any stats into obtaining more iframes. For PvE it just isn't necessary, needed, or even useful if you just get somewhat used to dodge timing.
>>
>>385023757
>anything beating BB's OST
That's going too far
>>
>>385024361
>SOTFS fixed everything
Best meme
>>
>>385014738
It wouldn't matter anyway since he was close enough to trigger it moving so it would count against him.
>>
>>385024442
I said hitboxes, not everything.

I'd say that general enemy positioning was improved, but in some areas like Iron Keep it was made a thousand times worse fuck SOTFS Iron Keep so fucking hard holy fuck what were they thinking.
SOTFS looks better graphically; better than heavily modded DS2, incorporating all those dark shadows that were supposed to be there in the first place for instance. It is a much better experience in that regard even with ugly samey textures here and there.
SOTFS has the improved hitboxes and no longer has any FPS related bugs on PC. This makes the game both easier (honestly I never had a weapon break out of overusage in DS2 either) and more enjoyable (no bullshit shockwave garbage). As mentioned for PvE there is no reason to invest in increasing iframes, not for me at least, it's easy already as is.
I don't remember if SOTFS has better or worse online connectivity on PC, but I'd assume that almost nobody plays or even owns standard DS2 anymore.
>>
>>385024381
BB's OST stands out with Cleric Beast's being one of my favorite boss themes in all of videogaming. Not much else.

Nioh has more memorable, fitting, comfy music all in all.
The following two boss tracks in particular give me goosebumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_nY7iH-3rQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2s6eyERY7o
>>
>>385025281
Even the DLC?
>Main Theme
>Cleric
>Gehrman
>Ludwig
>Maria
>Living Failures
Pure kino
>>
>>385026006
I haven't played the DLC yet, bought it on summer sale just a few days ago.
>>
>>385026110
Play it right now, I honestly believe it's the best piece of DLC ever created.
>>
>>384993424
It's a vocal minority, most people think DS2 is 7/10 at worst. Frankly DS3 made me appreciate it more, it didn't keep enough of the innovations that DS2 made. I mean for fuck's sake they had a dual wield greatsword boss whose weapons couldn't be dual wielded properly and they split dark magic up into dark sorceries/miracles which is asinine because you pretty much need 2 sets of gear to take advantage of it. Also, buffing infused weapons made hybrid builds tolerable and DS3 has very little of that.
>>
>>385027504
DaS2 fags are a vocal minority because they are desperate to defend their game. DaS2 haters are a silent majority because they are trying really hard to forget everything about it.
>>
>>385027685
>DaS2 fags are a vocal minority
Which I'm sure is why DS2 won the golden joystick for best game of 2014.
>DaS2 haters are a silent majority because they are trying really hard to forget everything about it.
Which I'm sure is why you took the time to make a post about the game.

If you personally dislike it that's OK but most people think it's fine.
>>
>>384997443
Why is she in a washing machine?
>>
>>385027965
>golden joystick
>most people
Go check on metacritic's user ratings and come back with your findings.
>>
>>385028065
>anti-DaS2 fags also like E17
A continuous attack of great taste
>>
File: 1496510104269.jpg (246KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1496510104269.jpg
246KB, 752x1063px
>>385028232
Just don't.

>metacritic professional reviews
>9/10 it's okay

>metacritic user reviews
>0/10 IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE CRYSIS
>or 10/10 lol I gotta make up for these 0/10s
>>
>>385028232
>golden joystick
>most people
Dude if you're going to be like that I could just point out that most people haven't played a Souls game at all. Winning a contest in which like 9 million people voted isn't something to shake a stick at.
>Go check on metacritic's user ratings
Oh wow it's only slightly worse than DS1 just like I said 10 minutes ago.
>>
File: dark souls taste.jpg (366KB, 2356x800px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls taste.jpg
366KB, 2356x800px
I liked it
>>
>>385024361
>>385024957
>fixed the hitboxes
Not really, and it doesn't fix the fact they literally don't understand how to balance multiple enemy bosses.
>>
>>385029084
Yes really. I don't have one of those many webms that show you this, and I'm surprised that nobody has posted them already, but you could surely find it on youtube where people test them out in SOTFS and can literally dodge moves like the giant knights in Dragon Aerie by using emotes, as long as their weapon doesnt physically connect to you it does nothing.
>>
>>385029491
Flume knight has some of the worst hitboxes in the series, you are actually either lying or retarded.
>>
>>385029597
You are aware that we're talking about SOTFS, or? You don't seem aware or on subject at all.
>>
>>385028806
This. Has das3 improved at all? I beat it on release spamming r1 with a raw battle axe

Is the dlc worth checking out?
>>
>>385029803
Dark Souls 3 is absolutely no way worse than 2. If you think that, you're actually stupid.
>>
>>385029803
Short answer: no

Long answer: All the same problems it had before are still there, and the DLC adds nothing except weeb movesets (paired greatswords doing frontflips and such, fine if you like that, just not for me) and a small story arc of its own that feels like a really shit ending to the series.
>>
>>385029663
I am, I played both DS2 for 100 hours. It's a shitty game, ruined by boring maps, uninteresting NPC's, and worst of all, the horrible floaty combat with broken hitboxes and no iframes.
>>
>>385029897
DS3 is worse fundamentally for how few risks it took to do its own thing and instead tried desperately to please the fans.
>>
>>385029803
>Has das3 improved at all?
No, PvPfags ruined the balance and DS3 now lacks a sense of progression. Get yourself a heavy Exile gs and you've already won.
>>
>>385030124
In what way did Dark Souls 2 take risks? By making enemies aggro in clumps?

Dark Souls 3 has some variety to fights like Woljnir, but literally every boss in Dark Souls 2 is a giant enemy (or 2 or 3) with a big oversized weapon, knight armor, with a 3 hit combo, an overhead attack, and some lame gimmick that you can just walk out of, if they even have it.
>>
Power stancing, lances, and dark magic were good ideas. Too bad the game was ruined by shit bosses and even worse level design.
>>
>>384993424
>posts by this user: 1
>>
> Atmoshphere

The game took the "Dark" out of dark souls, everything felt too vibrant for a dark souls game.

>Soul Memory

Fuck this mechanic. You're matched in PVP based on how many souls you've EVER earned.
>>
>>385030109
Why did you play it for so long? Not in a "HA GOTCHA THIS INVALIDATES YOUR ARGUMENT" way, but I'm genuinely curious what would possess somebody to play a "shitty" game for so long.
>>
>>385030587
Because I genuinely wanted to enjoy the game, I don't think I've ever tried more in my life to try and enjoy a game, but for every one thing it does right, it does 1-2 wrong.

Also playing coop makes it a lot more bearable, but PVP invading is fucking stupid so I didn't stick longer.
>>
>>385030506
Who cares, there's some genuine discussion in here amidst all the shitposting, your post does nothing.
>>
>>384993424
DS1>DS3>BB>DS>DS2
>>
File: Sonic ridiculous opinion.png (311KB, 412x305px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic ridiculous opinion.png
311KB, 412x305px
>>385030810
>DS1>DS3
>DS3>BB
>>
>>385030318
I liked the bosses in DS3, they are definitely better than DS2, in fact I'd say the bosses in DS3 are probably the best quality in the series, but I mean that as a sequel instead of giving us new stuff like new worlds to explore and new stories to tell it relied too heavily on the story and characters from DS1 to the point that it was just aggravating at times, we didn't need to see Anor Londo again or see what happened to Gwyndolin or have callback characters shoved in our faces, in fact the few original ideas DS3 has I really liked (such as the Profaned Capital backstory or the whole Deep) but they just weren't expanded on meaningfully in the opportunities they had and just resorted to wanking off DS1 because the fanboys love it so much.

Also it discarded the good things DS2 did right such as the bonfire ascetics, powerstancing, actually having reasons to play through NG+ or even build variety in what appears to be an attempt to distance itself from DS2. I would have loved if DS3 had incorporated and advanced what DS2 did instead of just trying to please the fans.
>>
>>385030992
>uses a sonic meme

you are obviously a child with wrong opinions

begone, kid.
>>
>>385030318
I beat das3 with way fewer deaths on bosses than 2. I think my worst fights were dancer with two deaths and nameless with 3

Waves of enemies being stunkocked with r1 spamming of the fucking battle axe didn't impress me either.
>>
>>385002016
>>385002157
>>385006709
>>385007956
>>385011292
>>385013205
>>385013732
>>385028694
Dark Souls 2 won. There's nothing more to say.
>>
>>385031013
It's true, I wish they experimented more with 3, but it comes out to be a much less frustrating game experience, though I find 2 and 3 to be mostly forgettable games, along with Bloodborne.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are probably the closest to perfect they got to the formula, because they weren't trying to follow what they thought the audience wanted, but rather made a game they thought would be enjoyable.

>>385031176
You're also extremely gay
>>
>>385030318
All this post is just plainly wrong on so many levels
>>
>>385030810
BB>DS1>DS2/SOTFS>DS3

I still consider them all good games and there is maybe a 2/10 difference between the top and bottom spots
>>
>>384993424
Because the majority of the souls fanbase is under 27 and people in that age group bitch and nitpick about everything.
>>
File: Dark Souls casual shelf.png (642KB, 498x670px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls casual shelf.png
642KB, 498x670px
>>385031137
>Implying the Souls community isn't the Sonic community of the RPG world
>>
>fire up SotFS to do some PvP and Coop since it's the only thing worth something in that shit game
>it's dead
welp
>>
>>384993424
The game on launch was irredeemable garbage.

Every single encounter was fight 1-5 of the same enemy in a hallway or a room.
In fact many areas are just straight hallways from the bonfire the the boss door that allow you to just run by all the enemies even if you don't completely understand the area layout.
Hex magic was completely and utterly broken.
The PR department straight up lied about how the light system.

Updates and scholar went a long way toward fixing these, but there are still some pretty trash aspects to it:
Healing rocks and regen ring, make the journey to the boss fucking pointless as you're likely to still have plenty of health and healing by the time you get there.
Despawning enemies mean you can just beat your head against a level over and over again and win without even learning the game.
Soul memory is fucking garbage that makes invading outside designated PVP areas and co-operative play a fucking chore.
Shit boxes are still fucking garabage, even worse than 3's worst lagstabs and Adaptability made dodging a needlessly complicated RPG stat.
Many bosses are objectively shit. At least with Bed of Chaos you can make the argument that she required you to exercise the ability to move while being away or your enviroment which you should have learned throughout the game. Last Giant, Rat Vangaurd and Authority, Covetous Demon are all completely garbage on par with Capra Demon except at least he has a staircase to add some variety to the fight. Most of the bosses arn't much better, mearly requiring you to just circle strafe to the left until they use any attack and punishing until the fight ends.
>>
>>385031795
Ayy I'll co-op with you lad.
>>
>>385031383
I think 2 and 3 just shouldn't have been made, I like them a lot but I would have preferred them to be their own things, I mean, the end of DS1 was pretty much the end no matter what you did. To me 2 at least tried new things and brought somewhat of its own story to the table, if a sequel has to be made then I'm glad it does its own thing, but it just feels really rushed and thrown together in a lot of areas with a really misguided quantity > quality approach, where 3 is a lot more polished of a game (in just about every aspect) but played everything a lot safer.

I find it interesting that you didn't care much for Bloodborne when I'd say it's probably the most memorable to me, but maybe that's because I just really love the setting and ideas it explores.
>>
>>385031795
Noo it's not dead it's my favorite everybody likes it. I swear I still play it all the time
>>
>>385031858
So much lie in single post
>Every single encounter was fight 1-5 of the same enemy in a hallway or a room
Even bastile infamous room was about people running in after aggro first 2 mobs instead of back and killing them before aggro others, like any sane person would do
>In fact many areas are just straight hallways from the bonfire the the boss door that allow you to just run by all the enemies even if you don't completely understand the area layout.
Nope, even amana shrine the msot hallway zone still had areas for you to explore, lie again
>Healing rocks and regen ring, make the journey to the boss fucking pointless as you're likely to still have plenty of health and healing by the time you get there
They compensated healing being slow as fuck
In das you always had 99 humanity after depths, in des grass. They were fast and took any risks from healing, try to use estus or rocks in das2 during active boss fight
>Despawning enemies mean you can just beat your head against a level over and over again and win without even learning the game.
It means you couldn't fucking farm them. I'm not sure there retarded person enough who need to kill enemies over and over again to beat level. Well maybe you
>Soul memory is fucking garbage that makes invading outside designated PVP areas and co-operative play a fucking chore.
Lie again, soul memory allowed game to have second highest summon range in the series, right after bloodborne
>Most of the bosses arn't much better, mearly requiring you to just circle strafe to the left until they use any attack and punishing until the fight ends.
Problem with all bosses in all games in the series
>>
>>385031795
What system?

>>385032490
>Taking pasta seriously
>>
>>385030318
>Dark Souls 3 has some variety to fights like Woljnir, but literally every boss in Dark Souls 2 is a giant enemy (or 2 or 3) with a big oversized weapon, knight armor, with a 3 hit combo, an overhead attack, and some lame gimmick that you can just walk out of, if they even have it.
I really hope this is joke
Old Iron king is better than wolnir in every possible way
Freja and chariot are more innovative than any das3 boss fights
>>
>>385028806
I concur with your lineup anon.
>>
>>385032010
>2 tried new things
>Boss design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s

It didn't try much new, it just tried to be hard without understanding what makes a game hard.

>>385032704
>Dark Souls 2 has variety
Please check this video too.
>>
>>385032989
>check some retarded video
Fuck off
You already was BTFO by trying to imply that das3 bosses weren't just a giant humanoids with heavy weapons
>It didn't try much new, it just tried to be hard
Lol, super meme
Shame people proved it wrong many times in this thread already
>>
>>385032617
PC
>>
>>385032989
>Garl Vinland 2.0 wasn't Leeroy
Seems like cherrypicking trash from someone who has a superficial knowledge of these games.
>>
>>385033169
So a giant spider that spawns a ton of giant spiders is some how creative? It doesn't even do anything with the spiders, they're just there to litter the room with things because they couldn't make the boss fight interesting or difficult so they just littered the room with mobs.

That's the whole boss fight desgin philosophy for Dark souls 2, if you can't make it interesting or fun, just litter the room with more things, whether it be multiple enemies or multiple bosses.

>>385033361
It isn't cherry picking when the bosses are recycled and the same in the same game

>Red Smelter Demon, Blue Smelter Demon
>A slug that rolls....and that's it
>LITERALLY ORNSTEIN NOTHING NEW HERE AT ALL
>A dragon rider, 2 dragon riders
>A cat, 2 cats
Totally new.
>>
>>385033191
Well then you're probably just b&. SotFS is more populated than PtDE these days.
>>
I'd urge people to try it again. I too was disappointed with it initially. Even though I played through it 2 or 3 times it still left a bad taste in the mouth, but going back to sotfs has been a real joy.
>>
>>385033482
>So a giant spider that spawns a ton of giant spiders is some how creative
For souls game? Yes
Name another giant spider boss in past game that you could attack only in 2 weak points and who could defend them. Armor spider was one giant weakpoint
Dark souls 3 on the otherhand never does anything different from past games, and ideas it stole from das2 and borne look very cheap and soulless, just like das3 itself
>>
>>385033794
Dude that boss was actually terrible, it doesn't fucking touch you aside from the giant laser which who the fuck would expect, and the fact you get stun locked by the mooks. Once the little spiders are gone, the boss is a joke. The game's fights aren't meant to be WOW A GIANT SPIDER, it's wow that's an interesting thing you do with a spider like Armored Spider in Demon's Souls.
>>
>>384995274
>implying lifegems are worse than humanity
>>
>>385033482
>when the bosses are recycled and the same in the same game
You mean like the vanguard demon 2.0 or the fire vanguard demon or the angry vanguard demon? Or do you mean like the demons that are later reintroduced en masse?
>>
File: S T A B I L I T Y.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
S T A B I L I T Y.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>384995274
>realistic
You seem like the kind of fag that used to drop Soul Calibur 2 weapon museum info on /k/ like it was based in reality.
>>
>>385034519
Lmao I can see who started with Dark Souls 2, just admit you like eating shit already, you're just salty your game is ass.
>>
If you can't understand it then you're too retarded to understand good level design. Massive horizontal stretches from point A to B aren't fun. Dark Souls 1 had a nicer spiral design with verticality to it (except for the shitty unfinished areas). That's why people liked the DLC for Dark Souls 2 much better than the actual game, because the level design was more interesting. Brume tower is an example of verticality making the game more interesting.
>>
File: 1466928961021.jpg (110KB, 600x896px) Image search: [Google]
1466928961021.jpg
110KB, 600x896px
>>385034806
I started with Demon's Souls Anon. Kindly grow the fuck up and stop being part of the cancerous mole on the ass of this series.
>>
Oh look, it's this fucking thread again. Some shitposter and their degenerate friends think, "Hey, let's go on /v/ and make a thread about Dark Souls 2!" So they come here, make a thread about Dark Souls 2 and how its good, or how its shit, or how its not the best in the series but is also way better than Dark Souls 3, or how even if it's not a good Souls game its still better than most shit out there. I'm tired of it. People can have different opinions on what is good and what isn't but the fact is most Souls fans have Dark Souls 2 at the bottom of their lists. This won't change, and shitposting about it doesn't change anything but make you all look fucking pathetic.

People can think Bloodborne is the best, that Demon's Souls is the best, that Dark Souls 1 is the best, hell they can even think Dark Souls 3 is the best if they want, but thinking that Dark Souls 2 is the best Souls game is just not something that happens. You can shitpost all you want about it, but nobody here is falling for the bait. It's just endless shitposting in these threads of circlejerking between people who know they're shitposting, people who don't know what the fuck is going on and are trying to seriously answer these retards, and a fuck ton of samefagging. 501 posts and 122 IPs. Jesus christ, you people need to get a grip on your lives and find something productive to do. This is almost as sad as console war threads at this point, and for that to happen to one of the best series in vidya, it's seriously fucking pathetic.
>>
>>385033507
>banned
I've never used any external software in any souls game. I don't CE to make my characters.
>>
>>385034361
Now I'm sure you just baiting
First you blame freja for being piss easy, and then you say that spider bosses should be ", it's wow that's an interesting thing you do with a spider like Armored Spider in Demon's Souls."
Again, des/das/das/borne did interesting and unique boss fights, das3 didn't. So all your "das 3 had wolnir super special and das2 didn't had nothing similar let's forget iron king" is just plainly baiting
As expected from person who praises das3
>>
>>385035501
>people can think that soulless cheap made garbage like das3 is the better than bloodborne
>people can't like das2
10/10
As expected from the das2 hater
>>
>>385035825
>dark souls 1/bloodborne clone is better than a pile of trash
last time I'm responding to your bait, ds2-kun, since the thread is dying anyways
>>
>>385036210
>Getting BTFO
>lol it's just bait please stop being mean to me
Pathetic
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.