[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hear unanimous praise for this game all over /v/ >I decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 44

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 188x268px
>hear unanimous praise for this game all over /v/
>I decided to buy it
>start game up
>wake up to eyesore graphics (no amount of mods will fix this)
>the battle against the controls are real
>level design is abysmal (where do I fucking go?)
>dice roll mechanics in a 3D open world game (spent 15 mins fighting fucking rats)
and oh my fuck, the hype over the characters/story was enormous, dealing with cool shit like metaphysics and being a god.
>plops you on a dock, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything... (and don't give of that slow burn plot bullshit. I gave this game two fucking hours to do something)

Can someone explain to me, the hype over this game
>>
GUARANTEED REPLIES
>>
The only huge problem with this game is the walking speed
>>
>>384985673
>GUARANTEED REPLIES
Fuck off, im serious
>>
>>384985673
anon, specifically for you games are now made as to take choices for you.

so don't get mad, just play skyrim and follow the compass. It also works with your ps4 controller so you don't get your head to full of having to memorise so many buttons.
>>
>>384986065
>Thinking im a console gamer who doesn't understand RPGs
You expect me to say Fallout 4 is my favorite RPG too?
>>
>>384985867
>I'm serious!

You didn't know what the graphics looked like before you bought it? You never saw a screenshot of it? You're struggling against one of the simplest control and menu systems in the entire Elder Scrolls series? You hadn't heard of how unintuitive the combat is? You had no idea that it's an open world without obvious directions? None of this? At all?

Really?
>>
>Where do I go
Try asking the characters in the game and not the internet
>>
>>384985673
(you)
>>
>>384986272
>You can't go in video games with a clean slate, propelled by good word of mouth anymore.
nu/v/ isnt a meme anymore, its real and worrying...
>>
>>384985673
>plops you on a dock, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything

first thing after character creation
>as a final task, deliver this package to Caius Cosades
>>
File: 1374599326913.jpg (32KB, 275x295px) Image search: [Google]
1374599326913.jpg
32KB, 275x295px
>plops you on a dock, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything
yeah you should be named the CHOSEN ONE fifteen minutes into the game like in Skyrim, right?
just play something else OP
>>
>>384986268
dear anon,

you stated that you see Morrowind as shit because:
- it has poor graphics
- it has dice/stat mechanics
- it does not give you a clear direction / it's very open/sandbox.
- you dropped it after 2 hours.

I believe you really are a console gamer who doesn't understand RPG's. If not, you're close to that.

Nobody said Morrowind is the best Action game with RPG elements. It's the other way around.
>>
>>384985673

>I gave this game two fucking hours to do something

it took you over two hours to fin Caius Cosades?
>>
Morrowind is a slow game for patient and intelligent people.
>>
>>384986837
> two hours to find Caius Cosades
in my case,it took me seven, but I raided all the tombs and pillaged Pelagiad.
>>
>>384986529
>Fallout 1: we need you to find a water chip or we die

>VTMB: you're now a vampire, learn how to adapt to your society now

>Dues Ex: try to infiltrate terrorist organization harboring important pharmaceuticals for a deadly plague.

See its not hard to create an intriguing opening is it?
>>
>>384985673
Well graphics are easy to ignore unless you're a filthy casual. There's mods to remove the dice roll combat. Which is what initially stopped me from playing the game.

Where do I fucking go? -- Well it's up to you, you can talk to citizens. Wander around. Look up quests in the wiki. Really it depends on how you wanna play, I recommend using UESPs interactive map to help you through your journal.

That "plops you on a dock" thing is a classic thing in other RPGs. You're not special, you gotta go out and make a name for yourself. Plus you can just ignore the plot, the game basically ignores it as well until you're a good level. It's more like a pen and paper RPG that way.
>>
>>384986931
>A literal god reveals she has a plan for you, a lowly prisoner that is just going to be released.
>not intriguing
>>
>>384985673
>>>the battle against the controls are real
literally some of the simplest controls in a video game ever:
>WASD to move
>E to draw/holster weapon
>Q to draw/holster magic
>Space to jump
>Shift to run/walk
>LMB to attack
>RMB to interact
>TAB to open the greatest interface to ever grace computer screen, with a press of a button you get, a map window, a character sheet window, an inventory window, and a magic window
what else do you fucking want you filthy casul?
>>
>>384986931
you are comparing Morrowind to very different games.

Morrowind is as sandbox as you can get with an RPG. And if you actually start playing, you'll find a very lot of intriguing things to see and do.

The opening in Morrowind is a fucking fool-proof barrier. And it works: they drop the game and come to shitpost on /v/, far away from what Vvardenfell has to offer.
>>
>>384986478
>clean slate
>word of mouth from /v/
Yeah I'm sure you knew absolutely nothing going into this game
>>
>>384986931
>Morrowind: Emperor gave you an amnesty for which he expects you to operate as his secret agent. Your task will be to investigate what has gotten all those Dark Elves so buttflustered about.
>>
>>384986931
Creating urgency from the beginning in an open world is one of the worst things a dev can do because it devalues all the time spent doing side quests because it doesn't make much plot sense to do side stuff, morrowind does it well, the side stuff and main stuff go together really well.
>>
>>384985673
I bet you didn't even use the correct weapon for your skills. Also, it' great how you people expect it's totally realistic to automatically be proficient with some random weapon.
>>
>>384986931
>Morrowind: You are dropped into an xbox hueg map with dozens of towns and guilds full of quests

I've been playing Morrowind for over 10 years and there are still several questlines I have never completed or even attempted.
>>
>>384986890
>game for only the most supreme ;-)
T.brainlet

>>384987073
Tell me... When did this happen? Or are you just roleplaying retard?

>>384987194
I played fallout 1 and ghost trick with that process and I love both
>>
This thread is fucking bait and you're all responding to a troll. Points that contradict actual facts of the game, not opinionated nonsense. Ignore this shit and let it fall off the board.
>>
>>384987131
Did you switch the controls? E was always jump and Space interact for me in Morrowind.
F for drawing/holstering weapon. R for magic.
>>
>>384987440
>Tell me... When did this happen

In the intro you skipped you fucking mongrel.

>>384987450
you're right, I was baited hard.
>>
>>384987391
Pretty sure I could pick up a sword and kill a slow moving sandcrab irl with no issue. Same goes for any melee weapon.
>>
>>384987440
>Tell me... When did this happen? Or are you just roleplaying retard?
aIt is in the opening movie. Are you really this braindead or are you just baiting?
>>
>>384987440
>Tell me... When did this happen? Or are you just roleplaying retard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSVCDd5du4

This is the only time I'm going to spoonfeed you, you fucking nigger.
>>
>>384987364
>>384986931 (You)
Creating urgency from the beginning in an open world is one of the worst things a dev can do.
No? Most RPGs do this urgency spectacularly

>>384987450
>Discussing my dissatisfaction with a video game that /v/ likes is baiting now.
Leave
>>
>>384985673
>early bethesda
>levels FEEL like what they're supposed to be but are a chore to navigate

>nu-bethesda
>levels are easy to navigate, but have zero immersion and are boring as fuck because they're all just simple dungeons that loop back to the beginning
>>
>>384987440
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Go back to playing your ADHD faggot games OP
>>
Hey >>384987440

>>384987589
>>384987572
>>384987515

Fucking kill yourself so we never have to read your goalpost-moving self-contradicting shitposting again.
>>
>>384987491
yes i did
>>
>>384987589
I manage to miss that due to my pc skipping that cutscene (dont know why), my bad, apologies
>>
>>384987650
the only one moving goalposts is you
>>
>>384987627

No, but clearly ignore the basic facts that half of your complaints are objectively wrong and show signs of an inability to play older RPGs, even ones made by the same fucking company, is red flag enough that you're fucking full of shit.
>>
>>384987708
you're not allowed to admit defeat in an argument on 4chan faggot
>>
File: 9.jpg (159KB, 529x798px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
159KB, 529x798px
>>384987559
I think that you would be running like the bitch you are.
>>
>>384985673
>threads I make all die within a post or two no matter how much effort, time or thought I put into them
>but these copy and paste bait threads will consistently stay on the first page
I fucking hate everyone
>>
>>384987847
this week has been pretty above average with its shitposting. Probably an Australian Holiday or something.
>>
>>384987627
The newer elder scrolls games suck at it, righty from the beginning there is always something massively important for the main character to do, and there is never any down time. In other games like witcher 3, he should be prioritising finding ciri instead of doing side stuff, it doesn't feel right. In Morrowind you're character is an outsider who has to become the saviour of a land you know nothing about, so you are encouraged to learn the culture and become part of it, so the side stuff is integrated with the main quest in a way that most games don't do.
>>
>>384987834
Nah
>>
>>384987913
Where were you on april first, it was confirmed that canadians were behind most of the shittiest posts.
>>
>>384987980
...why'd you do it, Anon?
>>

You go to Balmora to find Caius
>>
>>384985673

Tell you what, Spanky, I'll go ahead and address each one of your points in turn to show what an autist you are, and maybe if you're not so buttflustered by me calling you a retard, you can actually see why people are calling you a troll.

>>wake up to eyesore graphics (no amount of mods will fix this)
Welcome to Bethedesda, 2002. Bethesda has never been good at character aesthetics. There are plenty of mods and modpacks that make this game look almost as gorgeous as Skyrim, that can now be run wonderfully on newer computers. No amount of mods my dick.

>>the battle against the controls are real
These are some of the most basic combat and movement controls you can ask of a PC RPG, as already stated by an anon above. If having a separate key for each individual menu (which you can ignore and just use the "show all menus" key) is the problem, I just literally mentioned how you can avoid that problem. Next.

>>level design is abysmal (where do I fucking go?)
The game not holding your hand is not abysmal level design. You're in a wide open world and you can go wherever you want. That said, from the moment you get off the boat you are hallwayed into NPCs who tell you exactly where they'd LIKE you to go and what they'd LIKE you to do, but you can tell them to fuck off and live in the wilderness hunting crabs if you want

>>dice roll mechanics in a 3D open world game (spent 15 mins fighting fucking rats)
There are mods that remove this, but even then, it's not uncommon in old RPGs to have miss chances factored in. Your problem is the disconnect between you supposedly landing a blow visually, and not actually landing a blow. Consider that poor visual representation of pen and paper RPG mechanics. This becomes less of a problem with a bit of practice and use of the skill leveling system early on. It's difficult, but not unforgiving. Just stab mudcrabs.
>>
>>384985673
>(where do I fucking go?)
nice bait, I rate eight, try harder next time mate.

if you are serious, 1 use the journal and 2, never post again.
>>
If you want to watch a movie just do that instead.

This game is to explore and interact.
>>
>>384987738
How are these complaints objectively wrong? The dice rolling is a stupid decision and ruins the game, made to emulate pen and paper rpgs, without considering that both are fundamentally different gaming mediums. It was the deal breaker for me

>>384987785
I would kiss you if you wanted it too faggot

>>384987926
Where is this "I like skyrim" meme coming from?
>>
>>384988012
>Where were you on april first
On /fitlit/ like everybody else
>>
>>384985673
>plops you on a dock, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything... (and don't give of that slow burn plot bullshit. I gave this game two fucking hours to do something)
Just discredited your hole post. If you did the first few story quests, which are very simple you'd see the game builds the narrative.

You don't spawn at the world's first dragon attack in ages to discover you're the prophecy's legend where the hole game points in the right direction.

>dice roll mechanics in a 3D open world game (spent 15 mins fighting fucking rats)
You must have rolled a shitty character or just dived head first into combat with the wrong gear or no gear.
>>
>pick argonian
>athletics major skill
>speed major stat
>steed birthsign
>running everywhere so fast not even cliff racers can keep up
was fun
>>
>>384988118 (Continued)

>>plops you on a dock, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything... (and don't give of that slow burn plot bullshit. I gave this game two fucking hours to do something)
As already stated above, you're given your hook/incentive in the cutscene right before you wake up on the boat.

These are your complaints OP, and these are the facts of the matter. The only one I could remotely give you as an issue of opinion and where you're warranted to complain is the dice-roll thing.

But that's one argument whereas the others are straight-up lies.
>>
>>384988039
I'm from /k/. Original S.t.a.l.k.e.r challenge from like 2010 where you had to do the acronym for it to count.
>>
>>384988137
>Where is this "I like skyrim" meme coming from?
When did I imply anything about skyrim?
>>
File: 3920331_p0.jpg (218KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
3920331_p0.jpg
218KB, 600x550px
>>384987650
This faggot couldn't even be bothered to watch a let's play for five minutes
>>
>>384987708
Translation: I never played the game
>>
>>384987926
I'd even say that the side stuff in MW is the main course of the game. I mean the dude in Balmora tells you to fuck off and come back when you're level 4 to actually start the main quest, I reckon most players were too busy with other stuff rather than going back when they hit 4.
>>
File: scary burd.jpg (62KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
scary burd.jpg
62KB, 600x395px
>>384987980
come and say that to me and my buddies, m8
>>
i love the die roll system for combat and i wish they kept it in all future games
>>
>>384988137
>The dice rolling is a stupid decision and ruins the game, made to emulate pen and paper rpgs
the point is that it's YOUR CHARACTER'S SKILL governs your combat effectiveness not YOUR SKILL
>>
>>384988165
>If you did the first few story quests

That takes a pretty long time. At least it did for me. First quest is to find Caius, by the time you reach Balmora you've probably already been dicking around in the surroundings, unless you just rode there with the strider. But even then you still need to go around asking people where to actually find Caius. When you do find him, he just tells you to go dick around until you've established yourself a bit. I'm not sure what the next quest was, the Dwemer box?
>>
>>384988207
That's uuuuhhh... Ur gay right?
>>
>>384988357
I think getting the skull for the orc lady is before that.
>>
>>384988301
I think the biggest issue is the missing, it just feels really unsatisfying. I think people would react to it much better if the hit connected but you just did zero damage. Damage variables are fine
>>
>>384988462
Dwemer box comes first, I'm sure.
t. restarted the game a million times
>>
>>384985673
>Translation: I never played the game
Strawman: the argument

>>384988301
I understand that, im saying that it doesn't translate well through mediums

>>384985673
>I think the biggest issue is the missing, it just feels really unsatisfying. I think people would react to it much better if the hit connected but you just did zero damage. Damage variables are fine

Exactly what im trying to fucking say
>>
>>384988118
>>384988202

this, so we can narrow down the point of >>384985673 to "I don't like the dice rolling"

that's a pretty shitty reason to make a thread shitting on the game OP. maybe soften your punch later and be like "why did this game have to have dice-roll combat?"
>>
>>384987708
>backpedalling this hard
At least say you accidently hit the ESC key
>>
>>384988565
Meant for >>384988485 and >>384988249
>>
>>384988485
I don't know why, You can miss in many RPGs.
>>
>>384988485
Honestly I would have liked it much more if you had glancing blows instead of missing. You fail to penetrate your opponent's armor/hide/carapace and you only deal one damage.
Combat is still character based like before and you aren't missing when you clearly hit your opponent.
>>
And with OP's arguments thoroughly shredded to pieces throughout this entire thread, he can hopefully see why people are calling his thread a troll thread.

No one who has been posting on 4chan for any length of time comes in making a post like you did. So you have one valid complaint, and the rest of your tirade suggests one of two things: Either you're retarded, or you're a troll.

You must pick one. After that if you still want to have a discussion about your one valid complaint, feel free to continue. Otherwise, begone.
>>
File: 1489220875988.jpg (58KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1489220875988.jpg
58KB, 667x670px
>>384988565
>>384988805
>can't even post properly
>>
>>384988805
>my computer skipped the cutscene
doesn't sound very believable, anon.
>>
>>384985673
It's over 15 years old, what the hell do you expect? That said, the graphics overhaul mod is a must-have.
The controls are perfectly serviceable, I don't know what you're talking about. Is there some specific difficulty you had?
It's a Bethesda game, retard. You go where you fucking want to, but you could also listen to what the fucking characters told you and go to Balmora. Hurdd durr, but you'll need to actually navigate and get directions because there's no baby-handhold arrow!
and oh my fuck, the hype over the characters/story was enormous, dealing with cool shit like metaphysics and being a god.
Yes, this is how the game is.
What is the opening sequence?

You're just an ADHD baby, and you know it. The only reason you're bitching like this is because you know the game is great from a critical perspective, but since you don't like it, some deep part of your subconscious is keying you into the fact that you're a retard (This is true.). So instead of just buckling down and trying to use your brain and slowing your roll, you have to tear down the game because you're too insecure to maybe accept that you yourself are simply too dumb and impatient for it.
>>
>>384988485
this attitude is the same as potions magically appearing in a game of DnD when shit is hitting the fan and its sad to see people WANT this...not even a game anymore you just want crutches so it isn't "hard" for you instead of being careful in any way.
>>
>>384988958
>The controls are perfectly serviceable, I don't know what you're talking about
WOOOWW dude E is jump and Spacebar is interact ackackack this is stupid!
It's not like you can remap the controls.
*snort*
>>
>>384988485
>>384988137
>games like Deus Ex 1 and MW will never make it past concept stages due to retards like these two
Fuck off
Quit video games and stop voting with your wallet
>>
File: 1500725923627.jpg (40KB, 640x812px) Image search: [Google]
1500725923627.jpg
40KB, 640x812px
>>384988826
>>384988805
Though honestly, the only difference in that case is really just the sound effect. Actually shit, I might try to change the missing sound into the hitting sound and see how much it affects the feel of doing zero damage
>>
>>384988783
>>384988921
>Legit mistake is incogitable
I fucking admitted it retard

>>384988859
I can't share criticisms of a game that /v/ likes so that means this is bait thread right? Fuck off with your hivemind mentality. Im done with this.
>>
>>384989081
It wouldn't be any easier though, you would still do zero damage. So, no
>>
>>384989179
Good, go the fuck away. Try harder next time you're going to troll, or if you want a civil discussions, don't be a fucking retard and make statements like >>384988958 and >>384988118 and >>384988202 pointed out.

Fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1483555962329.png (1MB, 1064x653px) Image search: [Google]
1483555962329.png
1MB, 1064x653px
This is supposed to be a Morrowind thread you stupid fucks
post ur house ranking right now
Redoran > Telvanni > Hlaalu
>>
>>384989179
>I fucking admitted it retard
This entire thread is a mistake but that thought is lost on you for some reason
>>
>>384989179
"my computer came to life and decided to skip the beginning cutscene on its own" is anything but legit
>>
>>384989179
it's a bait thread when you clearly know nothing about the game you're bitching about. try not to look like such a dumbshit next time and maybe people won't immediately assume you're shitposting
>>
>>384989215
misses are not the same as blocked causing zero. and frankly as millions have already said in threads for time immemorial, max out your skill so you don't miss if it triggers you so much.

ie, git gud.
>>
>>384989325
>liking house Fedoran
Only Hlaalu knows how to party.
>>
>>384989179
>I am butthurt because my attempt at trolling failed and/or I showcased what a fucking retard I was for making this thread in the first place

you can have genuine complaints about the game but you only made one complaint while the rest was clear bullshit to anyone who played the game. got nothing to do with /v/ loving it, though they love it for a reason
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 18.jpg (96KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 18.jpg
96KB, 1366x768px
>>384989137
It's funny you should mention Deus Ex, because that game also had stats affect your character's performance but in more clever ways. Denton focuses the aim slower etc., you the player can still shoot enemies but it will be much harder. Though I don't really mind the arrows just flying in random directions that much in Morrowind

I also appreciate you calling me a retard. I've played Morrowind probably a good 300 hours but I can still recognize that it feels really off in a first person game when the weapon seemingly just goes through the enemy model. That's more of an issue with a lack of polish. Either there should have been some kind of dodge animation for the enemies, or the weapon should just plain connect for zero points. Makes zero difference gameplay wise but feels more natural
>>
>>384989325
>Being a Redoran fag
What the fuck are you going to do when we take a ll your bitches into our Mushroom towers and practice cool magic and shit while you grovel at our feet.
>>
File: gothic_table.jpg (341KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gothic_table.jpg
341KB, 800x600px
>>384985673
>this triggers morrokids
>>
File: Telvanni Wizard.jpg (2MB, 2025x709px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni Wizard.jpg
2MB, 2025x709px
>>384989325
>>384989476
Fags
>>
File: unsheathes_katana.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
unsheathes_katana.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>384989529
Big yap for a small dog, mushroom boy. Ya think you can back that up?
>>
File: bF6Cp[1].jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bF6Cp[1].jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>384989561
OP we know it's you
>>
>>384989561
what is that, fable
fable was garbo
>>
File: 872567757.jpg (37KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
872567757.jpg
37KB, 500x333px
>>384989635
come at me with that weak Shit sword. Try to deflect my fireballs nigga
>>
>>384989561
Two Worlds looks worse than I remembered
>>
>>384985673
>>hear unanimous praise for this game all over /v/
alright come on now you can't just start a serious post with a joke like that
>>
>>384989561
>Boring bland setting
>Boring bland story
>Boring bland enemies
yeah no
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 8.jpg (262KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 8.jpg
262KB, 1366x768px
>>384989450
>misses are not the same as blocked causing zero

Functionally they're exactly the same, i.e. you do zero damage. It's merely an audiovisual improvement which is somewhat relevant in a video game

>max out your skill so you don't miss if it triggers you so much

Well obviously, that happens naturally throughout the game. I don't know why people assume I haven't played this game because I comment a flaw. Loads of people have noticed it over the years which indicates that yes, it does feel off and it could have been executed more logically, be it a block or dodge animation. It just looks weird the way it is because you're so up close to the action
>>
>>384989736
Redoran has magic too, little guy. You think I don't have connections in the mage's guild? I have enchantments that make your tricks tickle like ants
>>
>>384989561
what skyrim enb is this
>>
>>384989179
>Im done with this.

And so the wild faggot, OP, was vanquished! Peace reigns across /v/ once more, at least until the next shitposting thread shows up.
>>
>>384989561
I liked both.
>>
>>384989845
>mage's guild
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
They are LARPers that wouldn't know what real magic was if it hit them.
>>
>>384989526
>feels really off
>feels more
So you admit it's not an issue at all? The entire game is built around the combat system and doesn't ever trip on it's feet.
>>
>>384989518
>rest was clear bullshit to anyone who played the game
I tried to start it for like 3 times in past. Most of his complaints are legit (other than skipped intro).
>>
>>384989561
Everquest was a good MMO but you can't really compare it to Morrowind.
Also how did you get to make the UI disappear to take that screenshot?
>>
>>384989825
>Functionally they're exactly the same
never become a game dev.
>>
>>384989961

Either OP or someone who didn't bother to read the thread. Either way, retarded.
>>
>>384990093
there is nothing different, Explain how he is wrong.
>>
>>384989961
What complaint was legit exactly?
>>
>>384985758
this guy wasn't lying jesus fuck
>>
>>384985673
OP, you just need to get the unofficial tribunal code patch. It fixes everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4GNgfxRdtQ
>>
>>384990093
OP will respond that he has played the game a shit ton and that blocking is functionally the same only because he sees 0 damage being dealt.
Wait for it...
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 16.jpg (367KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 16.jpg
367KB, 1366x768px
>>384989932
It's a small flaw. I don't mind it at all mechanically, I'm fine with the stats determining damage. Visually it looks uncanny since there's a disconnect between what you're seeing and what the game says that actually occurred. Visuals do matter to a degree in video games and Morrowind is otherwise so immersive with its worldbuilding and freedom of playstyles
>>
>>384990157
you want me to explain why missing isn't the same as zero damage on impact? fuck off. im done with this bullshit thread.
>>
This is currently the worst thread on /v/
>>
>>384990164
not who you're quoting but the only legit complaint was the dice-roll combat, not that I think it's bad. the rest of OP's "complaints" were bald-faced lies
>>
>>384985673
You may want to check yourself for Down syndrome, anon.
Every single one of your points is a plus (except for the shitty combat; also mods can fix the graphics, look up MGE)
>>
>>384989895
According to /v/ you cannot exist.
>>
>>384990224
Yes I do because the outcome is the exact same thing. Nothing changes.
>>
>>384985784
Get the Steed astrological sign upon character creation. It's a passive that increases move speed by a lot.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 38.jpg (231KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 38.jpg
231KB, 1366x768px
>>384990221
Well 1) I'm not OP and 2) this was the day count on one of my characters

>blocking is functionally the same only because he sees 0 damage being dealt

It is functionally the same, it has the exact same outcome. It only differs by the animation
>>
>>384990223
>unload entire clip into team mate
>he walks away with no damage, as if I never shot him
Wow it's almost like video games don't function like reality and has rules set in place, surely even casual gamers haven't realized this yet
>>
File: 1500699339365.gif (17KB, 205x274px) Image search: [Google]
1500699339365.gif
17KB, 205x274px
>>384990224
It is so much the same that even the actual animation doesn't have to change since the weapon already hits the enemies anyway
>>
>>384985673
I know you're baiting because you didn't mention the abysmal speech system which is clearly the worst aspect of the game.
>>
>>384990341
>responds by unironically showing me his playtime and buckles down on his point
This is a new baiting meta
>>
>>384990360
Well, at least you see and hear the the bullets hitting the guy
>>
>>384990624
Load up any FPS that doesn't have team killing enabled and tell me if bullets give friendly fire feedback
>>
>>384990592
Well, nobody has really explained to me why my point is incorrect yet, only that it is incorrect. I don't see a reason to change my opinion if nobody can explain why it's wrong, but for instance >>384990224 just elected to leave the thread instead
>>
>this many people falling for it
>>
>>384990713
I don't play many FPS but I think I've seen them hit in some. Ace of Spades maybe, I can't really remember
>>
>>384990741
>but for instance >>384990224 just elected to leave the thread instead
You know why? Because he was a faggot who couldn't explain his argument. Sound familiar?
>>
>>384990741
because when you miss it's because there's three+ checks going on in the background
your agility, their agility, weapon proficiency, fatigue check

but with a block you have to do all of the above along with armor proficiency, block proficiency, additional fatigue checks, and there might be additional affects since you made contact (gonna check after this to see if on-strike enchantments activate even if they block)
>>
>>384990157
Not him but if you block your shield takes durability damage If you dodge it doesn't.
>>
>>384990164
Every shade of brown. Funny thing, people cannot stop complaining about that in shooters. Only things that looked good were utensils and other shit you could steal.

I was lost at the beginning too and got bored before anything cool happened.

Even hardcore morrokids admit it

Moving was clunky and slow, but controls are pretty standard.

I can see why people praise this game, but it is not a perfect game. And lot of people do not like it at all. Get over it
>>
>>384990848
>Sound familiar?

Yeah it sounds like the other guys who disagree with my viewpoint
>>
I think the combat was great, sure, the weapon goes through the npc model but there's a sound that means you whiffed or the opponent dodged. I don't get what the big deal is.
>>
>>384990982
>but with a block you have to do all of the above along with armor proficiency, block proficiency, additional fatigue checks, and there might be additional affects since you made contact

Or you could just do the three checks you mentioned first but replace the outcome with a block. It's just a cosmetic thing
>>
>>384990982
>>384991049
Not to mention you need a certain type of item (shield) to even use the block skill, this can't be used with 2 hand weps, fists, bow or while using magic which makes it a choice for your character.
>>
>>384991225
So you want seemingly identical, but functionally different effects to occur? With no differentiation between them? That's the worst possible "solution" to your non-problem i can think of. Literally cutting off the swing animation would be less terrible.
>>
>>384991225
>or you could just dumb the game down by removing mechanics for no good reason

Yeah never become a game dev, time for me to ditch this shit thread now
>>
>>384991106
>this 15 year old game has bad graphics
Unless you are talking about Metal Slug you'll find that's the case for all 15 year old games.
>I was lost at the beginning too and got bored before anything cool happened.
You being mentally handicapped and having ADHD has nothing to do with level design.
>Moving was clunky and slow, but controls are pretty standard.
So the battle against the controls is in fact not real?
He had one valid complaint, which doesn't equate to most of his complaints being legit.
>>
File: badger-quill.jpg (118KB, 476x388px) Image search: [Google]
badger-quill.jpg
118KB, 476x388px
A third grader has better grammar than you, and you want someone to explain to you why something is good? If you don't like it don't play it. Nothing lost
>>
>>384985673

>never played the game because I'm 12
>load it up
>can't find the micro transactions or preorder DLC
>game has confusing menus and stats
>can't made decisions, read a map or read quest text
>uninstall and shitpost on /v/

Cool story, newfag.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 25.jpg (241KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 25.jpg
241KB, 1366x768px
>>384991318
>With no differentiation between them?

It's not like you see the numbers running in the background so it makes pretty much zero difference what kind of animation happens. It would even be totally fine if the animations stayed the same but the sound was different or something, to make it seem like ok your weapon glanced the other guy but your attack did zero damage because you're an impotent and tired hobo. That's really the only point here that I have, and in the end it's such a small thing that it's funny we're discussing it this in-depth
>>
File: big nasty.jpg (69KB, 552x480px) Image search: [Google]
big nasty.jpg
69KB, 552x480px
>>384991383
I didn't say anything about removing mechanics, it would still check for blocks otherwise too, there would merely be another state where the block occurs. But that's totally inconsequential anyway because a block animation was just one suggestion
>>
>>384991695
>it's such a small thing
>this small thing that works 100% fine in it's combat system
>I can't believe I made a thread about this small thing that works 100% fine
We're all on the same page of disbelief as you are, OP.
>>
>>384991964
I don't think OP even is here anymore, it's just you and me going back and forth about something totally inane. OP had more complaints beyond that. And yeah it works fine but it looks silly
>>
>>384985673
You are the Todd Howard of consumers. You need something awesome to happen everytime you push a button. You need to be awesome before you even create your character. You need a GPS and handholding through every second because you don't know what an RPG or "choice" is.

The reason this game is good, is because it isn't for you my friend. Nothing wrong with your taste, just let the others enjoy the game, and don't shit on it to make less people try it out.
>>
>And yeah it works fine but it looks silly
We can agree on this and part ways
>>
>>384990307
>>384990467
>>384990848
this isn't rocket science, a miss means you missed, a hit with no damage means you hit and didn't penetrate armor, one causes on hit magic to trigger, the other means you missed.

never become game devs, fuck you for making me reply.
>>
>>384992082
>>384992237
>>
>>384992243
I think maybe you're thinking of it in a different sequence. The way I'm looking at it, the check for the 'miss' condition would remain exactly the same, but instead of a whiff sound something else would happen. Or the whiff would remain but the enemy would move back or something. So under the hood it would remain the mechanic would remain but the visual effect would be different
>>
>>384992681
>I want dodging animations
I think is what you were trying to say there
>>
>>384992846
Sure, that's one option
>>
>>384986931
Because everything needs a deep intrigue?

This one parachutes you into a weird world with weird rules and weird wildlife and tells you to sort it out yourself. There is no straight path to anything, in fact there are many different paths, and interestingly they all converge to the same thing. It's freedom in its purest form, something few games managed to have before, or even after for that matter.

Still, there's quite the intrigue: you're a random slave that talks with gods in his sleep, and gets freed on order of the emperor. Don't you want to know why that happens, and what fate awaits you on the island of Morrowind? Or did you just skip all the dialogue?
>>
>>384992894
So, what do you wanna cut? Animating takes time, which costs money.
>>
>>384992681
this is why I just left, there is no getting through to you people. omgherd this game from fucking 1999 doesn't have dodge animations its all wrong.

gb2cod pls.
>>
>>384992894
Were we debating dodging animations?
I thought we were going on about hit chances and dice rolls here.
>>
>>384993048
Morrowind is from 2002 you donut
>>
>>384992846
Well the whole game is in dire need of more animations for everything, because "missing" doesn't look like missing at all.

Interestingly, this is something mods never attempted to solve to my knowledge, though could they even do that?
>>
>>384993008
Awful counter argument, ignore this post
>>
>>384993186
Morrowind doesn't really have animation mods because it was so cumbersome to do with the mod tools that exist for it. I think someone did a new walk animation for beasts but that's about it
>>
>>384993229
You know something that's actually shit about Morrowind? 90% of light armour is useless because you can buy a full set of the second (or third with the dlc) best light armour in the game in Balmora and it's cheap as fuck.
>>
>>384993413
Didn't mean to quote anyone.
>>
>>384993186
Dodging is the only animation I can think of that the game needs, using the run animation for levitation instead of a simple floating character still baffles me so I wouldn't mind a change in that.

>though could they even do that?
Pretty sure Bethesda admitted to not being able to create dodge animations that didn't look like shit so no, I doubt we can do anything special with the models today than we could years ago.
>>
>>384993508
>using the run animation for levitation instead of a simple floating character still baffles me

I never actually thought about that. Why didn't they just use the falling animation. I suppose maybe they just wanted them to walk in the air?
>>
>>384985673
>no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything
That's because you are not important
You'd know that if you played the game
>>
>>384993508
>Pretty sure Bethesda admitted to not being able to create dodge animations that didn't look like shit

That wouldn't really matter since all the other animations are shit too
>>
>>384993413
>playing MW first time, GotY edition
>dark bro hood is here to kill me, he drops fucking amazing armor
>they keep coming back, basically sell their shit for 3k every time
>there's no way this was intended, I just skipped 90% of armor progression
>it wasn't, these enemy events are from the DLC
>finally start getting daedric drops
>it's so heavy that the light armor you got at the start is half as good but weighs 90% less

The one time I was mad at a game for going easy on me.
>>
>>384985673
a whole two hours? I applaud your persistence with such crippling adhd
>>
>>384991410
>Unless you are talking about Metal Slug you'll find that's the case for all 15 year old games.
Morrowind was released in 2002, the same year as Metroid Prime and Kindom Hearts. Morrowind looks like fucking shit in comparison.
>>
I recently started playing this today as well.
The only issue I had with the game was the run speed.
I didn't mind anything else, but jesus the game really punishes you for not making athletics a major skill
>>
>>384993786
That's a bit of a design flaw. They figured people would play the expansion after they've already been playing the main game for a good bit, and not on a fresh character. Of course now people just fire up all the things right at the start so it kinda breaks the progression

Also

>DLC
>>
>>384985673
Yes, very simple. You've grown up a tasteless piece of shit. I bet the only game you can enjoy is the one with a hallway from start to finish and some explosions left and right
>>
>>384986478
>defending the OP while calling the guy you're quoting nu/v/
the fucking irony, it seriously hurts to think about how stupid one single individual can become
>>
>>384993891
Yeah it really is ridiculously slow. I think maybe it was another way to make the game feel larger, in addition to the fog (which was also a performance thing). If you don't have high speed stats your run speed is like the walking speed in other games
>>
>>384993937
>DLC
Nigga you have any idea the last time I said 'expansion pack'?
We're calling it DLC now.
>>
>>384993937
also
>design flaw
Nah they scaled that dude to be starter friendly, they knew what they were doing
>>
>>384993937
Get on with the time gramps, soon they'll be called macro-transactions or something equally stupid.
>>
>>384994197
Yeah they are really weak at the beginning. But I guess the other option was to have them be rape machines from the start which wouldn't be very fun. Or they could just have made them not appear until you're level 10 or something
>>
>>384985673

>level design is abysmal

>hear unanimous praise for this "Doom" game
>decide to buy it
>no life regeneration in a 3D FPS (spent 15 minutes trying to find a medkit)
>plops you in a room, no dramatic hook/incentive to do anything... (and don't give of that slow burn plot bullshit. I gave this game two fucking hours to do something)

>playing old game
>holding it to modern gaming standards

You only have yourself to blame really.
>>
Part of the reason why i never liked morrowind and oblivion is that there are so much i have to learn before i can actually start having any semblance of fun.. I consider morrowind worse in this regard tho..
>>
>Acrobatics
>governed by strength
What the fuck
>>
my only problems with it are the fact that you can deal 0 damage on an unarmored enemy, and the walking speed being slower even than real life (in b4 "waaah there's a sign for that", no, fuck off)

>>384987708
end thyself
>>
>>384994298
How so, it's pretty standard RPG stuff with the stats
>>
>>384985673
It's a shit game praised by nostalgiafags because it was their first rpg.
>>
>>384994325
>Acrobatics
>governed by the strength of your muscles
Crazy I know.
>>
>>384994325
How are you going to jump with weak legs
>>
>>384994325
>increase altitude with leg muscles
>using strength

gets the noggin' goin', I know
>>
>>384985673
Maybe gothic is more your speed.
>>
>>384994502
Never heard of that game.
>>
File: 1378036250833.jpg (56KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1378036250833.jpg
56KB, 500x332px
>>384985673
well... fuck you OP I like Morrowind, and I'm a skyrim babby
>>
>>384994384
>there's a sign for that
>for walking speed
Clearly time for bed, Anon.
>>
>>384994536
Damn I feel bad for you, considering Gothic 2 is the greatest rpg ever made.
>>
>>384994502
>>384994606
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
>>384994606
Gothic > Gothic 2

And it's not an rpg, but an action game.
>>
>>384994442
>>384994471
>>384994476
So why isn't athletics governed by endurance?
>>
>>384987980
How much XP did that give?
>>
>>384987450
The funny thing is he is having the opposite effect on me. He is making me want to seriously play this game again.
>>
>>384994606
That's Wizardry 8 tho
>>
>>384994723
Because you need speed to be fast
>>
>>384985673
Dank meemz aside, I can't understand the love for Morrowind. It's the epitome of empty quantity-over-quality open world game design.
It's so bland that most of the time there isn't even an option or incentive to role-play a character beyond the set of gear you're using. Even the factions you join are just a practical choice based on who will reward you for having your set of skills/gear, the goals and values of each faction practically never matter because you're just gonna do a bunch of dull, linear, shallow fetch quests anyway.
Every single "character" you make in Morrowind basically just boils down to "person who kills things with [insert spell/weapon here]" because most of the game doesn't give you meaningful choices to make or interesting characters to interact with.
>>
>>384994536
don't let this >>384994638
morrowind babbie dissuade you

>>384994696
>it isn't an rpg
I guess morrowind isn't an rpg either since you have no party.

>>384994814
overrated and rushed as their last game. Good, but not revolutionary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
>>384985867
Then you're just retarded, underage or a literally nobody that never played anything in the last two decades.
>>
>>384994723
Athletics is about running, not hiking.
Let's be honest tho speed is a retarded attribute in any RPG.
>>
>>384986768
OP BTFO
P
B
T
F
O

Will he ever recover?
>>
>>384994942
Why is he playiplayng Fable 2?
>>
>>384994986
>>384994723
If you're going to run a marathon, you need endurance. If you want to run fast you need the ability to go fast. Sprinters are fast runners but they can only run short bursts. It makes sense in Morrowind, if you have high endurance you can run for a long time but not fast unless you also have speed. And vice versa. If you have both, you can run both fast and for a long time
>>
>>384994903
Not in total agreeance with you but I love when Bethesda says their game is about going out in the world and doing whatever you want. As if there's anything to do that doesn't involve combat other than talking and traveling.
>>
>>384995238
yes and when you're smacked with a polearm in real life you'll be pushed backwards and maybe off your feet. that doesn't mean it should be simulated ingame.

there is just one gameplay aspect that all players find objectionable: restriction of player movement input. that can mean taking control away from the player entirely, or making their turning lag behind their input (this is getting increasingly common for some fucking reason), or slowing their movement below what is reasonable. it's horrible every time, and in morrowind you start off intolerably slow in a game that involves a lot of walking.
>>
>>384986768
>Nobody said Morrowind is the best Action game with RPG elements. It's the other way around.
I will now copy paste this to every anti-MW post which will consistently result in the thread being forward slash'd
>>
>>384995479
>or slowing their movement below what is reasonable

On the flipside you can also increase your speed beyond what is reasonable

The only mistake was making the starting speed so slow but I think there's a mod that gives you an extra 50 points from the start, or you can edit it yourself
>>
>>384995535
Except someone will just say
>having bad combat means its a good rpg
>>
>>384994441
This normie meme needs to stop.
>>
>>384995648
>you can also increase your speed beyond what is reasonable
a.k.a. good gameplay
>>
>>384995648
Once you know about the Blinding Boots traveling goes from 5mph to 100mph
So many ways to get around the slow speed ranging from fast travel to a 1 magnitude Levitation spell that costs 4 magic to cast.
>>
>>384985673
>not looking gameplay before you buy it
are you autistic or something?
>>
>tfw I just reinstalled it
cool shit
>>
File: 1458253476552.jpg (8KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
1458253476552.jpg
8KB, 243x207px
are there any good animation mods?
are there any mods that make the textures clearer without changing the design? every graphical mod turns everything into barbie and ken dolls.
is there a mod that stops the music from constantly playing?
>>
File: 1443288266965.png (272KB, 1280x731px) Image search: [Google]
1443288266965.png
272KB, 1280x731px
>"open world"
>NPCs stand around doing absolutely nothing
>zero world interaction unless the player is directly involved
>most people are mutes, just stand there mind reading entire conversations
>Clearly hit that guy in the face? LOL no you missed m8
>Enter tavern, can't even sit on a chair
>"Best in the series!" - Morrowfags smashing the keyboard with their landwhale fingers trying to defend this shit

I'm with you OP, morrowfags are the worst kind of cancer. I started with Daggerfall, modded Oblivion is the best TES experience imo. It gives the best "living world" feeling with stull constantly happening around the player even without your involvement.
>>
>>384996208
this guy named tyddy is the man for your textures
if you want it as vanilla-like as possible, follow this guide
https://pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
however, I prefer most of the frills from knot's old guide
>>
>>384985673
The 3 biggest eyesores are animations for which there's little to no fix, character models which are easily fixed by mods and some textures which again can be fixed with mods.
Rebind jump to space and use to "E". Maybe RMB to something else and equipment/map/etc. to "I" if you really need too but desu. it's not really needed since due to lack of any kind of alternative modes for your weapons(or block) you don't really need anything else to make it work.

Congratulations you've just got rid with all inconsistencies this game's controls had in comparison to 90% of FPP games on the market, now it controls exactly like them. How do you feel about this?
They tell you that outright. Go to Balmora and find your contact.
I won't defend the combat mechanics in it, but to be so retarded that you don't know how to cheese it is really low.

At least try m8. The game has so many flaws that it's not even funny, but I've literally never seen people discussing them in those threads.
>>
>>384996337
Now listen here, son, I'm going to let you in on a little secret:
when you want to talk about morrowind, now here's what to do:
you make an thread complaining about the combat, or the graphics, and you keep going for a few posts until everyone comes pouring in
and voilĆ , a morrowind thread is born

it's what people used to do for monster hunter too
>>
>>384996259
Oblivion isn't really good at the living world thing either if I can be honest. It tries, but they will maybe get this right by TES VIII, but by then it will be linear hub-based shooter with base-building and cattle management, so it'll be all for nothing.
>>
>>384996019
So much crazy shit in the Vivec sewers wtf? just one minute away from a fucking Living God ruler
>>
>>384996601
Vivec is to busy jerking off muatra to care about some sewers
>>
>>384996487
>isn't good at the living world thing either
Radiant ai, as laughable as the outcome is, blows Morrowind's NPC idle interaction out the water by simply existing
>>
File: XFZezTS.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XFZezTS.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>384996487
Its why I said modded oblivion. There was a few mods, such as OOO, MMM that massively improved interaction between NPCs/Creatures/Factions, and others that just added more travellers/adventures etc, when combined they created SOOO much more happen in the world.

I've heavily modded morrowind, oblivion and skyrim, Oblivion quite comfortably trumps them all when it comes to creating a dynamic world with stuff happening being driven by AI.
>>
>>384996653
Well, Morrowind isn't very strong contender in this regard.
>>
>>384985673
You're basically trying to understand hype of a game no longer relevant. Playing pong or zelda 64 will give the same disappointment for you.
>>
>>384996707
I installed OOO and in the first quest to join mages guild from some town they send me to get ring from some fort full of bandits that one shot me each.
>>
>>384996208
>is there a mod that stops the music from constantly playing?

You can replace songs pretty easily, at one point I had like citar music and shit going in the background. But I think there was a mod that makes the music system more in-depth
>>
Op is as always a fag so here's some legitimate flaws:
>slow walk speed unless you pick steed
>game tells you your factions matter but you can join every guild including the temple and imperial cult at the same time with only the great houses requiring a choice
>There's no reason to enter any tomb that isn't quest related since they're all identical
>enemies scale to your level so you'll never see a skeleton champion or greater bonewalker until the game decides so
>even if you don't exploit any aspect of the game you'll still end up over powered by level 20 and that point comes long before you reach the expansions or even get to red mountain
>cliff racers won't fuck off
>It's far too easy to get end game armour or weapons even if you don't know where to look
>enemies only have two combat routines: shoot you or run at you meaning once you've seen the necromancer on the bridge on your way to the puzzle box you've seen it all
>lousy draw distance in the vanilla game
>the hordes of npcs with nothing to say
>everyone wants to talk about Solstheim
>combat is completely uninvolved with the player just mashing M1 while chugging the occasional potion
>Bethesda's idea of a boss fight is a joke with Dagoth Ur offering no threat
>npc sells you moon sugar, same npc won't trade with you because you have moon sugar
>stealth is worthless and a mage does everything a thief can far better
>everyone wants to chat with you as you walk past and if you join the legion every legionnaire in the world knows it and wants to comment on your uniform
>quests are all following a series of directions to talk to someone or grab something then come back
>open mw still not at 1.0 and Tamriel Rebuilt still not updated
Still my favourite game but I've been waiting years for those to update so I can give it a replay.
>>
File: 1488408341736.jpg (1009KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488408341736.jpg
1009KB, 1920x1200px
>>384996792
>tfw i played morrowind for the first time in 2012
>and still liked it
>>
>>384996816
OOO for the most part unlevels the world to make it much more static, i.e it will no longer revolve around the players level. This means there's areas where you are going to get your ass handed to you until you've levelled up and are strong enough fight through it.

It doesn't COMPLETELY do away with things in the world levelling based on the players level, it just massively reduces it.
>>
>>384996940
>game tells you your factions matter but you can join every guild including the temple and imperial cult at the same time with only the great houses requiring a choice
the point of that is that factions indeed matter as when you progress into their quest lines you will often be asked to kill a leader of another faction you're part of or simply fuck with them
>>
>>384997123
you also need to raise the preferred stats and skills of the faction. So the only way you'll be guild leader of all the factions is to know alot about the mechanics already and actively minmax
>>
>>384985673

>be me
>go on /v/
>some early 20s fag with his tiny laptop is hating on a classic again
>just another day on /v/
>>
>>384997123
This is true for the Mage's guild, thieve's guild and fighter's guild but not the temple, imperial cult, morag tong or legion and those murderous quests always have an alternate method allowing you to stay the head of the Telvanni and replace Trebonius as Arch Mage which no one else ever mentions.
>>
>>384997095
Not many people know this, but morrowind has a form of level scaling too.
The easiest way to see for yourself is to take a level 1 character to the Grazelands, and then take a level 30 character to the Grazelands.
At level 1, you'll mostly see baby shit like guar and alit, but at higher levels, strong daedra will spawn.
What I'm getting at here is level scaling can be done right, so don't ever just write it off.
>>
>>384997834
I'm aware level scaling existed in morrowind. OOO for oblivion actually makes it similar to how it worked in morrowind, maybe just a bit less.

I'm not a fan of scaling at all but im ok with it if it's subtle enough.
>>
>>384998047
Whoops, didn't mean to quote you
>>
>drowning yourself to complete the Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces

Kino
>>
>>384998107

Looks like shit desu
>>
>>384996259
Reminder that gothic has better AI than even modern bethesda games.
>>
>>384998107
mod? is tamriel rebuilt the one that adds a small post at the entrance of Vivec?
>>
File: 1450445744403.jpg (8KB, 180x175px) Image search: [Google]
1450445744403.jpg
8KB, 180x175px
>>384985673
That was a pretty successful bait.
>>
>>384998252
like I care what you think
>>
>>384998457
You cared enough to respond to him. You're not very self-aware, are you?
>>
>>384996940
>stealth is worthless and a mage does everything a thief can far better
That doesn't just apply to stealth that applies to every aspect of the game. A mage can cast fortify strength spells or create destruction spells that obliterates any creature and makes playing a warrior pointless. Also you can cast illusion spells or fortify personality to make playing a bard worthless.
>>
>>384998449
Well, the building textures are from http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43098/?
the trees and shit come from a patch of vality's and vurts mods, I think, plus something called atmospheric balmora
>>384998585
I just used it as an excuse to post screencaps, but I'm all out now. What a shame.
>>
>>384998457
See

>>384998585
>>
File: doom dinos evolved.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doom dinos evolved.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>384998913
It seems like my replies are bothering you?
What a shame.
>>
>>384998620
Take your powergaming back to your n'wah games.
>>
>>384997834
>that level scaling
>done right
Level scaling done right is no level scaling.
Pure random is better where you might see a Daedra in the grazelands or you might not.

Alternatively a system spawning zones where the farther away you go from a settlement the stronger the creatures are.

Either method works and they're both better than the world revolving around something as arbitrary as player level.
>>
>>384998982
Should them?
>>
File: 1401137099636.gif (543KB, 320x170px) Image search: [Google]
1401137099636.gif
543KB, 320x170px
>>384999175
nah
>>
>>384999020
So much this.

In old Might & Magic games if you put your underleveled nose where it didn't belong, a Megadragon came, ate it off your face and eradicated the rest you as well as your team and probably half of history as collateral damage.
>>
>>384999215
Then do not ask
>>
>>384985673
>He fell for the ultimate meme

It's aged like rotten cheese.
>>
File: dream_db6be153d8.jpg (47KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
dream_db6be153d8.jpg
47KB, 400x240px
>>384999404
Ask what?
>>
>>384999459
Exactly
>>
>>384999442
i cringe like a motherfucker everytime you people use the "aged like shit" meme. videogames are not milk or wine.
>>
>>384999020
Another thing gothic did right.
>>
>>384987131
>>384987491
also RM for menu. That fucked me over more than once
>>
File: 1491839411606.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1491839411606.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>384985673
>buy it
>two hours
>>
>>384999516
Videogames usually ask for some sort of standards that are constantly changing over time. So yeah, they could age like shit.
>>
>>384986768
T H I S
>>
File: haha.png (18KB, 87x70px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
18KB, 87x70px
>>384986768
>Nobody said Morrowind is the best Action game with RPG elements. It's the other way around.
>>
>>384999838
>That fucked me over more than once
How? The game is paused while your inventory is open.
>>
>>385001562
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>384998620
I mean, that's how magic works in-universe.
An absolute beginner is a useless pile of shit and a master is almost a demigod.
>>
>>385001956
that wasnt a 'what an idiot' haha that was a 'years of arguments summarized in one sentence' haha
>>
>>385001974
Acording to modern gaming standards thats OP and should be nerfed.

Remember BG2 magic at lvl 7-8? Well, you wonĀ“t see that again.
>>
>>385002029
haha
>>
>>384985784
>>384990340
>Boots of blinding speed with resist magic enchantment
>Jump spells
>Fortify speed spells/Enchantments
Or you could stop being a hoarder and drop the 200 lbs of crap in your bag you're not using.
>>
>hear unaninimous praise
How did this bait work so well when he proves that he's lying in the first sentence? Every single MW thread this year has started with some bait webm and a post about missing.
>>
>>384985673
You fell for the meme. My policy is to not listen to /v/ when it comes to older games since it's likely to be nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>384985673
It's the same shit as skyrim, except with dice rolls in it. It's casual garbage for the masses, like new vegad, bacon, marvel movies, etc.
>>
>>385002421
Does matter if you're holding a lot of things?
>>
>>385006318
You move slower, jump lower and use stamina faster
>>
File: 1495072605244.gif (3MB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495072605244.gif
3MB, 384x480px
>>385006395
That's noice.
>>
aged liked milk same as kings field
>>
>>384985673
Been getting into Morrowind over the past month after having fun with Skyrim and Oblivion.

It takes patience, but after taking care to create characters with coherent skills and abilities, it's quite enjoyable. I'm having a lot of fun with the alchemy and bartering system, leveling up my Alchemy and Mercantile skill while scamming tons of money out of that bitch, Ajira. That's what you get for using me as a lapdog and taking credit for my shit, you digitigrade cunt! It felt so rewarding to buy the Master Mortar and Pestle with 1,200 gold taken off the price.

But, you have to admit, Morrowind is just as guilty as Skyrim in terms of game-breaking.

>Morrowind: Can buy tons of cheap ingredients to spam Restore Fatigue potions and sell them in a continuous cycle of buying and pawning, going from poor to rich within the hour.
>"It's so immersive, revolutionary and complex! Truly, a masterpiece before its time!

>Skyrim: Can buy tons of cheap materials to spam Iron Daggers and sell them in a continuous cycle of buying and pawning, going from poor to rich within the hour.
>"What is this shit? Fucking casuals and theyre short attention spans, Bethesda hand-holding as usual, kek! Go back to red dit, you cucks!!!

Other bad things.

The walking speed is absolutely atrocious. I don't care if you can level it up or use spells, it should be at a decent speed at the beginning.

Cartoony sound effects.

Music is kind of sleepy, boring compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.

The interface makes it hard to find anything in your inventory, with the tiny icons, dark background and how it's not a list, but a box with tons of tiny icons you have to hover over to learn what they are. Plus, playing around with multiple windows at the same time is more clunky than just switching them with a button like in most RPGs.

Also, the inventory system sucks. I should not have to look at the bottom of my Misc items page to see how much gold I have.
>>
>>384985758

fpbp
>>
>>385006794
Except nobody gives a shit about being able to break Skyrim. People give Skyrim shit because it's an over simplified game with shit quests, factions, and character building.
>>
>>385006794
You forgot the Journal.
>>
How come people suck at video games
>>
>>385006794
You forgot:

-Lineal dungeons with 0 story as a background
-Dumb bitch ass npcs that have 0 story or charisma
-Stupid autolvl
-Shit main and sidequests
-Boring guilds
-Le smashy combat
-Annoying inmersion with all these nords with t-shirts
-GUISE DRAGONS LMAO!!!1

I can point skyrims fails until i die, but gamebreak a shitty game where you are a literal demigod even at lvl 4 is just stupid.
You can get rich with alchemy? True, now get all that gold and try to kill Grurn. Guess what kiddo, you canĀ“t.
>>
You can find out your the messiah of a cult if you play long enough. Not within the first 2 hours though.
>>
>>385002065
I fucking hate the conservative balancing most games employ. I get that you need some kind of anti-abuse mechanics at least to make it unlikely that a first timer will fuck everything up, but it's usually way overdone to the point of making mechanics fucking boring. No choice I made in character progression in Pillars of Eternity felt interesting at all and it directly led to me getting really bored of the game way before it ended.
>>
>>385006794
I give Skyrim shit because the ways in which you break it are boring. The Morrowind example you give isn't great either, but at least you can also break it with crazy OP magics and enchants that actually feel cool to use. You can jump over mountains, levitate, sprint faster than light and all that shit. In Skyrim your moveset pretty much remains a constant no matter what you do.
>>
elder scrolls is shit, news at 11
>>
>>384985784
`
player->setSpeed 200
>>
File: indoril-helment-2.jpg (382KB, 800x973px) Image search: [Google]
indoril-helment-2.jpg
382KB, 800x973px
Morrowind is not meant for this generation of video game players, sadly.
>>
>>384985673
>Whaa nobody is holding my hand and giving me giant arrows to where I need to go
I figured this game out when I was back in highschool on fucking xbox, whats wrong with you that you cant now?
>>
>>385006794
>Music is kind of sleepy, boring compared to Oblivion and Skyrim.
Nigga it's the fucking best of the series and possibly the best work by Jeremy Soule to date. Fight me faggot I'll kill you.

Also here's a little present for all Morrowind lovers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiRjfrXD4g
>>
>>384985673
>Can someone explain to me, the hype over this game
yeah, you're retarded
>>
>>384996480
Can't you fags just start a "let's talk about the best rpg of all time" thread like Gothic fans do.
>>
>>385012640
>Also here's a little present for all Morrowind lovers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiRjfrXD4g
How the fuck does this sound so fucking much like Morrowind? How is this allowed?
>>
>>385006794
>Break game in Morrowind
You are an unkillable demigod who flies around instead of walking, can run extremely fast, is immune to fall damage, can punch an enemy so hard he goes into a coma, summon an army of undead or daedra, kill an entire village with a single spell.

>Break the game in Skyrim
You are really good at fighting and can cast spells without spending magicka
>>
>>385013660
It takes the same source of inspiration as Morrowind, that is the Planets suite by Gustav Holst, possibly the most influential piece of music ever. Still, there's a definite Morrowind touch, sounds like the artist took both the Planets and Morrowind as inspiration.
>>
File: 1432954326641.gif (513KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1432954326641.gif
513KB, 500x281px
I didn't really like Morrowind or Skyrim, but I love Oblivion.

I sometimes want to get into Daggerfall as well but I think I'm done with Elder Scrolls at this point.
>>
>>385014584
>I didn't really like Morrowind or Skyrim, but I love Oblivion.
Why.
>>
>>385011247
Yes they are less forgiving nowadays.
Oh and thanks for beta testing the ES series for us gramps.
>>
>>384994441
If you can't bother to read the thread before posting, just don't post.

Also kill yourself.
>>
File: 1348642421071.jpg (7KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
1348642421071.jpg
7KB, 249x228px
Alright Morrofags, you won, I'll play it, but tell me which mods you use.
>>
>>385015685
Morrowind Extender, lets you fiddle with draw distance and other settings, and supports higher resolution. That's about it
>>
>>384985673
>>384985867
i've been watching lobos jr's playthrough of morrowind and I think the game is amazing. I love the oddness of the npc's, the background ambient sounds are amazing, and the random weather really adds to the atmosphere. Some areas look beautiful (this one rainforesty area with all those guars). Also there's a 100% hit mod that gets rid of the random chance of hitting fighting mechanic or whatever it's called.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.