[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How disappointing do you think Metroid Prime 4 will be and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20

File: prime.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prime.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
How disappointing do you think Metroid Prime 4 will be and what will the worst aspect of the game be when it comes out?
>>
>>384981948
3 was a horrible game so I expect it to be just as bad
>>
>everything we have is a 30 seconds teaser with just a title
>shitting on it already
Fuck off, go to cry about BotW or something
>>
It'll be at least as good as 3, which is a great game

>>384982149
shit taste
>>
>>384983896
Explain how 3 was a good game, it was halo light
>>
>>384983924
>it was halo light

outside of the opening (worst part of the game and lasts too long) it absolutely is not, unless you want to be a faggot and count the 10 minute bomb squad in the pirate homeworld
>>
Extremely, and: similarly to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey; it will just have a bullshit open world filled with gimmicks, with no proper level design to speak of.
>>
File: UWndsfp.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
UWndsfp.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Mechanically prime can't be that hard to replicate, right? At worst I suspect we'll be having less info logs about our tubular pirate pals, but everythi g else should be easy to copy. Hell, fucking Sonic Robo Blast 2 has an amazingly similar prime mod which is bloody great, to say nothing of Metroid dreadnaught (?) for Doom

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42741
>>
>>384984143
Define "proper level design
>>
>>384984143
already confirmed to be in the style of prime 1
>>
>>384984147
the mechanics of prime aren't the hard part, it's getting the god tier level design that's difficult. Prime 1 and fed force have the same mechanics but they're in a world of difference due to game/level design
>>
>>384984450
Federation Force is just a Spin-Off though, it has an entirely different focus than any other Metroid game and the design process behind it probably can't be compared to that of a proper Prime game.
>>
>>384984615
and prime is a spin off as well, doesn't mean anything quality wise

>it has an entirely different focus than any other Metroid game and the design process behind it probably can't be compared to that of a proper Prime game.

I'll agree with this but looking at them in their contexts objectively, prime 1 is designed better
>>
The worst part will be Sylux who will turn out to be yet another boring evil clone of Samus
>>
>>384984765
not like the villains of metroid are ever compelling

on that note I really hope Ridley is, for once, difficult. He's been piss easy in every game, making Dark Ridley cut from Prime 2 feel even worse.
>>
>>384984712
Prime is not Spin-Off. It's simply the fifth title in the series (not chronological).

Yes, indeed Prime is certainly a better designed Metroid game than Federation Force is a Metroid Spin-Off game. I'm just saying that the lack of quality design in Federation Force can't have us assume that Prime 4 will be lacking too.
>>
>>384985029
It would be cool if Ridley displayed some signs of intelligence for once too.
>>
>How disappointing do you think Metroid Prime 4 will be?
it won't be
>what will the worst aspect of the game be when it comes out?
the neofag sonyshill shitposting
>>
>>384985193
yeah I feel like he's only ever done that in Super/Prime 1. At least in prime 3 he's got the excuse of phazon poisoning.
>>
I'm just worried the art team may not be up to par with Retro and we'll get some more Other M ugliness.
>>
File: th_RM3E01_daaa233b_14.jpg (386KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
th_RM3E01_daaa233b_14.jpg
386KB, 1024x616px
>>384985529
I agree.
>>
>>384985529
>everyone talks about boost ball guardian, spider ball guardian, and emperor ing when talking about hard bosses in prime 2
>this motherfucker is ignored

this asshole probably requires the most precise dodging in any Nintendo game
>>
>>384985095
Not him

Sakamoto: "We wanted to explore Metroid's possibilities as subjective (first person) action game. A member of Nintendo mentioned Retro, a studio that had great experience in this field. I didn't participate a lot in these games: I supervised that they maintained the essence of the franchise, but we gave them a lot of liberty with the plot. In fact, I have always seen the story of the Primes as alternative and not integrated in the story of the other Metroids, that's the reason they had total liberty when creating it. And Samus was different, tougher."
>>
>>384985095
Prime is an odd spin off, it was originally an aside thing for the series when fusion came out but it overtook the series as the main focus, sort of like persona/SMT
>>
File: Metroid Sales.png (956KB, 1406x747px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Sales.png
956KB, 1406x747px
>>384986365
You gonna keep bringing up this bait after I BTFO'd in your own thread the last time you pulled this shit?
>>
>>384986498
>prime sold more than fusion, released same day
>prime 2 sold more than zero mission, same year
>prime 3 didn't even have a counterpart due to low 2D sales
>no new 2D metroid while prime 4 is coming out
>>
>>384986248
What does Sakamoto have to say about the status of the Prime game as Spin-Offs? Did he develop these titles? All I see here is an artist stating that his creative vision is independent from other artists adding to the franchise.

>>384986365
It's the adaption to 3D gameplay, not a Spin-Off. What should it even "spin off from"? There was was no established Metroid formula at the time. What we know recognize as "Metroidvania" only existed in Super Metroid at that point. The original NES title was antiquated by that time, Metroid II failed to be non-linear and I don't think I need to explain why Fusion is so different from the rest of the series.
>>
>>384986579
I call it a spin off because metroid 4, a mainline came out the same day.

>there was no established metroid formula

not sure what you mean, metroid 1 established the formula with metroid 2 being the only deviation

>What we know recognize as "Metroidvania" only existed in Super Metroid at that point

do you know what the original meaning of metroidvania means? It means castlevania in the style of metroid, as in Symphony of the night that came out before prime 1/fusion
>>
>>384986576
>he's still ass blasted that Prime 2-Fed Force never reached or surpassed Metroid 1-4 sells
>he's even more ass blasted Samus Returns has more views than Prime 4

>>384986579
Sakamoto is the Co-creator and keeper of the series, so I say he says a lot. Since Sakamoto is over Tanabe, if he says Prime is a spin off, then guess what, it's a spin off.
>>
>>384986815
...you didn't even address my post
>>
File: th_RM3E01_c486c128_14.jpg (337KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
th_RM3E01_c486c128_14.jpg
337KB, 1024x616px
>>384986725
>I call it a spin off because metroid 4, a mainline came out the same day.
I don't think the number on the title means anything regarding a title's status as a mainline game. See Metroid Zero Mission, see Metroid Other M, see Metroid Samus Returns.

>not sure what you mean, metroid 1 established the formula with metroid 2 being the only deviation
The execution of Metroid is so very different than that from Super Metroid. The general idea is the same, true, but that idea lays at the heart of Prime too.

>do you know what the original meaning of metroidvania means? It means castlevania in the style of metroid, as in Symphony of the night that came out before prime 1/fusion
I'm aware of that. I meant Metroidvania as it is nowaydays used, the genre term.
>>
>>384981948
Miyamoto or Hackamoto being balls deep involved, which is actually extremely possible as of now so I expect Other M levels of disappointment

Filthy gaijin makes better Metroid/DK games
>>
File: gold face.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
gold face.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>384986498
>>384986815
https://youtu.be/zF7wMV-2HDo?t=3m5s

PRIME'd
>>
>>384986815
>Sakamoto is the Co-creator and keeper of the series, so I say he says a lot. Since Sakamoto is over Tanabe, if he says Prime is a spin off, then guess what, it's a spin off.
The "keeper" of the Metroid series is Nintendo. They'll throw Metroid at whatever they see fit. That may be Sakamote (which makes sense because as you've said, he's been an important figure for the series), Retro Studios, Mercury Steam, Next Level Games, Team Ninja...
...or a completely new development team for Prime 4.
>>
File: 1433451943426.jpg (49KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
1433451943426.jpg
49KB, 930x585px
I want Prime 4 to be good. I want to believe in nintendo again after their previous financially successful, yet ideaological failures. but I just don't think they have it in them anymore. They couldn't even begin to write a good Samus Aran or make a good game around her. They're too focused sexualizing her in disgusting ways. I can't even play Splatoon and Arms because of the disgusting sex fanservice shoved in my face constantly, be it not by the company itself, then by the obnoxious fans that force it down every thread. Even Metroid 2 looks like it's gonna be a disaster with Sakamoto once again making samus his waifu.

And I ask you, am I not allowed to be skeptical of this company after their blunders?
>>
>>384986849
I did, you keep trying to break this shit down in a stupid way. You know damn well Zero Mission ran into issues around its release
>DS hype
>last big game for GBA
>not much advertisement
>Metroid NES classic being released separate from Zero Mission

I don't remember Prime 2 having these issues but if the Wii was releasing in the same year as Prime 2, it sure as hell wouldn't have sold over a million on the Gamecube.
>>
>>384987069
>You know damn well Zero Mission ran into issues around its release

excuses, prime 2 isn't even finished and sold more than it
>>
>>384986963
Reminder Sakamoto was the guy behind Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion.
>But Other M
Not an argument.
>>
>>384987146
And that was over a fucking decade ago, his design skills aged like fucking milk. Not arguments.

>Not an argument.
Same thing.
>>
>>384987016
Tanabe: "He is sort of the keeper of the Metroid series."

It's getting tiring BTFOing your ass man.

>>384986997
Looks like a classic Metroid game to me.

>>384987103
Prime 2 barely broke a million.
>>
>>384987146
>Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion.
prior to going senile

>other M
8-10 years later, senile

SR looks good though hopefully he redeems himself
>>
File: emoji.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>384987208
>Looks like a classic Metroid game to me.

listen to the song

PRIME'd
>>
>>384987208
>Prime 2 barely broke a million.

with even more problems than ZM on the same year of release on a console with less sales. Please keep the excuses coming
>>
>>384987271
The song is done by the same guy who made the music for Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission. The guy makes music for all Metroid games regardless if their mainline (2D) or spin off (Prime series). What should Halo not use Halo music in a spin off game?
>>
>>384987208
>Tanabe: "He is sort of the keeper of the Metroid series."
>sort of

He certainly WASN'T the keeper during the Prime period. I'll tell you what, his Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission) sort of become Spin-Offs during that period. Everyone was obsessed with the Prime trilogy at that time. That was, where Metroid was at at that moment.

Once Sakamoto stepped back into the spotlight and presented a more ambitious project (Other M), he totally fucked it up.
He's now back to making handheld-remakes, something that's much harder to fuck up. Meanwhile, the next big Metroid title will be coming from an entirely new dev team led by Tanabe.
>>
File: E TU.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
E TU.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>384987443
>all the 2D metroid games used to have unique themes before prime games
>now directly uses the prime theme

PRIME'd

fits perfectly with prime overshadowing 2D metroid
>>
>>384987371
A console that didn't get overshadowed by it's successor yet. Keep ignoring the fact that Prime hasn't surpassed any mainline 2D game since Prime 1, I hope it makes you feel better.
>>
>>384986997
>Item fanfare that has been present since Super
>PRIME'd
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384987547
>since Prime 1
so you admit prime sold more? Thanks, that's all I needed, even your game is prime now >>384986997
>>384987271

can't wait for the reveal of the research team being dead due to phazon
>>
>>384987503
Not really, Samus Returns uses the Lower Norfair theme which showed up in Prime SECOND so I guess that speaks volumes. Even the intro is stated to only talk about the events of the first game/Zero Mission.

>>384987456
His games are Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission, now he has Samus Returns.
>>
File: e 2.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
e 2.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>384987573
>there's nothing wrong with black people fucking my wife, we were originally the same in Africa

this is what you sound like

PRIME'd
>>
>>384987619
PRIME 1 sold more the others couldn't even outsell Super Metroid which is pathetic.
>>
>>384987758
>PRIME 1 sold more
You don't have to post it again, I heard you the first time
>>
>>384987693
>His games are Super, Fusion, and Zero Mission, now he has Samus Returns.

Don't forget Other M!
So he made Metroid and Super Metroid, which are great...
Then he made Fusion, which is neat.
Then he made a remake, which is just a remake.
Then he made shit.
And then he made another remake of a game, that he didn't even make himself.

Let's look at Prime now:
>Everything original, everything by Retro, everything amazing
Really makes you think.
>>
>>384981948
I'm surprised they made it to 3 while bleeding talent. This will be either an entirely new team or a shitty western collaboration like Ninja Theory.
>>
>>384987836
>bleeding talent

is this meme still being perpetuated? about 3 people left, whom went to make Re:Core. What a tragic loss
>>
Why do people want to hate a game so badly? i really can't understand. Do they enjoy the ride of hating stuff till it burns to the ground and gathering other people who also enjoy this phenomenon? It's very childish to me. You're only harming yourself by generating an unhealthy discussion and energy.
>>
>>384987758
>this goalpost moving
You literally said that no prime game outsold ANY mainline game and now you're desperately latching on with Super.
>>
File: RetroStudios.png (19KB, 741x453px) Image search: [Google]
RetroStudios.png
19KB, 741x453px
>>384987819
>which is just a remake.
Except it added tons of new stuff, it's pretty much a brand new game and it's fantastic.

>>384987892
Nice meme.
>>
in this industry of endless sequels, why oh why did it have to be prime 4? that shit isn't going to help sales by familiarity, the last one was so long ago. It's only going to scare new people away.
>>
>>384987810
PRIME 1 is the ONLY Prime game to outsell ANY 2D Metroid game that isn't Zero Mission.

>>384987819
Other M isn't a 2D Metroid game so as far I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Also Prime 2 and 3 sucked and Prime 1 shit on them.
>>
>>384988002
I said no Prime game after the first outsold any mainline game: Metroid, Metroid II, Super, Fusion. So now you have zero reading comprehension.
>>
>>384988003
>Except it added tons of new stuff, it's pretty much a brand new game and it's fantastic.
It's a good remake, for sure. Zero Mission is actually one of my favorite games. But it is JUST a remake. I don't see how that guy remaking his own game adds to the idea of him owning the entire Metroid series alone at all.

>>384988035
>Other M isn't a 2D Metroid game so as far I'm concerned it doesn't exist. Also Prime 2 and 3 sucked and Prime 1 shit on them.
>Other M doesn't exist
Wrong.
>Prime 2 and 3 sucked
Wrong.
>>
File: average anti prime fag.jpg (101KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
average anti prime fag.jpg
101KB, 750x599px
>>384987919
DO NOT underestimate the autism of anti-prime fans, they consist of people like andrew dobsin and themoviebob, never forget that. They joined in on the backlash of prime being first person when it was revealed. However, due to their autism, unlike most people they couldn't let it go when the games turned out to be amazing. Many still have yet to play a prime game, their anger is only exacerbated even further now that Nintendo is prioritizing Prime over 2D with Prime 4.

>>384988003
>a company can only work on one game at a time

Retro's been cooking up a game behind the scenes for a long times, not working on TF =/= left retro. TF doesn't need the amount of manpower prime needs.

>>384988035
>PRIME 1 outsell 2D Metroid
why do you keep repeating yourself? I got you the first time
>>
One of the things I most disliked about Prime was how it failed to give Samus the same level of speed and agility she's had in the 2D games from SM onward. It might not be possible to replicate in first-person, but I'll be disappointed if she's still just as slow as in Prime 1-3.
>>
>>384986498
>source: VGchartz

what a worthless image
>>
>>384988193
>Other M doesn't exist
>defending Other M
You should kill yourself for this post, if you were an actual Metroid you would know to act like Other M never happened and declare it non-canon.

Prime 2 was a rushed piece of shit with ammo and multiplayer, Prime 3 try to turn itself into a FPS when Prime's combat always sucked.
>>
>>384988334
Agreed
>>
>>384988367
VGChartz has higher sales for the Prime series and that shit pile released in 2010.
>>
>>384981948
>what will the worst aspect of the game
it's another super boring 3D metroid
>>
>>384988334
prime 1-3 are faster than super due to the boost ball being able to be used anywhere unlike the speed booster in specific areas, super is slow and floaty as fuck without that. 1 and 2 are less floaty than super, fusion and ZM are the only "fast" metroid games with presumably SR following stead.

I wouldn't mind a speed up in prime 4 though, I feel like they slowed down samus a bit in prime 1-3 because of hardware limitations of room sizes which shouldn't be an issue nowadays
>>
File: FEfag.png (108KB, 482x463px) Image search: [Google]
FEfag.png
108KB, 482x463px
>>384988510
Who said anything about prime? I don't give a shit, the image itself is worthless because it's VGchartz

I only use pic related for metroid sales because I hate FE
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>384988549
>Speed Booster
>Shinespark
>Wall Jump
>Screw Attack

>Slow
>>
>>384988374
I do NOT act like Other M never happened, because I am a Metroid fan! Ignoring this lousy piece of shit is not productive! It should be critizised for all its errors! The harsh reality is that Other M DOES exist and it is the child of the so-called keeper of the Metroid series! It is in fact, as of now, the last big, ambitious Metroid title!

>Prime 2 was a rushed piece of shit with ammo and multiplayer, Prime 3 try to turn itself into a FPS when Prime's combat always sucked.
I disagree with all you're saying except for the part that Prime 2 was rushed. But it was not a piece of shit.
>>
>>384988808
>Speed Booster
already mentioned, it's limited vs. the boost ball which can be used anywhere

>Shinespark
extension of the speed booster

>Wall Jump
which is slow and floaty due to the jumping mechanics (prime 2/3 had these but I won't count them because they were set)

>Screw Attack
which is slower than the prime 2/3 counterparts, it's just not limited
>>
>>384988635
If it was VGChartz puts Other M over a million sales. Everyone knows Other M bombed hard. These are NPDs my friend.
>>
>>384981948
I don't expect it to capture the sense of immersion and atmosphere of prime 1, since prime 2 and 3 didn't.
>>
File: 1500776221998.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500776221998.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>384988937
Your movement options allow you to traverse the levels far faster in Super than Prime, for example in the Crashed Frigate if you want to resurface for whatever reason you have to slowly platform all the way back. If I want to do that in Super I can just wall jump or Shinespark and it takes less than five seconds in most cases. The closest thing to Samus' movement in the 2D games in Prime is scan dashing which isn't an intended feature and is patched out of most versions of the game.
>>
File: pondering.jpg (208KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
208KB, 1300x1300px
>>384989037
>since prime 2 didn't

prime 2's atmosphere is better than 1's
>>
>>384989083
>for example in the Crashed Frigate if you want to resurface for whatever reason you have to slowly platform all the way back

yeah I'll give you this, although prime 2 remedied this
>>
>>384989097
No it's not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LudFV61zsaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXS3XZwPaEk
>>
>>384988829
I'm ignoring it, you got a problem with that?
>>
>>384982176
Dude. Stop overacting. Everyone is just stating their worse fears
>>
>>384989097
I think it just felt too linear for me to appreciate it.
I sometimes think I should give it another chance, but it was one of those games for me that just did not sit well at all.
I liked the opening reading all the creepy messages from dead soldiers, but the light world dark world stuff was just boring.
>>
>>384981948
It'll be linear and narrative driven with shitty characters that anyone older than 15 will not care about
>>
>>384989195
oh now you can fuck right off if you consider OST as part of the atmosphere because the OST of prime 2 is definitely better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOkc9MwFHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_6fLLQ1_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6OTbdgt_Ms
>>
>>384989083
>sexy anime grill on plain background
That's my wallpaper fetish, thanks. (Just gotta extend the width to triple monitor size.)
>>384989202
Nope, I have no problem with what you do. I have a problem with you arguing I'm not a Metroid fan because I choose not to ignore Other M.
As hard as it is, Other M is an entry into this series I love so very much. I don't want history to repeat, so I choose to critizise the game for what it is.
If you don't wanna deal with that, fine. Seems slike fans made enough of a stink already anyway to prevent Big N from ever considering Other M 2.
>>
File: 1500775983434.jpg (109KB, 900x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1500775983434.jpg
109KB, 900x1408px
>>384989160
>although prime 2 remedied this
I'm not sure what you're talking about, what do you mean?
>>
>>384989231
IMO prime 2 has the most flaws of the 3 games but also the best parts of the 3 games

The beginning and Agon wastes are weaker than anything in prime 1 and prime 3 (still good though) but torvus/sanctuary fortress are better than anything in prime 1/3 at the same time. And for the first (and since then last) time a metroid game is actually hard

>>384989350
gravity boost
>>
>>384989475
Oh ok I know what you're talking about, you get that in Submerged Torvus right?
>>
>>384989550
yup, from the alpha blogg fucker
>>
File: 1500501160169.png (99KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1500501160169.png
99KB, 3840x2560px
Never made sense that Crocomire lived in an area where he wasn't suited for evident by him not being able to withstand the extreme heat of Norfair, Dracula's Castle is a better fit for him.
>>
>>384988334
>It might not be possible to replicate in first-person
It is absolutely possible in first person, dummy
What you meant to say is that it isn't possible when you have to play it with a peripheral that isn't made for fucking first person shooters.
>>
>>384990330
>What you meant to say is that it isn't possible when you have to play it with a peripheral that isn't made for fucking first person shooters.

1. Gyro works well though
2. Prime isn't an FPS
>>
We know literally nothing about it,

Worst case scenario is that it's a generic shooter.
>>
>>384982149
Well it's being made by a new team so it's not gonna be the same is it
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.