[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain why a lot of people seem to dislike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: Tim_Shafer.jpg (201KB, 590x335px)
Tim_Shafer.jpg
201KB, 590x335px
Can someone please explain why a lot of people seem to dislike Tim Shafer?

I bought Broken Age recently (due to a PSN sale), and it seems great to me... but I'm bias since I liked Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango (grew up playing the PC versions, too).

If I recall, there was controversy around Broken Age or something? But I ALSO recall there was other issues before B.A.
>>
>>384981341
He's a fag.
>>
Because like most Kikestarters, he's a scam artist.

There's a various list of unfinished games that they just threw on the market, some of which had potential.

But that's the problems with idea guys like Schafer. They need someone who isn't autistic to reel them in and keep them under constraints.
>>
>>384981341

Because Kotick was right.

He hangs with the SJW clique in SanFrancisco. that should be enough right there.
>>
>>384981341
he called a large portion of the gaming population garbage
>>
I'm not autistic enough to remember all the things he has done recently, but I'm pretty sure one thing was cancelling a game mid development after putting it on early access because the game wasn't selling enough
>>
>>384982117
who gives a shit. most people are garbage. why do your feelings need to be coddled? are you sjw as well?
>>
>>384981341
You answered it yourself. You, me, and a whole damn lot of other people love him for his past works and thus see his new work which at times at best is mediocre (or shit in the case of Brutal Legends) as good, when it is really not.

It's the true case of nostalgia glasses for a guy that's a pretty big douche.
>>
>>384982289

Isn't that on Tim though? He shouldn't be getting angry like he does when people decide to not support him after the fact.
>>
>>384982289
>get insulted multiple times by a guy for absolutely no reason
>continue to give him money
this comes pretty close to the definition of cuck
>>
>>384981341
A lot of people who aided his kickstarted felt ripped off.

that's why I never kickstart anything. If the end product results good I'll buy it; But kickstaring leaves you with higher expectations of the final result, so no matter how good or how bad it is, it will always be less of what you hoped.
>>
>>384982512
>brutal legend
>shit

And now we know you're a complete fucking retard with no taste and no soul. Just a plain old fucking faggot.
>>
>>384981341
mods
>>
>>384982770
The first half of brutal legend was good. The half baked rts it became was terrible.
>>
He was pretty involved in the Gamergate stuff. Some shady stuff with Double Fine trying to start their own crowdfunding website, abandoning DF space base and other twitter drama.

He said something to the effect of "my fans wouldn't support GG" and I replied with a photo of a signed poster for donating $500 to the Broken Age kickstarter.
>>
>>384983096

Brutal Legend Multiplayer was great.

It was just like fucking Sacrifice and /v/ loves that game.
>>
>>384981341
I missed the Broken Age stuff, but Doublefine later put out two early access games. Now, Doublefine has that option, but that seems really abnormal at the time, they're established and clearly should be able to finish any game they start on. So one early access game is small and apparently works well enough, the other is Spacebase DF-9. DF-9 because it's Doublefine's 9th game, so you can assume it's a serious effort, right?

Well, turns out they got to a certain point, (around half or less of the original proposed features) and decided "the game is done!". Now, early access doesn't HAVE to be a scam, and people trusted Doublefine to make due on their promises, being as they are established. But they just dropped the game like a hot potatoe and said "it wasn't selling well". Of fucking course it wasn't selling it was LESS THAN HALF FINISHED. In short, there is no way to look at it other than as a scam. Tim Schafer is a scam artist, and there are reasons to believe his Fig crowdfunding operation is the refinement of his scamming technique.
>>
>>384982770
Go back to bed, Tim. Your highly anticipated game sucked, sorry.
>>
>>384983290
I never got to try the multiplayer. Could never connect to other players online. Seems I missed out.
>>
>>384983216
>I replied with a photo of a signed poster for donating $500 to the Broken Age kickstarter.
Did he block you?

I've overall more concerned about his scams, but I wonder if the SJW stuff is connected to that. Remember, SJWs are at their core a cult (just like those pepe newfags), and a cult means members get a free pass for bad behavior. By joining the cult deeply, he gains the support of cult members in the media, and then they won't report on his scams. In fact, I recall one site pointing at crowdfunding scams and specifically highlighting OTHER games that made money on crowdfunding, but ignored Schafers shit. Yooka Laylee is by most accounts poorly thought out, but it is basically the scope of a game that was promised, right? Not the same with Doublefine's abandoned games.
>>
>>384981341
Broken Age was the first vidya kickstarter to actually land a sizable funding and they did a lot to burn off a lot of the goodwill involved ranging from:

- Theoretically acceptable, but hilariously bad alpha release footage (The hipster woodcutter guy was pretty much what everyone was talking about up until the first part releasing.)

- Starting another Kickstarter for Massive Chalice while Broken Age still hadn't released. It was viewed as kinda scummy at the time, since IIRC, Broken Age hadn't had a release date at that point and information was scarce.

- Releasing the game in two parts and the reasoning behind it really pissed off a lot of people as well. They came out and said that they burned through all of the kickstarter money getting the first part done and needed to break it up in order to finance the second part.

Sure the game came out relatively okay at the end of it, but it along with the other examples burned through a lot of the goodwill fans have with Double Fine to the point where we're glorifying Bobby Kotick these days because he was right about Schafer needing a leash.

TL;DR Double Fine/Tim Schafer pulled a proto Mighty No. 9
>>
>>384981341
WHY PEOPLE DISLIKE SCAM KIKER?

I DUNNO CAN'T THINK OF A SINGLE REASON
>>
File: normal poster.jpg (223KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
normal poster.jpg
223KB, 1024x887px
>>384982289
>>
File: 1458424558411.png (87KB, 992x860px)
1458424558411.png
87KB, 992x860px
>>384984984
>>
File: 1490030179238.png (38KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490030179238.png
38KB, 900x900px
>>384984984
Fuck off
>>
>>384985030
the lefty reels in pain as its true form has been revealed
>>
>>384981341
mr shitface has done nothing for games in years
>>
File: stock-photos-cats-9.jpg (41KB, 700x463px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photos-cats-9.jpg
41KB, 700x463px
>>384985139
You're the one reeling, my dude
he got you good
>>
>>384985139
>lefty
You don't know what the word means, my friend
>>
>>384984984
>>384985030
>>384985127
Girls, girls, relax... you're all faggots.

I get hating Schafer as a person because he clearly through gamers to the wolves to get the SJW protection from the media (so that they wouldn't run articles everyday about his scams), but the main thing we should focus on is the scams. Crying "HE WAS MEAN TO ME!" if fine among us, but we already know this shit. You need to keep informed and focused on shit like Spacebase DF-9, scummy practices and how Fig has all the earmarks of a scam factory. Whining about hurt fee fees is beneath us, because that shit should roll off our backs. Tim Schafer is a scam master, and if you get too caught up in your personal feelings about him as a person, he can keep getting away with it. He knows that, that's WHY he pissed on gamers and latched on hard and publicly to the SJWs. He's not good with money, but he's slippery as shit.
>>
File: 1498836061688.jpg (171KB, 637x902px) Image search: [Google]
1498836061688.jpg
171KB, 637x902px
>>384985393
Not him but pic related
>>
>>384985539
Oh look, liberals, not leftists
>>
>>384985539

dc about their gender or w/e they are, but i sure feel sorry for that kids future.
>>
>>384985539
jesus christ
>>
File: header.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
>>384981341
this is one of a few reasons to hate the lazy bastard, making half-arsed products
>>
>>384985539
>>384985553
>>384985657
>>384985664
I'm sure Tim Schafer is happy with how quickly you all get distracted.
>>
>>384981341
He's a lying shit who has taken my money and given back broken promises multiple times. Anytime the development teams under the ass put out games that don't have his dick 3 inches into them they're fun, inexpensive little joyrides. Second he's involved it becomes unpalatable, either over-hyped bullshit or under-performing mechanics. I hate him because he continues the narrative of the billion dollar indy studio keeping legitimate small studios out of the spot light or having shade thrown at them for not having his bankroll, I hate him because he turns everything he's near into something about him, I hate him because he's just yet another fat old programmer resting on their laurels while expecting everyone to praise the work they once did without being able to offer criticism.
>>
>>384985741
The thing about this that gets me is that Doublefine is a WELL ESTABLISHED PUBLISHER when they want you to trust them, but a POOR SMALL DEV when they want you to pity them for fucking over customers. The reason he became so vocal for SJWs during GG was probably motivated in part because he IS corruption in gaming. He's exactly the type of shit we want more fair and balanced coverage of. But since he came down clearly on the side of gaming journalists, they feel indebted to him. He's manipulative as fuck.
>>
>>384985990
anybody bitching about any sort of inequalities is a lazy fucking bastard in my book, who can't make themselves busy with something more useful
>>
>>384985843
The real bad thing is how much he purposefully overshadows real indie devs. There is only so much crowdfunding money to go around, why does Doublefine need to beg for money to put out a game again? Why do they need to use Early Access, and then abandon games for "not selling well" when Early Access should imply you can afford to FINISH THE GAME?

Doublefine is not indie development, they're an amoral publisher hiding under the guise of being small and independent.
>>
>>384986091
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>384986242
that he is a lazy bastard and his PR strategy shows it off well
>>
>>384985553
>liberals not leftists
Oh wow your an absolute moron.What's liberal about that image?There's nothing exactly lefty about it either, although it certainly isn't a coincidence that everyone like the people in that image are leftists.
>>
>>384986354
Oh, yeah, it's a cover for his bullshit, for sure. Because, if he cared about anyone else, he'd be doing charity things with his fame and his games, right? But no, he SAYS he cares, and then begs for money directly into his wallet.

That's the thing about SJWs, I never fought against them because I'm "against equality". I felt they purposefully drew attention away from real people, doing real work to help others, for personal gain. And the fact that Tim Schafer is still getting away with it to this day pisses me off.
>>
>>384984984
I like how there's not a damn thing in that cartoon that refutes anything he says. You cunts really are all annoying as shit.
>>
>>384986493
Is that actually what happens in real life or just in the image you've created of these people in your head from various 4chan memes? All the ones I've met I've met through volunteer and charity work.
>>
>>384986729
Most people who have a folder full of ready to go images to refute criticism are weak pieces of shit. But don't let that distract you from Tim Schafer being a scam artist.
>>
>>384986846
>People doing volunteer work
>SJWs
What? If you think someone who says things a little more left then you like but are actually out there HELPING PEOPLE are SJWs, then you haven't met actual SJWs yet. Think Anita runs a real "charity" that does something that helps anyone besides herself? Think your average Kotaku writer donates to anything beyond Patreons of his personal friends?

If someone is out there volunteering and doing charity work, they're allowed to have their opinion. Those aren't SJWs, anon. SJWs would be people coming to "volunteer" so they could gain something exclusively personal.
>>
>>384986846
nobody who is actually helpful will ever in their right mind put a sticker "SJW" on their forehead/puic bone tattoo/internet profile
>>
>>384987087
Like I said, you've got an image in your head, you've basically created a character that's an amalgamation of all the hypocrisy and bad behavior you've seen in various memes. You then decide anyone with blue hair or left wing views is beat for beat that character. You gotta get outta the house and away from this website dude. Its not healthy.
>>
File: 3uMTf9o.jpg (260KB, 1192x665px) Image search: [Google]
3uMTf9o.jpg
260KB, 1192x665px
>>384981341
>>
>>384987339
>You then decide anyone with blue hair or left wing views is beat for beat that character.
When did I do that?

Did you confuse me for a different string of posts? I've said in this thread that TIM SCHAFER uses the SJW cult in gaming media (which is a small clique that watches out for eachother) to cover his ass when he's clearly doing shady shit that needs media coverage. I never once said Leftwing views are bad, or that I give a fuck what people do with their own hair. I personally think a lot of pepe posting newfags on 4chan are just ANOTHER CULT, like SJWs.

Maybe you're mistake, or just just fucking with me. But whatever. As long as no one forgets that Spacebase DF-9 was a scam.
>>
>>384987339
image is not created out of thin air, dumbass - it is an amalgamation of what the term is represented with in the real world
>>
I have no opinion on him, other then the fact he has never made a good video game.

He has never made a single game with decent gameplay, and it's very hard to carry a game with just humor, and his humor is mediocre at best.

Iron Brigard was alright, but that was more because of that other dude.
>>
>>384987087
>If someone is out there volunteering and doing charity work, they're allowed to have their opinion.
PETA is a largely volunteer organisation and they're terrorists. ISIS is largely volunteer.
>>
>>384987579
Psychonauts was legit fun, and I also liked Iron Brigade. But Psychonauts was a LOOOOONG time ago, so it's hard to see why people give him so much slack when his more recent games have been much less impressive.
>>
>>384987551
ignore the retard shitposting - you'll give them less reason to reply something stupid next time
>>
>>384987675
You don't see how someone making a bad game and someone else thinking they're using a giant sjw conspiracy cult to cover it up isn't a sign of a broken mind?
>>
>>384987629
Volunteer to kill yourself, retard. If you can't read the context of a post and assume volunteer = join fucking ISIS, you're too stupid to keep around.
>>
>>384987675
I suppose he's either shitposting or he really doesn't understand words very well. I'll assume he's just tired, since I'm feeling generous.
>>
>>384987569
Are you a pasty sweaty neckbeard weeb virgin living in your grandma's basement and should I make every decision about you and everything you do with that exact assumption?
>>
<<384987782
no, but i can spot a shitpost from a mile. Here's a hint:
>dum-de-dum, oh you have a discussion about third-party subject - nice
>oh, look, for some reason, in this reply anon for some reason is addressing YOU instead of the subject of discussion
>ignore

that's it - done
>>
>>384987783
Found the PETA volunteer. "hurr save the animals, neck yourself. A cow is more human than a human."
Go fuck a goat.
>>
>>384987865
nah, it's just a good old, pretty blatant shitposting to get a rise out of you.

here's an FAQ on how to spot a shitposter >>384987918
>>
>>384987968
Makes me wonder, is it a Tim Schafer fanboy? I mean, shitposters don't need a REASON, but something brought them to this thread. People did donate to Psychonauts 2 on Fig, despite how shady it all seemed. I wonder how many browse here in the middle of the night.
>>
>>384988126
more likely he's just a miserable lonely fuck who's browsing 4chan catalog for days to relieve themselves on some overzealous fans' anger (and these brand-specific threads are usually the most likely hit)
>>
>>384987918
>>384987968
Nah, I genuinely feel bad for you fuckers. Listening to you guys made me feel like getting upset about anything ever on the internet has been such a massive waste of my life. Tim Schafer is just a guy that made some good games and some bad games. I think I need to go fishing and turn normie.
>>
>>384988261
Probably. Oh well, it was nice chatting, I suppose if anyone else wants to shit on Schafer, I'll be asleep. Take it easy, anon.
>>
>>384981341
>I bought Broken Age

Come back when you've beat it, it was hot garbage we had to wait extra long for AND they ran out of money because they're busy hiring Will Wheaton. Everything else at Double Fine has been skirting mediocrity too, except for stuff like Space Base DF9 which was incomplete garbage they sold for full price. Seriously, just google a little.
>>
>>384988406
you too. Cheers.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.