[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game expects you to be afraid of the final boss after you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 17757420_0.jpg (12KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
17757420_0.jpg
12KB, 540x404px
>Game expects you to be afraid of the final boss after you spend the entire game constantly pushing their shit in
I'm tired of these no stakes no tension final bosses that the game pretends that's they actually have a shot at winning
>>
Name one game where the enemies are actually competent and gain strength as the story develops.
>>
File: Alan-Wake.jpg (103KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Wake.jpg
103KB, 1920x1200px
>>384979817
>>
>>384979029
DQ8 and Rogue Galaxy
>>
>>384979029
Cave Story's final boss(es) felt really threatening to me, actually. Didn't help that they were actually hard as fuck when I got to them, too.
>>
>>384979029
No kidding. I hate it when a final boss is a no-threat joke that the game pretends is extremely dangerous. Looking right at you, FF6 and 7. Compare Kefka effortlessly rolling over for any non-retard to something like Minstrel Song's Saruin, who WILL kill you if you are a shitter who doesn't know exactly how to deal with him.
>>
Dying light.
>>
>civ 5
>montezuma declares war and comes with an army after me
>I kill 10 units losing like1 unit
>he proposes a peace treaty
>he thinks he is winning
>he asks for all my luxury resources and a city
Wtf

Once he also declared war, didn't attack me, then suddenly wanted half of my empire.
>>
File: Vergil_3_Final.gif (43KB, 381x481px) Image search: [Google]
Vergil_3_Final.gif
43KB, 381x481px
>>384979029
After already fighting him twice, you really believe that it's 50/50 on who's going to win the third round. It definitely helps that it's a legitimately hard boss fight.

Also kinda works for >>384979817
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.