[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when building a gaming PC should I just copy builds from logical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: gaming-desktops[1].jpg (98KB, 1041x486px) Image search: [Google]
gaming-desktops[1].jpg
98KB, 1041x486px
So when building a gaming PC should I just copy builds from logical increments and buy shit off amazon and/or newegg?

What are some pitfalls I should take note of when selecting parts? My budget basically caps at 1500 for shit going into the PC itself.
>>
Put your build on hold for six months
Crypto miners are driving up the cost of GPUs to unsustainable levels
Micron just fucked up one of their plants and the RAM/SSD market is out of control
>>
>>384976469
>just wait half a year
nigga are you serious
>>
>1500
you've got an i5 and a 1070
>>
>>384976536
Hey if you want to throw hundreds of dollars away due to market fluctuations be my guest
>>
>>384976327
Dont bother right now, the market is shit.
>>
>>384976847
>>384976605
>>384976469
what about 6 months from now will result in the market suddenly not being shit
>>
>>384976327
Use those as a foundation, then swap out parts as you see fit, ie you like another brand more, maybe a more powerful part, etc. Those things are helpful but not set in stone, building a PC should also be fun because it's yours and you can customize it as you see fit.
>>
>was trying to pick out parts last week
>GPUs are $100-300 more than they should be
why is this allowed, what the fuck is the graphics cards companies doing
>>
>>384978190
cyptocurrency craze (which has now imploded) and nvidia also jacked up their prices to pay for the 970 lawsuit they lost.
>>
>>384978457
>cyptocurrency craze (which has now imploded)
So will it really take months for prices to normalize now if it's a bubble burst?
>>
Use Logical Increments as a base, then see if you can swap for cheaper parts at similar specs. Make a build on PC Part Picker. Consult /g/'s PC building thread for advice on your build.
>>
>>384976878
the ethereum craze will pass due to either the currency devaluating or the dudes in charge of it stopping new coins from being mined and people will stop buying graphics cards in mass, if buying a used card that's been used for crypto mining doesn't bother you then you could even get one for really cheap.

now is a kinda shitty time to buy a pc, the miners are desperate and are buying anything that comes on the market. all low to mid end graphics cards are sold out. yes it's bullshit, yes it's beyond stupid, but it is how it is. i had plans on getting a gtx 1060 while i was on vacation here in the states but now i can't because of autistic fake money
>>
>>384976327
>copy builds from logical increments
>>
>>384980312
what then
>>
File: megumin ctf.png (558KB, 943x720px) Image search: [Google]
megumin ctf.png
558KB, 943x720px
>>384976327
>$1500
Just build a more or less around $800 PC cause you'll just end up playing Japanese games, Western gaming is dying.
>>
File: 1500812412157.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500812412157.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>384980410
Ask /pcbg/ on >>>/g/
>>
>>384980410
just ask yourself what kind of build you want, open newegg in one tab and pcpartpicker in another and go nuts. pick out each component based on what you think you need and go on a chill community like reddit/buildapc (here we're kinda jaded and dickish so YMMV if you ask for real advice on 4chan) and go from there.

some quick advice to a 1st time builder that i wish i would have taken:
-unless you really need the extra expansion ports just get a micro atx motherboard
-if you are getting a micro atx motherboard get a micro atx case, just be sure your graphics card and cpu cooler can fit (it'll say in the specs for both the case and your components the max coverage and their dimensions)
-if you ever are gonna travel and consider taking it with you then you may wanna look into an itx rig, although those cases can get pricey
>>
>>384980662
oh yeah, if you go the itx route for travel reasons make sure you can fit the final result on carry on because otherwise the fuckers at the airport will break your shit
>>
Check for sales on PC components such as CPU, HDD, SDD, cases, and PSUs These go on sale all the time for cheap. For GPUs and RAM I would recommend buying a used 980ti and used RAM. The 980 TI gives performance equal to a 1070 and it costs around 300.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.