[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game tells you THIS is the villain >he never tries to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

>game tells you THIS is the villain
>he never tries to hurt you nor does he care that you try to destroy his kingdom
>in fact the villain wants to co-operate you
>it's still "villain" because game said so

why is this allowed?
>>
>>384970017
$$$
>>
because its an ubisoft game

http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2014/06/ubisoft-game-review/
>>
>>384970017
you are supposed to come to the conclusion yourself at the end of the game. it's a thinking mans game because your allies are shit and your enemy isn't and ajay himself probably notices this at the end. the whole thing was a test to see if the player thinks enough to know that you are the bad guy.
>>
>>384970017
Game doesn't tell you that. You're just lead to believe it because your first interactions with him show him to have explosive anger issues and a willingness to use torture before you're "rescued" by the resistance if you didn't listen to him and sit and eat your food. You assume he's evil because you're too used to that kind of narrative in video games. Had you actually used your own intelligence or role-played as anything other than the ass kicking chosen one you kickly find out he's not all that bad.
>>
>>384970017
>villain is Asian
>voiced by white guy
Why is THIS allowed?
>>
File: that's it.jpg (29KB, 357x335px) Image search: [Google]
that's it.jpg
29KB, 357x335px
>>384970017
never played this games, is there an option in them to join the "bad guys"
>>
>>384970017
You can take his side though. ou just have to wait at the start when he tells you to, he lets you spread your mothers ashes, and he fucks off promptly.
>>
File: 1434090766284.jpg (148KB, 569x569px) Image search: [Google]
1434090766284.jpg
148KB, 569x569px
>>384970017

>sends his army around killing, stealing, kidnapping and torturing
>HURR DURR WHY IS HE TREATED LIKE A VILLAIN?

Oh look it's one of these threads.
>>
>>384970505
See
>>384970574
>>
>>384970505
At the beginning of the game, he leaves you to talk to his pet torturer, at which point you're supposed to escape from his compound and meet up with the resistance.

Instead, you can wait right there for about 15 minutes and get an alternate ending where you bond with the stepfather you never knew you had.
>>
>>384970652
>has no quarrel with you
>HURR DURR I MUST HELP THE RESSISTANCE BECAUSE THIS IS NOTHING THAT INVOLVES ME BUT I MUST HELP THEM BECAUSE UHHH YEAH IM AM VIDEO GAME CHARACTER I NEED TO KILL EVIL MEN WHO ARE IN POWER
>>
>>384970652
Dukat did nothing wrong
>>
>>384970652
Pagan's a right dick, but the rebels are even worse.
>>
>>384970017
Gays are evil OP.
>>
SHOULD HAVE WAITED AND ENJOYED THE CRAB RANGOON
>>
>>384970964
Pagan isn't gay, he's just flamboyant and a snappy dresser. He's still pining over the protags dead mom.
>>
>>384970574
>>384970792
will you be able to join the "bad guys" in the next Far Cry game too? would maybe make me buy it if that's the case.

i was just wandering if this was a common theme in these games, never played them before.
>>
>>384970846
>has no quarrel with you

>I'm fine with people doing heinous shit as long as they have no quarrel with me

You sound like a complete beta who just wants to go unnoticed. Pathetic.

>>384970889
No argument there, but that doesn't mean Pagan isn't a seriously bad guy.
>>
>>384971071
Hell yeah I am joining the bad guy rednecks!

FUCK YEAH AMERICA IS #1 IN THE WORLD
>>
>>384970443
Hong kong
>>
>>384970652
And your "allies" do plenty of bad shit. The whole area is in conflict, he just happens to have a standing army fighting against guerrillas, terrorizing villages and stealing supplies that are most likely stockpiled by/for Rebels is pretty SOP
>>
>>384971190
What's wrong with that? More choice in-game is usually better
>>
>>384970017
>you fight for a shitty movement of retards that hate a guy that is pretty violent but has the right mindset for the region

What's wrong with this? its almost realistic. There is no clearly white vs black defined in real life situations. Its all about you doing what you think its best for everyone.
>>
>>384971147

The Resistance MURDERED YOUR FAMILY. Pagan Min didn't.
>>
>>384971147
>projecting this hard
>>
>Kill Pagan Min because he's a dickwad
>Kill the resistance leaders too because they're all equally fucked
>Only figureheads were killed and the conflicts will easily rise again
I assume it was FC4's intent that I felt like I accomplished nothing for the region.
>>
>>384971324
>As long as someone doesn't harm me personally, whatever else they do is irrelevant

Retard logic, everyone.
>>
>>384970964
He's hardly gay, he cucked the shit out of Mohan or whatever his name was
>>
>>384970017
>far cry 3
>jason
>hoyt and vaas kidnap his friends and kills his brother
>jason is a pussy
>overcomes his pussiness and FEELS LIKE HE'S WINNING every time he kills
>has clear motivation to do what he's doing

>far cry 4
>ajay
>shows up and some rebels want him to kill the leader of the country
>ok

Why was Far Cry 4 so shit in comparison to 3?
>>
>>384971538
Just like FC2.
>>
>>384970443
because the game was made in white country
if it was made in china, white people would have chinese voices.
>>
>>384971683
>overcomes his pussiness
>can't stop crying every time he skins an animal

Got real fucking sick of that.
>>
>>384971065
>>384971634
He tells you right out at one point that he is "indeed batting for the other team".

So, at the most, he's a switch hitter.
>>
>>384971147
>You sound like a complete beta who just wants to go unnoticed. Pathetic.

HURR LET'S PLAY A HERO AND HELP THE PEOPLE WHO KILLED MY FAMILY

Life is not like you japanese animes you idiot
>>
>>384971559

And your character lacks any real motivation to take on a warlord for a group of people who MURDERED YOUR FAMILY.
>>
>>384971803
>>384971828

If you guys had played the game, you would know that nobody knows the circumstances of Mohan's death, or who Lakshmana even was was.

You can't claim the 'resistance' was behind that.
>>
>>384972058
It was a fucking inside job and Pagan Min did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1500840402143.jpg (244KB, 1275x1880px) Image search: [Google]
1500840402143.jpg
244KB, 1275x1880px
>wait until the torture is over
>pink guy apologizes for the sound
>takes me in chopper to deliver the ashes of my mom
>literally the only reason I am here
>pink guy used to be mom's lover
>he is good with me
Best ending my dudes
>>
>>384971559
Can you honestly not see the irony in your post, or are you baiting?
>>
>>384970017
>genuinely the least worse choice compared to the other two winos, if he was pickable.
>easter egg ending is the best ending, even if you can't play the game anymore
>game is literally telling you not to play it, if your morals are in tact
>>
>>384970652
Rebels are even worse.
At least Min doesn't force children into military service and to work on drug fields 24/7 or purging people for praying wrong and doing liberal stuff like being able to read.
>>
>>384972110
>It was a fucking inside job

It was his mom killing his dad for killing his sister. It was purely personal and had nothing to do with the resistance again Pagan Min.

The only reason the resistance leaders are bad guys is because they exploit the country they are claiming to protect, but admitting that means the "Pagan Min isn't a villian" meme is flat out wrong, since he's just as bad.
>>
>>384972121
>>384972385
wait, so you cannot join the bad guys? so i take it you cannot join the bad guys in the upcoming game either?
you fuckers almost had me pre-purchase.
>>
>>384970652
>interfering in a foreign civil war you know nothing about and joining a force that is basically Hindu ISIS
And you somehow still want a moral high ground
>>
>>384972795
You can join the """"bad"""" guys either on the very beginning or on the very end.
>>
>>384970017
>Game based in Pajeetland

>Literally NONE of the NPCs are shitting on the roads.

Shit game.
>>
>>384972604
>to work on drug fields 24/7

Honestly, he might. There's no reason to assume he doesn't force people to work in the opium fields.
>>
File: 1494970032499.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1494970032499.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>384972906
>shit game
>>
>>384972906
>Tibet is India

American education everyone
>>
>>384972906
Street shitting is kinda overblown. They do it everywhere, particularly on the beaches where it will ideally wash away.
>>
>>384972816

>joining Hindu ISIS to take down Chinese Kim Jong-il

Sounds metal as fuck.
>>
>>384972795
No anon, you ARE with the bad guys.
>>
>>384972926
Well, Amita herself went across the country and took kids from their homes and forced them to go along with her thugs.
If Min already did it, there wouldn't be any kids left for her to round up like cattle.
>>
>>384972656
You cant be bad when killing non humans
>>
>>384970017
The "game" doesn't "tell" you anything. Various characters in the game tell you things.

You can make up your own mind.

Pagan Min is a bad guy, but the two main people you work for aren't exactly nice people either.

In fact, in interviews and stuff the developers themselves point this out.
It was intentional. A commentary on choices and motivations and the relativity of morality.
>>
>>384972998
>Tibet

>>>Kyrat also (किरात) or (ཀྱ་རཏ) is a fictional Himalayan country, located near Nepal in the Himalayas (bordering Patna, India
>>
I was hoping for a choice to kill the remaining ally at the end of the game. I can't recall their names anymore but they were both dicks. Ajay should just plant himself as the new King and rule justly.
>>
Rebels are fucking scum, running a drug empire and using child soldiers
>>
>>384973384
You can kill the other asshole. I put a bullet in the chicks skull after she dropped some heavy handed hints that she had given orders to kill the loli so that there was no chance that the old religious order would be restarted.
>>
>>384973384
You can kill them, although it doesn't DO anything.

After the credits go to either Sabal or Amitas I dunno... Garrison towns, you'll see them walking around with a few guards and they'll say something to you and you can shoot them.
>>
>>384973518
I know but either of them is bad as a leader. I always kill the chick too because she's insufferable as fuck. Wanting to kill the kid and turn the country into a drug state, not on my fucking watch.
>>
>>384973384
You can, but story doesn't care about that anymore.
>>
>>384973704
Oh shit seriously? Never knew that. But which garrisons are they at? The first village? I'd been thinking about replaying the game so I might end it by killing both.
>>
>>384973892
Tirtha for Amita, the Island Temple for Sabal iirc. Both tell you how they're going to fuck over the entire country, then turn their backs on you and walk away. You can kill them which sends the rebels nearby hostile, but if you leave the area there's no long term repercussions.
>>
>>384973892
If you sided with Sabal he should be in Bannapour.

If you sided with Amita she should be in that village in the northern half of the country if I remember correctly.
>>
>>384974165
Nice, definitely doing that. Thanks anon.
>>
I'm disappointed they didn't make his side playable.
>>
>>384974321
Scratch that, >>384974165 this guy knows
>>
>>384970303
>>384970257
These
>>
>>384970652
>Rebels are good despite all the bullshit they pull because "Random biased influences said the other guy is worse"
What are Contras?
>>
>>384974739
>What are Contras?
Old ass video games?
>>
>>384974739
I never knew how to activate almonds but upon reading I have to soak them up in water for 24 hours. Interesting
>>
>>384974918
I keked but I meant Nicaragua
Again good joke though
>>
>>384971683
>Far Cry 3
>play as Chad Richcock, the yuppie jabroni from SoCal
>Whoyt and Vaas kidnap his douche friends and cheerleader/UCLA student council president yuppie girlfriend
>Jason gets a tribal tattoo to cope

>Far Cry 4
>play as an actual human who isn't a total faggot
>get caught up in personal business
>>
>>384970017
For a "villain" he was very likeable.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 417x353px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 417x353px
Well,did he do nothing wrong?
>>
I've enjoyed the Farcry games for the most part, Hurk needs to go away though.

He's not funny.
>>
>you get best ending by listening to him
they should've expanded on it to be honest
>>
>>384975634
Literally all Far Cry villains are like this.

They are either completely friendly/cordial and only want you to sit the fuck down while they do their business, or flat out try to help you and only try to attack you when you repeatedly murder their henchmen and try to stab them in the face.

I mean hell Vaas, if memory serves, was actually the most 'antagonistic' of the entire series' villains, and he was never going to kill you until you flat out ruined his plan to ransom you and murdered his buddies. And even then, when he figures out his whore sister is trying to turn you into a replacement-him, he loses his shit and repeatedly tries to warn you away and get you away from her (in his own insane way, eventually just trying to kill you because he honestly believes its a mercy).

That's not even counting Hoydt, who gives no fucks about you until you invade his home and start shooting up his workshops, Jackal who saves your life multiple times and helps you escape the country even after you spend 40+ hours trying to murder him, and Min who just wants to shoot some ducks with you and chill.
>>
>>384971071
I didn't play the first couple but in 3 it's ambiguous and in Primal the neanderthals in the North are bad by circumstance and misunderstanding+superstition, but the Izila like to burn people for shits and giggles.
>>
I never really payed attention to it, but good/bad was Farcry Primal?
>>
>>384976494
>>384976687
>Literally forgot Primal existed

Damn, I am here kinda hyped for 5 but, I totally forgot Primal was a thing
>>
>>384976493
I've only played this one, and I couldn't bring myself to get the achievement for killing the guy. I mean goddamn, I would have been bros with him instead if I could.
>>
>>384976494
I never understood Far Cry Primal because it doesn't fucking work as a Far Cry game.

The formula is always
>someone non-native to a god-forsaken shithole comes to said shithole for some reason
>visitor is thrown into savage environments and slowly loses their humanity and morality
>visitor comes to be a paragon of the new land by embodying all the traits needed to survive; sociopathy, lack of empathy, and no care for anyone there except as tools
>visitor is finally forced to choose between remaining in shitsville, or return to civilization

You can't fucking do that with a tribal human, there is no goddamn civilization to go to. So what's the point of it, 'savage guy acts like a savage guy and beats up a bunch of other savage guys to protect his savage community who is slightly less savage than everyone else'?
>>
Far Cry 3 and 4 were games with potential. They felt nice to play, but being open world was so boring. They became typical Ubisoft repetition within 10 hours so I didn't get far into either. If they were more kibearz I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed them.
>>
>>384976870
Far Cry 4 was honestly the most heavy-handed, because every ending is a bad ending. Except the joke ending, hilariously, because that just is Min continuing to do what Min does and its honestly not that bad compared to the shit that goes down after you beat the game for one of the factions.

The entire area would have been better off if you had just not started playing the game, or just visited and fucked back off home like you were supposed to.
>>
>>384977163
That's the one where you just wait right? I wish more games did that, that was my favorite ending.
>>
>>384976687
There are neanderthals in the North dying of a weird mixture of Cannibalism and syphilis that fight you because they think killing you will cure them or something, and the guys in the South, which are humans like you, are weird Aztec-y dudes who burn people a lot.

I enjoyed the game overall but the poor story killed it for a lot of people.
>>
>>384976915
> I want to play the same game over and over again
Let me guess, you play souls games too
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.