[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love new vegas but how can anyone honestly think this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_0400.jpg (614KB, 2840x1881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
614KB, 2840x1881px
I love new vegas but how can anyone honestly think this is good world design
>>
>>384967708
I don't see the issue
>>
The Mojave has natural boarders, Bethesda games don't.

What's better?

>Please turn back you can't go there

or

>Mountain/Canyon.
>>
>>384967708
>explore the waters of the commonwealth
>literally nothing of value in them
>>
>>384968694
But your favourite game already does that
>>384969047
Shame that there wasn't a quest to find pre war tea under the sea
>>
What's wrong with it?
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (2MB, 3000x2416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
2MB, 3000x2416px
>>384969445
>>
>>384967708
>navigate actual terrain vs going from a to b in a straight line

I bet you think Skyrim's straight corridor dungeons are good design too.
>>
File: U.jpg (202KB, 1200x731px) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
202KB, 1200x731px
>>384969445
>>
>>384969047
>>384969445
>tfw was hoping for some epic underwater secrets, perhaps an underwater Vault
>NOTHING BUT RUBBLE
>>
NV has the best world, quality over quantity.

F3 is pretty much a corridorfest since all the buildings/subways are arranged that way.
>>
boston was a shit location. shouldve given us seattle or florida
>>
>>384969753
Theres marine armor in FH

>>384967708
What's your gripe with it? I don't really see the problem. Because they removed level scaling and handcrafted enemy encounters, the world still pretty much works.
>>
>>384969701
>Realistic terrain
>In video games
Exploring the world isn't as fun as in vidya because it's huge and filled with nothing.
>>
>>384969907
>Florida
>filled with mutant alligators and pythons
>1950s miami
sounds awesome
>>
>>384970069
>mutated sawgrass
>+5-25 damage per second
>>
>>384970041
Why even play open world games if that's your view?
>>
>>384967708
Exactly how is a square better? Atleast with New Vegas the invisible walls are usually impossible to reach.
>>
>>384970346
>an open world game means you can't have realistic terrain
Are you retarded?
>>
>>384970069
>instead of raiders we have Florida Mans
>>
>>384969907
INFamous second son already did Seattle
>>
>>384970602
>old folks resorts full of ghouls and lily inspired super mutants
>post apocalyptic vice city setting
>fallout mardi gras
>>
>>384970539
The way it was worded sounded like you were saying video game worlds weren't fun to explore.
>>
>>384969920

>Theres marine armor in FH

>find the quest to find this shit
>do the extra parts of the simulation
>spend 20 minutes running to the first piece
>realize I can literally get the exact same gear from rando children of atom faggots
>realize it doesn't even have legendary affixes

Fuck you, Bethesda.
>>
>>384971000
Fallout 3's world in particular is absolutely not fun to explore.
>>
>>384970346
To explore a world that's actually full of things to do you dipshit
>>
>>384969907
>seattle
>tfw you will never create cascadia and fight the NCR and canadians trying to annex seattle now called the Rattle
>>
>>384967708
>Southwest Commonwealth
F4 was kind of a bag of shit but giving credit where it's due, discovering an entire zone outside of the immediately apparent map boundary was a neat moment.
>>
>>384971024
I think its for people who side with the harbormen
>>
>>384971302

Then it's even easier to get, as you can shoot one of 100 guys and loot that shit.
>>
>>384969907
>not Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

I want my Fallout games green and bright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEvGKUXW0iI
>>
>>384971450
Water gameplay and look is consistently terrible in fallout though. Hard to Enjoy a game centered around a set of islands or island
>>
>>384972262
Why not just focus on Oahu and let the water act as a border? Swim too far/too deep out and you get killed by a mutated shark.
>>
>>384971450
why would the chinks nuke Hawaii?
>>
>>384967708
???? I don't get it OP. What's the issue?

based on the maps. I know FO4 is horeshit.
>>
>>384969907
No. You are SO fucking wrong. Both in terms of the game universe and in terms of REAL universe. Boston is important in both.
At best, they could have expanded it a bit as Boston is small.
>>
>>384972961
To take out the naval bases stationed there.
>>
>>384969907
They chose Boston cause it was the place where the american revolution began and fits the minutemen
>>
>>384972961
I'd imagine Hawaii had a huge military presence in the Fallout universe, since it would serve as the frontlines for defense. Pearl Harbor would be a fucking fortress.
>>
>>384972961
to finish the job
>>
>>384973108
Imagine being this fucking delusional

Boston is irrelevant. Nobody in Europe or Asia can think of anything to do with it. It's bland as fuck. No wonder they had to make a fucking Baseball Field one of the 'landmarks'

FO4 is shit, and Boston itself being fucking horrible is just one of many reasons why it's a vapid, soulless husk of a game
>>
>>384973707
>Boston is irrelevant. Nobody in Europe or Asia can think of anything to do with it.

Yeah man they should have just set it in New York or Los Angeles like every other game.
>>
>>384973707
Boston is insanely famous. Are YOU an idiot? MIT, Harvard. Historically VERY famous. Anyone with any basic history knowledge of USA knows it. Amazingly famous for being liberal (No, not SJW, though it is now).
The Institute comes from there.
Please delet yourself.
>>
>>384973707
Everyone in the world know Boston. You're just a dumbfuck.
>>
>>384968694
Considering how some mountains can easily while a hill you can clearly jump over is blocked by an invisible wall, I'd say the former.

I love New Vegas but every solution in that game to block you from a path was just to throw in an invisible wall, even when it looked like you could go through. Not even Fallout 3 did that.
>>
File: 1462833695579.png (234KB, 708x520px) Image search: [Google]
1462833695579.png
234KB, 708x520px
But it is good world design. Major towns are placed along roads with their own farming operations, walls for safety, trading hubs, small setups for tribal factions./mine workers, water pipes that bring water to all sorts, military outposts, there's a whole lot of well-designed areas in New Vegas.

Meanwhile Fallout 3 has a settlement made out of the dismantled parts of a plane with no vegetation, no crops, exactly one Brahmin, centered around an atomic bomb. Wouldn't it have been easier to build giant walls around the town of Sunnyvale? You know, the town like 200 feet away with already built houses, a road system, and allows people to live without climbing up dangerous metal scaffolding in a huge crater?

No bullshit I can could go to every town/settlement/area in all of Fallout 3 and explain exactly why those towns are designed like shit and why it would be way better if they just moved like 300 feet. Children living in a huge cave system? "Towns" where a girl supposedly grew up that are exactly four fucking metal shacks on top of a highway system with no farming for miles? It's bush league bullshit, plain and simple.
>>
>>384973862
No, doesn't necessarily have to be there. Though FO1 did have nuked-Los Angeles feature

Just a a major culturally relevant city that would actually be interesting. So definitely NOT boston

>>384973968
>>384974050
t. butthurt amerifats

you actually fucking think being supposedly 'amazingly famous for being liberal' is something that is going to make people want to play a fucking Fallout game there. Nobody cares that people in boston vote .02% more for hillary than kansas, and for fuck's sake nobody sees it as a reason to want to play a game there.

For that reason, of course the game was a forgettable mess even the mainstream casuals didn't care for.
>>
>>384967708
>Thinks world design is solely about open spaces
You're a fucking retard if you think this. World design should be about how players interact with the world and how it responds to player choices. Fallout 3 fails miserably at that
>>
>>384974104
Fo3 had these rubble blocked paths in washington DC proper. You had to use metro tunnels to get around them. The rest of the map is pretty much wide open.
>>
>>384974475
> a dumbfuck
Uh, have you heard of London, Paris, or Moscow? Don't be embarrased, anon. Just admit you're stupid as fuck.
>>
File: fish.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>384974389
>Wouldn't it have been easier to build giant walls around the town of Sunnyvale? You know, the town like 200 feet away with already built houses, a road system, and allows people to live without climbing up dangerous metal scaffolding in a huge crater?

I've never really understood people's push for realism in the Fallout series. It's always been pretty silly. I'm not saying they should do just anything, but I like the idea of people moving into a shipwrecked aircraft carrier or a bunch of cultists founding a city on a bomb. It's not something that would ever happen in reality and that makes it interesting to me.
>>
>>384974389
World design it all makes sense and incredibly logical to the story.

However Game design I feel it's pretty bad. The game choke holds you for the first one to two hours of the game or so in one extremely linear path. Sure some people would tell you to just "Sneak by Black Mountain" but that's really specific route that not everyone can accomplish if not trying for a sneak based charter, not to mention that alone doesn't lend to much freedom. The game also overuse invisible walls like hell. They are usually scattered untop mountains but the problem is what mountains can easily be climbed and what mountain is there to specifically block you is never made clear. Sometimes I can easily walk on a mountain that is 80 degree's upward perfectly fine, and other times there will be a small hill that you can't jump over despite it being fairly small and can see over it.
>>
>>384974475
You actually never heard of Boston? Maybe the problem is you.
>>
>>384974475
>Just a a major culturally relevant city that would actually be interesting.
What would you recommend, fellow anonymous?
>>
>>384974683
>Fo3 had these rubble blocked paths in washington DC proper.
And honestly that worked better, because it was an actual wall.

With a mountain in New Vegas it's a dice roll whether you can just walk over it or if trying to climb it will just waste my time.
>>
>>384974908
>but I like the idea of people moving into a shipwrecked aircraft carrier or a bunch of cultists founding a city on a bomb
There's nothing inherently wrong with these things. The problem is that apparently those people don't fucking eat
>>
>>384973968
everybody knows harvard and MiT, few people know it's in boston
>>
>>384974475
Anon...
You can't be serious...
>>
>>384975134
Even if so, Boston should be well known. My sister lives in Boston and travels all around (Europe, Asia, and parts of Southeast Asia): they ALL know Boston.
>Oh, Red Sox!
>MIT!
etc
If you don't know it, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>384974837
If you think Boston is remotely anywhere near relevant or recognisable as those cities, then you're a frothing at the mouth retard.

London - Big Ben
Paris - Eiffel Tower
Moscow - The Kremlin

Boston - ???
>>
>>384975067
>referencing that autistic video

Rivet City has a hydroponics garden and Megaton is a trade hub.
>>
>>384975067
>the crops shit again
can somebody post the increasingly accurate b8 comic?
>>
>>384975314
Pisses me off how shit Bethesda are.
>Obsidian go for a well thought out, interesting, iconic, themed area to use

>Bethesda respond by putting in some jack shit no name irrelevant murrica city nobody gives a shit about instead of somewhere interesting like Russia or Europe.
>>
>>384975314
>I am an idiot, please rape my face
Use wikipedia. And save us the embarrassment
I'll give you ONE answer, so you don't say "You have no retort"
>BOSTON Tea party
>>
>>384974931
it's those things that make the game design great, though
instead of making every area scale to your level and become kinda generic because you can go anywhere, the game has a vague path for you to follow and sets up the world so that there are really challenging areas you can't go to until you become powerful enough

people complain a lot about the "railroading" in early new vegas but you can still skip a lot of stuff. you can walk right past the mojave outpost and you can go straight through or around primm, novac, nipton and boulder city without talking to anyone there
you miss out on experience and loot if you do but you can always go back later, nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to stop in each of these places and solve their problems before you leave. it's pretty easy to get to new vegas without stopping at all the "stations" and without cutting through the middle, you just have to walk more. they even have the kings questline to get into new vegas proper if you do this and don't have the money to get in
>>
>>384967708
you should explain yourself, or kill yourself
>>
>>384975313
>anon lying about rice farmers caring about some shitty baseball team and college
The delusional state of amerifats

kid are worshipping ronaldo and messi, not some random amerifat baseball player (i can't even name one truly world-famous one like michael jordan was for basketball)
>>
>>384975604
>tries to justify him knowing nothing except about kickball with 2 goals
You're really an idiot. Boston is world famous. End of story.
>>
>>384975496
fallout will always be set in the usa
the Eurabian caliphate obvious didn't survive the war or regressed further towards the stone age then the already have
>>
>>384975604
You don't know Babe Ruth?
>>
>>384975604
>ronaldo and messi
literally who?
>>
>>384975687
>Boston is world famous.
About as world famous as Paeroa.
>>
>>384969907
New York, LA and small town Steven King villages in the north of the country near the Canadian border are the only interesting settings in America.
>>
>>384972961
The Japanese all emmigrated there lost world due to Japan being too irradiated and now Hawaii looks like a post apocalyptic tokyo
>>
>>384975315
No one in fo3 eats anything that isn't either 200 year old packaged food or dead animals like mirelurks and dogs. Moira sends you to look for food in an old super duper mart for her guide.
>>
>>384975604
Are you fucking serious? EVERYONE knows Boston.
You're just an uneducated idiot. Give it up: It's famous and people demand to travel there.
>>
>>384975687
>Boston is world famous.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. It's an important part of American History and a landmark mind you, but the rest of the world that doesn't know as much of American history probably won't know or care.
>>
>>384975510
>can't think of a single actual famous landmark so he names a historical event from 300 years ago
>not even a particularly interesting one, just a bunch of ameribongs chimping out

You see. Having to gimmick a stupid shit for the american independence war- as if that would be in any way relevant to fallout- because there's absolutely nothing else of interest. the whole minutemen thing was shit. FO3 sucked ass because of a similar deal, but at least there were some cool things like the monuments and the ded white house.

compare to the other fallout games where people actually react and do stuff that would make some semblance of sense in the universe, instead of jerking off over a theme that's not even close to a deal today, much less a post-apocalyptic fallout universe (muh redcoats!)
>>
>>384975818
>HURR
>It has two of the best/most famous universities in the world
>shit load of people travel/visit there yearly
>famous historically and ridiculously culture
>one of the most important cities on the East Coast
>one of the most important cities in AMERICA
>>
>>384975992
>needs to have a landmark to be important
What an idiot. It's not famous for landmarks; It's historic, cultural, and educational. You heard of MIT, Harvard, BC, BU? Then you know Boston.
>>
>Yuro pretending all Americans are stupid when he's never heard of Boston
>>
>>384975826
>no texas
>no las vegas
>no grand canyon or salt lakes
>no great lakes
>no NO
consider suicide
>>
>>384976031
And Paeroa is world famous in New Zealand. We get it, you're annoyed that your hometown isn't a big deal outside the states. Get over it.
>>
>>384975992
>can't think of a single actual famous landmark so he names a historical event from 300 years ago
Please tell me you're not a Eurocunt. 94% of all European cities only have that to defend themselves.
>>
>Rednecks trying to pretend anyone else in the world cares about Boston
kek
>>
>>384967708
I haven't played Fallout 3 but I had more fun exploring in NV than I did in 4
>>
>>384975982
>>384975992
Listen closely: People around the world know Boston. I've never EVER met someone who did not know it. Maybe I was super lucky and I only met intelligent people, but when I said "Oh, I live near Boston" they knew what it was. The problem is probably the samefag and not the 40+ people I met.
>>
>>384976167
All of those are boring. Deserts and cowboys are shit.
>>
>>384976168
most people globally don't even know new zealand exists m8
I remember looking at a map when i was 24 and realizing that shit was a country for the first time. theres nothing they've ever done of relevance in human history
>>
>>384975992

So New Vegas gimmicked in ancient fucking Rome?

It makes sense that people living in an area would be influenced by the local history considering the number of revolution war tourist traps in the area.

At least as much sense as one guy building an entire civilization entirely around something he read in a few books.
>>
>>384976168
You're an idiot.
>>
>>384976031
>famous historically and ridiculously culture
LOL you actually believe this shit, but that takes the cake. I can't think of anybody sitting around a city in Spain, France, or Germany thinking of all of Boston's "famous historically and ridiculously culture" (apparently the unis are shit too since your grammar is ridiculously shit)

FO4 was a massive flop, explain why nobody cared to explore your supposedly world-famous city?
>>
>tried playing FONV 3 different times
>always got outside NV then tried to get in and couldn't so just stopped playing
fuck I'm glad I stuck with it and finished it but I remember being super annoyed about that
I actually might play NV again, I didn't like it that much when I first played it but I might give it another shot
>>
>>384976287
>las vegas is boring and not world known
this level of bitter delusional yurofaggotry is simply getting out of hand at this point
>>384976218
>boston
>redneck
anon i...
>>
>>384975510
Sorry fellow American, nobody give a shit about your "revolution."
>>
>>384975314
Do you know St. Petersburg, or Krakow?
Honestly?
If yes: You should know Boston.
If no, you are just pure uneducated.
>>
>>384975992
So let's talk about Caesar's Legion and the ridiculousness of recreating Rome in a post apocalyptic world.
>>
>>384976440
>American Revolution sparked revolutions in other countries
>not important
Sucks you are so fucking stupid. You heard of the French Revolution right? Guess what sparked that.
>>
>>384976505
>Saint Petersburg/Krakow
Yes. Cool places.

>Boston
Not really, might as well be Tulsa or Kansas
>>
>>384976492
>False flagging
Or one of the truly stupid Americans.
>>
>>384976492
>Sorry fellow American
>nobody give a shit about your "revolution."
>your

Butthurt euro detected. How's Muhammad treating your wife?
>>
>>384976639
Anon, then fucking learn about the world. They are on the same level. I am NOT joking. Boston is among the top 5 most important American cities and historically very important too.
>>
>>384976505
>Do you know St. Petersburg, or Krakow?
don't know either of those tbqh
>>
>>384976752
Lel. Wikipedia friendo. Pretty important NON-capital cities (though both were for a time)
>>
File: visits.jpg (97KB, 709x598px) Image search: [Google]
visits.jpg
97KB, 709x598px
>>384976639
Faneuil Hall is extremely popular.
>>
>>384976590
>You heard of the French Revolution right? Guess what sparked that.
Poverty in France, Enlightenment thought (which was in no way a particularly American thing, suggesting otherwise is laughable)

Or do you really think Robespierre, Napoleone, etc were jerking off to American rebels while they were dealing with the entirety of Europe waging war against them.

Oh please tell me of the lines in War And Peace, or Les Miserables that reference how important the Americans were

fucking hell i can at least understand taking credit for WWII, but this shit is just mindblowingly stupid from you lot
>>
>>384974475
Listen here you faggot, most people around the world know Boston for the MIT, the Irish, the battle of Bunker Hill, Harvard, the Boston Marathon bombing and that mediocre law series with William Shatner.
t. European
>>
File: oh you.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>384976841
>russia and poland
thats some secondworld ass shit right there man
>>
>>384973707
>Europe or Asia

So no one important then?
>>
>>384967708
Bethesda has always been great at world building.

Obsidian is typically better at story building.
>>
>>384976918
IF WE DISCOUNT ALL NATIONS, BUT MINE. I WIN!

Let's agree; You fucking lost.
>>
>>384976897
Le Déclaration des droits de l'homme et du citoyen was directly inspired and borrowed heavily from the declaration of independence you retarded mouthbreather
>>
>>384976752
>third worlders
>>
>>384976897
American Revolution showed them they could win against the monarchy. It was actually quite the partnership in a way: French idealist influences American revolutionists, who would give evidence it could be done.
Did you pass highschool? How do you not know this shit? I admit, I'm VERY deliberately simplifying it.
>>
>>384975496
>somewhere interesting like Russia or Europe.
oh look it's another retard who doesn't understand Fallout
>>
>>384977054
...lost at what? just saying i never looked into russian cities cause i would never go to that shithole. Much like i don't know a single city in Niger, Ethiopia, or Croatia
>>
>>384976916
>if i say i'm european maybe they'll believe me!
How desperate are you
>>
>>384977228
St. Petersburg is very European and a must-see city. And Krakow is pure European. You simply have NO knowledge.
>>
File: stop.png (111KB, 299x271px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
111KB, 299x271px
>this thread
>>
we wuz kangz
>>
>>384977078
It was also directly helped by Thomas Jefferson during his time getting wasted and fucking bitches in France.
>>
File: bloody baron feel.jpg (95KB, 658x708px) Image search: [Google]
bloody baron feel.jpg
95KB, 658x708px
>>384969047
>sail across Skellige
>constantly attacked by annoying sirens
>map is littered with question mark points of interest
>all of them are fucking nothing
>>
File: famous.png (303KB, 1164x373px) Image search: [Google]
famous.png
303KB, 1164x373px
Here. Let's not forget America is among the most famous countries.
>>
File: paris 2016.jpg (258KB, 590x407px) Image search: [Google]
paris 2016.jpg
258KB, 590x407px
>>384977349
>european
>must see city
lol no
Yuros are intollerable and their cities nowadays look like
>pic related
>>
>>384977319
Well I'm not completely retarded since you receive basic knowledge about American cities in every western and central european highschool. Things like BOSTON Tea Party or where the MIT is simply ring a bell granted you don't live in a Favela trying to not get raped by monkeys.
>>
>>384977683
What does that have to with my post? Really. It's unrelated.
So take that your post is unrelated to my post
and added the fact that Russia and Poland are ridiculously racist. And that equals: Fuck off.
>>
>>384977782
See? You know about Boston.
>>
>>384977349
Those cities are as you said, very European and famous

Boston is cultureless, run-of-the-mill American and just another dot on the globe. I'm not that anon but I have no idea where you're getting this idea that Boston is in any way a place that a global audience cares about.

>>384976916
>t-t-the irish!
Yeah like fucking Conor McGregor maybe. People actually from Ireland, not autistic amerifats crying and larping MUH HURITAGE
>>
>>384967708
Why New Vegas is bad: Johnny Guitar every 5 minutes
>>
>>384977958
You're not listening. Boston is VERY cultural and very famous. You NEED to give up and accept you're ignorant. EVERYONE with a high school level degree knows it's existence.
>>
>>384977817
>and added the fact that Russia and Poland are ridiculously racist
>according to the Arena Atlas, the survey found that 6.5% or 9,400,000 were Muslims.
>Another survey by the Pew Research Center, in May 2017, found that 10% of Russia's population is Muslim. According to a news article of Russia Today, Muslim minorities make up approximately 15% of the total population of Russia.
u were saying?
you're right about poland though, they're good people
>>
>>384977660
>a crappy flag instead of a real picture, it's that fucking forgettable
kek
>>
>>384977683
>go to the ghetto of a European city
>see sandniggers
>go to the ghetto of an American city
>see packs of niggers roaming the street
>go to ghetto in South America
>see dirt poor south americans because even sandniggers wouldn't go there
>go to ghetto in Africa
>oh wait everything's the ghetto
>go to ghetto in Asia
>it's ranging from Africa to South America
>>
>>384976321
And now you know how the majority of people feel about Boston. Give them a map of the US and they'll probably point to the mid-west if you asked them to find it.
>>
>>384977958
Pretty sure Boston is more famous than Krakow.
>>
>>384969907
>set a fallout game in seattle
>wouldn't have gotten nuked in the great war since neither russia or china would have touched such a beautiful city
>offshore prevailing winds mean no fallout so no mutations
>no interesting faction warfare because no factions, since everyone in seattle works tirelessly for the greater good
>entire game would just be you walking around and admiring beautiful architecture, healthy people and wonderful, functioning society
might be fun but wouldn't really be a fallout game, if you get me
>>
>>384977939
Never said I didn't. Learn to read you nigger.
>>
>>384978209
Eh, Russia is huge. I only know about the city life where they ARE racist.
>>
>>384978132
Why are you posting in all-caps? Are you trying to convince yourself as well? Christ this is some bizzaro American cult where you absolutely MUST believe that the entire world worships even your irrelevant random towns and villages
>>
>>384976748

Ignore him anon, he's that age where America is, like totally, the worst country on Earth. Just like mommys good boy point system.
>>
>>384978235
>a city needs a famous building to be famous
Come on bitch. Think logically. Not every place needs a world wonder. Boston has SEVERAL famous buildings, as an anon said earlier.

>>384978250
>complete lie to justify his point
Every American knows where Boston is. You just proved you'll lie to justify your point.
>>
>>384978428
>he's that age
Older than 12?
>>
>>384978403
You can't retort so you change the argument.
>>
>>384978462
>Every American knows where Boston is
And every New Zealander knows where New Zealand is. We're talking about international perceptions of our own little slice of nowhere.
>>
>>384978332
st. petersburg is where the largest concentration of muslims is. The country russias are the real hard bastards; theyre the same people who have all those videos of the super-christians b8ing fags with gay sex and burning their junk off
>>
>>384977027

>Bethesda has always been great at world building.

I'm dying. Bethesda hasn't built a world since Morrowind. And the dude who came up with all the crazy interesting Elderscrolls Lore is dead.
>>
>Euros call Americans uneducated retards when they've never fucking heard of Boston
>>
>>384978316
I read it, that's why I said that. This thread has divulged into: Do you know Boston or not?
>>
File: 1384730203599.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384730203599.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>384978584

>And every New Zealander knows where New Zealand is

I should certainly fucking hope so.
>>
>>384978584
And every educated international knows where Boston is.
Please follow the thread.
>>
>>384978632
Most have heard of Boston, they did that "more than a feeling" song.
>>
>>384974931
I can take the black mountain route with zero sneaking. You're just a dumb bitch.
>>
>>384978587
Really? I didn't know that. I just know their perspectives on Blacks, jews, and hispanics.
When I was there for 15 days, I never saw any of them.
>>
>>384978737
>educated
>posting on /v/
*giggle*
>>
>>384978462
>not every place needs a world wonder
Sure. But you're taking it to the extreme as if people want to buy Fallout: Generic Irrelevant Small Town in droves, when it has nothing to offer and the worldbuilding of the game reflects this

>Boston has SEVERAL famous buildings, as an anon said earlier.
such as...?

I don't know what the fuck "Faneuli Marketplace" is, especially compared to Times Square or Disneyworld. I hate to tell you this, anon, but I doubt anybody does
>>
>>384978615
Kirkbride isn't dead anon
>>
>>384978776
This thread is full of people saying they never heard of Boston and it's just a no name village in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>384969607
a bunch of copypaste shrines and a handful of interesting points

literally

LITERALLY

ubisoft tier esign
>>
>>384978776
no they did 25 or 6 to 4
>>
>>384978926
I thought this thread was a couple of peeved boston boys and a whole lot of other people riling them up because they're showing a complete inability to understand humour.
>>
I found it funner to explore than Fallout 3 since it actually put rare and interesting loot in areas that you had to go out of your way to find compared to Fallout 3 which threw power armour and end tier weapons at your face from the get go.

Granted Fallout 4 had similar problems to Fallout 3 in terms of loot progression despite having the best world design, they atleast knew how to stagger out fusion core locations and X01 power suits in areas that you had to go out of your way to explore.
>>
I think as far as world design goes fallout 3 just had the better setting. Meanwhile I don't really feel like NV capitalized much on the uniqueness of Las Vegas as an area, what with the strip only being 2 pretty small loaded zones in the entire game. Still like NV more from a narrative and gameplay perspective though, and thankfully tale of two wastelands exists so it isn't really a problem either way.
>>
>>384978584
Non-American opinions of America don't matter.

Non-American opinions of anything don't matter, at all, ever.
>>
>>384978868
>take it to extreme
>calls Boston a small Generic Irrelevant Small Town
You have no fucking clue what you're saying. Boston is among the most unique cities in USA. You've NEVER been to the USA right?
American cities are kinda generic. In the sense, they are all AMERICAN. Boston has strong European influences. Lots of roads and buildings are kept in the manner they were historically. It's very distinct from any other city and it's well knwon, you are just a dumbfuck who'd fuck his father instead of the neighborhood girl.

>famous
Plenty, but they aren't world famous. That's just life. Boston is famous for other things. It happens. Even Washington DC isn't really famous for its building. The White House isn't that interesting besides: President lives here
Still:
>Fanuiel hall
>Prudential hall
>Bunker hill memorial
>lots of museums
>the universities
You want important building? Go for Harvard or MIT. Those count.
>>
>>384977660
>no Las Vegas
Yeah I call bullshit on this
>>
>>384979009
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>384979358
It's okay m8, you're done your bit in defending boston. You can take the rest of the day off.
>>
>>384979310
Scroll over and it's there. Las Vegas isn't that amazing.
>>
>>384979272
>boston has strong european influences
Translation: w-w-we have one or two tourist trap streets that look kind of vaguely european. That makes us so special and awesome, right! We're totally Irish too!

For Christ's sake just fuck off special snowflake. Nobody cares

> Even Washington DC isn't really famous for its building. The White House isn't that interesting besides
Any person on the planet can at least tell you what they look like at a glance, which is more than you can say for any one of those boston places
>>
>>384979576
>I-I'm not stupid!
Silence, nigger. Open a book.
>>
File: 1458991026556.webm (1MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458991026556.webm
1MB, 406x720px
>>384977579
I love TW3 and it's currently my favorite game but fucking hell the sailing in Skellige got old fast. I installed a mod to fast travel from anywhere mainly because of Skellige.
>>
File: BostonSTreets.jpg (567KB, 949x512px) Image search: [Google]
BostonSTreets.jpg
567KB, 949x512px
>>384979576
You ever hear that saying about how it's better to shut your fucking mouth and just let people think you're stupid instead of opening it and removing all doubt?
>>
File: 1435972084025.png (59KB, 181x256px) Image search: [Google]
1435972084025.png
59KB, 181x256px
>Thread about 3D Fallout world design
>Devolves into interstate shitposting with Bostonfags shilling for their city
>>
>>384980091
As I said, fuck off nigger.
>>
>>384979921
>unremarkable street that americans fawn over as the most impressive achievement of humanity
Case in point
>>
File: 1439622391491.png (15KB, 210x260px) Image search: [Google]
1439622391491.png
15KB, 210x260px
>>384980207
>Butthurt bostonfag can't help but shill his city in every fucking thread whether it is relevant or not
>>
>>384980237
>changes the argument
Give up idiot. You are uneducated. You know nothing about the world behind your corner store. Probably should be a required: travel a little before you can post or at least finisher high school/gymnasium.
>>
File: IMG_5378.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5378.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>384975496
>tfw summerlings think Fallout is like assassin's creed and can just be set anywhere in the world
>>
>>384980326
http://famouswonders.com/top-100-cities/
If you don't know all cities (which includes Boston), leave.
>>
>>384980440
>List includes Riyadh let alone any shithole in that shithole called Saudi Arabia
Opinion discarded
>>
>>384980237
>Implying
Nobody in this country actually cares about shit like that street. The most they care about is the Court House and Bunker/Breeds Hill entirely because of how historically important they are. Things like that street are just icing on the cake. Still don't change the fact that you're clearly an uneducated half-wit with no knowledge of the world outside of whatever state-sized shithole you call a homeland.
>>
while people might have heard of boston, most of the time thats where it ends
Its culture, history and even looks are virtually unknown. You show people a picture of boston and they wouldnt know what it was.
Its not even on the level of minor european capitols. Let alone something like St Petersburg
>>
>>384980615
Really rolling in the "I don't know fuck" mudpile huh?
Well, it's been proven. Good night.
>>
>>384980440
>Auckland included. Sydney included. No Canberra.
What metric are they using here? Overrated shitholes designed to trick tourists?
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (21KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
21KB, 600x576px
>>384967708
Mt. Charleston connects with Red Rock Canyon?
>>
>>384980615
>I'm a retard and no one can stop me!
Okay
>>
>>384980759
>>384980951
>Implying going to a country where rape victims are given lashes is "cultured"

Oh whoops they're brown Muslims I can't disrespect Muslim "culture"
>>
>>384980681
The American Revolution, which started in Boston, changed the world, you dumbfuck. I've met hundreds of people. THEY. ALL. KNEW. BOSTON. Honestly, unless I met only the geniuses of the worlds, you're just a below average person. It might be true. These were tourists (NOT TO AMERICA. But places like France, England, Ukraine, etc). So are the only people with intelligence, those that travel? Then travel.
>>
>>384980626
Different poster you idiot, I'm from Germany

All this talk of being educated but the Bostonfags are by far the most clueless on here
>>
>>384980681
>Its not even on the level of minor european capitols
Please, the city where the American Revolution started will always be more important than, say, Luxembourg, Bratislava or Oslo. Anybody who says otherwise is just an asshurt Europoor who fawns over 1000 year old buildings all day.
>>
>>384980984
See? You have to change the argument. The question was: do people know/travel to this place? Not if it was a rape center.
>>
>>384981027
Germanfag, you disappoint me. You are either not a Germanfag, a liar, or an idiot.
>>
>>384980991
>I've met hundreds of people. THEY. ALL. KNEW. BOSTON
I've met hundreds of people who swear the world is flat and that the Illuminati run the world from their bases deep under the plate. It's all about asking the right people.
>>
>>384977579
I felt bad for fast-travelling all over Skellige and not sailing at all, since it felt like i was missing big part of the game.
Then I tried sailing between two islands and immediately went back to fast traveling. It's just such a bad part of the game.
>>384979795
You can just buy the maps that give you fast-travel points to different islands there.
>>
>>384981037
This. Half of Europe's capitals are literally nothing. Even AMERICA's capital is totally overshadowed. Washington DC is a nothing city. Plenty of interesting buildings but really, it's nothing.
>>
>>384980926
it has lots of Cazadores at that pass but it's in a high place so you can only go from charles to red rock and not the other way
>>
>>384981219
>plain old lies
You did not meet any of this people. You read about them. Just like I read about people who believe vaccines cause autism or there exist a sun god.
Or if you DID meet these people, you live in a shithold village and you are in a library.
Give up Anon: You're an uneducated idiot. End of story. America's top 5 includes Boston. The End.
>>
Boston is nowhere near say Amsterdam buddy and fun fact: most people outside of the US give no crap about the details of your revolution
>>
>>384981515
Read your history books. A. Revolution changed the world. The revolutions of 1848 might not have happened for example.
>>
>>384981389
>You did not meet any of this people.
Went to a convention for "alternative theorists", apparently conspiracy theorist carries a negative connotation. It was a human zoo. Don't tell me what I have and haven't done in my life you toad. You claim to be well read and well travelled but refuse to believe that other people may have had different experiences to your own which just makes it look like you're talking out your ass.
>>
this is one of the worst threads i've seen on this board
>>
>>384981675
>goes to see the abnormal
>says its the normal
Assess your life then, idiot. If you meet the few who do exclude the majority, DO NOT include them in the majority.
And let's be honest; You were part of that minority.
>>
>>384981615
And that revolution woudnt have been possible without the thousands of events that preceded it.
But the fact remains that as far as revolutions go, it was pretty boring
>>
>>384981515
>Amsterdam
And what does Amsterdam have? They were an economic hub 400 or so years ago, they've got a few old buildings, what else? Hell, even Rotterdam is more important and it was razed 80 years ago.
>>
File: 132455543.jpg (151KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
132455543.jpg
151KB, 700x1690px
What the fuck
>>
>>384981813
>says its the normal
Never did I ever. Stop projecting.
>>
>>384981880
But my point stands then.
>pretty boring
Not particularly but okay. As long as you accept it changed the world.
>>
>>384981906
Then fuck off. You don't even know what "projecting" means, you dumb fuck. You probably meant strawmanning. No wonder you are arguing this point: you are complete idiot. Do you even know the capital of your own country?
>>
File: japan1902.jpg (197KB, 710x538px) Image search: [Google]
japan1902.jpg
197KB, 710x538px
>>384980414
I for one would like Fallout set in Japan.

...No no, hear me out. Rather than world filled with ruins, you could have post-war aesthetic with lots of smaller towns, and given Japan's variness of nuclear weapons, they could have experienced the destruction of the world due to irradiation of ocean, the whole country is island surrounded by water after all. Hell, make the ocean be home of giant monsters, and make it end-goal to repel them.
Rather than usual post-apocalypse tech style, devs could go for more mythical take, with irradiation in Japan causing people and animals to mutate in different ways, some starting to resemble creatures of legend like tengu or kappa.
All the mountains and forest surrounding the towns would make for great exploration, and there could be railways setup between them for fast traveling.

...I think it'd be cool.
>>
>>384982036
>Do you even know the capital of your own country?
Yeah. A.
>>
>>384967708
>bigger is better

t. bethesdrone
>>
>boston has been proven important culturally, historically, architecturally, in the game as well, etc
>people still argue
Fucking lel. Good night /v/. Eurocucks are fucking idiots.
>>
>>384981960
Same as any other revolution. Still doesnt mean people will give a crap about the details.
People dont know the details of the discovery of pennicilin either and that was an event whos significance eclipses the american revolution.
Proximity to the american revolution does not make boston interesting
>>
File: crytato.png (9KB, 148x292px) Image search: [Google]
crytato.png
9KB, 148x292px
>>384976639
I live in tulsa, thank you for knowing us.
>>
File: Europe - Meanwhile in Europe.jpg (261KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
Europe - Meanwhile in Europe.jpg
261KB, 800x532px
>>384980237

Population density

UK: 650 people per square mile

United States: 84 people per square mile.

Enjoy your overpopulated hell hole where you can't even afford to own land Europoor.
>>
>>384982307
Pretty much every claim there is false

But keep screaming and shouting "HA I WIN" like a child
>>
>>384982412
>doesn't know the details of finding pennicilin
But it's so simple...
What the fuck is wrong with you? It's literally summarized in a sentence or two.
You are just wrong, anon. You were not taught shit. Whatever education you got, was clearly not enough. This isn't a minor city or a minor event. It's a huge event. And
>Same as every other revolution
American was basically the first important one. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>384982515
>can't even afford to own land
Isn't that why they have so many colonies in poor south pacific regions?
>>
>>384976168
i want some l&p now,
auckland fag btw
>>
>>384982581
Read the thread.
>I say it's not true because I ignore the posts and links earlier. HA. I WIN!
>>
Guys, it's Australia shitting the thread. Just ignore them. You should have known with the
>Do you know this New Zealand bullshit?
They will always shitpost. They don't care about what's true. They want the delicious (You)s
>>
>>384982412
>The discovery of penicillin is more important than the founding of the most powerful country the world has yet seen
Also,
>Proximity to the american revolution does not make boston interesting
It's not proximity that makes Boston important; Boston was the nucleus of it. Boston was absolutely vital to the start of the war.
>>
>>384982775
...Fuck.

>>384982683
And this proves it too
>>
>>384982606
>basically the first important revolution
So history apparently started in 1770

Forget shit about Rome i guess.

Fucking stupid boston internet defence force
>>
>>384982775
Bait successful. I fell for it. I gotta watch the clock.
>>
>>384982875
>Rome was founded by a revolution
You're fucking stupid. The first revolution in an era marked by revolutions is incredibly important.
>>
>>384982775
I thought the whole "lol new zealand" thing would have tipped my hand a lot earlier but I underestimated the blanket stupidity of you north hemisphere retards.
>>
>>384982606
>American was basically the first important one.
you have to be joking
>>
>>384982875
>history started in 1770
I know you are the same anon because you STILL didn't learn what "strawman" argument is
>>
>>384974931
It's not a choke hold. It's a "you must be this tall to enter". New players either struggle to figure out how to get by or stay where its easier. Experienced players blow past whatever they want and go where they want. Learning experiences built into the game world is good design.

Bethesda scaling everything into a vast sea of gray in an effort to wordlessly say "You did it Kipper! Have a gold star for effort! Everyone gets gold stars!" is shit design.

The fail state is a crucial part of good game design. The fail state being more than player death is even better. Learning the lay of the land by varying difficulty pressure points will forever be superior to meandering wherever you wish whenever.
>>
>>384982996
>>384982875
We know it's same poster.
>>
>>384974104
Fallout 3 has a literal invisible wall at the edge of the map where the land is still goes on beyond the horizon. Basically the area is still logically be explored but the game just say to you "nope, can't go that way"

Fallout 3 isn't any better senpai. As the matter of fact, all Bethesda games has this problem.
>>
>>384982986
No idea what's your argument. No one cares about Southern Hemisphere, ever.
>>
>>384982996
So which big revolutions occurred before the American one? You might be able to argue the Dutch bit that's stretching it.
>>
>>384982998
1770? Are you stupid? History started in 1492 with Columbus discovering the USA. The only thing noteworthy before that is Jesus.
>>
>>384982980
>rome was founded by a revolution
Nobody claimed this

Learn 2 reading comprehension

And no, the American Revolution was nowhere near the first rebellion you twit
>>
Amen to that, brother.
>>
>>384983160
>No one cares about Southern Hemisphere, ever.
Now that is just provably wrong. America, France and England cared about it when they were using it to test atomic weapons. If you said "no one gives a shit about it currently" I'd still try to argue that Japan cares about it simply because they hunt whales in the southern oceans. If you said no one who matters cares I'd be reluctantly forced to agree.
>>
>>384982070
well-a-well, looks like we have our selves a weeaboo-a-boo.

get the paddle-a-boo
>>
>>384983353
First one that mattered significantly
>>
>thread about world design in new vegas
>retarded americans keep responding to off topic posts
pathetic...
>>
>>384983385
You're right in a way but wrong in a way. We care about it but not in a productive way for THEM.
>>
>>384983424
How do you fuck up an ending so badly all the while being so smug about how great it is?
>>
>>384983461
>FO4 failed because no one knows Boston
>Actually, Boston is very famous and important
>LOL, NO ONE HEARD OF AMERICAN REVOLUTION OR THE INSTITUTE OR ANYTHING. LOL. TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN.
No wonder you failed 2nd grade.
>>
>>384968694
The ranking kinda goes like this:
Natural border that makes sense, like a ocean with a huge fuckbeast who kills you or desserts/grasslasnds with an eternal corridor kinda deal is the best.

Then its the character simply turning back going. " Nah, I got shit to do. Fuck off autists."

Then comes natural borders

And lastly, invicible walls.
>>
>>384983068
Maybe I am just as astounded by your stupidity as he is
>>384983182
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Servile_War
>>
File: Capture.jpg (265KB, 1380x926px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
265KB, 1380x926px
>>384973108
>>384974837
>>384976505
>>384976639
>>384976752
>>384977660

listen here cunts
on this one source i found after a single google search
http://famouswonders.com/top-100-cities/
it clearly shows half the fucking cities yall have been saying are less famous than boston actually are placed above boston so get fucked, cant argue with facts american fuckups
>>
File: 1499204640487.jpg (678KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1499204640487.jpg
678KB, 1125x1500px
OP never said what was wrong with NV...
>>
>>384983067
>Bethesda scaling everything into a vast sea of gray in an effort to wordlessly say "You did it Kipper! Have a gold star for effort! Everyone gets gold stars!" is shit design.
I hope you're aware that Bethesda's moved away from this since Skyrim. Most areas now have a minimum starting level for the enemies on their respective lists, meaning that the southern and northeastern parts of the map will always be dangerous for new characters.
>>
>>384983353
>Nobody claimed this
Sounds like you did. That anon you originally replied to said the American Revolution was the first important revolution and then you brought up Rome for some reason. I'm not sure why you would unless it was founded or marked by some famous revolution. All I can gather is that you're either illiterate or have an abysmal grasp on history.
>Learn 2 reading comprehension
How ironic.
>the American Revolution was nowhere near the first rebellion you twit
It kick started a 150 year long chain of revolutions that completely upset the western world and led to the fall of some of the world's most powerful kings and emperors. It is without a doubt the single most important revolution in world history.
>>
>>384983763
having impassable mountains is a bad thing I guess.
>>
>>384983642
What. No one argued the circled cities are less important than Boston. They are roughly the same tier. You should know ALL of them.
>>
>>384983763
Probably the large amounts of cliffs all over the map that will very often result in you doing some high-speed mountaineering right into a snug corner between some invisible walls. Either that or the large amounts of space on the map that is wasted with either pointless fluff areas or barren land.
>>
>>384983808
>It kick started a 150 year long chain of revolutions that completely upset the western world and led to the fall of some of the world's most powerful kings and emperors. It is without a doubt the single most important revolution in world history.
DING DING DING. We have a winner. WWI would pretty much finalize most monarchies.
>>
>>384983580
sorry lad. I'm not participating in the arguments. just taking a back seat and noticing how stupid americans are to STILL be responding back.
>>
File: CVoTl7LUkAEUHnc.jpg (19KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
CVoTl7LUkAEUHnc.jpg
19KB, 505x431px
>>384970992
>florida
>mardi gras
>>
>>384975604
literally the babe, the only baseball player that's ever mattered.
>>
>>384983808
>most important revolution
that is not what we are arguing about here.
>>
>>384983616
>Glorious Revolution
Forgot about that one. Good point there.
>Third Servile War
It was put down and it's most lasting impact was a change to Roman slave codes. Little to no importance to today's world.
>>384984080
We're arguing about the "first important revolution." I'm just saying that it might not be the first important revolution but it's certainly the most important overall.
>>
>>384974389
This. Bethesda's Fallout is just disjointed novelty places. It doesn't matter they don't make sense, they all have some "theme" to them that makes the world feel like a shitty amusement park, scattered with random bullshit.
>>
>>384984271
>forgot about that one
And you have the gall to be pretending to be an intellectual

>certainly the most important overall
Kill yourself, mouthbreather
>>
>>384984690
>And you have the gall to be pretending to be an intellectual
I do, as most of my posts prior to this one consisted of more than "Kill yourself, mouthbreather", you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>384983869
It's a desert, dumb nigger.
>>
>(obvious bait)(although true)
>REEEEEE BOSTON IS RELEVANT
>Nope
>YEAH IT IS HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF WHY
>Nope
>rinse and repeat
are americans really this stupid? what do we do, bros?
>>
>>384984814
If you don't know about the Glorious Revolution, and if you think the American Revolution is more important than the French Revolution because it occurred a couple of years beforehand...

Then yes, you absolutely should kill yourself.

also claiming the servile war is irrelevant and the americlap one isn't is just hilarious. Sparacus by himself has had his name referenced by scholars and intellectuals more than any single one of those random americans.
>>
>>384983589
Don't forget god tier you get a shitty ending for just walking away from the plot by walking outside the area.
>>
>>384967708
>game has area limitations in any shape or form

who would have thought
>>
>>384973108
Boston sucks IRL too, I guess Bethesda were going for realism.
I didn't want another FO game set in New England 6 years ago and they proved my apprehension right.
>>
>>384975313
>Boston should be well known

nobody is saying nobody has heard of Boston, it's that it's a weird place to pick because there's nothing iconic to make it a good choice for a fallout game
>>
>>384975062
This. If you have to block a path in the middle of a map, at least make it a "natural" obsticle.

Invisible gates are the second sloppiest, most retarded and lazy shit you can do in a game, short of just instant killing for trespassing, and NV pulls this shit literally all over the place.
>>
>>384984995
It's also a video game. "lol it's meant to be a couple hundred acres of sweet fuck all" isn't an excuse.
>>
>>384968694
What about the flipped over trucks in the northwestern top of the map those seem climable
>>
File: 1499846990583.jpg (29KB, 652x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499846990583.jpg
29KB, 652x540px
>>384982070
Out of all the places you can choose in the fallout universe you let your autism get best of you and pick jap just so you can feed your weeaboo urges
>>
>>384985089
>If you don't know about the Glorious Revolution
It's 3:30 in the morning where I live, I forgot about it, give me a fucking break.
>French Revolution
France's fuckhuge debt was accumulated because they threw tons of supplies and men into our war. Plus, the success of all of it demonstrated the success of enlightenment theory, American leaders (Especially Jefferson and Franklin) who came over to Europe were able to spread revolutionary ideals in intellectual circles, and that doesn't even include all the French soldiers who saw what we did and started to think that they could do it too. There were certainly other causes as well but only a fool would deny the importance the American Revolution played in causing the French one.
>also claiming the servile war is irrelevant and the americlap one isn't is just hilarious.
>Forcing the Romans to treat their slaves better
vs.
>Starting a chain of events that overthrew monarchies in France, Germany, Russia and Spain.
Yea, the Servile War was so important.
>Sparacus by himself has had his name referenced by scholars and intellectuals more than any single one of those random americans.
>The guy who is 2000 years old has more references by scholars than the guys who are 200 years old
No shit you fucking mongrel.
>>
>>384985615
I know what I want and have no shame in that.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog.jpg (24KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog.jpg
24KB, 480x439px
>>384967708
> its an Amerifats are so obsesed with their lore that they believe that Boston is a globally relavant city thread.

desu, I thought Megaton was an actual city located in D.C. or at least based on an existing township or whatever. Not far fetched considering Primm and Goodsprings actually exist in Nevada.
>>
>>384981882
>And what does Amsterdam have?
weed and hookers
literally the only reasons why people care about that city in the first place
>>
File: IMG_4280.jpg (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4280.jpg
44KB, 400x400px
>be me
>finish playing F4
>believes it to be a great game
>start playing Fallout NV afterwards
>play through the first hour of the game
>everything is 1000x more complicated
>attempt to trek northwest of Goodsprings
>giant radscorpions rape me
>barely manage to kill them after 10 consecutive deaths as a level 2 with a shitty shotgun looted from a dead Powder Ganger
>go a little more northwest
>swarm of cazadores kill me so fast with poison
>mfw didn't save
>now have to kill those radscorpions again to go somewhere
>>
>>384985293
>sweet fuck all
Dumb redditfag.
It's a video game based on a real world location. There are few places where there really is just nothing besides the dried lake bed, you're being hyperbolic. You can walk to any road and find a new location and unmarked locations in less than a minute.
>>
>>384986305
Go through Nipton to Novac like they tell you to if you're struggling that much.
>>
>>384986306
>There are few places where there really is just nothing besides the dried lake bed, you're being hyperbolic.
I'm Australian and every time there's a mad max video game they find something to fill in the vast expanse of "nothing but the occasional blackie".

Also it's fallout, it's not a simulation game.
>>
>>384985093
That's rad AF, what game does this?
>>
>>384986550
Where in my post did I imply it's a simulation? You're complaining about there being nothing but you want FO to be Mad Max where there actually is large vast swathes of nothing
>Australian
Ahh so you're just shitposting then. Very well, carry on.
>>
>>384986721
>carry on.
Don't encourage me man. I've already done enough damage to this thread so far.
>>
>>384986395
I've beaten the game now, put only 135 hours roughly, but that was just my experiences of me going from a diluted, dull game to a genuinely complex and interesting game
>>
File: dinky[1].jpg (199KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
dinky[1].jpg
199KB, 640x800px
>>384986142
most of NV is real world accurate
>>
>>384985764
>men into our war.
You're forgetting the reason Britain raised taxes on the colonies in the first place, which was the expensive Seven Years War with France

again, America was only a fringe player. Even in their own independence struggle, France and Spain did the heavy lifting.

>saw what we did
lolno, it was a proxy war. This "omg americans so strong and awesome let's be like them" narrative is just fantasy

>only a fool would deny the importance of the american revolution in causing the french one
And only a turboretard bostonfag would play it up as much as you have.

Nobody in France itself gives a shit about Boston, or the Tea Party, or any of that. Think about that.
>>
>>384967708
define 'good design'
>>
>>384986142
Megaton is spitting-distance from a real location. Wondering if it is itself a real place is like wondering if there is, like, some land adjacent to a real place.
>>
>>384986305
It's not that New Vegas is complicated, it's that 4 is as deep as a puddle
>>
>>384987212
>You're forgetting the reason Britain raised taxes
Nobody but you is talking about Britain
>again, America was only a fringe player
Nobody is discussing the role of the Continental Army in the war. Quit bringing up new shit.
>"omg americans so strong and awesome let's be like them"
I'm sure they didn't think we were "strong" but I certain they did take note of how we successfully put Enlightenment ideals into practice.
>bostonfag
I'm from Pittsburgh. Fuck New England.
>Nobody in France itself gives a shit about Boston
Then I guess everybody in France is a fucking idiot, much like you.
>>
>>384986559
Nier: Automata has several endings for doing just that, among other things.
>>
>>384987686
>Then I guess everybody in France is a fucking idiot,
That's not really up for debate I would have thought. Good wine, good cheese, interesting approach to foods, absolutely abhorrent people.
>>
>>384982070
not a half bad idea, anon.
>>
File: IMG_0718.jpg (213KB, 595x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0718.jpg
213KB, 595x388px
>>384977660
>Lets not forget America is among the most famous countries
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>384978428
>there are people ITT that think America is a country
>>
>>384980991
>I've met hundreds of people. THEY. ALL. KNEW. BOSTON.
Honestly I'm kind of doubting that's the case now, seeing as you spend your time on 4chan. And unless you're constantly going off about Boston (in which case you must be fucking unbearable to deal with) I doubt it'd find itself into conversations that often.
My theory is that you're basing this world view off of your own thoughts, and are just too stubborn to see how relatively uninteresting it is as told by other people (the ones who got you this deep into your rage). But it is just a theory, with no proof aside from my observations.
>>
Fallout Australia when? Would be the best to be a bush ranger fighting giant spiders and kangaroos.
>>
File: Todd the Winner.jpg (33KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
Todd the Winner.jpg
33KB, 500x303px
>>384969607
> Shrine Shrine Shrine Shrine Shrine Shrine
GOTY 50000!!!!11
>>
>>384992841
Who would bother nuking Australia? It's a waste of time. The seppos only have a couple of bases and even if you had enough weapons to kill the word you'd just hit real countries.
>>
File: walking sim.jpg (211KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
walking sim.jpg
211KB, 1200x681px
>>384994352
There's a lot of content to see, it's not just eye candy with cocktease invisible walls.
>>
>>384969607
>shrines
>towers
Now I'm not sure if it really was Nintendo or just Ubisoft all along.
>>
>>384992841
Nah, just make it mad max style
>>
>>384971212
>>384969907
>>384978298

> What is Fallout: Cascadia
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft72YFZpxcs
>>
>>384975903
This. It would make sense if it easer that long after the great war, but it's been two hundred fucking years and people are still raiding super duper marts for food?

Honestly I think Bethesda fallout games would be a lot better if they just set them around the time of fallout 1, or even before. the west has the legion and NCR, and yet the east has absolutely nothing save maybe the brotherhood, and we all know Bethesda only put them in there because people would recognise them, same with dogmeat, considering Dogmeat is only in 2 as a easter egg (I guess K-9 is the replacement?) And new vegas you have ED-E.
>>
>>384978615
he isnt dead hes just in a drug fueled coma somewhere
>>
>>384967708
What's even the complaint here?
>>
>>384982070
>Choosing the least possible location for a Fallout to be set next to china,mostly because it is next to china
>Instad of literally anywhere else in the world that's not used that often in video games
Fuck off weeb
>>
>>384975604
he's right, mad burger keeps samefagging. Boston is definitely not one of the most well-known places in the US, even if its schools are famous.

>>384975687
>>384975769
>>384975787
>>384984056
case in point
>>
>>384980991
>I've met hundreds of people. THEY. ALL. KNEW. BOSTON.
lmao, did you ask every single one of the """hundreds"""" of people you """met""" if they know Boston? ':)
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.