[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do gaming companies hire people who have ideas for video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: competent-and-organised.jpg (91KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
competent-and-organised.jpg
91KB, 1000x600px
do gaming companies hire people who have ideas for video games? i have a lot of ideas for video games that i know would be hugely successful but i obviously need to be paid for those ideas.
>>
>>384966853
No. Market research and focus group testing is done to see what will make the most profit.
>>
>>384966853
>do gaming companies hire people who have ideas for video games?
All the time, but only if they have actual skills beyond "Wouldn't it be cool if?" Molyneux is the only pure ideas guy left in the industry and he's a joke.
>>
Do gaming discussion forums hire people who have ideas for bait? I have a lot of ideas for shitposts that I know would be hugely successful but obviously I need to be given (you)s for those ideas.
>>
>>384966853
Let us hear some of your ideas.
>>
>>384966853
Easiest way to get to be the 'ideas guy' is to be hired as a game designer. Game Designers however also need a few real skills. On top of being the ideas guy, you'll also have to be a good technical writer (to write all those GDDs) and be good at data entry and excel (somebody's gotta figure out how much max HP every character has at every level). Depending on the company and position, you also may also be the writer, meaning you have to write all the actual text for the game (quest descriptions, NPC talk, tutorials, etc.)

If you are serious, I would start by putting some of your ideas that you like down on paper. you can google "game design document" (GDD) how to's to get you started. Some places will want to see some writing samples as part of the interview process.
>>
ideas are extremely cheap. learn to write technical documents and try designing a game, even using shit open source sprites/sounds. Learn some basic scripting, you will need to.

You can use a small project or several for a portfolio as long as you've documented things you've done with them.
>>
couldn't you just pitch a script like with movies?
>>
>>384966853
lmao
>>
File: 1496947068685.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1496947068685.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>>384966853

>tfw literal genius computer programmer, artist, and amazing at business management but don't have any idea guys to feed me source material
>>
>>384970282
kek
>>
>>384970282
Mark Cerny?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.