[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was this game? I haven't heard anyone talk about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Civilization_VI_cover_art.jpg (28KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization_VI_cover_art.jpg
28KB, 300x426px
How was this game? I haven't heard anyone talk about it since it came out and it has less twitch viewers than 5 so I'd assume it sucked, but why did it suck?
>>
I guess that the expensions aren't there yet
CIV V used to be pretty lacking in content too
>>
IV > III > V > VI

literally no reason to play it when the previous games exist
>>
I think the twitch thing is that most of those streamers are playing some incestuous rebalance of a rebalance or a rebalance of 5 and not anything like the base game. They probably wouldn't pick up 5 over what they're playing now if it came out today.

On release it seemed like it just lacked playtesting. The interface was just worse than before and a number of the systems just didn't seem to promote the kind of gameplay they seemed to be intended to. The AI was trash and unfun to play against.
>>
>>384953848
Yeah, VI is a bit lacking in content compared to V. But I personally prefer the city- building mechanics in VI by a wide margin. Once the first expac comes out I think VI will be better than V. It could take two I guess but I think that in the long run VI will be the better game.

Districts are nice, and frankly, I don't mind the new look. It's a fun game.
>>
Like all Civ games it needs an expansion or two to beat the previous. Its got good bones but needs more.
>>
>>384953885
Do v or vi have ANYTHING over iv? I mean fucking anything?
>>
File: Jew owl.jpg (71KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Jew owl.jpg
71KB, 500x501px
>>384957060
Ideology is sort of fun... I guess.... But it doesn't really trump civics, so no.
>>
>>384953643
tier list is
endless legend > civ V with xpacs > civ VI > civ IV > civ V without xpacs

main series games before 4 aren't worth playing, haven't played alpha centauri, beyond earth is cool but its kinda off on its own, it's different from the main civ games IMO.
>>
>>384957485
Why put v and vi above iv?
>>
>>384957060
Hexes.
One unit per tile.

>>384957485
I have never enjoyed Endless Legend even the smallest amount.
>>
>>384957485
Endless Legend is fantastic

I hope they can make some new updates/expansions to really propel Civ6 above it
>>
>>384957872
>Hexes
This is what made V and VI unfun for me. AI can't handle it making warfare a joke and it's also frustrating as fuck moving units around as they block each others.
>>
>>384953643
It basically has a bunch of ideas with a pretty bare execution. Better than V was at launch, but the major problem (the AI being unable to deal with the game's systems) probably won't ever be fixed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.