[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain pic related to me? Why is it so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 880985.jpg (157KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
880985.jpg
157KB, 900x738px
Can someone explain pic related to me?

Why is it so popular? Should I get into it as mostly a solo player?
>>
Because it's fast, fun, and totally ridiculous shit happens all the time. I wouldn't necessarily call it a good game and people will probably forget about it soon, but it's a blast to be thrown onto an island with 100 other people and scramble to kill them before they kill you.

The game is fun to play solo, but playing as a duo or a squad opens up lots of new strategies. You can get matched with random people online and never even have to talk, most players don't mind as long as you're not an idiot.

I recommend starting out solo to get a feel for how the game works.
>>
It's popular because it's pure battle royale combat. Some people complain that it lacks any bells and whistles to make it stand out but this is exactly why it's popular. No crafting shit, no hunger / survival, no microtransactions, just drop on an island with 99 other players and start killing each other.

Solo is fun. Duo and squad are more fun though, for obvious reasons.
>>
it's fun

/v/ hates things that are popular
>>
>Why is it so popular?
Streams and normalfags.
>>
File: unique.jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
unique.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
>>384949573
>normalfags
>>
File: 1212.png (233KB, 744x667px) Image search: [Google]
1212.png
233KB, 744x667px
>>384949540

/v/ mostly hates this one since at least half of /v/ are console kiddies who can't afford a PC and thus can't play the game. They are jealous of pic related and know they'll never be able to participate, so they shitpost the game since the mindset of a console player is that "if other people have nice things that I can't have, I must shitpost these things."
>>
>>384949020
dunno. you gear up and run after safe zones while hoping some guy completely behind something who sees you thanks to third person doesn't ambush you
>>
>>384949486

What happens when you're killed early

Do you just leave and find a new game?

Are there no progression tied to you as a player/account?
>>
>>384950083
You leave and find a new game, losing everything you picked up during the match. You earn points every match you can use to buy loot crates that contain random cosmetic items in them.
>>
>>384949852
>player count still rising
Glad the masses still gobble up shit so I don't have to
>>
>>384949020
Good balance between casual/realism and RNG/strategy. The game is obviously leaning more towards casual and RNG-based, though. But it's not Day Z where you have to feed/water your character.

Solo is fine but I prefer duo/squad.

>>384950083
In duo/squad, you can spectate. In solo, you just start a new game. The only progression is better leaderboard stats and points that you can use to get more cosmetics (that aren't pay2win).
>>
/v/ will call buzzword but it's immersive as fuck and it has a super simple concept. Iron out the bugs and the garbage optimization (maybe give the community some tools) and it could be a 9/10
>>
>>384950234

Doesn't get more jealous than this, desu.
>>
>>384950240

You can leave in duo/squad as well.
>>
File: IMG_1591.jpg (233KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1591.jpg
233KB, 900x1200px
>>384950264
>and the garbage optimization

potato graphics a best anyway
>>
File: pubg-hours.png (322KB, 505x380px) Image search: [Google]
pubg-hours.png
322KB, 505x380px
it's fun but I think I'll stop playing soon until they roll out first-person only servers, vaulting, new maps, etc.

>>384950707
this is a meme, they made foliage render at the same distance for everyone a few patches ago
>>
>>384950240

What are some examples of cosemtics, isnt this mostly a modern setting

Do you just get hats and stuff
>>
>>384951006
clothing items like hats, jackets, shirts, pants, and shoes that don't offer any advantage
>>
>>384951006
yhea. you get shirts pants gloves boots and gas masks too. just put on whatever's darkest to blend in shadows
>>
>>384949020
It's fun and your odds of winning are equal parts luck as it is skill at a shooter, solo mode is the only mode you should be playinv. Group just encourages camping
>>
>>384951006
http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/Pioneer_Crate

All listed at the bottom. And then a bunch of items discovered in the install files that aren't ready for release yet but should be coming out eventually as new cosmetics:

https://imgur.com/a/2e2fK
>>
>>384951006
there arent many though, just look at the steam market place for the game.

I'm p sure some items you can't buy though and have to pick them up. it's not like h1z12 where you skin items you pick up (that's how it was when i played it atleast)
>>
>because its fun xD
>its fun XD
>its fun anon! XD
why is it fun?
>its fun anon xD
>le contrarian vee xd im totally not a twitch cancer anoon xD buy it its fun
>>
>>384951412
Posters in this thread already explained a bit why.
>>
>>384951412
we get it, you haven't played the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNskicJhFI
>>
>>384951412
>people find thing enjoyable, i must strawman them
>>
>>384950770
W-wow, you have a lot of f-friends, anon...
>>
>>384951687
log off, fag
>>
File: Nzozkeo.png (385KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nzozkeo.png
385KB, 1366x768px
>>384949020
low skill/high RNG
low price
loot/walking simulator
poor optimization/netcode
fun with friends
>>
It's what DayZ and H1Z1 tried to be but with no bullshit
>>
20tick servers, unoptimized and clunky in some areas, rng
so if you're really anal about stuff like that i wouldn't recommend it
if you don't really mind, you're not a sore loser and you actually try to have fun then it shouldn't be a problem

it's ea and doesn't look like it's going the cashgrab route, plus playerunknown is the guy who pioneered the battle royale genre with his arma mod iirc. the game pisses me off and i hate it, but i don't feel like i got cheated - it's just not for me
>>
Waiting for first person only matches and FOV.

I think anything over a X2 scope should be far rarer.
>>
What's the length of an average game/match?
>>
>>384952776
15 seconds if you're the first to die, roughly 25 minutes if you win. Depends on how long you last on average, it'll be somewhere between that.
>>
>>384952497
I absolutely agree. I love how butthurt and defensive people get when you say that 3rd person is bad for gameplay. Can't play without their cruthes. And it doesn't even stop them from playing their 3rd person servers.
>>
>>384953010
your gonna get over first person super quick
its going to make snipers incredibly strong
>>
>>384949020
I don't play solo and probably never will. To me it's just a really good social game to play with friends. You kinda just dick around trying to kill other groups. Occasionally well play seriously, but most the time we just shit talk and fuck around doing donuts or sneaking up on people and shit.

Fun game, but I can't imagine playing it without my group.
>>
>>384953209
I don't see how they will be any more powerfull relative to now. You can already see everything without putting yourself in harms way due to bullshit drone camera.
>>
Is there Night time in the game?
>>
>>384954957
Nope, just rain and day time.
>>
>>384954957
Nope, game is bright af
>>
>>384956762
Unless it's raining
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.