[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let us take a moment to discuss the greatest expansion of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

let us take a moment to discuss the greatest expansion of all time, wrath of the lich king
>>
File: RAGE.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
19KB, 300x309px
>>384948287
>the zombie event was cut short because casuals cried too much over not being able to quest
I will never EVER forgive Blizzard for caving into those bastards.
>>
> FFXIV > WoW
> WoTLK > Stormblood

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't
>>
>>384948490
i dont play gay weebshit with an hour long gcd so i dont understand the reference
>>
>>384948742
You may call it weeb shit. But you have more to do with a long hour gcd than with the button spam of WoW.
>>
File: ffxiv.jpg (129KB, 385x839px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv.jpg
129KB, 385x839px
>>384949125
>But you have more to do with a long hour gcd than with the button spam of WoW.
i guess that's one way to put it
>>
>>384948742
> m-muh gcd
Every action you take in FFXIV is tactical and meaningful you mongoloid. The rotations are extremely deep and it's not something you WoW babies will understand.
>>
Cata was better
>>
>>>/vg/
You have a general, stop spamming /v/ with your dead game.
>>
wrath was garbage

>released with nearly no new raid content, only a lazy rehashed old raid from vanilla
>azjol nerub raid cut
>gundrak raid cut
>death knights completely broken and stupid OP
>class homogenisation
>welfare gear right from the beginning
>all 5man content is braindead easy faceroll "spam aoe to win" shit
>new battlegrounds are complete retardation
>doing the same raid 4 times a week because difficulty settings
>>
You misspelled Burning Crusade
>>
>>384949462
Yeah, but 2.5s GCD is retardedly huge.

There's a reason why the endgame scene is huge in WoW and noone gives a fuck tier in FF.
>>
>>384948287

TBC>WotLK>Legion>Cata>MoP>WoD
>>
APOCALYPSE
>>
Everything after vanilla was garbage.
>>
>>384951208
this is truth. recently read some tbc private server is coming out. i dunno if it's already out and i'm behind the curve or i still have time. either way i'm hype.
>>
>>384953847
One launched and it was a massive failiure. Blizz shut em down in 5 hours. I'm playing on Warmane
>>
WotLK = MoP > TBC > Legion > Shit > Cata > WoD
>>
how can i play vanilla?
>>
File: lol13.jpg (24KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
lol13.jpg
24KB, 540x540px
>>384949462
>MFW People actually believe this.

>Game is meant to be played on a controller
>Content so easy Tanks can dps
>Content so boring Healers try to dps
>>
>>384955359
i can agree with this even if i don't truly agree. good post breh.
>>
>>384955359
Legion is worst by far
>>
>>384955359
BC>Vanilla>Wrath>MoP>Shit>The Rest
>>
>>384955359
MoP was amazing, most fun I ever had playing wow. during the last raid tier i managed to become the rank #2 MW in the world for 10m heroic on wacraftlogs and all I had to do was ruin my social life and sleeping schedule
>>
Wrath was trash, fuck off. Literally everything you retards complain that dumbed down WoW started in the expansion you call the greatest.
>>
>>384948287
>expansion that initiated the death of WoW thanks to bringing us dungeon finder

No thanks, OP.
>>
>>384948287
you knew the game was going downhill when even athene started bitching about how the game sucked
>>
>>384948287

This is legit the only good expansion of WOW ever made.

All other expansions are shit in comparison
>>
>>384958150
tbc:
>welfare gear
>resilience
>flying mounts
>esports
>tuning pvp before pve
>split raiding
>meme lore

b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh dungeon finder.....
>>
>>384958405
>Dungeon finder
>Class homoginization
>S5 Death Knights
>Death Knights in general
>Shit battlegrounds
>Muh vehicle combat
>Recycled raids
>Year of ICC
>3.2 in general
>Lore rape
>Literally retconning their own story the same expac they wrote it
>AOE Spam heroics you clear in 5 minutes
>Welfare epics easier than ever, require no relevant content
>Anub'arak, everything about him
>BoA's
>Gold inflation out the ass

Yeah bruh best expac ever amirite.
>>
>>384958779
Most of what you're implying has been going on since Cata. Granted at the end of Wrath is when it began, but the expansion after that kicked it up to pants on head retarded.
>>
>>384958940
Literally everything I posted happened in Wrath.
>>
>>384959017
I'm not denying that any of that didn't happen, but when compared to anything before and after it, Wrath really was the best. It was at the point where things were so good that anything after it would be dogshit. Same with BC, same with vanilla.
>>
>>384959565
>Introduces every single thing besides raid finder that people complain about to this day ten years later
>It was the point where things were so good that anything after it would be dogshit.

Alright then.
>>
>>384958405
resilience was great and much preferred to the stat templates of today
>>
>>384948490
hey im looking for a job, can you help me get one at square thanks in advance : )
>>
>>384948287
That's not TBC
>>
>>384958779
>Lore rape

BC was objectively much, much worse. Only WoD got close to that level of shit lore.
>>
>>384958405
The only welfare gear in BC were from tokens, which people still had to do heroics for, and from Quel'Danas. The latter was more of a catch up mechanic since it came out at the end of the expansion though.
Resilience was poorly implemented, but something to differentiate PvE and PvP gear was needed, or else people in full PvE gear would completely dominate BGs, again.
I don't mind flying mounts but they do make the world feel smaller which sucks.
People were asking for a more competitive PvP scene, and was it even considered esports back then?
I don't really remember the PvE/PvP tuning so I can't comment on that
The lore for killing the big bads in BC was pretty bad.

What do you mean by split raiding though?
>>
>>384960187
>Muradin alive with amnesia
>LK cuts out his last heart and discards any shred of Arthas still within him then somehow comes back
>LIGHT SHATTER THESE BONDS
>Hey you slaughtered my massive army and destroyed my constructs and killed my best scientists and soldiers but now I have 25 more death knights everything went according to plan
>Varian killed Onyxia btw
>Dude Norse mythology lmao
>Naxx is back and there's actual lore why literally everything and everyone is alive again

Just because you don't like the retcons doesn't mean the lore is written worse than this shit.
>>
>>384959813
>>384960930
If you think that's bad, then I doubt You've played Legion.
>>
>>384961036
Quit strawmanning retard. I raided mythic up until ToS released, just because the lore is bad now doesn't somehow mean Wrath's was any better.
>>
>>384948287
WotLK did almost as much damage to the game as Cata, and 4 months of Ulduar doesn't change how shitty the rest of the expansion was.
>>
>>384961550
At least Wrath was finishing an ongoing story instead of digging up one that was already finished for fanservice.
>>
Wrath had dual spec, more engaging dps rotations and ulduar. ICC was decent but nothing special except muh lichking.

Everything else sucked.
>>
>>384961712
>Still strawmanning

Shittily finishing an already-established story is not any better than writing new, shitty lore.
>>
Northcraft!
>>
File: 1493320348590.jpg (62KB, 735x551px) Image search: [Google]
1493320348590.jpg
62KB, 735x551px
>>384954973
>people thought gummy worked for years on his pet project because he really liked WoW
>turns out he just really likes programming and doesn't care that much about the gaming community, even if he does like the game
>>
>>384962457
I see you don't know what strawmanning means or even what you are trying to pathetically argue about anymore.
>>
>>384962149
This is my exp maining a fire mage.
Vanilla
>wand for 10 seconds after pull. Fireball until you crit then afk for a minute then wand for another 30 seconds.
Burning Crusade
>scorch scorch scorch scorch scorch fireball dude fireblast lmao
Wrath
>Scorch for crit buff Living bomb Frostfire bolt and instant pyro procs.
Combat peaked in wrath. Content in general was the best in Bc but Wrath was better when it came to rotations/combat.
>>
Ulduar wasn't even better than Sunwell, bunch of gimmicks
>>
>>384963086
>BC is written worse than Wrath
>Here's some examples of Wrath's shit writing
>Yeah well if you think that's bad, you haven't played Legion

Literal fucking strawmanning. Just stop making Wrathbabies looking even worse.
>>
>>384948461
Zombie anything is for faggots
>>
>>384963086
Just because you don't know the definition of your own logical fallacy doesn't mean it wasn't one you fucking moron.
>>
>>384963476
>Wrath was shit
>Legion wasn't so bad
This is what I'm getting from you.
>>
>>384963445
Sw wasn't even a good raid. It's only remembered as being the insanely difficult raid. The only good fight was Kt and that is after the 10 minute dude minions with one mechanic phase. 10 minutes of a 5 man normal level difficulty and then wiping to p2 repeatedly for weeks. So fun.
>>
>>384963476
>illidan was never dead but an immortal demon spirit and he never did anything wrong
>he was actually trying to destroy the legion and we're the bad guys for killing him
>>
>2 of the absolute worst raid tiers in the history of the game
>worst dungeon content in the history of the game
>spawned the 'only the current tier is relevant' philosophy which began to ruin wow
>spawned random dungeon finder which lead to lfr which both did thwir part in ruining wow
The only expansion worse than wotlk is wod, wrathbabbies are the absolute worst
>>
>>384964393
>spawned the 'only the current tier is relevant' philosophy which began to ruin wow
That shit started in vanilla when only guilds that had been raiding up to the end of the game were able to do Naxx because of all the gear requirements. Everyone else could eat shit because with the amount of time it took to gear BC would have already been out.
>>
>>384964115
How does Legion having shit writing make WotLK writing better than BC you fucking mong, he didn't even mention Legion
>>
>>384964375
>>384964115
L I T E R A L L Y S T R A W M A N N I N G
>>
>>384948287
I'm partial to TBC, but WotLK was pretty good. I especially loved Storm Peaks and Ulduar since Titan lore makes me hard.
>>
>>384964115
No, he's right. You strawmanned like FUCK.
>>
>>384948287
Really the only WoW expansion I felt was necessary.
>>
>>384964581
No
In vanilla when I did a dungeon on day 1 I was rewarded with dungeon loot, when I did a dungeon the last day of the expansion it rewarded me with the same dungeon loot
In wrath when I did a dungeon at the end of the expansion it gave me points to buy icc tier gear

Every time the a new raid tier was added the dungeon rewards were bumped up to the same level as the previous raid tier, making that raid completely pointless content

BC almost had this problem but they only added gear twice and it was only ever 2 or 3 pieces you could get to augment your gear and you still had to progress through all of the raids to get to swp
>>
>>384964586
BC
>Burning Legion are just drugged up aliens instead of actual hell demons
>Floating wind chimes are gods of light
>Illidan dindu nuffin
Same can be said for Legion.
>>
can we agree this was just a bad game all around, despite fun nights with friends
>>
>>384965140
>Illidin dindu nuffin

So are you just pretending to be retarded and forgot that we killed him because he fel'd the fuck up out of orcs, enslaved broken, and built a demon army in his madness?
>>
>>384956224
This is the only correct answer.
>>
>>384965059
>In wrath when I did a dungeon at the end of the expansion it gave me points to buy icc tier gear
You got one emblem of frost from doing the dungeon daily. It would take over a month to get a single piece of ICC gear like that.
>>
File: hard.jpg (54KB, 600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
hard.jpg
54KB, 600x1060px
>>384955359
absolute patrician taste
although i think legion should be above tbc
>>
>>384948461

Those fucking homos couldn't wait to get to end game so that they can sit around Dalaran, alt+tabbed and jacking off.
>>
>>384948461
Reminder that it's because of the vocal minority and the Chinese that WoD had garrisons implemented
>>
>>384949347
Post the cowgirl one
>>
>>384965367
>welfare raider defending welfare gear
>from a system designed to cater to casuals subbing more than a month and playing less than an hour a day
how unexpected
>>
>>384951804
TBC>WotLK>Legion>>>WoD>>>>>>>>>>>Cata>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MoP

ftfy
>>
>>384967525
>Let's Pandaria was shut my Kung Fu Panda meme

ebin
>>
>>384967525
Vanilla (the ultimate roleplaying experience, best game ever to make lasting friendships) > TBC (flying forever killed world pvp) > MoP (panda is shit, but overall it was great) > Legion (prune killed any potential this had) > WotLK (the start of welfare gear for actual casuals, instead of hardcore casuals)> Cata (destroyed the vanilla feel and refocused the game entirely on raiding instead of leveling) > WoD (mobile content only)
>>
File: MythicGarrosh.jpg (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
MythicGarrosh.jpg
2MB, 1600x900px
>>384967525
>not loving having your own comfy farm in an area pretty much drawn from an anime
>Toe/Soo were some of the best raids since Ulduar
>Flex raids so you can raid with your friends without needing a full roster
>amazing dailies
>Timeless isle was one of the most comfy places on a pve server. After a raid going to the frogs to farm coins and relax
It's honestly up there imo with Bc. It felt like how WoW should feel, for casuals and hardcore raiders.
>>
>>384969021
>tfw literally couldn't do mythic garrosh because the loading screen for his final phase took like 40 seconds on my toaster
>>
>>384969159
Yeah I had to upgrade my card for the Wod pre-patch
>>
>>384948287
Wrath was casual as fuck. Yes, Ulduar happened, but so did literally everything else.
>>
>>384948287
wow died for me when arthas died. I agree, WOTLK was the high point of wow, and it has been dying ever since. more like rotting really. its a zombie now that will never really die.
>>
File: 1500625691693.png (391KB, 485x461px) Image search: [Google]
1500625691693.png
391KB, 485x461px
>>384948490
>>
>>384970385
>Implying all of WoW isn't a literal casual's paradise
>>
>>384973213
bait
>>
>>384973369
>Truth is called bait.
How the fallen have stayed low.
>>
>>384972156
>I said shill do I fit in now
>>
File: 1353654053176.gif (2MB, 327x245px) Image search: [Google]
1353654053176.gif
2MB, 327x245px
>>384955359

Yeah, I agree
>>
>>384948461
>lvl 27 undead rogue
>get infected
>stand near the battlemasters
>turn and explode infecting everyone around me
>receive angry pms.

I miss those times.
>>
>>384960930
>Eredars are good boys, all sargares' fault, definitely not the other way around
>Lol windchime angels
>I'd die for my people, nvm I'll kill them for crack
>Gota suck up all the water cus why the fuck not lol, not that anyone give a shit about this crappy swamp anyway, oh wait
>Orcs dindu nuffin, we even kept some place nice and green
>This blind demon guy looks like a faggot, lets go to war with him
>Everything with akama
>Tempest keep was merely a setback
>Lol velen revived the sunwell but we're still gona kill his people

Nice try
>>
File: 1500701863198.jpg (20KB, 290x293px) Image search: [Google]
1500701863198.jpg
20KB, 290x293px
>>384954973
I played on a private TBC server for over 4 years and Gummys TBC server was a meme there since late 2012

Just now hearing about the fate of his server in this thread and that's pretty fucking sad. Spending over 4-5 years programming a server just to have it shut down by blizz on the first fucking day is a heart breaker
>>
>>384951804
>>384967525
MoP gets so much undeserved shit. I cannot understand how anyone could think that it's worse than Cataclysm.
>>
>>384974904
I thought Sargeras was corrupted by the Nathrezim?
>>
>>384973584
>implying casuals got past level 30 in vanilla
>implying casuals that somehow hit max level did any attunement
>implying casuals got into 40 man raids
>implying there was anything at all for a casual to do until Wrath
There were no casuals until Wrath. The only thing I could think of is twinking but you would still need a main to give you enchants/gear/potions unless you bought gold
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.