[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>See Shadow of the Colossus HD or whatever it's called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: A1tuZ5DvBxL._SL1500_.jpg (491KB, 1303x1500px) Image search: [Google]
A1tuZ5DvBxL._SL1500_.jpg
491KB, 1303x1500px
>See Shadow of the Colossus HD or whatever it's called on the mid year PSN sale
>Never had a PS2, remember it's getting a PS4 re re master so why not
>Start that bitch yesterday
>Camera is super wonky and will mess with you at all times
>Combat is basically the same in all 4 colossi I've killed
>Nothing interesting in the field, horse is trash, nothing interesting to see

Does it get better later? Every review says it's a classic masterpiece and that everyone should play it. I think it's an example of an old game that was decent at its time but aged poorly.
>>
it grows on you and honestly if you played other games from that gen you'd be used to it
>>
i fucking hate this board
>>
>>384944347
I'm not sure if forcing myself to like it would be the best decision. Like, does it get a particularly interesting boss fight?

I also bought Zone of the Enders HD but was waiting to beat SoTC first
>>
>>384944196
Get out underage
>>
>>384944448
spbp
>>
>>384944448
so that's the power of a quadrups
>>
lets see how many people take the bait...
>>
>>384944869
>Point out why I'm not enjoying the game and whether or not it's a game worth playing
>You get mad
Nice job
>>
>>384944196
It's not a game that you play while chugging energy drinks and blasting dubstep in the background. You have to immerse yourself in the experience.
>>
>>384945420
>Plays game
>Doesn't enjoy it
>WTF VEE, WHY AM I NOT ENJOYING IT?
>>
>>384944196
Finish it and we'll talk again.
Also, I think you might be underage or have ADHD, you need to immerse yourself into it, the only valid complaint you've made is about the camera but even that is debatable.
>>
>>384945892
Can you explain why do you have to react like this? I clearly asked in the OP if the game was any different at the later stages. All you had to do was typing "no OP, it's the same thing during the 8 hours". I'm not trying to fight or anything, it's just that you get so defensive, as if I insulted you.

>>384946239
I endured through Fragile Dreams because the story was interesting; combat was terrible and the protagonist really lame. What do you mean by immerse myself? Game is going from the temple to wherever the colossus is, seeing a pattern or a way to kill it, killing, going to the temple, etc. Sure sometimes you see some birds and an interesting building but that's it
>>
>>384944196
It's immensely overrated, expect backlash from retards.
>>
>i need 50 sidequests about collecting 50 boar asses
>>
>>384946850
What I mean by immerse yourself is to not think of the game as just going from point A to point B and murder target X. Think about what's happening and what you are doing. Try exploring instead of just going "oh this is uninteresting". Enjoy the soundtrack. Try out the riding tricks on Agro.
Just finish it man, there are some really neat colossi further and I'm pretty sure you'll like the ending. (especially if you have finished ICO)
>>
>>384944858
a particularly interesting boss? what?
some of the bosses are better than others. my favorite ones are 3 5 13 and 16
>>
>>384944196
10 years have passed and people still don't get the whole point of this game...
Btw, have you bought only Shadow or the complete collection with Ico?
>>
File: 1441145763625.jpg (1MB, 2591x1649px) Image search: [Google]
1441145763625.jpg
1MB, 2591x1649px
>>384948667
Sometimes games get a boss fight or a level that stands out from the others, you know like the Shadow Moses level from MGS4.

>>384948969
>people still don't get the whole point of this game...
Killing other things is bad except when you are reviving your ded gf? I only bought the digital version of SoTC since I still have Zone of the Enders wrapped.
>>
i bought it when it came out and found it to be kind of shit, too. you're not alone, OP.
>>
>>384946850
Instead of asking if it gets "better" later why not play it and find out? If you don't want to, thats cool too. You don't need validation from some website for your gaming satisfaction (or I hope you don't). It honestly sounds like you don't really enjoy gaming and just want to "feel" like you like it to get some morbid gratification from that instead of from something good, like enjoying a game.

Get lost underage faggot. Either play games and enjoy them or don't play them and ignore them. If the game isn't your cup of tea thats fine, just don't come here acknowledging the game isn't clicking for you and begging us to somehow fix it for you.

Go watch a twitch stream of something, it sounds more up your alley.
>>
*Revived Power starts playing*
>>
>>384944196
>Does it get better later?

It doesn't get any less redundant. Although some of the later colossi do become very challenging, and even start hurling missile attacks that can kill you. At that point it's less about figuring out how to mount the colossus so much as strategically dodging shit and finding ways to take cover.

The conclusion of the game is pretty interesting, though. Wander undergoes some very noticeable deterioration as you progress, implying he's outright become a vessel for Dormin.

I'm not sure if you've made it far enough to fight the avian colossus, but it's easily the most epic battle in the game. I think it may be the sixth colossi. You should at least stick to the game long enough to experience that.
>>
>>384949371
>Killing other things is bad except when you are reviving your ded gf?
No.
Also you should know how to interact with Agro (the horse), she (yep it's a female lol) has her own AI, that's why sometimes the command seems wonky and imprecise.
>>
>>384944196
I'm sorry but if you can climb a giant beast, clinging on for dear life while it tries to shake you off before finally stabbing it to death while this music plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2nK06zZkg and not feel moved there is something wrong with you.
>>
i hated it too, but after i've finished it i realized i loved it.
>>
>>384950068
>easily the most epic battle in the game
No, that would be the flying sand snake
>>
>>384949371
>Killing other things is bad except when you are reviving your ded gf?

She was executed by your village / kingdom / whatever because they superstitiously believed she was cursed. Which, according to events, may actually be true. The point is that Wander isn't going to have any such injustice, so he makes a bid with a sealed god to restore Mono's soul to her body.

>killing people
The colossi aren't people, they're a bunch of magical golems that correspond to the various seals keeping Dormin from re-entering the world. Destroying them will unleash Dormin, and in exchange for that, Dormin has promised to return Mono's soul to her body.
>>
>>384950068
The overall story of SotC is very similar to The Colour out of Space by Lovecraft in a way. An ancient evil is "bound" to a prison, finds ways to flex what little power he can thru the land, then frees itself in the chaos that it set in place.
>>
>>384944196
>Camera is super wonky and will mess with you at all times

It is, but that's a rather minor footnote to an otherwise great game. You can't push all these other details under the rug and dismiss the entire package because of a few small inconveniences like the camera system.
>>
>>384944448
>>384944869
>>384945075
>>384945553
>>384946239
>>384948969
>>384950093
Why are SotC fans so fucking pretentious? It's always the same try hard pseudo intellectualism from them.
Other games with large empty worlds, repetitive as fuck combat, and problematic controls/handling are rightfully deemed as hot garbage but when this game does it
>IT'S ART/YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT/YOU'RE TOO YOUNG
>>
>>384951045
The game world is designed to feel empty and evoke a sense of loneliness and isolation. If you can't even grasp that much then the game isn't for you.
>>
>>384950863

What were your thoughts on the ending?

Since Dormin speaks in overlapping male / female tones, I wonder if it's actually more than one entity rolled into one. I also tend to think the female half of Dormin possessed Mono's deceased body, rather than actually returning Mono's soul. Dormin's male half was to possess Wander's body, but when Wander is killed, Dormin's male half instead reincarnates as an infant to be cared for by a possessed Mono. Perhaps all of this corresponds to Mono's cursed destiny, and the very act of having her executed was just her executioners unwittingly playing into Dormin's hand all along.
>>
>>384951045
I was trying to be very polite and informative and that's you answer.
Ok then senpai, hava a nice life
>>
>>384944196
Don't listen to the people that are mad that you don't like a game they like.
I loved it because
>music is incredible and memorable
>combat isn't my favorite but it's satisfying to hear the music change once you successfully climb and stab at the weak point
>honing all the cool tricks you can do with agro to be useful and cuhrazy in battle
>art direction gets me rock hard
It's just a matter of preference. Don't force it, man. It didn't age too well but you can bet I'm getting the remake
>>
>>384951045
The Forbidden Lands are made to feel lonely while being beautiful in their desolation, it's all in accordance with the story themes treated. There is no combat, it's puzzle solving with humongous beasts. Nothing wrong with the controls except that Wander has SLIGHTLY more difficulty hanging on to stuff on the PS3.
>>
>>384944196
>>384944858
I just beat Shadow of the Colossus like an hour ago.
Mainly played it because I wanted to see what the fuss is about, but I kinda knew from the start it wouldn't really be my kind of game. Turned out I was wrong; Overall it was a pretty meh experience.
Zone of the Enders on the other hand is great though, probably among my favourite games.
>>
>>384951361
>the game world is designed to be shitty and evoke a sense of boredom. If you can't even grasp that, the game isn't for you.

Uh...ok, anon.
>>
>>384952502
Not him but it's designed to feel like gorgeous desolation, it tries to evoke a form of fascination through mystery. It makes you think about what those places could have been used for, what was their purpose...
If your problem is graphics, the PS4 remake will surely satisfy you.
>>
>>384944196
Its sorta like monster hunter but artsy.
>>
>>384952182
>There is no combat
Yes there is. It's not just figuring out how to target the colossi's weak points, you also have to survive their blows and being tossed around. For this, the game lets you put up permanent stamina and health upgrades in the form of fruit and lizard tails.

So this is a true action-adventure game, not strictly adventure.
>>
>>384944196
If you won't like the fifth colossus you probably won't like any of them
But Avion is pretty cool no matter what
>>
>>384944196
>start that bitch yesterday
Embarrassing, stopped reading there.
Protip: cursing doesn't make you seem cool.
>>
>>384951727
I think you are looking too deep into it. The stories of ICO and SotC are very grounded in basic fairy tale caution-ism (just made real). I think Dormin's dual voice was just to show that it really was something "godly" and above the mortal realm.

The ending was good to me and somewhat positive. Dormin moved his essence into Wanda as Wanda killed the colossi, his vessels, then was reborn in human form. This was his ultimate goal as his essence was now in mankind, not the earth. You can eventually seal away Dormin in a physical vessel, if its made of the earth and you can seal it off, yeah Wanda ruined that one time but there's no telling how long it took for someone to break the rules in place. Being in mankind makes him like a chameleon (horns aside). Its why the horned boys are cursed, they have Dormin in them, if they could live free they could have their own kids and make the curse more pronounced. Then Dormin is everywhere.

He symbolizes duality with his dual voices, duality is a choice structure. With the societies we see in ICO and SotC there is no choice, only rigid rules and harsh punishment for breaking the rules. So harsh there isn't even a choice anymore. Wanda making a choice was the real sin, not what his choice was. Chaos vs. Stasis.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_195214.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_195214.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
Sorry I left the thread unattended, grabbed some snacks and turned on the PS3. I bet this fight will be interesting
>You can't post pictures larger than 4mb from your phone
I just want to phonepost Hiro

>>384953929
I'm sorry dad, I won't make it again
>>
>>384944196
>buying worst version
The HD port fucks with Wander's grip so he easily wobbles and shakes if a Colossi so much as moves an inch. They never reworked the physics to accomedate the increased framerate so now time attacks are impossible.
>>
>>384951045
Hello, brainlet.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.