[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your honest opinion on this? I always thought people hated this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Your honest opinion on this?

I always thought people hated this game because nobody talks about it, but I recently saw it was critically acclaimed. It's one of the reasons I never bashed Ubisoft much, because deep down I still want a sequel...
>>
A pretty good game all things considered, but I can't help but feel it was overlooked foe being a Ubisoft game. Had it been any other studio making this, whether it be from Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft I think it would've been remembered more and gotten more praise than it does now.
>>
>>384941070

Repetitive combat, fun enough to explore and get stuff. I was most impressed that they had the balls to end it like they did.
>>
mediocre, but not bad. My main problems with it are that is' too easy (you can never even die) and it's really repetitive.
>>
Cool setting, characters, and story, uninteresting gameplay caused by too much casual accommodation.

I get the whole "you don't die, you just suffer the consequences of death" but that doesn't change how forgiving it actually feels. The stakes feel too low if you can't actually die.

The combat was meh and I don't like the scripted platforming either.
>>
>>384941997
>scripted platforming
as opposed to procedurally generated physics based platforming?
>>
>>384942231
The best platforming has a momentum element to it.

Without that it just feels like you're on a predefined track where you press a button in time with the actions.
>>
I really liked this game actually.
>>
Great setting,characters, story and atmosphere, terrible gameplay.
Combat and platforming are way too easy, forced orb hunting and an open/hubworld that is useless and hinders the narrative.

I want to suck on Elikas toes
>>
I liked it but it was definitely a terribly flawed game. The combat, while standout at the time, was repetitive, shallow and half-assed as fuck and the platforming was more akin to a rhythm game where you just string along a combination of button presses with little need for precision or thought. The previous trilogy of PoP games had more emphasis on precise platforming and had greater feeling of momentum and physics during those platforming sections too.

In the end, I would definitely have liked a sequel to PoP 2008. Shame it never came.
>>
A good game that really desrved a sequel to fix them and deliver a GREAT game.
Too bad it'll never happen.
Gameplay was fine but waaaay too repetitive, nad latter platforming sequences were too long to be challenging or fun, were just frustating after a while.

Story was good, enviroment were great, characters were the real driving force and their relationship grew with every level in a not-forced way.
Ost was godlike.

it really, REALLY needed a sequel to shine.
>>
It took a fat, greasy shit over what people loved about Sands of Time. The gameplay was crap, and they replaced what were arguably two of the best written vidya characters and replaced them with Nolan North quipping his way through another generic performance.
>>
>>384941070
>you cant die
11/10
>>
>>384943505
But the characters were really good. Did you use the conversation button?

Prince is a well-traveled skeptic while Elika is a concerned protector.
>>
>>384943505
To be fair, the Sands of Time trilogy was already finished. A reboot or alternate story was definitely needed.
>>
>>384943609
The Prince was just Nolan North doing his Nolan North voice.
>>
>>384942976
>>384942823
Did we play the same game? Story was jank as all hell and tell me that ending wasn't moronic. I didnt dislike Elika but was I really suppose to believe that with little character development going on for her, I'm suppose to just undo EVERYTHING just to revive her.

When she didn't want to

And she makes this very clear that you're an idiot as the big bad evil god comes back.
>>
>>384943680
What was needed was a new IP, reusing IP's just confirms what everyone already new. You have no new material and can only make shitty rehashes and indie tier projects like this game and forgotten sands.
>>
>>384943747
>they locked the true ending of the game in DLC
That was a huge mistake. To this day, I still have no fucking idea what the resolution was.
>>
>>384943747
They were building up to some kind of deeper purpose Elika has than simply sealing away Ahriman. Her sacrificing herself doesn't actually solve the problem, it just kicks the can down the road. Freeing Ahriman and reviving Elika was alluding to Prince thinking there is more to the cycle than merely sealing Ahriman.

Yeah there's a romance aspect to it but the overarching problem that no one until now has actually dealt with the Ahriman problem seemed to be the actual thrust of the story. Unfortunately they never made a sequel.
>>
>>384941070
Best Prince of Persia. Exploration was great, and story was way better than I expected it to be. One of the few game romances that didn't feel forced.

Also, Elika is waifu tier and /feetkino/
>>
>>384943828
Agreed anon. Jesus Christ, Forgotten Sands was generic as fuck.
>>
>>384941070
garbage
>>
>>384943951
>Best Prince of Persia
Damn, that's some bad taste. The sands of time PoP trilogy is easily the best.
>>
>>384943747
>>384943889
The original ending was better, the undoing of everything you managed to accomplish in the game was very emotional and sad. Pretty much what any game is supposed to be, but so few of them are able to show.
>>
>>384943951
end your life already you degenerate jew
>>384944013
and you go back to plebbit
>>
>>384944192
Gameplay wise - maybe, but the story was just generic as fuck. I preferred PoP 2008 because of the story alone, I don't know why it resonated so well with me, it felt like a fable instead of a Generic Fantasy Game #2543
>>
>>384944204
That's all well and good anon but it wasn't resolved. It ended with a terribly obvious cliffhanger.

>>384944334
Nice try anon. Only ***dit fucks like Forgotten Sands.
>>
Sands of Time was the best 3D PoP game, but I think this is second best because I found Warrior Within and Two Thrones 2edgy4me
>>
its neat platformer game with nice art and graphics that they stamped prince of persia on and called it a day.
>>
>>384943747
>And she makes this very clear that you're an idiot as the big bad evil god comes back.
Yes, she does and tells you a lot of times in the dlc, if i recall correctly.
Also, prince never really cared about anything other than himself(and, later, her), so it doesn't feel force.
Plus, they really hint that sealing Ahriman again wouldnt solve shit as it would just delay the problem.
>>384943949
This basically

Also, Im the only one who hated how much Darksiders 2 took from this game?
Even the first main villain is fucking Arhiman and all the platforming animations are literally the same.
great game tho. Too bad 3 seems shit.
>>384944204
It was literally "buy the next game plz"that never came out.
Dlc just made it more clear.
>>384943951
Not the best, and definetely not a "true" pop sequel.
i liked it as its own thing.
>>384944192
>>384944537
Sands of time was the best. Warrior withing was siply a mistake in basically every fucking aspect and two thrones tried to fix the damage ww had done.
I love 2008 as its own game tho, even with all his problems I found it a really great experience to play and would have loved so much a sequel.
>>
>>384943949
That's the rub. It could've been so much better, they barely talk to each other throughout the game other than I think her asking about his family and sometimes when Elika talks about the different bosses, you're kinda clued into how dutiful she is and what she's expected to do but that's it. And being the one that has to press a button to even hear the story is just lazy. "We couldn't bother to create dialogue appropriate moments in the game so let's just make it optional for you to click." If they'd done that better, maybe I would've been glad to cut down those trees if it means I can save her. They did it in FFX, why not here?

It's a tradgey. Sa
>>384943951
Waifu my arse. The bloody camel was probably the best girl. Had all the loot.
>>
Collecting Light Seeds just felt like filler. It was too open-ended and there wasn't much going on when you were doing it.

It was like doing a collect-a-thon but with no higher purpose. I think it unlocked more areas but there should have been a better way to do it than just blithely running around and picking up Light Seeds. Leave that for a secondary objective that benefits you but isn't 100% necessary.
>>
>>384941070
I liked it at first, but I seem to remeber they made you fight the same 4 bosses 10 times, which is not acceptable.

Also isn't the ending DLC? Fuck that.
>>
>>384944771
They talk to each other a TON if you volunteer yourself to their conversations.

There is a shitload of character interaction and world-building that takes place if you take the time to hear them out.
>>
File: 1497129020557.jpg (20KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1497129020557.jpg
20KB, 570x479px
>>384943951
>Best Prince of Persia.
>>
>>384941070
I think a critic summed it up best when they said because the game was "open world" they had to tone down the challenges because then it would fuck up the pacing if the players did the hard ones first and then the easy ones later, especially in regards to combat.
>>
>>384944918
I did press the button anon, whenever i could. Like the only time I think we see something even remotely akin to character development was when your ex going through the concubine and Warrior levels. Even after hearing all that fluff, still didn't make me care enough. Sorry, they had some good moments and the right idea but the overall execution was sheit.
>>
>tfw we'll never get a game on par with sands of time again
>>
ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS KISS IN THE END AND IT WOULD BE 10/10 BUT NO THEY HAD TO HAVE SHITTY DLC THAT TRIED TO EXPAND THE STORY AND IT WAS AWFUL.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.