[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Kojimbo really think this is the good way to tell a story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Did Kojimbo really think this is the good way to tell a story? Or was he just pretending to be retarded...again? And again?
>>
>>384940373
Whats so bad about it? Why are codec calls any better?
>>
>>384940373

I liked it. It was nice to listen to while eating a salad.
>>
>>384940373
I think it's OK, especially when there's so much time getting from A to B in the open world areas.

But fuck him for having Ocelot and Kaz interrupt you all the goddamn time when you're listening to the important bits. I know there's an enemy sniper.
You should be able to tell them to shut up for a bit.
>>
>>384940493
in fucking game
>>
>>384940493
Not him but I prefer the codec calls too. I get that the audio tapes allow to keep playing the game so it doesn't break the flow of everything you're doing but that only works in concept. In my experience I ended up standing still in a quiet spot to listen because it's difficult for me to multitask properly between listening and playing, so might as well have some cool moving pictures to watch. Maybe I'm just a retard.
Plus you always get fucking interrupted by Miller telling you shit you've heard 100 times
>>
FACT: no fukushima = 100% of all kojima's retarded ideas with no filter

im starting to think the patriots idea of context was about kojima's stupid thoughts
>>
>>384940493

Codec calls feel like more of a NOW kind of way of story telling where-as tapes clearly implies it's all shit in the past and who gives a fuck. Unless you're a die hard, you probably didn't go into the briefing backstory shit to MGS1 but you still enjoyed the codecs and cutscens throughout the game. Meanwhile, nobody gives a fuck to listen to the boring tapes of cowboy Troy Baker talking down to Venom Snake.
>>
>Implying listening to tapes while jogging out of a cleared base isn't the comfiest feel
>>
>>384940373
>story is about the power and hold language creates over people
>story is told primarily through language alone to highlight that aspect
People who don't understand narrative shouldn't be allowed to criticise it.
>>
They would be if TPP had nearly as many tapes of Peace Walker did.
>>
>>384940373
dick heads complain how there are hours long cutscenes so kojima does the tapes now people are pissed there are tapes and no cutscenes?

what the fuck do you want fuck heads
>>
>>384941192
you're forgetting how bossfights mysteriously took a nosedive after mgs 4 (which was 90 percent recycled anyway)
>>
File: 1500085158013.jpg (301KB, 990x666px) Image search: [Google]
1500085158013.jpg
301KB, 990x666px
Codec calls make for entirely different pacing and were what made much of MGS atmosphere. It seems that with the amount of tards in this thread, it's not an easy concept to grasp.
>>
File: 504x_Meryl_3.jpg (10KB, 298x248px) Image search: [Google]
504x_Meryl_3.jpg
10KB, 298x248px
I thought it was better because you could listen to it at your discretion and it was less immersion-breaking than having a conversation about chinese proverbs and Hollywood movies in the middle of a boss fight
>>
File: 08100100.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
08100100.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>384941369
this
>>
>>384940373
This game is all-around just terrible. Glad I only wasted $8 on this piece of shit.
>>
>>384941595
A middle ground...
Going from 4 hours in 1 cut scene to almost no cut scenes in the entire game is not something I wanted
>>
>>384942085
Seems that Kojima really managed to rope in GTA DayZ tard squad for MGSV
>>
>>384940493

>Why are codec calls any better?
Serious question? Your character did not idly sit by, not giving a fuck while some major secrets get revealed. It was an interaction, often with fun characters.
Tapes are just lame and cheap. The excuse was probably "Venom is literally u lol, whatever your reaction is, is his reaction"
I play skyrim when I want that shit.
>>
wait you can play the game while the tapes played?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.