[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post your favorite RTS, and why. I grew up on this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

ITT post your favorite RTS, and why.

I grew up on this game. Too bad SJW forgotten empires devs are ruining the franchise.
>>
File: Space.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>384937215
i gotta say empire at war. land battles were kinda lame but space battles are fucking awesome adn will never not be awesome i still play from time to time. and close to that galactic battlegrounds, literally age of empires in space
>>
>>384938201
Yes galactic battle grounds is definitely one of my favorites too. It's much faster paced than aoe as well, though the aircraft are extremely overpowered, I still love it.
>>
>>384937215
>he doesn't play on voobly
>>
>>384937215
I forgot all about the definitive edition bullshit, fuck them.
>>
File: zh_box.jpg (71KB, 450x637px) Image search: [Google]
zh_box.jpg
71KB, 450x637px
>>384937215
PRESERVING FREEDOM
>>
File: MechCommander_Coverart.jpg (90KB, 256x308px) Image search: [Google]
MechCommander_Coverart.jpg
90KB, 256x308px
shame mechcommander 2 was shit. Battletech is shaping up nicely tho from what I've played,.
>>
>>384938201
>Follow the Imperial Officer
>>
Ruining the franchise in what way? I find it easy to ignore and disregard SJW stuff as long as the important parts of a video game are good.
>>
>>384939679
Boobly is over populated with laggy mexicans. Boobly has better mods though. 5th age mod, and the lord of the rings mod are fuckign awesome. I play by myself with just the original disc copies, unless I have some buddies that wanna play with me.
>>
>>384940110
Play actually play the LotR mod? Shit, that mod is fucking great.
>>
>>384939990
They ruined the villager pathfinding in aoe2 hd edition, villagers now often stand in place, and you have to rapidly click to get them to follow orders now, and sometimes while luring boar, they just stop in place randomly. Not only that, they shilled for the african kingdoms dlc.
>muh mudhut malian warrior womens!!
>but muh shotel warriors that do that run faster than a scout cavalry and have more attack than a paladin.
I don't even wanna go into how broken malay is. for these reasons I don't trust the franchise in their hands.
>>
>>384940331
Hell yeah man, I love that mod, its easily the best mod ever made for aoe2.
>>
>>384940490
Can't say I ever ran into that villager thing you mentioned.

But yeah, the biggest problem with the expansions is the balance. Malay is a painfully obvious example of them trying to get more sales from the "I must win" crowd.
>>
It's hard to pick just one.

Dawn of war 1 has a lot of charm, variety and with mods it expands so much it's unreal.

I fucking love SCBW story and the gameplay still is fun to go through.

LOTR BFME2 ROTWK is really nice, both gameplay and campaign wise, the world conquest mode is so engaging and i love making canon breaking heroes.

Homeworld 1-2-C are great games and i hold them dearly for how good the SP is.

Sins of a solar empire rebellion is so good, it blends 4x and rts perfectly and the scale is so satisfying, alongside Homeworld it has mods for literally all the sci fi franchises out there.

Sacrifice is unique and charming, and a cool deviation from the normal RTS formula.

Heroes of anihilated empire scale is fantastic, and it's a beautiful game, i'm amazed how good a sprite based RTS can look with 3D terrain and buldings.

I love them all desu.
>>
>>384941745
Yeah they i'm pretty sure they have no clue what they are doing. They were just a group of modders who had their egos inflated too high, and somehow had the rights to the game handed down to them.
The definitive edition isn't even coming to steam too, its coming to the microsoft store or whatever. Whoever is in charge of marketing there is a complete genius! If it was coming to steam I would maybe get it. The biggest problem I saw in the trailer was the lack of blood though.
>>
>>384942181
idk how to feel about dawn of war. sadly the only dawn of war game i played was 3, and needless to say I refunded that game within the first 20 minutes of playing it. Also never played many spaceship based rts games.
>>
>>384943060
forget about DoW3, that thing is an abortion and shouldn't be remembered.

Just give DoW1 a shot, either wait for a sale, pirate it or look for gameplay videos.

It's hard to describe what makes that game fun without actually playing it yourself. It ditches most conventions of other RTS that make units firing each other have no impact, and makes melee not only viable, but because of the synch kill mechanic it's flashy and fun. You'll be surprised how many units have unique animations when killing a certain unit.

Also the VA is great, units have a lot of personality and it's fun to order them around.
>>
>>384943423
game of the year edition is on sale now for 4 dollars lol. I bought it. who knows this might turn out to be my new thing.
>>
>>384943806
Enjoy anon, i would have suggested you bought game of the year with dark crusade and soulstorm tho, as that adds 2 races each.

Unless game of the year has all the content, i can't remember well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.