/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played Majora's Mask before. Should I play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
I've never played Majora's Mask before. Should I play it on N64 or 3DS?
>>
File: 3x3 v.jpg (301KB, 916x916px) Image search: [Google]
3x3 v.jpg
301KB, 916x916px
N64.
>>
Play the originals for your first time. The 3D remakes aren't entirely faithful to the originals, especially MM, but are also amazing games in their own right and well worth playing.
>>
>>384934656
Wii or Wii U > 3DS > N64

N64 has the superior artstyle and UI, but suffers from poor framerate. The Wii/U fix this problem.
>>
File: Your post.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Your post.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>384934731
>Total Annihilation
>Metroid Prime
my fucking nigger
>>
Most changes in the 3DS versions are improvements, if you ignore the MUH ATMOSPHERE fags.

Unless you're one of those people who thinks the new song of double time or bomber notebook is too good and can't help but use them anyway. I personally pretended like they worked like they used to and still had a good time, but other people cry bitch tears about it.
>>
>>384934656
3DS
>better graphics
>better framerate
>better controls
>fishing holes
The N64 version has a better atmosphere due to the lighting, but that's about it.
>>
File: remakeMMcompare1.jpg (949KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
remakeMMcompare1.jpg
949KB, 1600x2400px
I hope a day will come where I dont have to post this image
>>
>>384934731
Renegade's a great game, too bad the online was so fucking rife with cheating.
>>
>>384935002
I was a cheater and it was extemely fun even when not cheating. I bought it in some 4 pack game that target was selling which included a bunch of Westwood Games, was so legit.
>>
>>384934656
3ds otherwise you'll want to kill yourself waiting for time specific events to happen
>>
>>384935002
Didn't Renguard fix that for the most part? At least when it initially came out?
>>
3DS is way better

the game is shit tho
>>
>>384934998
Oh shit, I forgot how terrible Majora's Mask used to look
>>
>Ruined the lighting
>Ruined the Moon
>Ruined the Zora Swimming Controls
>Ruined the Bosses by making them all big glowing eyeballs
>Ruined the Twinmold Fight completely and replaced it with quick-time-event bullshit

Is this even a question? Aside from some of the models and textures being improved, there's practically no reason to play the 3DS version.
>>
>>384934998
>A fucking eyeball inside its mouth
why
>>
What's a good Euro price to pay for the N64 version?
I'm also a complete zelda newbie so if there's a better entry point into the series, feel free to recommend. I'm just interested in Majora cuz the atmosphere appeals to me
>>
>>384935610
Virtual console
>>
>>384934836
does the wii version of ocarina also fix the framerate?
>>
>>384935714
I believe so.
>>
>>384935639
sorry if this is a dumb question but is the virtual console still available for the Wii?
>>
>>384934656
Wii/Wii U.
>>
>>384935610
I was introduced to Zelda through Majora and I've since explored the rest of the series pretty thoroughly, but in hindsight it may not be the best point of entry. Play it if it looks interesting, by all means, but if you're looking for the quintessential Zelda experience I'd start with LTTP or Ocarina of Time. The original is fine too if you don't mind how barebones it is. All of the GBC games are great, too.

Like I said though, just play MM if it looks interesting to you.
>>
>>384935895
It seems so, but if not then you can just try emulating, also Ocarina may be a better entry

A lot of the creepy atmosphere of MM comes from playing it after OoT
>>
>>384935895
I don't believe so.
>>
>>384934656
play the original first on any console you want.
the 3ds remake is better if you've already played it at least once, because while most of the changes are very good, some do take away a bit of the atmosphere.
It's faggy I know, but it's the best way to experience it for the first time.
>>
>>384935714
>>384935895
Yes.
>>
>>384935297
$500 snipers only so my bighead cheat is less obvious :^)
>>
>>384936015
>>384936086
>>384936115
>>384936252
Thanks guys. I'll look into either MM or Ocarina to start off into the series then
>>
It's fine to play the 3DS; aside from changing the controls for Zora and changing the boss fights, it's pretty faithful.
>>
>>384934998
what's bad about the top and bottom? Like I get that some of the graphical changes were a bit shitty but overall the 3ds version is much better and it's worth it to play it. If you really care that much just go back in an emulator and go oh yeah this level did have better atmosphere and that will be it.
>>
>>384936807
You'll appreciate Majora more if you play it after Ocarina, due to game recycling lots of assets, and using that to subvert expectations of the player. For example, at one point you'll see scumbag bosses from Ocarina, who end up being really nice and cool NPCs in Majora.
>>
File: Onlygonnasaythisonce.png (792KB, 1164x652px) Image search: [Google]
Onlygonnasaythisonce.png
792KB, 1164x652px
I'm only going to say this once, so listen up.

STOP LISTENING TO /v/. GO TO /vr/ IF YOU WANT HONEST DIRECTION ON HOW TO PLAY OLD CLASSICS OR HOW THEY HOLD UP TO REMAKES.

For one, don't buy OoT on the VC. It has collision detection problems on certain jumps (climbing the big steps up Death Mountain for instance). This is no doubt caused by some angular rasterizing malfunction in the emulator's coding. You don't need to look past the white seams all over the game's intro to tell something is definitely wrong. The Wii U VC version fixes this, but it seems, at the cost of having a darkening filter over the game. So with that in mind, you should play the 3DS versions. Of the two, OoT IS definitely less faithful to certain design intentions, but aside from shielding which is just harder, the gameplay is fundamentally unchanged.

MM3D as other fans have said is very faithful to the N64 version except for controversial adjustments to the bosses and improvements to the Zora swimming. You really miss nothing if you play this version, or the 64. So put your mind at east.
>>
>>384934656

Both are fantastic! 3ds version has a lot more things that make it easier without breaking the game, still great, but the N64 one feels a lot more stressful, which is probably the intended difficulty.

No wrong choice I think.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.