[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say I realize I could build a gaming rig for less, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: deusexsteammachina.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deusexsteammachina.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
Say I realize I could build a gaming rig for less, but I'm a well off chap who just wants to be able to buy a prebuilt box, plug it into my big screen tv and start playing.

Are steam machines really that bad?
>>
File: 1497067735680.jpg (24KB, 280x348px) Image search: [Google]
1497067735680.jpg
24KB, 280x348px
if you are too dumb to build a PC, just admit it. thats the only reason to buy a stem machine
>>
>>384932705
God, what is wrong with people, you actually want to get scammed by steam like a literal goy, what the fuck? How did you manage to enter /v/ today, did you google it?
>>
File: 2fort3am.jpg (129KB, 624x876px)
2fort3am.jpg
129KB, 624x876px
>>384933053

Okay, I am too dumb and don't trust myself to build a PC.

That being said, Is there anything intrinsically worse about them compared to a high-end gaming rig other than cost?
>>
>>384933053
This, seriously.
>>384933264
Dude, it's practically legos at this point. It would take you 30 minutes to build and another 20 to install/update OS

Go to pcpartpicker to make sure all is compatible, load a youtube video on building and your done
>>
>>384932705

Well the lower end models have mobile shit tier hardware that you can't upgrade. Building your own always results in advantages like

1. You will get something way for powerful for the same price
2. You can easily upgrade parts instead of being clueless
3. If a part should fail, you can easily fix it up and maintain it for years
4. Making it yourself means you can choose your case for better airflow if you decide to overclock to get more speed

That said the more expensive steam machines are up gradable but then point number 1 comes into play.
>>
>>384932705
Building a pc takes like 10 minutes max. You literally just plug shit into sockets, its pretty much impossible to fuck it up.
>>
>>384932705
I got one around the time MGSV came out, my laptop died and it was a big upgrade when it came to the GPU(Big downgrade on the CPU though), granted I got a Windows 8 version not Steam OS.
It was able to play MGSV on high at 1080p and Witcher 3 on medium at 1080p, that's about the extent of my modern gaming on PC though. (I'm a filthy console peasant for newer games.)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.