[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people find XCOM so hard? (The newer games,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: YW2hwNO.png (203KB, 936x268px) Image search: [Google]
YW2hwNO.png
203KB, 936x268px
Why do some people find XCOM so hard? (The newer games, not the older ones)
>>
>>384924927
Normies and casuals.
>>
>>384924927
It's kinda hard before laser.
>>
Fuck, why did I even buy this game. I hate super difficult games like this
>>
>>384924927
The only thing I have trouble with is positioning my squad. I don't know how to get in proper flank positions.
>>
>Invisible enemy
>Walk close to it
>It gets an attack of opportunity
>crits the person who got close
>They die in one hit
>>
>>384924927
Honestly, it's a pretty tough but "fair" game. More experienced people can dominate it with ease, but someone new to it might get completely crushed. And I guess most people won't bother getting past that initial blow if they aren't too much into the game to begin with.
>>
>>384924927

Because its an RNG fest, and until you understand how that RNG works and how to abuse it the game is pretty much impossible (in Classic/Impossible difficulties)

The nu-xcom basically boils down to gamble the first 4-5 missions on RNG and if you survive them with no losses you win the game without any real challange, if you lose soldiers during those first missions you might aswell restart otherwise you will be dragged down by RNG the rest of the game
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.