[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not even baiting here, but I think this game almost feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Not even baiting here, but I think this game almost feels like a glorified tech demo.

The game is technically mindblowing and masterfully crafted. But actually playing it... it feels like I was spending several hours fucking around in the world waiting for the game to start, and then it never really did. I know this game is a huge step forward when it comes to emergent gameplay, but that also makes me a bit sad. It just makes me realize how insanely far away we are from making truly dynamic and freeform games. Despite this I'm glad the game exist, I'm excited for the sequels and all other games that will be inspired by BotW; I'm just not sure I think BotW itself is a very enjoyable game.

Am I crazy for thinking this?
>>
>>
>>384922437
yes
>>
>>384922208
Nah, I'm with you. It feels as much of a game as Garry's Mod.
>>
>>384922208
You're not crazy. I disagree with you, but you're not crazy. You had your expectations set because of the hype, but Nintendo is breaking new ground on the series itself. It's naturally going to feel like something is missing for you, because you felt that it was going to be similar to your other sandbox games that you might have experienced already.

I think at this point though you're just getting a little bit older, and is taking it to more of a medium rather than mindless entertainment.

If you enjoyed it as if you were still a kid, it's a great game. Otherwise if you keep on picking it apart like some game developer or professional reviewer, you're going to set yourself up for disappointment; because it doesn't have the specific elements that you believe it requires.
>>
>>384924086
Yeah you're probably right. It almost feels like the reason I found the game a bit boring is because I have become a boring person myself. If I was younger I probably would have adored it.

I'm still very excited to see what they do with the formula.
>>
File: deleted.png (77KB, 581x440px) Image search: [Google]
deleted.png
77KB, 581x440px
>>384922208
>Not even baiting here

Threads that start with that are usually thrown away OP
>>
>>384922208

I'm almost starting to believe that emergent gameplay is just a meme. Fooling around with physics gets boring pretty quickly.
>>
Everything is so shallow.
>>
>>384925402
Emergent gameplay is very much in its infant state.

I mean the dream here is to enter a proceedually generated virtual world created in a similar way to our own. That's ways off.
>>
>>384922208
It's a good game but I got bored after 2 hours. It's not enough Zelda for me.
>>
>>384926225
Don't really understand why they got tid of proper dungeons and replaced them with shrines and divine beasts.

I think classic dungeons you can complete in any order you like would be a nice break from the open world, I just found shrines too short and often boring.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.