[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't enjoy this game you need to go away and play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg (44KB, 392x431px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg
44KB, 392x431px
If you don't enjoy this game you need to go away and play some more video games until you appreciate it. Not even joking.
>>
boring as fuck
>>
>>384922058
Go play more video games and then come back to it. I'm talking 5 years from now, go back to it then after you have more experience with games.
>>
2deep4you game are ALWAYS boring. No good gameplay = shit game. Fact.
>>
being a dog owner helps in enjoying this game
>>
>>384922303
Any pet I think really
>>
>>384921862
Wait... this was a game!?
>>
>>384922297
The Last Guys isn't 2deep4you at all. It's purposefully simplistic actually. Just because a game attempts to explore emotional connections doesn't make it pretentious. 2deep4u is like Bioshock.
>>
File: 1500160432302.png (31KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
1500160432302.png
31KB, 184x173px
>>384921862
If there is an undefined prerequisite where only the poster knows what they mean by it, then no, I'm good. I don't have to enjoy it, or play it.
>>
Pull your head out of your ass. The game was okay at best.
>>
>>384922538
*Guardian
>>
oh yeah this came out
>>
File: 1498763219656.jpg (102KB, 771x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498763219656.jpg
102KB, 771x900px
>>384922538
>The Last Guys
>>
This is the only game were I saw an AI as an actual living being, I didn't treat Trico like an NPC but like an animal and it was amazing.

I think you need to have played a lot of video games to appreciate The Last Guardian. The level of detail this game put in to make him believable is mindblowing. Shame about the awful controls.
>>
>>384921862
Would have been a great game if directing trico wasn't mind-numbingly frustrating.
>>
>>384921862

Doggo was well done, but everything else was not.
>>
>>384922476
It barely qualifies as a game, but yeah.
>>
>It's trying to do something more so we have to like and praise it because the bigotry of low expectations is the lifeblood of this medium!

Nah, I'm sorry to break it to you, but the Last Guardian failed at what it tried to do overall, even if it got some things right. Anyone who has played this game can tell that they basically did not know what kind of game they actually wanted to make and had the concept of "bond with bird-dog" as their highest priority without actually knowing how to translate that into a meaningful game.

Also they basically just ripped the ICO concept but now with a giant animal, but unfortunately what worked for ICO does not really work for Last Doggo. The game also just plain doesn't work, which no isn't just the beautiful liveliness of the animal because they demonstrated it being capable of comprehending way higher level of problems or abstractions in cutscenes but then you play it and the animal can't figure out how to go forward in what is basically a game long tunnel where there is no where else to go. It sucked and the game straight up doesn't work. Sorry faggot, no goldstars for "trying".
>>
>>384922915
I kept talking to him like do my cats, it was surreal.
>>
Is there a fucking breakdown of Trico's AI on Youtube or anything yet?

SotC was one of the most technically impressive PS2 games, TLG was originally a PS3 game and even after having to jump to the PS4 it STILL runs like trash. I need to know what kind of fucking shit they're pulling that's such a massive systemhog. I seriously doubt it's just poor optimization.
>>
>>384924987

Yeah you're right I guess this game does fully capture the responsiveness of a house cat. I would like to see them do a dog next.
>>
>wahh the controls were bad

1. Stop spamming commands
2. It's an animal it's gonna ignore you sometimes
3. I concede that sometimes Trico is retarded and just won't listen no matter what you do but thats like 1% of the game

And yeah it was an easy game but so was Ico and SotC, doesn't make it not a game
>>
File: x8v4PmV.jpg (120KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
x8v4PmV.jpg
120KB, 630x776px
>>384926725
>everyone always bitches about Trico being hard to control.
>mfw I never had a problem with him because I fed him, pet him and never spammed commands.
>>
>>384926725

>2. It's an animal it's gonna ignore you sometimes

try 80% of the time
>>
>>384927191
9 out of 10 times I thought Trico was being a cunt was just me telling him to go the wrong way and wondering why he wouldn't listen
>>
Much like Ico and SOTC, this """"""game"""""" is there for people to pretend is good because it's DEEP and ART. There is almost no actual gameplay. Combat consists of looking at Trico do things at a blistering 5 frames per second. Puzzles are braindead and barely qualify as puzzles. The controls are awful and made even worse by the shitty fluctuating frame rate. This is a straight up bad game. If any other company made it, people would put this "game" on blast.
>>
>>384927191

Lel I did all of this and wanted to fully embrace the experience The Last Guardian was trying to offer and Trico was still retarded. The fact that we have "works on my machine ;)" tier arguments popping up should show how erratic the whole thing really was.
>>
>>384927378
If you spam controls then yeah.

You hit R1 and look to see if he twitches his ears. If he does that means he's listening, so you give the command. If he can do it he either roars and does it or just does it and if he can't he wimpers or shakes his head.
>>
>>384927671
You're just a bad owner dude.
>>
>>384921862
Watched my girlfriend play this and the most impressive thing about it was that they asked money for it. The game is a technical hot mess.

But hey, at least it has an achievement for watching Trico poop haha toilet jokes haha.
>>
>>384927953

Yeah I guess my vibrations weren't in sync with this game, truly a masterpiece.
>>
>>384921862
Why would I play a shitty game?
>DUDE LIKE THE MONSTER AND BOY HAVE SUCH A STRONG BOND DUDE LMAO
>>
The only people who dislike TLG are ADHD children who think they're pro gamers and get annoyed when a game cockblocks their attempts at speedrunning because it's about the experience and the bond you share with Trico and not how fast you can solve the puzzles
>>
>>384928723
So you've never actually played it

Fuck off child
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.