[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that I think about it, the Wii U actually had a pretty strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: H2x1_WiiU_Welcome_v07.jpg (571KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_WiiU_Welcome_v07.jpg
571KB, 2000x1000px
Now that I think about it, the Wii U actually had a pretty strong library, if we're talking exclusives. I've never owned one, but looking at a list of exclusive titles just now made me realize that I'd probably buy one if it hadn't been dropped so early in its life cycle.

The main problem with it was a really flawed marketing move on Nintendo's part, since most people thought it was simply a Wii accessory or a newer version of the Wii.

I hope a lot of those games eventually make their way to the Switch in one way or another, because they look really neat.
>>
it had the best games. fact.
>>
File: nlft.png (85KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
nlft.png
85KB, 312x332px
I felt like this when the Wii U was still alive. It legit had a lot of really great exclusives. Unfortunately I am starting to feel a little bit burned since they retroactively took away exclusives. Better versions of Wii U games keep getting ported over to the 3ds and the Switch, making me feel like I missed out by actually supporting the system. Like, I can't justify buying Mario Kart 8 or Pokken again, but now I am stuck with less content.
>>
>>384914605
Literally just Bayo 2.
>>
>>384915354

Well, think about it like this: if people hand't supported the system, those games wouldn't even exist.

It kinda sucks to see a game you bought two years ago get a remake with more content for the newer console, but it's not like this was their plan all along, the Wii U simply failed to meet their expectations and they had to do something about it.

Instead of letting those games sink along with the discontinued Wii U, they opted to port them to the Switch and get a bigger mileage out of those exclusives, and I can completely understand that. It's kinda like all those Dreamcast exclusives that eventually made their way to other 6th gen consoles; at least more people would get to play them now.
>>
>>384915354
The 3DS versions of the WiiU titles are unanimously objective downgrades. Mario Kart 8 D's content was shit (Battle mode, more items in races, and fucked online).

The only one so far I've actually felt burned on was Pokken
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.