[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

after restarting this game 4 times over the past 12 years i finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Coverdoom3-1-.jpg (38KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
Coverdoom3-1-.jpg
38KB, 344x500px
after restarting this game 4 times over the past 12 years i finally decided to finish it on my 4th restart and damn...i honestly liked it. i wish there was more, i also think i liked it more than D44M
what was so bad about it? i finished the bfg version btw.
>>
Nothing was wrong with with DooM babies just wanna be DooM babies
>>
>>384908052
>what was so bad about it?
Nothing, it's just become a meme to hate it over the years.

It's a good game, and much closer to the original vision of Doom than the new one.
>>
>>384908334
imo this game is literally more like doom 1/2 because it still has sprint and no double jump>>384908365
>>
I could never get into it and as the years go by it only becomes more and more dated. I'v tried playing it probably 3 or 4 times as well and never make it longer than a few hours. Seems worse every time I try.
>>
>>384908586
i finished it in less than 6 hours and desu it felt like a lot longer than that. it just seemed like there was more to it but it could just be the level design
>>
>>384908365
The flashlight juggling was incredibly annoying, and since the game was designed around it, using a duct tape mod makes it very strange. That said, it was definitely solid and nowhere near as bad as /v/ ability to think that games can only either be "10/10 greatest game over" or "Literally unplayable garbage" makes it seem.
>>
>>384908052
Now play it again in VR

https://youtu.be/3M7JbgHrX3U
>>
File: 1489291788746.png (330KB, 554x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489291788746.png
330KB, 554x522px
it was slow and predictable. lots of boring narrow hallways that relied on jumpscares.

not a terrible game, but it seemed like a poor man's imitation of half life and really lacked any innovative gameplay features.

carmack's engine was cool though. The games looked incredible back in the day.
>>
it's too slow

Ressurection of Evil was much better and D3 should've been like that from the start.
>>
>>384908418
>>384908365

this is the dumbest shit i have ever read in this site

doom 3 was good, yes, fine, but closer to the originals, than doom 4? for fucks sakes man
>>
>>384909415
i might be missing something...they literally felt like the same game to me except with different levels
wait nvm...roe had slow time which was op as fuck so imo roe was even slower ..wtf?
>>
>>384909602
doom 4 didn't even have marines did it? found th levels to be much more linear than doom 3 as well
>>
I still play it from time to time. It looks gorgeous at 1920x1200 with 8x supersampling. Don't need no BFG Edition, just the old one will do. Don't even need any mods either. It's fun, and you can tell the developers actually tried really hard to make something impressive. More than can be said about the shallow soulless games of today.
>>
>10 minutes over estimated time
gosh...
>>
>>384910257
who are you talking to? and what are you talking about?
>>
I liked all main games
>>
>>384910257
Wrong thread sorry, any janitor feel free to delete my comment.
>>
>>384909829
also doom 3 had more bosses i believe
>>
>>384908052
It's a mediocre FPS and a mediocre horror game.

Also play Resurrection of Evil, it's more fun as long as you don't use OP Artifact.
>>
>>384908365
>much closer to the original vision of Doom
Tom Hall's vision, maybe.
>>
>>384908052
came out near the same time as HL2, Painkiller and Far Cry

Painkiller was more like doom than doom 3. Half Life 2 felt more like a sequel to Half Life. Far Cry came out of nowhere and was pretty fucking fun at its time. Also FEAR came out a year later and shit all over what doom 3 tried to accomplish by having the player play a badass in a horror themed game

3's pretty good but it was disappointing as fuck at the time.
>>
File: 1124873466415.gif (1012KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1124873466415.gif
1012KB, 320x240px
It was shockingly different from the classic Dooms, and it is honestly a pretty boilerplate FPS on its own too; enemies come in small numbers, soak up damage, and lack interesting types and behaviour, the guns sound weak and feel like peashooters, levels are gray metal corridors.
It's actually really spot-on to say it's a Doom game that thinks it's System Shock. And all of this is coming from someone who sort of enjoyed it and has replayed it many times.

Watch this if you really need positive thoughts on Doom3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0IMQIlUMQ
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.