[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where have all the RPGs gone? All that's getting released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1365491247516.jpg (323KB, 1100x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1365491247516.jpg
323KB, 1100x1070px
Where have all the RPGs gone? All that's getting released is turn based/tactical indie shit.
I want a single customizeable character with a variety of classes/skills to choose from and a degree of freedom in exploration. Is bethesda's shit really the only thing left?
Is the genre dying?
>>
Bump for interest.

But rhe lack of responses should be the answer (sadly).
>>
>>384902404
I want to impregnate female Bilbo.
>>
>>384902404
This is also the kind of game I prefer. I'm forced to play MMOs to get this fix, but can't stand the endgame treadmills so i just quit and start over on the next one. A bad cycle to be in.
>>
>>384902404
>I want a single customizeable character with a variety of classes/skills to choose from and a degree of freedom in exploration.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>384902404
>I want a single customizeable character with a variety of classes/skills to choose from and a degree of freedom in exploration
That kind of game requires passion and effort, no company is interested in making something like that.
>>
Into Hershey's RPG's and Cream!
>>
>>384902404
>I want
Time to learn how to code anon-kun, good luck!
>>
>>384902404
These types of games require too much investment and time to develop, and don't sell nearly enough, unless it's already tied to a big name company, like EA and Bethesda.

My personal dream is something like Neverwinter Nights/Baldur Gate, with a more lighthearted story and colorful, cartoonish art style, even anime like your image would be fine.
>>
>>384904015
Also this
>>
>>384904560
>My personal dream is something like Neverwinter Nights/Baldur Gate, with a more lighthearted story and colorful, cartoonish art style, even anime like your image would be fine.

This.
>>
>>384904560
I feel like we could have good games again if we gave up on the super realistic graphics.
>>
>>384904802
I certainly would give up graphics for games released more often and with better gameplay and content instead. On the topic of RPGs. I really despise not having much choice with how my character(s) level up and what they can do. That's why NWN games are godly to me, the amount of shit you can do with all the classes and multiclassing is insane.
>>
Any RPG recommendations?
>>
>>384902404
God, that's cute. Japan should try to make a western rpg.
>>
>>384906160
Dark Souls
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.