[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all agree steam is cancer and Gaben is a filthy degenerate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

File: cancer of videogames.jpg (413KB, 1450x1288px) Image search: [Google]
cancer of videogames.jpg
413KB, 1450x1288px
We all agree steam is cancer and Gaben is a filthy degenerate but who will break steam monopoly? why not a single millionaire in this world has ever tried to break steam monopoly in the gaming market? you can host your game in any 2 dollar server why use steam?
>>
MS, EA & Ubisoft have tried to take the crown but completely failed at doing so
>>
Steam went straight to the gutter the moment a community was introduced.
>>
>>384898645
use gog then you faggot
>>
>>384898645

We just need someone to make a marketplace and game library more easy and convenient to use than Steam.

It can't be just as good since just as good won't make people leave the service they're dedicated to. It has to be better. Steam makes it insanely easy to purchase, manage and play my games. If someone can improve on that, I'll move to their platform but so far every other attempt has fallen short of Steam's own systems and is miles away from surpassing it.
>>
>>384898645
Here's a good essay on this, actually:

https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=39431

I'm not sure it answers all your questions but it's a good starting point.
>>
>>384898645
>steam is cancer
It's the only, singlehanded reason why PC gaming didn't die around 2005.
>>
>>384899970
well steam is popular because the client allows all kinds of DRM in exchange of ''free'' servers but how to break the monopoly?
>>
>>384898645
>cancer
>degenerate
Epic dude. Post some more buzzwords. Also yes, Gaben is directly responsible for some random profile.
>>
>>384900660
>RANDOM
i can find 1000s of this in 15 minutes
Look for the 2B butt appreciation community and you'll see it gets worse
>>
>They look at people's profiles
All I see on Steam are the store, my library, my wishlist and community guides.
>>
>>384902962
>i don't see it therefore it doesn't exist
>>
>>384898645
>WAAAH I SUBJECT MYSELF TO SOMETHING I DISLIKE WTF WHY WON'T IT STOP EXISTING
>>
>>384903042
It wouldn't bother you if you didn't go looking for them. You think OP didn't search for hours to find a cringy Steam profile?
>>
>>384899549

Pretty much this.

People only download Uplay/Bnet/Origin/Epic Games Launcher for the games they can't get on Steam. They might pick up a crossplatform title if there is a sale.

You can't just release a couple exclusive killer apps and expect droves of people to decide to never use Steam again.
>>
>>384900251
>steam is cancer
>It's the only, singlehanded reason why PC gaming didn't die around 2005.
because it became cancer like consoles
>>
>>384903623
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SquishyButtsHQ
https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/61kbov/2b_appreciation_thread/
>>
File: Screenshot_20170723-111343.png (244KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170723-111343.png
244KB, 1440x2560px
>>384898645
>monopoly

You do realize Steam is far from a monopoly right?
>>
>>384904409
nobody forces you to interact or even look at any any of this shit
find a hobby retard
>>
File: gaben destroyed video games.jpg (511KB, 1116x2544px) Image search: [Google]
gaben destroyed video games.jpg
511KB, 1116x2544px
these people receive video cards and pc accessories in exchange of cam whoring for 15 minutes
it's pathetic
>>
Gabe Newell is fucking' redpilled.
>>
>>384904494
>Steam
>Don't control 90% of everything that is released in the west
>don't force you to upgrade to windows 10 otherwise the games won't work
>don't make exclusive deals with companies assuring popular games won't ever release on steam linux
>>
>>384904864
I'd do it too if I had a nice body and there were women who would send me games and computer parts in exchange for dick pics from a black guy.

also >Having a gaming PC
>Take picture playing Stardew Valley
>>
>>384905054
>90%
Monopolies are by definition 100% you fucking retard.
>>
>>384905068
>I'd do it too
back to plebbit
>>
>>384901194

This has still nothing do to with Gaben.
And why does it even matter to you?
>>
>>384904864
Why don't you camwhore yourself?
I'm a dude and do it 3 nights per week, i get mad cash from faggots and rich granny
You just have to touch your dick from time to time while playing some games
>>
>>384904954
So he's an enormous delusional faggot?
>>
File: nein.jpg (45KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
nein.jpg
45KB, 600x431px
>>384905172
>This has still nothing do to with Gaben
>>
Steam isn't that bad and better than any alternative. Which is what it will take: someone to make a better alternative.
>>
>>384901194

how does that affect you in any way or make steam bad?
>>
>>384905413
Even if someone made an alternative to Steam that's fucking amazing I wouldn't leave Steam because I invested too much money there.
>>
>>384905313
So how is that his fault? Because he created Steam?

Going by there, you might just as well blame Yahve.
>>
>>384905593
>your money is forever on steam servers
>you'll have to agree with their new policies forever if you want to download your shit games
I miss the time when building a pc was difficult because retards like you would find another hobby
>>
>>384905664
>>
>>384905593
I'm sure there's a decent few people who would agree with you. If, however, the vast majority did end up migrating, you would be feeling mounting pressure from the people you play with to migrate. It becomes a stacking effect.

Eventually the games you've paid money for on Steam will stop being relevant to your interests and you'll stop holding yourself back with the sunk cost fallacy, unless you are just truly that stubborn.
>>
>>384898645
Microsoft should just copy steam directly and take half of what steam takes per sale, that way third parties would flock to it and MS is so wealthy they can take the financial hit until steam goes out of business.
>>
>>384898645
> cannabliss
bruh weed lmao
>>
>>384904864
they're not real you dunce, they're just taking random pics of sluts off the internet and pretending for the easy retard whiteknight $$$
>>
>>384905893
Isn't that just trading one monopoly for another?
>>
ITT: steam trash trying to defend their degeneracy
>>
>>384905856
Realistically though, I'm pretty sure that can't happen.

If EA, Ubi and others failed to do so, who could? Another game developer? How many killer apps would they need to make people migrate? How would they cater to the indie market?

Steam is so ingrained now that you would probably need a hundreds, if not a thousand exclusives to make people switch. That plus every non-exclusive game Steam has to offer, I suppose. It's not something you can appear out of thin air, so it's really unlikely this will never happen.

I believe gog and the Humble Store are basically the closest we'll ever get to Steam's rivals.
>>
>>384898645
doesn't GoG work? I mean it doesn't have every game and it doesn't have the DRM but it's still a competing platform.
>>
>>384905752
>He thinks I built a PC
>He thinks the difficulty of PC building kept people away from PC gaming
You could go into Best Buy and buy a regular ass computer and run most games just fine. PC gaming isn't the SUPER SEKRIT CLUB OF ELITES like pretending it is.

>>384905856
>If, however, the vast majority did end up migrating, you would be feeling mounting pressure from the people you play with to migrate. It becomes a stacking effect.
That's true.
>Eventually the games you've paid money for on Steam will stop being relevant to your interests and you'll stop holding yourself back with the sunk cost fallacy, unless you are just truly that stubborn.
I'm incredibly stubborn and I'd be salty about the money I put into Steam + having to juggle two different clients.
>>
>>384906391
Nah, if steam ever went public they'd lose half their market share in three years or so.
>>
I no longer buy games that are Steamworks. There's literally no upside but there are downsides. For that reason, I'm out. I wish I decided this earlier.
>>
>>384906519
You have so many non-arguments in a single post Im not even sure where to begin honestly.
>>
But if Steam shuts down or another competitor makes it big, I'd lose all my games
>>
>>384906391
It certainly isn't going to happen anytime soon, no. But think down the road 10 years and it's not unlikely someone else could have made a play by then.

Keep in mind no one would have thought Steam would rise to the level it has. Though Valve had a respectable set of games, they were still much smaller than EA/Activision/Sony/Microsoft and it's pretty crazy to think where they've come and how dominant they are now. Some total unknown could end up usurping them, probably backed by mobile game market money if I were to guess.

Alternatively it could just be google.

>>384906519
You'd be a unique case.
>>
>>384898645
>We all agree steam is cancer and Gaben is a filthy degenerate
I don't though
>>
File: Donald-Trump.jpg (40KB, 948x948px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump.jpg
40KB, 948x948px
>Supporting a company that has like 2 indians in their customer support
>Supporting a company that its literally communism since you dont own your games
>Paying for a literal key for the product that they can revoke you at any time!
>Its okay as long you dont leave steam you can have your games!

Have not used my real money to buy a single steam game aside from tf2 in 2010, and it was good while it lasted because the game became f2p cancer
>>
>>384906974
Report and don't respond.
>>
>>384904145

What exactly is cancerous about Steam though? Almost everything they do is customer friendly which is part of why they're so successful.

They keep your games updated for you.

Provide free cloud backup of save files for most modern games.

Allow you to delete and redownload games on a whim.

Make game management easier than on any other platform.

Provide an easy to use storefront and even links from your game pages to the store page for said game to easily buy DLC and the like.

Provide curated experiences with wish lists and deal notifications.

Constantly have great sales and discounts on games.

Constantly improve their user interface, especially as it relates to Big Picture.

Provide additional functionality to users which is completely beyond the realm of their expected support -- Steam recently expanded controller mapping from just Steam controllers to both DS4 and X1 and 360 controllers. This means you can now use analog sticks, triggers and D-pad in older games that only support DirectInput. This used to require third party software like Joy2Key.

There is seriously no other system, on PC or console, that is as tailored for the user as Steam. They only hold the power they do because they keep things as accessible and easy to use as possible. When they introduce a system that isn't working, the remove it. When they introduce something with success, they improve it.

What about any of this is cancerous? That some people that use the service are camwhores or trolls? Why would Valve care? They still buy games and aren't breaking the TOS.
>>
Even a service better than Steam probably won't kill it, the switching cost for a lot of people would be so high (not being able to play all the Steam games they bought) that at most they would only use another service in addition to Steam.
>>
>>384905893
I would just quit buying games if I need to pick msoft over valve.

If you hate steam that much just pirate or play on console.
>gog
>>
>>384907057
>announcing reports
>>
>>384898645
>We all agree steam is cancer
Nope.
>Gaben is a filthy degenerate
Again, nope.
>who will break steam monopoly?
No one will.
>why not a single millionaire in this world has ever tried to break steam monopoly in the gaming market?
Because it won't turn out as good as Steam

Steam isn't cancer. It's just a platform. People are cancer and will migrate to whatever new platform.
>>
>>384907059
>free service
It's shit. It need to be paywalled like ps+ or gold for it to be good.
>>
>>384905054
>>don't force you to upgrade to windows 10 otherwise the games won't work

Isn't that up to the devs

>>384906974
>uses "communism" wrong
>is a trumptard

Sounds about right
>>
>>384907396
Holy shit
>>
>>384907356
>Gaben is a filthy degenerate
>Again, nope.
Kill yourself retard.
Gaben is the biggest kike there is in the gaming world
>>
>>384906784
>Keep in mind no one would have thought Steam would rise to the level it has

I believe this is kind of the problem here (though I also think it's not that big of a "problem"). No one expected it to be so "unifying", in a sense. And even the people that realized that earlier than the other and tried to copy that just couldn't keep up. Steam is miles ahead of the competition now thanks to the loyal userbase and the fact that it became a standard of the industry.
At this point, services of similar quality, or even slightly better quality won't be able to suddenly appear and compete seriously.
And I haven't seen any suggestions in this thread that show what a "much better" system would be like. And I honestly can't think of one myself.

I don't believe the "mobile market" would be able to rival that, to be honest, there is too much discrepancy in the target audience. What if Steam started investing in that, though, that'd be a bit scary.
>>
>>384907506

Couldn't have put it better myself.
>>
No one is going to leave steam since their games are already there. Only way steam dies is if someone can set up some sort of spotify type service for AAA games and get everyone (publishers) on board. And I dont see that happening any time soon.
>>
lf> sugar daddy teehee ;3
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/id/puppyspalace
>>
>>384898645
I am scared i own a lot of games on dteam

My fear is one day i wake up and findout my game doesnt work
>>
>>384907603
yea well it's because steam hasn't been anti-consumer enough yet.

Valve as a whole is smart enough to know not to mess with your costumer base. If they ever went public they'd get "INFINITE GROWTH" retards that would try to get more "profit" by screwing their costumers over.

If you want steams (almost) monopoly broken, just get them to go public.
>>
Where do you guys find these profiles? You'd have to actively search for them to find this kind of degenerate shit.
>>
File: 974.png (388KB, 461x536px) Image search: [Google]
974.png
388KB, 461x536px
>>384907852

>All those fatgirl angles
>>
>>384907852
>arm as wide as the face itself

red flags, son.
>>
>>384898645
They use games like dota 2 and CSGO and their item gambling markets to get people to adopt steam.

No other platform effectively utilizes the gambling inclinations of gamers as well.
>>
>>384908132
Just take a look at the review section of a store page and you'll probably see a few that clearly have extremely autistic profiles.
>>
>>384908575
I've never followed reviews or the Steam curator page. Guess I am still safe from the cancer.
>>
>>384908667
I also wish they had a filter to remove anybody with picture spam on their profile, etc.
>>
>>384905054

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that blizz is going to stop supporting vista and xp.

Face it, the world it going to force you to upgrade
>>
>>384898645
Autism
>>
>>384899262
>Paying for abandonware
top cuck
>>
>>384901194
>Look for the 2B butt appreciation community
Gaben created the community?
>>
>>384904864
>Playing games
Disgusting. I feel genuine hatred
>>
>>384898645
>We all agree

where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>kuntana
So blatantly slutty I can somehow admire that level of slutitude
>>
>steam monopoly

steam does not have a monopoly on anything.
remember - Origin and GoG exist, as does the option of simply releasing your game without binding it to some distribution platform.
>>
>>384909616
Gaben let the community features bloat to the level that are at today. There would be no profiles with user uploaded images, emoticon spam and a dozen meme groups if he was not okay with the social media direction that the Steam community developed towards.
>>
>>384910582
>features are bad: the post
>>
>>384910582
I've used stream for 7 years and i've never seen a profile of anyone but mine a couple of times and never used a community, there is no need to use it if you just want to play games, i guess the problem is with you, not with steam.
>>
File: 1492972773693.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492972773693.gif
1MB, 400x225px
The kind of retards that go out of their way to look for this shit and complain about it are the same retards that thought "goobergate" did anything to the whiny "sjw" whores when all they had to do was

IGNORE IT.

but since you're retarded you keep giving attention making things worse.

Kys
>>
>>384911386
>Kys
>>
>>384910774
>The client can't become bloated

>>384911056
I'm not the guy he was arguing with, just pointing out that for better or worse Gabe holds some responsibility for the current state of Steam and it's community. If you don't use those features then the option to turn them off would be nice; The built in browser for example, if you have steam running then there is another process for the web helper running too.
>>
>>384911523
kyjelly yourself
>>
>>384911893
>>The client can't become bloated

What? User uploaded images, emoticons, and groups all web-based. They can't bloat the client to any significant degree.
>>
A fool would go into this business at this point. Valve has name recognition, negotiating power, and despite the bad press with paid mods and lack of ambition to make new games they still have good will with the userbase. It's because they have the games and because the sevice is easy to use and because they give refunds and because the deals.

You would have to offer all that and more for people to leave valve.
>>
>>384907854

Valve has said in the past that they have measures in place should they ever need to shut down.

My big fear is getting hacked but two-factor should hopefully mitigate that.
>>
>>384914043

I wish Valve would out and out say they're done making full fledged games themselves and/or that Half Life is finished. It's stupid but I still keep waiting for them to fulfill the promise made by Episode 2.
>>
>>384904864
>>384898645
>>384907852
I'd rather have whores like this on steam than yet another weeb avatar

fucking weebshits.
>>
>>384905054
>I am an underage faggot: The post
>>
>>384904864
no, what is pathetic is the thirsty betas who enable it. Thots cannot exist without betas
>>
File: 453455.jpg (24KB, 401x326px) Image search: [Google]
453455.jpg
24KB, 401x326px
>>384898645
i havent bought games from steam for over 4 years now
i just play my games on origin or get them from gog
if you ask me for my steam id i instantly block u and erase u from my life
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.