[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't /v/ like this game? I thought it was pretty good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Theevilwithin_cover.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
Theevilwithin_cover.png
743KB, 764x828px
Why didn't /v/ like this game?
I thought it was pretty good. Are you excited about the second game anon?
>>
Is it worth ten bucks on the PS4? Are the DLCs worth getting too?
>>
>>384893114

A lot of people here liked it. There have been pretty big threads. I think casuals just find it difficult. They want baby games with no challenge like TLOU
>>
>>384893854
for 10 bucks yes, DLC's are ehh but if they're cheap go for it
>>
It was alright. It's about two times longer than it should be and has some seriously janky mechanics but it can be very fun. Not particularly excited about the sequel but if they fix the stuff I had major gripes with in the first game then I will definitely check it out.
>>
Prologue was OK, but the first level made me quit and give the game back. It was beyond boring. Didn't feel very nice and was very plodding. When people said it was the "next Resident Evil 4" I didn't have massive hopes, I think the game's decent but nothing more, but this was nothing like that. It was some bastard stealth game.
>>
>>384895520
it picks up, publisher pushed for stealth to be included so those portions suck
>>
>>384895520
The prologue is garbage. The first level's boring yeah but by the second one the game gets significantly more fun. It's not a stealth game, it just allows a stealthy playstyle sometimes.
>>
>>384893114
it was mediocre and generic as fuck. Absolutely nothing special, unique or even good about it.
>>
>>384895856
Name 5 games like it
>>
>>384896084
RE4-6, Watch Dogs, Cold Fear, SH Downpoor
>>
>>384896567
>Watch Dogs
???????
>>
>>384896084
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy XII
Soul Calibur 4
Super Mario 3D World
Ninja Gaiden Black
>>
>>384896729
https://youtu.be/jCmmYF4rOwo
>>
>>384893114
Not scary. Not fun. Shit horror game.
>>
>>384896567
RE obviously but the rest only have the most shallow similarities. TLOU is the closest you're gonna get and it doesn't have the more interesting mechanics of TEW like the matches and crossbow which really set it apart
>>
>>384893114
I'm about 6 hours in and having a fun time. At the start when I was forced to creep around shanking zombies for lack of ammo I was feeling pretty disappointed but then the game gave me a shotgun and rape-crossbow in one encounter and the game has been 90% action ever since. Every time the game seems to be setting up for something gay it surprises me. At the start Castellanos is the most boring looking guy in the car but these diary entries are semi-interesting and rather than restricting the rest of the cast to 2 minutes of cutscenes and radio-contact you actually spend significant portions of the game working together with them, as you would if you were suddenly thrown into an insane hellworld where everything wants to kill you.

This game is awesome, like The Last of Us but made to be fun.
>>
desu it was too hard
>>
>>384893114
It was awful, the game was turning me off hard at the beginning with the forced stealth, then you get thrown in a completely different game which is horribly linear but at least doesn't fucking force stealth down your throat, all of this while delivering an awful combat oriented game with garbage mechanics, if you like it then you like shit and the 2nd one is going to be even shittier since Mikami isn't even touching that with a 10 ft pole
>>
>>384896918
>matches and crossbow which
>really set it apart
you kids are easily impressed it seems.
>>
>>384897275
Guessing you've never touched the harder difficulties
>>
>>384893114
I liked it. Stealth and horror go together like peanut butter and chocolate to me. The DLC was even better.
>>
>>384897387
it really makes no difference. The whole premise and style of the game is lukewarm and unimaginitive & -immersive as hell.

It's the same as saying that a modern Battlefield is totally different from modern CoD.
>>
>>384897535
Yet mechanically it offers something fairly unique and challenging that you can't get anywhere else. Games aren't just about the style.
>>
>>384897387
>You can only appreciate this garbage only if you force yourself through the main game to unlock the harder difficulty levels and then force yourself again through the same tedious shit
I'd rather kill myself
>>
>>384897757
It does not.
Please start playing more games than just 8th gen trash.
>>
>>384897820
It does. I play games from every gen besides the first regularly.
>>
>>384897151
>if you like it then you like shit and the 2nd one is going to be even shittier

sounds trustworthy
>>
>>384898386
>The only good thing Shinji Mikami has done after leaving Capcom is Vanquish
>Pledge to make a RE4 killer
>Get a shit game instead
>Leave the sequel in charge of someone else in shame
>People in charge is a literal nobody
Trustworthy yes
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.