[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ said dark souls 3 is great >it's boring garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 1499493914747.jpg (64KB, 683x466px) Image search: [Google]
1499493914747.jpg
64KB, 683x466px
>/v/ said dark souls 3 is great
>it's boring garbage
>/v/ said that das2 is shit
>It's actually pretty great
every fucking time
>>
you're younger than 24, right?
>>
>listening to /v/irgins
Most of the faggots here aren't actually allowed to post here.
>>
DaS3 shitters hyped themselves up into thinking it would be good, watching all the trailers and buying the line that Miyazaki fixes everything.

I just preordered it and played it blind with no expectations.
You are correct, it is even worse than 2, only fools blinded by their blind hope disagreed.
>>
You're wrong though.

I agree that /v/'s opinion is far from great but you're just flat out wrong here.
>>
>>384892228
27, why do you ask?
>>
Dark Souls 3 plays better, and smoother and has slick controls. But it's a boring uninspired mess in terms of artistic direction and feels like they just wanted to both end the series as fast as possible without thinking too hard, and pander to the meme tier fanbase it has gotten.

Dark Souls 2 is an absolute mess when it comes to gameplay. It's slow, clunky, the bosses hitboxes are warped as fuck and the enemies act retarded. However, it is arguably incredibly beautiful in terms of artistic direction. It has the most armor and weapons of all Souls games, has the best maps, best covenants, best lore and best characters and has some really nice moments.

If Dark Souls 2 ran on the Dark Souls 3 engine, it would be amazing.
>>
I wouldn't say 3 is bad, but it really is just less interesting than 2
It's really more a case of 'rough gem vs polished turd' kind of deal
>>
>>384892327
really made me think
>>
>>384892394
He asks because your opinion is underdeveloped trash. DS3 does almost everything better than DS2.
>>
File: 1500019448774.jpg (257KB, 1225x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1500019448774.jpg
257KB, 1225x1164px
>>384892631
>DS3 does almost everything better than DS2.
So what you're saying is, it does "being a shit game" better? Because that's actually true.
>>
>>384892631
DS3 is literally style above quality with no deepness whatsever, and this is exactly why it's shit
>>
File: 1477828572566.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477828572566.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>384892631
>DS3 does almost everything better than DS2.
>>
File: A16.jpg (29KB, 480x379px) Image search: [Google]
A16.jpg
29KB, 480x379px
>>384892368
>tfw did the Japanese Xbox work around to get the game a couple weeks before it came out, for a fuckload more money and hassle
>tfw didn't even get past the undead village place before dropping it for awhile
I mean I went back and finished it, but damn that was a waste.
>>384892631
>Worse areas
>Little build variety in comparison, no way of really experimenting
>Shit balance, in PvP and PvE. Faster is automatically better in DaS3
>DaS3 story is gutter trash, while 2 actually tries
>Almost no bosses live up to Sir "Locomotive" Alonne, in terms of looks, arena, or fight.
>Fuck, even Looking Glass is visually and mechanically better than most DaS3 bosses
But hey, it's prettier, I guess.
>>
>>384892631
Both games are trash, but DS2 is mechanically more sound and better from gameplay.
>>
>>384892631
>DS3 does almost everything better than DS2
You're either baiting or got actual brain damage
>>
>>384892147
Only Dark Souls 1 is good, and maybe Bloodborne for like two hours.
>>
>it's another /v/ pretends ds2 was good episode
The base game was garbage, get over it.
Locations looked like piss brown yellow mid00 shooter.
Enemies were unmemorable, bosses were a joke.
Gameplay was a "shockwave" ridden piece of ass, until you dump enough points into meme stat.
DS3 gets bashed for being a rehash, but the only good parts of DS2 were carried over from the previous games. It's the same copypasting of already established formula except with tons of shitty ideas and clear inferiority in every aspect of gamedesign.
Even transition from base game to dlcs is so baffling, I still can't believe someone is defending that piece of shit.
>>
>>384892460
how you think das2 was somehow more inspired than das3 is beyond me, one of the main gripes with the game was how too many bosses were just dudes in armor, world connectivity was ass but das3 doesn't do it any better but at least it doesn't out bonfires in front of 4 crossbow men. das3 covenants are fewer but do more unique things like mad phantoms and whatever that new covenant is. das3 had less weapons but with the inclusion of the gems you can pretty much tailor most weapons to fit your build, and the only areas that stand out in das2 are shrine of Amana and Dragon shire which both pale in comparison to irithyll. Das2 had the best PvP in the series hands down even with all the busted shit, you could actually punish rolls and they took stamina, weapons had windup and poise functioned in a way that wasn't stupid, parries weren't spammed to fuck since they were slow so you actually had to read your opponent. das2 is uninspired and valued quantity over quality but it's PvP was amazing and it's still a decent game
>>
>>384892998
>But hey, it's prettier, I guess.
It isn't even that, aside from Irithyll
DaS3 looks like a black and white film, it's so gray all the time. Gray fucking everywhere, it's so boring and unappealing
>>
>>384892147
DS2 is a pile of shit, 100 times worse than 3, and that's saying something. But nice try.
>>
I think all the games are pretty good and deserving of praise. Some just do certain things better than others. You don't have to like only one DaS game. I would recommend you to stop listening to /v/. This place has the absolute worst taste in video games due to it's tryhard contrarian act that it never dropped.
>>
>>384894304
>das3 covenants are fewer but do more unique things like mad phantoms and whatever that new covenant is
b8
>>
>liking meme souls
>>
>>384894523
it's been awhile since I've played das2 but the only stand out covenant I remember were the Dragon bros and blue sentinels
>>
>>384894638
Rat covenant alone in more unique than entire das3 game
And there also champions, and way of blue was designed better with actual rewards for being in it
Your entire opinion is garbage das kids
>>
>>384894630
>letting your opinion be dictated by what /v/ decides to be a meme game
>>
>>384892147
>Dodge i-frames are tied to a stat
>Soul memory ruining CosPvP as well as making Blue Sentinels irrelevant
>Having to farm for invasion items
>World is horrendously disconnected thanks to instant warping
>90% of the bosses are giant Knights

It's shit and so is your taste
>>
>>384894795
>letting your opinion be dictated by what /v/ decides to be a good game
>>
>>384894895
Still better than das3 shitfest
>>
>tfw you realize half the people here would rate a game 100% by the story
I never have and never will give a shit about a game story. So it already become pointless to read X is shit comments. I'm not gonna ask every faggot why.
>>
>>384894759
The Way of Blue and the Blue Sentinels DO NOT WORK.

90% of players leave the WoB by Lv10. Soul memory makes it almost impossible to invade low level players who would be in the WoB. The BS have ZERO actual allies to protect.
>>
>>384895116
>The Way of Blue and the Blue Sentinels DO NOT WORK.
Why are you lying? Even before soul memory tier were nerfed you always could countto summon at least one or be summoned
>90% of players leave the WoB by Lv10
Lie again, their only other choice is covenant of champions,
>Soul memory makes it almost impossible to invade low level players who would be in the WoB
How so? Because you said that people will magically change their covenant to the late game one in the early game?
>>
>>384895428
Have you ever joined the Blue Sentinels? I was summoned once over a period of possibly 6-7 hours before dropping it. This was at lv60.
>>
DarkSouls3 kids are being BTFO hard in this thread
I almost feel sorry for them. Almost
>>
Yeah dude I love having to dump points into one stat so that the game is playable. Actually pretty great!
>>
>>384895924
>actually putting points into adaptability
______git gud___________________
>>
>>384896174
The game doesnt let you git gud at rolling because hitboxes mean nothing in this game.
>>
>>384893209
Objectively incorrect
>>
>>384896254
People roll dodged without putting points in any stats that gives you iframes
>>
>>384896254
>being so shit that you have to rely on having 10000000's of iframes
>>
>>384893209
but das3 has "hold for cinematic charge" heavy attacks and "press to amazing" weapon arts
>>
>>384896507
>don't have lots of iframes
>fight against someone who does
>get murdered by a smug jester who emotes over your body

This is as stupid as people who advocate not leveling your health because you shouldn't plan on getting hit in the first place.

Guide to doing well in every single souls game:
>>Level health and stamina until soft cap
>>level 2 damage stats until soft cap
>>maximize iframes

On a side note, RIP carthus blood ring, your bullshit died too young
>>
>>384896507
Is this a fighting game because i think that if you dodge something in am action game that it shouldnt hit you. Maybe im fucked up for thinking that.
>>
>>384896174
>haha just get good
>just hide behind a greatshield all game like me
>>
>>384896928
>>fight against someone who does
this is your problem, metafag
>>
File: RPG_Comparison_Battles.jpg (130KB, 474x418px) Image search: [Google]
RPG_Comparison_Battles.jpg
130KB, 474x418px
>>384896976
>This isn't realistic enough
Truly a cancer of the rpg genre, good thing your generation at least gave us a 20 years of great games before ruining everything
I bet you agaist tab combat in the mmos too
>>
File: 1486588693457.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1486588693457.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>384896976
>play das2
>do dodge too early after enemy starts winding up for a attack
>take the hit and flinch
>"wooooow i dodged that!"

>play fighting game
>do backwards dodge too late after opponent throws out a punch
>take the hit and flinch
>"wooooow i dodged that!"
>>
>soul memory
>rarely will be invaded until ng+
>no full orbs
>boring areas with a different big person being the boss
>terrible world connection
>i-frames tied to a stat
>>
>>384892147
le ebin bait thread haha
>>
>>384897185
>>384897298
Its like you are both pretending to not have seen the bevvy of dark souls 2 gifs where characters arent even close to being attacked and take damage or take ridiculous delayed damage.

I can understand the application of a roll stat but honestly its done wrong here. You shouldnt dodge an attack and get hit.
>>
>>384897298
>implying the system is anywhere near as fine tuned and consistent as an average fighter.

What a retarded comment.
>>
>>384897598
>characters arent even close to being attacked and take damag
90% of them are about actual shockwaves, like you can hit by boss slam attack despite being behind his back in the bloodborne
Of course you needed to play game to knew about thme in the first palce...
>>
>>384892147
>it's another Dark Souls 2 is good thread
>>
>>384897713
Invisible shockwaves? Awesome game yeah cool.

You are really reaching.
But yeah dude if a boss hits a sword on the ground 20 feet away i think i should take damage from an invisible source so true.
>>
>>384897713
>big invisible shockwaves from boss attacks
uh huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrymfvwDv0
>>
>>384898119
>roll through the sword
>I dodged fucking stat1111111
>>
>>384897051
>>doing any invasions at all or getting invaded during normal gameplay is metafaggotry

Unless you play in offline mode you're going to end up fighting people who didn't intentionally gimp themselves when building their character, and it's not going to be fun when they can do everything you can but better because you chose shitty weapons or poor stat investment

You might as well run around using only unupgraded weapons because being able to do more damage by upgrading makes the game "too easy", after all if you were any good you'd just kill the bosses in more hits since doing damage is for fags.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.