[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to the classic sense of Let's Plays? The type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1335386772667.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1335386772667.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
What happened to the classic sense of Let's Plays?
The type that's actually goes in-depth regarding the games or awful games that nobody else would want to play and is made purely for fun?
Nowadays it's all just about who can act the most retarded to attract the children and earn mad $$$s.
>>
The pure fedora stench and the lack of self-awareness in this post would be hilarious if it wasn't sad since this kind of posts is no longer a rarity here
>>
>>384891006
you literally answered your own question there
there's no need to make quality content when underage redditors like >>384891195 will eat up any shit with le ebin reactions and screams
>>
I remember when YouTube first came out and there were no really big let's players. Let's plays existed but they were pretty barebones, basically just a dude with a shitty mic making commentary on whatever game he was playing. I remember when I was about 12 or 13 I'd watch let's plays of games I couldn't play for whatever reason and felt a mixed feeling of enjoyment that I was at least able to experience the game and disappointment that I couldn't play it.

idk why I felt like sharing that, kind of a shitty blog post but that odd feeling is sort of nostalgic for me now that I look back on it.
>>
>>384891006
>and is made purely for fun
Well that's where you're wrong. Video-editing is not fun and they were never made for fun.

They were made for audience dialogue, to prompt discussions and to basically show off what they liked. So when they never got popular, or the audience there died off, their sole reason to make them was scuttled.
>>
They're still around, Chuggaconroy comes to mind
>>
>>384891006
Go to SA for those, it's one of the only places where LP is still done with any level of competency or knowledge behind it, instead of it being "Loud negra #1354 screams at brand new release"
>>
File: Good Times.jpg (48KB, 325x402px) Image search: [Google]
Good Times.jpg
48KB, 325x402px
>>384891006
Maybe im the only one out there, but i actually like to see let's players for the reactions
Pic related has been a favorite of mine that no one seems to talk about, and i really want to see how people react to parts like the confession from Polka, the death of king waltz and how Jazz got betrayed by his Girlfriend
I dont mean the constant screaming or making "Le Dumb XD Meem jokes" but actual reactions and hindsight on the game
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.