[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that mooders have more talent than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: WceUQvE.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WceUQvE.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
When did you realize that mooders have more talent than the average indie dev?
>>
Around when Out Of Hell and Killing Floor shipped. Former done by one guy alone.
>>
>>384890696
is this a quake level?
>>
>>384890696
It's really not a fair comparison. Modders work with an already functional game and environment which is the hardest part to get right, once that is completed you can add modding tools so people can creat custom content for it.
>>
>>384890696
Never. Making tweaks and adjustments to an existing game is nowhere near the level of talent of building a game from the ground up.
>>
>>384890696
How are you this retarded?
>>
>>384891545
Yep, it's The Realm of Enceladus
>>
>>384892952
oh, arcane dimensions

i think quake 2 should've been something like that
>>
>>384890696
Sonic Mania and Sonic Retro forums
>>
>>384893038
But weapons and enemies of Quake 2 are too bland. I'd be interested if they change some weapons and make proper tweaks
>>
File: CyOR_NTUsAAeKcY.jpg (128KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CyOR_NTUsAAeKcY.jpg
128KB, 1200x675px
>>384891824
>>384891946
>>
>>384890696
not necessarily more talent
just passion for creating something cool and worthwhile instead of just working for the next pay check under horrible conditions.
unless we are talking about "diversity" employees like the crew of mass effect 4. then yes the average modder has more talent then them as well but those also never had any passion to make a good game, just to use games as a propaganda tool for their cause
>>
>>384891946
So if a dev made an empty world, but the modders created everything in it, who would get more praise?
>>
>>384893482
Not to mention all the time in the world. But really, big deal is modders inherit all the framework that otherwise has to be developed for a game. Unless you're existing an existing engine, an even then in some cases, devs actually need to develop tools to create the game with.
>>
And fan fiction authors have more talent than the original writers too I suppose?
>>
>take something that someone else made
>edit it a little
>"I made this"
I am glad modders get paid nothing, they deserve nothing
>>
>>384893713
>Book analogy

please consider to cease your existence
>>
>>384893665
>Unless you're existing an existing engine
It's not only the engine, things like assets, animations, music, sounds, Script and other stuff are basic things a modder doesn't have to deal with to create something decent while for any indie game this are thins you need to implement on your own, even if you are using something like Unreal Engine 4.
>>
>>384893594
The dev
See:Minecraft
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.