[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man Cemu has ruined playing Zelda on official hardware for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: Capture.jpg (247KB, 1918x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
247KB, 1918x1079px
Man Cemu has ruined playing Zelda on official hardware for me.
I have a WIIU.
Only thing stooping me from fully enjoying it is the fact Nvidia still has not patched the shadier chashe ram usage issue.
That is when you get far enough in to the game and it loads around 6000 shaders the ram usage surpasses 8 gb or ram.
>>
>>384887769
>Only thing stooping me from fully enjoying it is the fact Nvidia still has not patched the shadier chashe ram usage issue.

I don't give two fucks about Zelda tbqh, but this issue is making it impossible for me to play many games that are actually interesting to me such as Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin. I downloaded the caches but halfway through the emulator starts using up all the ram (I have 8Gb) and then my whole system crashes. I even tried enabling the pagefile and so on but it still doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>384888009
Nvidia is apparently working on the fix.

Also im not exactly the biggest zleda fan ether but as i stated i have a WIIU and most of its game look just fine on the base hardware.

Pikmin 3 on HD tv is any worse looking than on Cemu.
Same goes for Mario world or Bayo or even Mario cart.

But Zelda so far just looks far superior on the emulator.
>>
>cemu users
>>
>>384888009
Works on my 8 hm ram machine :^)
>>
>>384888352
Replace the babies whit Sticks of Ram and it acualy becomes funny.

A shader chashe over 18000 will ear up up to 22gb of ram.
>>
>>384888467
Do you have an AMD card?
>>
>>384888578
Nah, I'm on an nvidia one as well.
>>
>>384888656
How many shaders do you need to compile each run?
>>
>>384888517
You don't need an 18K cache, a 6-8K one will work just as well.
>>
>>384888748
Currently at 8.2k shaders. If you're running on 1.8.1b, i can upload mine on mega or something if you want. The 22k shaders are frauds, afaik. I got my shaders from plebbit and went around some more, went from 7.6k to what it is now.
>>
File: veng_k_angle_4[1].png (143KB, 900x624px) Image search: [Google]
veng_k_angle_4[1].png
143KB, 900x624px
I'm not sure why the fuck Cemu won't use the pagefile when it runs out of ram. I've set a 8Gb pagefile and I have 8Gb of ram, should be enough to cache 11000 shaders for Mario Kart but it fucking crashes no matter what. I even tried using an external Class10 SD card to store the pagefile (maybe it's not using it because I have a ssd or some shit like that).

Using a 560Ti with the latest driver. I really don't feel like buying more dedotated wam, especially because my system still uses DDR3 and identical modules to the ones I already have (Corsair Vengeance Edgelord XxX, handy handle edition) cost 70€. For that price I can get a fucking Wii U off some kid with buyer's remorse.
>>
>>384888869
I get 90% ram usage when using more than 6000 shaders.
That is i practically need to restart my system once it gets to 7000 shaders.

IS there some trick to sorting this up.
On 8 gb mashines.
>>
>>384888869
Upload it if its not to much trouble.
>>
>>384889037
That's weird, mine goes up to 95% ram usage only when the game starts. Then it goes down to around 50% to 60% or so. Are you using cemuhook, etc? Try just leaving cemu up. Turn off your browsers and stuff, then wait for cemu to load completely. Have you been able to play the game yet? L
>>
>>384889197
The game works fine when i delete my shaders.
But you know it gets a ton of stutter as it complies shaders on the go.
It works fine at 30 fps but does stutter every few seconds every time it loads compiles a new shader.
And as i stated when it try using larger shaders of over 8000 it makes my PC unresponsive.

Feel free to upload your shaders.
>>
I'm still skeptical on whether the game actually runs smoothly in cemu since I know a lot of people that have never even used cemu will pretend it does just to fuel consolewar bullshit.
>>
>>384889378
Hmmm. Can't really tell what's going on in that case. I guess you can try mine, see if it compiles nicely. Browsers are becoming more and more of ramwhores so maybe they're the ones causing the conundrum.
>>384889195
https://mega.nz/#!BQg0WZwD!gg2jitqCiGV-PpmQMt6jd5MU1Yho2lLpcS4ih1iM_wQ
>>
>>384889683
You nead the Latest cemu hook and to enable Fence skip.
The game works great but has ram issues on Nvidia cards.
>>
>>384889026 here, I think I getting closer to fix it. I think it wasn't working because of Samsung Magician. I think that software was forcing my PC to never use the swapfile because SSD n shieet. I set 8Gb pagefile in Windows, and now I successfully compiled 12k shaders for Mario Kart (got them on plebbit). Unfortunately the game ran like shit because the system ran out of ram and was using the pagefile heavily. I tried rebooting Cemu but it still started compiling the cache again, which is not normal, the second time it should load the already compiled cache much faster. I'mgoing to try again.
>>
File: 1445109520697.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445109520697.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
>>384890287
I'm pretty sure I fixed it now, currently compiled 12k shaders for Mario Kart on an 8Gb of RAM system. Try this:
1. Uninstall Samsung Magician or other SSD programs you may have installed
2. Enable the pagefile in windows and set it to 8 or 10Gb
3. Make sure the pagefile.sys was created in whatever drive you set it to, it should be there and of the correct size you set in step 2
4. Get your plebbit cache and let it compile, it will take forever but it will work and CEMU will not crash
5. After it compiled once, close the emulator, go into the emulator folder and delete the bin file under shadercache\precompiled
6. Start the emu again, the whole cache will compile in like 30 seconds
7. Play the game, it will work perfectly this time around
>>
can someone explain wtf this shader cache thing is?

when I downloaded cemu to test it out I used mario maker and I didn't have to deal with any of this shader or compiling shit
>>
>>384892217
Game running for the first time will stutter and lag badly as the shader cache is generated in real time.
You can DL an already generated cache and put it in the transerable cache folder and shit won't lag.

Some game needs tons of shaders to run like BOTW while some don't like MM.
>>
I still feel like it doesn't run that great, it looks fantastic sure, and performance is 90% of the time ok, but it still suffers from slowdowns here and there that are just too annoying.
>>
Try using a USB stick and set it to a Reedy Boost state.
Also make sure your Superfecth service is enables.

This seams to have helped a lot in making the system stable after building shade chase.
>>
>>384887769
Will try it tomorrow, hope setting it isn't too annoying.
>>
File: breath of the wild comparison.jpg (973KB, 2201x1080px) Image search: [Google]
breath of the wild comparison.jpg
973KB, 2201x1080px
CEMUcucks BTFO
>>
>>384887769
Any improvement on Xenoblade X?
>>
I have 16gb of 3400MHz RAM, the cache thing is not an issue as long as I close everything in the background before playing. It uses up to 12-13gb for me.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (119KB, 1347x746px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
119KB, 1347x746px
>>384896684
>>
>>384898305
DELETE THIS.
>>
The new version fixed the crashes.
Now the only problem is the RAM usage
>>
>>384887769
>>384889026
"Nvidia has not patched" it has nothing to do with Nvidia you stupid fuck. If you knew anything about technology you would understand the way CEMU has been coded is total gruesome hack. It doesn't use framebuffer and vram in conventional way. It's literally hack on top of hack helped with more hacks.
>>
>>384899723
Time to play it then.
>>
>>384887769
>Only thing stooping me from fully enjoying it is the fact Nvidia still has not patched the shadier chashe ram usage issue.
This has a workaround. Has for a while now.
>>
>>384898305

Does Cemu get constant 30fps in towns?

I really doubt it.
>>
how will a 4790k and 1080ti do
>>
>>384887769
Why would they do this for an emulator?
>>
>>384902750
Perfectly fine.
>>
>>384902719
Depends on your machine. If you have something better than a damn Tegra, sure.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-26+at+01.25.12).jpg (21KB, 259x350px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-26+at+01.25.12).jpg
21KB, 259x350px
>>384887769

>Nvidia still has not patched
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.