[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>beat snake boss, feel like a good boy >... >wander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
>beat snake boss, feel like a good boy
>...
>wander the map for 2 hours trying to figure out what to do

i haven't used any guides and don't plan on it. /v/ doesn't count as a guide to me. the FUCK do i do
>>
>>384880860
>snake
The first one? Oh boy.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (51KB, 202x170px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
51KB, 202x170px
>>384880928
puzzles aren't my forte
>>
File: biggu bossu.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
biggu bossu.gif
2MB, 448x252px
you go into another area, you pleb.
>>
>Already stuck
I could help you but you seem hopelessly fucked in the long run if you're already having trouble.
>>
>>384880860
Isn't that the first one? You should have plenty of stuff to explore. Also, the game never tells you but killing bosses usually opens up new paths in locations without the game ever telling you.
>>
File: la mulana.gif (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
la mulana.gif
42KB, 400x400px
>>384880994
I hope you at least got the grail.
>>
>>384881007
i figure the sky spring thing is where i'm supposed to go but i've explored every available route to my knowledge there unless there's some bullshit invisible wall
>>
>>384880860
I played this expecting a metroidvania

instead I got Myst but in 2d

my only regret is that I couldn't refund this piece of trash
>>
>>384881035
lmao

>>384881080
its fun though friendo when you figure sdhit out and/or get over your retardation shit feels good
>>
>>384881080
>I played this expecting a metroidvania
That's retarded when literally everyone says it's about puzzles. I knew what I got myself into. When I finished it, I had 40 sheets of A4 paper in scribbles, pictures and writings. So yeah, just like when I played Myst.
>>
>>384881026
That's just outright poor design and direction.
Most of the "puzzles" are victims of that aswell
None of this
>Sooo cryptic and kewl! you must be a casual if you could even figure something as cryptic and simple as that out! Good luck later scrubs xD;!
It's just a poorly designed game, the puzzles aren't even puzzles, just cryptic clues trying to tell you to do some menial counter intuitive task

I know people love it and they are going to blindly defend it but it is poorly designed.
You don't have to have waypoints everywhere to give the player some direction.
>>
>>384881026
>game never tells you but killing bosses usually opens up new paths in locations without the game ever telling you
There's only one account of that happening that I remember, after Spring in the Sky. But yeah, it was bullshit.
>>
Be sure to go through the entire first area, and most importantly, get the grail.

There's a Steam manual (right click the game), and this to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtAFGes3Xdo

Try to solve the first two areas (Gate of Guidance and Mausoleum of the Giants) on your own merits, they're completely self-contained and the opening to the game. If you get stuck after that, ask.
>>
>>384881026
yeah i explored for something like that, ladders to new areas were still blocked except for spring in the sky, i got as far as i could in that until i found a waterfall blocking me from breaking some wall to release water so i'm kind of floundering
>>
>>384881280
There are some legitimately bullshit puzzles, but these kinds of posts mean that people usually haven't gone past the second area because they're making it way harder for themselves than necessary.
>>
>>384881425
ok that's my problem, i'm thinking the only area i have access to after the gate is the spring but apparently there's some mausoleum to find. i'd infer that's behind the giant blue guy but it's impossible to kill him rn so i guess i'll explore
>>
File: 1251634747574.jpg (104KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1251634747574.jpg
104KB, 960x540px
>>384881280
>Brainless idiot tries to justify his lack of intellect
Loving every laugh.
I beat the game blind and only got stuck like 4 times throughout the entire thing. 99% of the puzzles are well thought out and give you more than enough information you need to solve them.
Get good shitter lmao.
>>
>>384881731
Giant blue guy?

Mausoleum is just down from the Gate.
>>
>>384881946
oh i think i knoiw where you mean now. i'll check
>>
>>384882059
Be sure that you have the Grail first (the location is pretty much spoiled in the tutorial and manual, because it's so essential)
>>
>>384881738
Whatever you say son.

>Dude trust and throw yourself onto spikes
>They aren't real

Nice "puzzle"
>>
>>384882721
It's a great puzzle. It straight up says to have courage, there's nothing ambiguous about it.
If there were no tablet there hinting at that, then you'd actually have a point.
>>
>>384880860
You can solve the Mausoleum of the Giants
You can solve a decent chunk if not everything of the Temple of the Sun iirc
You can go from the MotG to the Twin Labyrinth, can't do much there yet but you can buy the Helmet which will allow you to progress in the Spring in the Sky

There you go anon, some goals for now
>>
>>384881071
Mausoleum of the Giants and Temple of the Sun should probably be done before Spring in the Sky.
>>
>tfw last week friday's update for La Mulana 2 was titled Sick Leave
>tfw there was no update this week

PANIC
>>
>>384881026
>Also, the game never tells you but killing bosses usually opens up new paths in locations without the game ever telling you.
That literally only happens once, when you beat Viy
Yes, it is bullshit but it doesn't happen multiple times.
>>
File: 1474670231278.png (132KB, 989x726px) Image search: [Google]
1474670231278.png
132KB, 989x726px
>clunky controls
>shit-ass "hold up in a random place" tier "puzzles"
>endgame more tedious than doing taxes
>>
>>384886549
don't forget about broken-ass balance with axe trivializing the combat in entire game the moment you get it
and also a lot of added pointless tedium like HP restoration spring like 3 screens away from village save point
>>
Use a walkthrough retard. That's what they are for. If you really want to experience the game completely by yourself, then do it, but there really isn't any reason to be a try hard.
>>
>>384880860
Go to egypt joint, it's pretty self contained and straight-forward
>>
The gate of illusion is pure bullshit
>>
I found the game to be too open for my liking. So many clues to follow or hidden things to find. It felt great near be beginning but after a while I'd get stuck while finding dead ends or useless items that were simply of no use at the time.
If the game limited me a bit more I'd be able to focus on relevant things rather than waste my time try to figuring out something i can't complete or wouldn't be relevant at the time. The puzzles were easy enough but the lack of focus either threw me off or I'd forget about it.

I had beaten 2 bosses and was able to fight another 3, only had one ankh, however. I was ill equipped for those bosses so my interest in the game fizzled out as i was searching for an upgrade to my main weapon (the axe). It's a game i regret not finishing but at the same time, doubt i want to know what's ahead.

Anything you can say to get me back into it?
>>
>buggy one-shot puzzle forever locking you out of the whip upgrade

wow such good game design
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.