[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All enemies, even the basic minions, are bullet-sponges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: gungeon.jpg (68KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
gungeon.jpg
68KB, 460x215px
>All enemies, even the basic minions, are bullet-sponges
>Rate of fire is too slow
>Magazine sizes are too small
>Reload is annoying, takes too long, and is done too frequently
>Accuracy?
>Either the "coin" drop rate is too low, or the prices in the shop are too high. You can almost never afford anything unless you're playing Pilot
>Too many joke and meme guns
>Dopey artstyle

I thought this game was supposed to be good? As someone who likes Nuclear Throne, I wanted to like this game a lot more than I do.

My biggest complaints are the first ones I mentioned. Enemies have way too much health; this, combined with the low rate of fire of the default/low level guns, small magazine sizes, reload mechanic, and inconsistent accuracy means that runs are very slow to start. This is a problem in a roguelike where you're going to be playing through the first part of the game repeatedly. It's just too slow and boring to sit there and slowly pop away at those beginning enemies with the default and low tier weapons.

The game can be fun when you get a good run going, but it's such a chore to get there that I don't even want to bother anymore. Thoughts?
>>
Cool blog
>>
>>384870745
>Thoughts?
I think you probably need to git gud and/or went into the game with the wrong expectations. In Nuclear Throne you just get super overpowered guns and combine them with mutations to clear multiple screens with a single click. In Gungeon you get carried by items and weapons far less and have to be able to play the game.
>>
>>384870745

going through the first floor feels like a chore after you get good. i feel like it's a waste of time but choosing to take the elevator feels like your gimping yourself, missing chests and whatever. as for the reloading thing, did you know your guns reload automatically if you switch to a different gun?
>>
>>384870745
Second I turned on a no-reload script it was much more enjoyable. The guns that have a reload-centric gimmick are all shit anyway.
>>
>>384870789
Summer /v/, pls go
>>
>>384870745
>Friends all talking to me about how they got to floor five in their second playthrough and shit
>Play game ten million times
>Never get past floor 4

I thought I was good at game.
>>
>>384871249
Don't worry, a lot of people are dogshit at Gungeon. I have a spasm every time I see a friend load it up and look at their achievements and see they've spent 15 hours and they've finished floor 3 twice.
>>
>>384870745
The game requires a lot more luck than Nuclear Throne, almost purely because of the bullet sponge problem. Unlike say, Binding of Isaac where you can work around your luck by learning how the secrets work and bolstering your odds, there's none of that in Gungeon because you cannot take anywhere near as much of an educated guess as to where the secrets are and even then they can be garbage.

If you don't get dropped at least one decent weapon for bosses you'll be stuck plinking away at them which is extremely boring and something that happens in Isaac too if you have the worst luck.

And before someone decides to be a smartass the only achievements I don't have are Frifle's hunts, the chandelier and minecarts ones and challenge mode. I've played the game this much, had fun with it but that doesn't mean RNG can't shit in your breakfast regularly. Especially with whether it wants to drop ammo.
>>
File: 1432782641304.jpg (118KB, 397x541px) Image search: [Google]
1432782641304.jpg
118KB, 397x541px
>>384871641
>there's none of that in Gungeon
Fake news.
>>
The bullet sponge thing is what irks me the most, especially since enemies HP increases every floor.
Those little bulletkin critters shouldn't take 6 fucking shots to kill.
>>
>>384872117
>Those little bulletkin critters shouldn't take 6 fucking shots to kill.
This
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.