[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/. Picked this game up cheap the other day, because I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /v/. Picked this game up cheap the other day, because I heard some good things about it (Todd McFarlane is a pretty good selling point imo) I had a couple of questions though, and figured I'd take them here since this game has kinda faded into obscurity.
1. What respawns in this game? I know enemies will, but what about other NPCs and animals?
2. I know you can make decisions in this game, but (without spoilers) how big of a deal are they?
Thanks for your time.
>>
played this game for 15 minutes and was appalled at how unfun it was
>>
>>384866948
Decisions mean fuck all I know that and I finished the game after the final quest came quicker than my first time so I'm not sure about npc respawn I assume they don't
>>
>>384866948
NPC's don't respawn and don't worry about the major decisions. They don't change much and is mostly tied to class based stuff.
>>
>>384866948
1. Animals will respawn, essential NPCs, like quest-givers, will not. Guards and such will.
2. Its been awhile, but most of the choices in the game are your character and your play-style. Decisions in the game have little effect, for example, you may complete a quest-line by siding with the antagonist of that entire questline, but this doesn't really affect the world, and is really just more of a twist, though different endings to quest-lines give different items/bonuses.
>>
This is one of the few games that I've bothered to get all the achievements for. Most people don't like the "single player MMO" shit, but I'm all for it. That all being said, I can't be much help to OP. I can't remember what respawns and the only choices that I think might make some difference is with the faction lines. The end of every faction gives you a passive bonus, and I think that might slightly change depending on your choices. The "choices" are so minute that I'm not even sure they exist, I'm just guessing.
>>
>>384867346
It's because the trophies were for only getting to the end of the questline and not actually for choosing a specific ending. Thankfully this meant only a single playthrough to Platinum. But it also meant you probably forgot all about it once you did.
>>
>>384866948
The game is buggy and inconsistent as shit. Most generic people you kill will respawn in about 4 in game days. Some important quest givers are immortal. Most quest givers will fail your quest if you manage to kill them. Sometimes they respawn.

Decisions? It really doesn't influence much. The three main factions (that you can do all three of) have a big choice at the end of their quest chains but ultimately it just alters your reward a bit. Well, one of the nice things about this game is that a lot of NPCs will react to your character differently based on your choices but only if they would have logically heard about what you did. It beats not having any influence on that at all like most games with "choices".
>>
>>384867267
>>384867269
Thanks for the info. I like to go on killing sprees in RPGs so knowing if I should save beforehand is good to know.
>>384867346
I've really enjoyed the game so far. I love MMOs myself, so to make something one where the combat is decent and flashy is a great way to get my money.
>>
>>384866948
1. Everything respawns.
2. Nothing matters.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the greatest 6/10 game of all time.
>>
>>384866948
>Todd McFarlane is a pretty good selling point imo
Is it 1995 again and nobody bothered telling me?
>>
>>384867760
No, I just like his art and Spawn was my childhood.
>>
File: 1477936313768.gif (3MB, 306x145px) Image search: [Google]
1477936313768.gif
3MB, 306x145px
The game was fun like everyoje else said, but the LOOT was god awful. As in, the levels for fhe loot were locked, and if you git a piece of a set at the beginning of the game and another piece halfway through... you were fucked, boy. Stats wise is all. Still a pain tho since far as i ham aware, mods are nearly nonexistent for this game
>>
>>384868071
I remember there being a set of daggers with a 2% drop rate, that only dropped in the swamp area, best daggers in the game. Shit like that really didn't need to be carried over from MMOs.
>>
>>384868071
bones' mummyguard is unstoppable

he'll need is against cormier next week now that he's off the juice
>>
I feel like the entire point of this game was as satire for respeccing in RPGs
>>
>>384868071
That is the sole reason I walked away from the game famalam, I wanted decent matching pieces for a set but RNGesus was not generous those days. Made it through the pirate themed DLC and said nah gonna turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
File: 1477020430288.gif (2MB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
1477020430288.gif
2MB, 499x310px
>>384866948
I have no idea about those points, anaon. I can just tell you about 3/5s of the way into the game, no choices you make really make any impact except possibly faction wise and even then, nah. As for respawns i dont know bro i think someone else answered. I been drinkin sorry man but you gave me good memories cause the gameplay in this game is fantastic... just not gear statistics
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.