[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it make more sense to use weapons your character is best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
Does it make more sense to use weapons your character is best suited/has skills specifically for (combat rifles and shotguns with Roland) or to just use whatever does more damage?
>>
Those skills should make those weapons do more damage you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>384864641
It makes more sense to not play this shitty fucking game.
>>
>weapons your character is best suited/has skills specifically for
>or to just use whatever does more damage?

Well if it does more damage then whatever suits you then thats already the better choice
>>
File: brick.jpg (5KB, 148x140px) Image search: [Google]
brick.jpg
5KB, 148x140px
>using guns
>>
I want to know, memes aside, is Borderlands 2 any good? It's been sitting in my wishlist forever.
>>
>>384865730
sequel has horrible writing, and the sound effects for the guns are even worse. subsequent playthroughs make enemies incredibly spongy even with slag weapons.

its ok
>>
File: ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>384865730
compared to bl1 its waaaaayy better in just about every way. Its also pretty damn good with atleast one friend but I find it still playable in singleplayer. Also if you like it, get the tiny tina dlc, its by far the best.

Gunzerker is OP
>>
>>384865927
one of the worst opinions of the day
>>
>>384865730
Better in terms of gameplay and adventure, worse in terms of writing and dialogue.
>>
>>384864641
Whatever kills enemies the most efficiently

Though I've never played the first one, in the second one upgrading the powers are what really turn the tide since the guns level with your enemies usually
>>
>>384866062
This
>>
>>384865730

It's ok. Like all games, it's more fun with multiple players. Gunplay definitely feels better in BL1 though.

While the game touts more gun customizations than the first game, it really won't feel like it, since gun manufacturers are far more limited. No Atlas, no S&S, Bandit is worthless, Tediore is mostly worthless, and the rest only make a few varieties of gun each.

Scaling is also fucked compared to the first game. You'll regularly drop rares and legendaries for white or green guns a few levels higher because they do more damage, and not doing so will make you chew through multiple clips to take enemies down.

Characters are at least pretty enjoyable, since there's multiple ways you can specialize them, unlike the first where there was really just one OP set of skills to aim for. Abilities can be changed and modified depending on the skills you get for whatever character too, giving you a bit of customization. Environments are also more varied compared to BL1.

Writing is hot garbage, with far too many memes thrown around in casual conversations or random bullshit. The only real selling point is Jack, and it's telling that he's so memorable because he adlibbed most of his dialogue instead of following the shitty script.

If you can get it on sale, go ahead and get the super special ultimate edition with all the DLC and new characters. It can't hurt and it's usually pretty cheap.
>>
>>384865730
The only thing it's really got going for it is vastly improved character skill trees. In nearly every other respect, it's worse than BL1.
>>
>>384864641

Depends on the class, in BL1 I think it was Soldiers that helped you regen ammo which was needed if you're w/e class that used SMG's.
>>
I've only played BL1 co-op with a friend and built roland as a shotgunner who shot enemies in the face and also friends in the face except it healed them somehow. It made me realize that (1.) This game is built upon playing with your friends and anyone who enjoys it solo should probably have a psychiatric professional keeping a close eye upon them, and (2.) Shotguns are still literally The Best Thing if they're designed right, which you think everyone would have learned after Doom 2, but somehow they keep fucking it up.
>>
>>384865730
good game with glaring issues, like the first game. both are fun though, TPS is where things truly turn to shit because they changed too many mechanics for the worse and it's literally just Borderlands 2 with less content in a different setting

I like the first game the most because of the way loot works in it and the guns were just better feeling all around, but 2 did make classes and builds feel more distinct and rewarding.

Also
anyone know what the fuck is up with captchas on the clover app? I have to cycle through like 30 of them because it keeps saying "next" instead of submit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.