[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Adachi such a better villain than Kamoshida, Akechi,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1405701906865.jpg (31KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405701906865.jpg
31KB, 364x400px
Why was Adachi such a better villain than Kamoshida, Akechi, Shido, and the rest of the lamers from Persona 5 combined?
>>
He's relatable.
>>
File: adachi thread.png (137KB, 300x650px) Image search: [Google]
adachi thread.png
137KB, 300x650px
He was right.
>>
He became more interesting after his reveal as a villain. Akechi was a better character BEFORE his reveal as a villain.
>>
>>384861724
Actual ambitions.
Sure they're simple (bitches, whores, etc), but Akechi's don't make sense, and Shido's are nonexistent.
>>
>>384861724
Better reveal. Not completely obvious from early on in the game. Fucked up motivations backed up with, while insane and cruel, understandable logic. JYB did a great job voicing him.
>>
Adachi for BB CTB.
>>
>>384862763
i thought daddy issues pancake boy was relatable
>>
File: 1429501438036.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429501438036.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>384865084
He was but adachi felt more fleshed out, especially since he has some sort of redemtion in P4U2's story and a explanation (not justification though) for how he ended up with the attitude/motives he had in P4 with an episode dedicated to adachi in that stupid P4G anime. Hell, that was probably the only good episode in that anime but they should have added that adachi story bit in the original P4 anime. Of course, P5 just came out and still hasn't had other media to flesh out akechi but adachi was still a cool character without needing all that extra stuff, it only made him better.
>>
He's just a psychotic man child when you boil it all down. Still an interesting villian to face off against with just how warped his thinking, motivations and actions play out and realizing that despite his immature views of the world, this man was able to stay ahead of everyone until the very end. You relate to him and thinking that he's relatable makes you unsettled about your own mind and so you're genuinely put on edge about what he'd end up doing if given a chance and wondering if maybe you're a bit unstable in the head as well.

These type of villains are always the best kinda villains. It's why I love guys like the Joker and Yoshikage Kira.
>>
>>384862763
he's relatable? perhaps to an junior high nihilist such as yourself
>>
>>384863208
What? His entire spiel was a lack of any actual ambition. He didn't give up on any dreams when he found out life is a bag of shit, he just became disillusioned and cynical. His only two crimes were opportunistic as shit. He wasn't teaching the women a lesson, he was avenging the embarrassment he felt being rejected. Turning everyone into shadows wasn't his idea. Sure he wouldn't give a shit but it's not like he was setting the plan in motion deliberately.
>>
Akechi was such a Strawman after his """reveal""" he could be in the Wizard of Oz.

>I don't need friends
>Stop helping me. THIS IS MY STORY NOT YOURS REEEEEE
>>
>>384866452
He went crazy a bit too quickly but I think if the exchange was more properly paced and the dialogue less cliche it could have worked. I think his plan in general was fucking retarded but that could've added to his breakdown; realizing how contrived and fucked he'd been until then and still being accepted by the group would've been good.
>>
>understandable and relatable motivations

What the fuck? Why do people keep saying this?

>Only wanted to be a cop because hurr I can carry a gun
>Finds out that being a cop isn't like the TV show Cops at all and actually involved a lot of paperwork and logistics
>Fucks up majorly on the job and gets reassigned to a small town
>Instead of being thankful he didn't get completely dismissed whines about how life isn't fair
>If you talk to him throughout the game, even when he's keeping up the meek, nice guy act and isn't in bitches and whores mode, he still comes off as incredibly childish and selfish and acts like the world should be handed to him on a silver platter
>tries to blast scoob and the gang for being spoiled kids that don't know what the real world is like which falls apart because he made his own problems and instead of rolling with it and trying to make things better just became a bitter nihilist who only cared about himself

His entire motivation basically came down to "wahh being an adult is hard I shouldn't have to work for anything ever". Granted, he was presented in an interesting way and his reveal was nicely done, but seeing so many people call him relatable makes me question how sad some people's lives really are.
>>
>>384866901
>posts on /v/
>question how sad some people's lives really are
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.