[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf is this shit? >get hired by a game studio to work on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Dragons-crown-screenshots-2.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons-crown-screenshots-2.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Wtf is this shit?

>get hired by a game studio to work on a game
>find out game is a metroidvania, cool, I'm an expert on those games since I played them so much
>find out the game's combat is going to be beat em up style like dragon's crown/shadows of mystara, and similar games

Are you fucking kidding me? You can't have that kind of gameplay in a metroidvania, it ruins the whole point. You're supposed to level up and get bs gear and shit on all the enemies fast as possible. Not have drawn out fights with them blocking attacks and doing combos and shit like that. It's gonna ruin it. Also:

>beat em up style combat on a flat 2d plane instead of a full 3d 2d plane ala proper beat em ups

Also shit, this means you won't be able to move up or down, only left or right, how can you dodge enemy attacks then? How can I get this dev team to scrap this shit and make a real metroidvania?
>>
that sounds retarded as fuck
>>
>>384861541
Try Valdis Story, it sounds a lot like what you're talking about, it's a pretty good game too.
>>
>>384861837
saw vids of it, fundamentally flawed. Combat systems like that ruin what a metroidvania is. They're about fast gameplay and exploring large areas, leveling and gearing up to get stronger. Not fighting tons of enemies with combos and blocking and all that shit.
>>
>>384861541
curb your autism please
>>
>>384862462
It's not autism, that style of gameplay doesn't fit. Why do you think Bloodstained isn't adding combos and all that shit to it? That stuff ruins metroidvania style gameplay.
>>
File: 1456011123660.jpg (361KB, 1010x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1456011123660.jpg
361KB, 1010x1400px
>>384861541
>YOU CAN'T DO THAT
>Proceeds to post a game that does exactly that
This thread is now devoted to delicious Amazon
>>
File: 2364499-snes_ninjawarriors.jpg (2MB, 2100x1532px) Image search: [Google]
2364499-snes_ninjawarriors.jpg
2MB, 2100x1532px
>>384861541
The metroidvania part was already a red flag. That and indie platformers with shitty physics are the go-to games for indieshit.

Still, if you want some reference on how a beat-em-up can work, play The Ninja Warriors on snes. It's actually really good.
>>
>>384862630
metroidvania as a genre doesn't say anything about the base combat style m8. You're just being autistic.
>>
>>384862796
*how a beat-em-up can work in 2 planes
>>
>>384862630
yeah, bloodstained is instead going to be ruined by other factors, like a hack developer and ridiculous expectations of its fans
>>
Get plenty of protein, OP has clearly already had his share of it.
>>
Metroidvanias are usually boring anyway, especially the Castlevania ones. You gotta level up but enemy placement is boring and poses no threat so you end up doing some combination of walking forward while mashing attack and just walking past/through things to get it over with. The worst part is that it works. If someone's gonna try something relatively undone with the core idea, then why the fuck not.
>>
worked pretty great in odin sphere
>>
>>384861541
super metroid never had this "level up" thing
>>
>>384862745
Why did the artist make her look so fat ingame? her legs and ass don't look right.
>>
>>384861541
>You can't have that kind of gameplay in a metroidvania
Fuck you, I do what I want.
>>
>>384861541

Who the fuck was telling you this was a metroidvania?
>>
>>384862920
>igarashi
>hack developer

I'm gonna fucking kick your ass now.
>>
>>384862032
Is this a bait thread? This has to be a bait thread.

>>384861837
Good game.
>>
>>384863072
That wasn't a metroidvania, it was a shitty beatem up on a 2d plane

>>384862986
Enemies are supposed to be obstacles and ways to level up and farm gear. They're not supposed to be hard. I don't want some ninja gaiden shit with the enemies fucking me up all game long. Metroidvania means you level and gear up and fucking rekt their shit.
>>
>>384861541
Just convince them to make a reskinned Super Metroid. Can't really go wrong there, as long as you're able to pull off proper atmosphere and exploration. A couple good artists should be able to handle that, tho.
>>
>>384861541
This thread is eerily reminiscent of the old limb-based fighting game threads. Takes me back. Have I been here too long?
>>
>>384863185
yeah, he is a hack developer, didn't even have anything to do with sotn despite claiming that he created it, kek.

Don't worry though, we will seen this proven when bloodstained comes out and ends up complete dog shit, despite being developed by the "godfather" of metroidvanias
>>
>>384863076
Super Metroid isn't Metroidvania. It's just Metroid. No vania pollution.
>>
>>384863568
its inafune all over again...

wtf did iga actually do then for sotn?
>>
>>384863084
He likes butts
>>
>>384863084

>super skinny stomach with abs
>big ass and hips
>OMG ITS FAT!
Go fuck a 2x4.
>>
>>384865000
but the way it sticks out looks wrong, like some shit from a rap video
>>
>>384865149

The way what sticks out? her thighs? Yes, its an exaggeration. But its not making her overweight. You do get that it's a depiction of a fantasy race, right? It's like complaining some elves have long ears because the artist took liberties.
>>
File: 1490226173012.jpg (54KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
1490226173012.jpg
54KB, 600x792px
>>384863818

She's a brick....house. She's mighty mighty.
>>
>>384865312
how the hell is a woman a fantasy race? and elves look stupid with long ears, look at any anime, Japanese game, Korean mmo, or blizzard game. Tolkien specifically stated elves had leaf shaped ears, same shape as humans but with a slight pointy tip.
>>
>>384863354
>shitty
>Odin Sphere

Maybe if you have shit taste.
>>
>>384865684
>how the hell is a woman a fantasy race?
You're on /v/ and you're asking why we would think of women as a fantasy race?
>>
>>384865684

>how the hell is a woman a fantasy race?
Look up what an Amazon is.

>Tolkien specifically stated elves had leaf shaped ears, same shape as humans but with a slight pointy tip.
Tolkien didn't invent elves. There are depictions of elves before and after the Lord of the Rings with long, pointed ears. As well as short elves (like the typical Christmas elf). Tolkien himself created an idealized version of elves.
>>
>>384866030
Long ears is a post Tolkien creation inspired from Japanese anime and blizzard. I highly doubt there were Nordic or Irish tales of elves with longass ears.
>>
>>384861541
make your own game then
>>
File: 1329474844862.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1329474844862.png
107KB, 320x287px
>>384861541
>How can I get this dev team to scrap this shit and make a real metroidvania?

Write a report where you go into detail (with examples) why X won't work while offering solution Y and explain why your solution will result in stronger gameplay.
Have them read it.
Then if they're still not convinced have *them* argue for having the beat-em-up style combat and tell them that this is about making the best game they can make, not ego.

If they still won't listen then keep working on the game, later add it to your resume when it's finished and leave for another company. Or leave right now.
Working with unreasonable people in game development seldom works out.
>>
>>384866203

>anime and blizzard invented long ears
There are fantasy books and drawing made around Tolkines time that depict elves with long ears, as a mistranslation of what Tolkien meant by 'leaf shaped ears'. But also influences from other mythical beings such as pixies and faries, who often are depicted with long ears even befor Tolkiens time.

Blizzard's design took heavy inspiration from the covers of cheap fantasy literature, which were alterations of Tolkien style designs. Anime took inspiration from the these same sources and went in a new direction with it.
>>
>>384863354

>If it's not a Metrovania, it's shit
Vanillaware has actually innovated on 2D games where Konami and Nintendo are stuck in the year 1997.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.