[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a really hard game and was wondering how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
I'm looking for a really hard game and was wondering how does this compare to Dark Souls?
>>
Don't bother
>>
It's the Dark Souls of the Hunting genre
>>
MH veteran who has at least 1k hours in every game since Freedom 1 on PSP.

X and XX are the easiest games in the series. If you want a challenging but still relatively modern Monster Hunter game pick up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. If you don't care about the game being super modern then pick up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
>>
>>384852278
>X and XX are the easiest games in the series

I'd say P3rd is the easiest while MH3U would be the easiest G-Rank game. But yes, X/XX aren't too far off the mark.
>>
>>384852606
I don't know, P3rd and 3U still require you to know the series fundamentals to play well.

In X all you have to do is go bushido style (for certain weapons) and you can brainlessly fight anything in the game with no risk. Bushido bow in particular was insanely easy and safe.
>>
>>384851781
It isn't hard at all.
Except on some optional monsters who have shit gear so they aren't even worthy of the grind.
>>
>I'm looking for a really hard game

all right

>and was wondering how does this compare to Dark Souls?

what the fuck
>>
>>384852278
>>384852796
>>384852606
Stay mad, cucks. Your niche weebshit will NEVER EVER be as good or popular as Dark Souls.
>>
>>384851781
It's the newest with the most active multiplayer. I agree with others that it's the easiest but there's still good challenge quests and events.

The switch port (jp only with possible fan patch) comes out next month with crossplatform play.
>>
>>384853160

weak bait, almost didn't bother responding
>>
File: 1485744771387.jpg (5KB, 131x81px) Image search: [Google]
1485744771387.jpg
5KB, 131x81px
>>384851781
>mh that introduces the ability to go invincible in a seconds notice by holding down a single button, available for every weapon
>hard

are you fucking serious
>>
>>384852278

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G were the series peak. Shame it's been casual Ville ever since.

If they ported 2nd G to PC and I would play the game in a heart beat.
>>
>>384853324
If you own a PS3 you can mod it and download the fan translation of Freedom Unite HD. I still play the shit out of that. There's P3rd HD too but I play that less because I didn't like that game as much.
>>
>>384851781
>combat has some weight
>animation priority
>combat about committing to your actions

Dark Souls combat definitely has some monhun inspirations. I mean it's there its not hard to see especially the older souls games.
>>
>>384851781
X and XX are garbage anime shit. emulate MHFU/p3rd instead
>>
>>384851781
That game is L i t e r a l l y E Z °¬°b
Go playing MH4U.
>>
>>384851781
It is the most braindead MH up to date. Go play 4U because it is the most balanced MH up to date. The Lvl 140s are fun because they are hard but still fair.
>>
>>384853324
4U is probably harder than FU homie, the monsters are much more predictable and apex isn't a thing
>>
>>384855819
go away rikabutt
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.