[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

President of Nihon Falcom: "We Want All of Our Games on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

https://techraptor.net/content/president-nihon-falcom-games-on-steam

Earlier this month, TechRaptor had the chance to interview Toshihiro Kondo, the president of Nihon Falcom – the developers of both the Ys and Legend of Heroes series. We’ve got our full interview coming up soon, but one specific answer to one of our questions stood out from the rest, more or less confirming that the company hopes to release all of their titles on PC, in one way or another, going forward. The translation for Kondo-san’s answer was provided by NIS America.

TechRaptor: It’s been said that Ys VIII’s PS4 release was made to target the west, though it and a few other “modern” Falcom titles are all receiving PC ports lately. Has Falcom been actively pursuing PC versions for more recent releases in the west?

Toshihiro Kondo: We have no hesitation about releasing games on Steam. Rather, given that we don’t have a large staff, we mainly have to rely [on] partners to help us realize a PC port. When we first started releasing games on Steam, we were initially unsure of whether or not players would want to play our older games. However, as we gradually released games on Steam and saw the very positive reaction that was much greater than we expected, we feel like we want all of our games that come out to [release] on Steam.

Although Kondo’s words might not be too shocking considering recent events – XSEED Games are releasing Trails of Cold Steel I/II on PC later this year, Aksys Games will release Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Steam around the same time of the PS4 release, and of course NIS America is releasing Ys VIII on Steam at the same time as the western PS4/Vita release – it’s still nice to see the words come out officially, nonetheless. At this point, it feels safe to say that whenever Trails of Cold Steel III gets a western release announcement, a PC release won’t be far behind.
>>
>>384846239
Jesus christ that image
>>
Delete this atrocity right now.
>>
UMA
>>
>>384846316
uma delicia
>>
OP did you mean to derail your own thread?
>>
File: niggers.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
What can we do about the BR problem?
>>
>>384846603
Just stay away, Cannibals are dangerous
>>
>>384846537

It was the only picture I could use besides a bunch of screaming or crying wojacks.
>>
>>384846239

What other games are Nihon Falcom known for besides Ys and Trails?
>>
File: brandish 3.png (24KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
brandish 3.png
24KB, 640x400px
>>384848359
Dragon Slayer (the first true ARPG)
Zwei
Xanadu
Brandish
Popful Mail
Sorcerian
>>
>>384848520

I heard of the first three, no idea what the last three are about.
>>
File: Popful Mail PC 98.jpg (3MB, 1771x2742px) Image search: [Google]
Popful Mail PC 98.jpg
3MB, 1771x2742px
>>384848759
Popful Mail's pretty good
>>
>>384847326
this is 4chan now
>>
>>384846239
Falcom has been making PC games since the 80s so that part isn't much of a surprise.
Unless they only release with steam DRM from now on. That would be bad, steam is cancer.
>>
File: sanae's wonderful advice.webm (300KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
sanae's wonderful advice.webm
300KB, 512x288px
>>384847326
>>
>>384846239
OMG OMG I GET TO PLAY MUH LE WAIFU GAMES ON STEAM XD
OHSHIT MUH DICK MMMM GIB ME MORE OF YOUR SHALLOW SHITTY GENRE NIP OVERLORDS NUMNUMNUM
MUH WAIFU XDDD *fapfapfapfapfapfapfap*
>>
>>384852207
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>384846239
>>384848520
>>384849598
>normalfags will now be exposed to Popful Mail, Brandish etc
End it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.